The next stage of the Twilight Stories contest involves directors making their pitch to direct one or more of the winning entries.
PHASE 4: DIRECTOR PITCH – (Open to Female Filmmakers) Submit your Pitch (What Is a Pitch Phase?) convincing the judges why you should be selected to execute a Short Film based on one of the winning Screenplays from the previous Phase. The Director Pitch must present a clear vision for the proposed short film. For further Submission Requirements, please see below:
- Text (REQUIRED): 500 characters or less synopsizing how you plan to approach and execute this Short Film.
- Portfolio of Existing Work (REQUIRED): Each Director Pitch must include an existing portfolio of work that clearly demonstrates the director’s ability to execute on the proposed Winning Screenplay. Please link to your previous video work and specify your role (producer, director, etc.).
- Director Bio (REQUIRED): Tell us a little about yourself in 500 characters or less.
- Screenplay (REQUIRED): Select a winning Screenplay you want to work with from the previous phase via the dropdown menu.
- Storyboards (OPTIONAL): Additional concept art, storyboards, shot list, anything that helps get your point across.
- Headshots/Casting Boards (OPTIONAL): Casting notes or concepts, headshots of actors, etc.
- Pitch Video (REQUIRED): Create and upload a video explaining why you should direct a film based on one (1) of the Winning Screenplays from Phase 2. Each Director Pitch should be no longer than three (3) minutes and should include the director’s vision for the cast, crew and location options.