The Tongal website has announced (see chart below in no particular order)the top ten Twilight characters selected in the fan voting to be featured in the new female fan written short films.
Time to start dusting off that five-year-old fanfic and reworking it.
The next stage is the Screen Play submissions. according to the Tongal website (click here full details):
PHASE 2: SCREENPLAY OUTLINE (Open to Female Writers) In 500 characters or less, Screenplay Outlines should establish a story that could be expanded into a complete Screenplay, and ultimately a 5-10 minute short film. You will be required to select which character you’re featuring in your Screenplay Outline from a dropdown menu (if using more than one, please choose only one as the main character). Judges will determine the top 20 Screenplay Outlines. These 20 finalists will receive $500 each and write complete Screenplays in the next phase.
- The Screenplay Proposal must focus on a Selected Character;
- The Screenplay Proposal must be original, inventive, engaging and dynamic;
- The Screenplay Proposal must provide a solid basis for a five (5) to ten (10) minute film;
- The Screenplay Proposal must include drama and/or conflict; and
- The Screenplay Proposal must be five hundred (500) characters or less.
Judging Criteria: The focus on a central character or protagonist; originality and inventiveness; ability to translate into a five (5) to ten (10) minute film; and the number of votes obtained during the Screenplay Proposal Voting Period (25%).