Here are some quick fact about the new Twilight novel Life and Death:
1. You can get if as part of the new 10th anniversary edition of Twilight which is available in hardback and Kindle right now.
2. Life and Death not only gender swaps Bella and Edward (Beau and Edith), but every single character in the original novel right down to the school secretary.
3. Stephenie Meyer has no immediate plans for a new Twilight novel that would continue Jacob and Renesmee’s story and Leah’s story, but she will eventually reveal what their happy endings are, even if it’s on her deathbed.
4. If Stephenie had continued with Twilight novels, Renesmee would be the narrator.
5. Stephenie has several signings of the new novel. See her website for details.
6. There are no immediate plans for a major movie surrounding any characters in the series, but Stephenie enjoyed the Twilight Short films that were fan made that came out earlier this year. You can see them all here.
7. Stephenie was on GMA today talking about the novel. You can catch the entire video here.
8. Life and Death isn’t just a change of genders, names, and pronouns. The storyline is essentially the same, but it’s not a word-for-word repeat.
9. There are no immediate plans to have a Bella and Edward to a Beau and Edith swap in the other novels in the series.
10. Stephenie decided on this take because, according to EW,”Meyer explains in her foreword to the anniversary edition of the novel that she decided to go with the gender bending to underscore her position that Bella isn’t a “damsel in distress” as certain critics have charged. Rather, the author insists, the character is a “human in distress,” or as Meyer calls her, “a normal human being surrounded on all sides by people who are basically superheroes and supervillians.””