Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart on the Beach at Isle Esme Location

Well, you knew they didn’t truck all that extra sand in for nothing! We are going to put these below a spoiler cut. It’ s not a huge plot reveal, but since it’s Isle Esme, an actual filmed moment, and some people are trying to stay spoiler free, it’s under a spoiler cut. All images from Ego and IG via Foforks

SPOILER DO NOT CLICK IF YOU DO NOT WANT TO SEE

One image from each primary source appears below. When you visit their sites you will find many more taken in the same location.

More photos here on Ego

IG also has a photo collection of earlier filming where Rob and Kristen are seen playing chess. Twilight had the scene where the book cover was mimicked in the “edible art” section in the cafeteria. Neither New Moon nor Eclipse had a homage to the book covers. This is a great return with the last movie to pay tribute to the chess based book cover.

There are more images on IG

Comments

1. This is torture!!! I can not stand it that we have to wait for this movie! At least Eclipse is coming out next month…maybe that will get me through:)

2. this is going to be a long year, waiting for the film to come to theaters. can’t wait for eclipse next month though

3. argh! its such a long wait till breaking dawn! wait, hasn’t eclipse already come out? i just watched it a month ago.

4. yeah..absolutely agree with you guys! andrea..she’s talkin bout the dvd of eclipse (:

5. Sandee West says:

I like that Kristen’s, or “Bella’s” hair is very long for this. I can’t wait to see her in the wedding gown. The description in Breaking Dawn…the braids and all…can’t wait!!

6. LORDY!!!! It will be a long year!

7. This is so exciting. I’m so glad they are elaborating on the honeymoon scenes.

8. cullenfanforever says:

is it me or does robert hair is really dark, he doesnt look like edward

• I noticed the same thing! I wonder if they are trying to create the subconscious effect of Bella and Edward being more “mature”…more “ready” for marriage. I like the bronzed look, though it seems like they have been phasing it out in the last two movies. Perhaps it is just difficult to get the full effect from the fuzzy, long-range photos!

9. OMG this is really gonna be a long year i just can’t wait!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    and this playing chess scene is a great idea but
    i hope they film all the good scenes and not to cut them like what they did in eclipse and new moon, cuz i was really disappointed.

10. Regarding the book covers, I thought Chris Weitz did nod towards the tulip on the cover of ‘New Moon’ in the scene where Carlisle was stitching Bella’s arm back together in his study? The bloodied bandages in a dish next to Bella which Carlisle set alight, bore an uncanny resemblance to the red and white tulip petals on the cover. watch it again and let me know if anyone else agrees or i’m imagining things again!

• Now that I think about it, you’re right! I’m not sure it was intentional, but either way it’s pretty cool.

• I also heard (from a Wietz interview I think) that you can see an image of a wolf in there.

• Bella is the only one Edward can play chess with! He says in MS that Alice is the only one who will play games w/ him anymore (because he can read all of his opponents moves) and in NM Bella comments that it’s the funniest thing she’s ever seen. I think it’s cool that it’s quiet for Edward on the island – truly it’s just he and Bella.

11. twilight dreamers says:

Aw Its looks sweet and romantic. Its going to be a long time!

12. I cant really tell, but are they playing chess with red and white pieces like on the book cover?

13. i love it

14. edwardcullenYUMM says:

they’re obviously playing chess because of the book cover but remember in breaking dawn he was trying to distrace her with ANYTHING so that that wont have sex because he didnt wanna hurt her again? mayb thats why they’re playing chess lmao <3 one year is tooo long a wait.

15. edwardcullenYUMM says:

distract****

16. I think the chess playing is definitely a distraction. (But also a nice way to throw in the book cover.) Seriously this next year is gonna be so hard to wait!

17. I am the worst ever at sticking to my own rules of avoiding spoilers. It didn’t take long at all for me to click and see the pictures.

18. Oh wow! I love it! How am I supposed to wait for this movie?!!

19. Samantha S. says:

Is anybody else seeing what they’re playing?

Chess.

(Book cover.) Symbolism. =D

20. It’s gonna be a long year ! I can’t wait and everything I’ve seen so far I love!

21. StephanieCullen says:

These are awesome pictures. I am so excited for breaking dawn to come out!! It was my favourite book out of all of them. I really wish Stephenie would write more of them, I don’t want the series to end. There are so many unanswered questions…*sigh* One long year wait.