Walmart’s Exclusive New Moon Ultimate Fan DVD

Ultimate fans of Twilight have a reason to howl with excitement:  a sneak peek at The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.  Walmart announced today it will be the only retailer to carry The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition on standard DVD and Blu-ray, with never-before-seen footage from the upcoming The Twilight Saga: Eclipse. Walmart also will feature “Twilight Saga Shops” in stores – a dedicated shopping experience for Twilight fans to bite into a variety of Twilight­-themed clothing, jewelry, and merchandise, including new items to show their wolf- or vampire-fan pride.

Fans can pre-order The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition, as well as the national two-disc Special Edition DVD or Special Edition Blu-ray, today at Walmart.com.  With the new movie and 50 minutes of extra footage and interviews, The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition also contains an exclusive, 7-minute sneak peek of The Twilight Saga: Eclipse.  It begins with an exciting behind-the-scenes look at the production of the newest film.  New interviews with stars Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart and Taylor Lautner, as well as with series-creator Stephenie Meyer, are integrated with revealing on-the-set footage of some of the key scenes and sets from the upcoming movie.  This first-look at The Twilight Saga: Eclipse concludes with the world premiere of an actual scene from the upcoming film.

Walmart’s Twilight Saga Shops, designed for both the “fan-pire” and “wolf-lover,” will open in stores mid-March and will feature a variety of items themed around the Twilight series and favorite movie characters.

Among the items in Walmart Twilight Saga Shop are:

• Wolf and vampire lover tanks ($7)
  • Twilight Saga themed tees ($9)
  • Jacob Black and Edward Cullen tees ($9)
  • Twilight Saga-themed jewelry (bracelets, pins, key chains, earrings, necklaces) ($5 )
  • Twilight Saga-themed messenger bags ($12) and totes ($9)
  • Twilight Saga books, including “The Twilight Saga: New Moon Official Illustrated Companion Book” – ($13.24)and “Life Story” magazine cover issue featuring Twilight ($8.95)
  • The Twilight Saga New Moon Ultimate Fan Poster – exclusive DVD cover art ($5)
  • Party snacks and beverages to prepare for DVD viewing parties
  • New Moon Special Edition Two-Disc DVD and Blu-ray – available 12:01 a.m., Mar. 20
  • The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition Two-Disc DVD ($24.96) and Blu-ray ($29.96) and  The Twilight Saga: New Moon Ultimate Fan Edition with Forks documentary DVD ($29.96)  – all available 12:01 a.m., Mar. 20

Comments

1. mschicklet says:

OK! For the fourth time — Walmart blu-ray: deleted and extended New Moon scenes included, or not? 6-part making of featurette, yes or no?

• There aren’t any extended or deleted scenes on the Walmart Ultimate Fan Edition. I bought it yesterday, checked both disks, and they aren’t on there.
      I.
      AM.
      PISSED.

2. Brittanylovestwilight says:

mschicklet – i wanna know this too. this’ll be the deciding factor for me. :)

• mschicklet says:

It’s so frustrating! There are 8 million versions of this movie and no one has updated their product information. Scummit really outdid themselves in the “pissing off customers” department.

• Different versions of the same movie from different vendors designed to squeeze as much money (foolishly) from fans of this movie as possible..Is there anyone else out there who thinks that Summit should be ashamed of themselves for promoting this or allowing such a thing to happen?? Shame on us all for falling for this!!

3. Lily Cullen says:

Hmmm, I think I’ll buy the cheapest version then go on youtube to see the Eclipse footage and extras.

4. Lily Cullen; I was thinking the same thing haha

I got the Borders Twilight Edition and
    want to get their New Moon cause I mean,
    why not? haha
    it’s overwhelming, all the different versions.
    I’m really disappointed that the video commentary
    with Rob Taylor and Kristen..

5. I’m really disappointed that the video commentary
    *isn’t* with Rob Taylor and Kristen..

I feel smart haha

• Lily Cullen says:

Me too! Robert Pattinson is unintentionally funny, and I love Kristen Stewart’s interviews, she always has something intelligent to say.

6. Sadly, I will hand over all my money gladly to Summit. I need at least one for me, one for my Ipod, a handout to friends that I’ve been converting. Why do I have this awful/wonderful feeling that whenever all 4 movies are made, there will be some bonus set? I will only buy that if Stephenie Meyer has her own commentary with the director.

That woul be AWESOME! Summit, take notes!

• I love your idea about Stephenie’s commentary!
      I am 99.9% sure that there’ll be bonus sets, and before I bought the Twilight DVD, I wanted to wait until all four movies were made, but it’s absolutely impossible to resist buying the DVD’s right after their release. Especially when you see all the overwhelming versions of them. I’m still confused about which version of the New Moon DVD I should buy.

7. Not buying this dvd or any other because I will never watch it. I’m extremely disgusted with scummit cutting and rushing the Edward/Bella reunion scenes and I will never forgive them for totally elminating key dialogue including Edward’s “Before you Bella, my life was like a moonless night…” speech. scummit and Melissa Rosenberg need to READ the books! Plus, there’s no commentary with Rob and Kristen…BIG FAIL! I’m not giving them any more money!

8. Love all the covers except for Target don’t know why I think it has to do with the red cloaks.

• I don’t like any of the covers. I don’t understand why they had to take a handful of separate shots of the actors and then combine them together in different ways. How hard would it have been to have taken some real pictures of them all together? Every other movie manages to do it!

9. I compared them all again Walmart is 50 min extras Amazon 60 min and Target is 70 min all the same extras except for Walmart is offering the 7 min Eclipse footage. Let me know if I am wrong but I am going with what Lex posted yesterday.

10. Why do they look like zombies from a George Romero film?

11. i NEED this! SO excited! :D

12. I like this cover just because there’s a wolf in the background. I don’t understand why none of the other editions have a wolf or the Volturi on the cover–they’re cool! I think it’s funny that they all have their arms extended in the same way, though. :)

13. I’ll be sticking with Target’s 3 disc edition just like last year’s edition…it was wonderful! All that Eclipse stuff will make it’s way to the internets!!!

14. Is it just me, or do Rob, Kristen, and Taylor look weird on the cover for wal-mart’s dvd? It looks like some of their arms aren’t connected with their bodys..

15. Lily Cullen says:

Agreed, they look weird. They look like the wind machines are blowing them away and they’re trying to push against it and balance themselves.

16. I actually like the cover for the walmart DVD the best. It has Bella front and centre which is what New Moon is about. I love Edward truly, but this movie isn’t about him – Bella should be front and centre, or at the very least, Bella and Jake front and centre – like the movie tie-in paperback.

So disappointed that walmart.com won’t ship to Canada :c( Would love this edition!

17. Twilight9009 says:

I got the Target edition of Twilight, but I think the Walmart edition is the one I am going to get for New Moon. I want the Eclipse footage and I think it has the best cover out of all the US versions.

• I had pre-ordered the Amazon one, but I cancelled that one and pre-ordered the Walmart one because I want the Eclipse clip on there. I’m not too worried about what the cover looks like because I will have it in my cabinet with the rest of my DVD’s, its whats on the DVD’s that matter to me the most. Can’t wait!!

18. AliceKikiCullen says:

I hate these people. I just ordered a expesvice to go w/ my Twilight Dvd from Borders and u are telling me that only the Walmart version for the same amount of money is the one with Ecplise on it. I HATE U STINKING JERKS! I will just watch my friend’s then wait for Youtube. This just getting really stupid. I NEVER have these problems when I buy Harry potter only two versions, the two disc and the one disc. No matter who u go 2 it’s the same. I am reallllllly getting stick of this w/ different special features from different retailers. I am going to get an ulcer. :p

19. sweetmisery says:

Hi,

I don’t know if this has been asked already but does anyone know if this Ultimate Fan Edition of New Moon is going to available in the UK?

20. coldoneplease says:

Feel some pain for those of us who live in Australia and dont even HAVE Walmart to chose from. Its impossible to find information on what OUR DVD releases will have. Very frustrating

21. yes Talia I agree SHAME on them for trying to confuse us with all the different versions and squeeze more money out of us…i’m sure some people will just buy more than one version!! havent us fans done enough for them??? anyways… so does any one know does the borders one have anything that the walmart one doesnt?

22. Z.J. Cullen says:

Ugh!!! I’m sooooo confused! I was planning on getting Target’s edition because I got Target’s Twilight Deluxe edition, plus it had the best cover. And then, Wal-Mart randomly announces that they will be having this ‘Ultimate Fan Edition’ and they said that there would be an Eclipse preview. Now, I really want to buy both! Only one problem: my parents would never allow it…

I’ll just try to work on my parents until they say yes to both editions…Does anybody know why exactly they can’t have just one DVD with an awesome cover and have ALL of these special features on it??

23. The real problem for me is that I refuse to shop at Walmart because of their horrendous business practices. I think I will have to get mine at Target and watch the Eclipse stuff on youtube. I wouldn’t watch it more than once anyway.

24. aysha franklin says:

hey,
    i live in australia and just ordered this version off ebay! should be in my mailbox before the dvds are even released over here! so excited!!!!

25. Ok someone clue me in I haven’t found the deleted or extended scenes on the walmart blu-ray DVD. I appreciate the sneek peak of Eclipse but I wanted the extra scenes for New Moon. I think they have rushed the first two books and need to add ate least 20 minutes to each movie so they will at least come close to doing the books justice.

26. Columbia says:

Bought the walmart ultimate fan edition, got home and there was no eclipse footage on mine…WTF?!?!?

27. man this sucks i got the dvd but its the 2 disk not the fan edition but idc ill jst wat them on youtube well at lest i have the dvd rite

28. I purchased the Fan pack from Wal-mart…. it had deleted scenes… well the scenes just stopped and moved on to another scene… 2 important scenes were left out… took that set back got a second set… the same thing happened again!!! I was So disappointed and upset!! From reading all the posts… Sounds like Wal-mart pruposely have DVD’s with deleted scenes… That is too bad!!!