Robert Pattinson on His Surreal Life

Robert Pattinson sat down with The Guardian to talk about his upcoming work in Little Ashes and to try to clear the air with the media circus that seems to surround him 24/7. As usual Rob is very honest and off-beat, which will probably mean that the next batch of recycled and out-of-context stories to hit the tabloids will be about Rob’s nueroscience career.

“Sometimes he has fun making things up in interviews. Such as? “I do really intellectually highbrow stuff in my downtime. I read first-edition Shakespeare. I write poetry. I’m trying to get my masters in neuroscience. That’s the kind of guy I am.” He pauses, clearly amusing himself: “Man, I don’t even know what a masters is.” And he laughs hysterically as he creates another shape with his hair.”

Read the whole story on the Guardian. TY to Gemma for the heads up.

Comments

1. CarGonza says:

That fool should have his own nighttime talk show. Or at least go on Conan soon. :)

2. I don’t know, I found some parts of the interviewer comments a little bit weird. Trying to pull a psychologist out to analise Rob and what he really meant. Maybe I’m just being picky =P

3. does robert actually regret doing little ashes?

• Melisa says:

No he doesn’t. This article is pure BS. It actually contradicts stuff that was said in past interviews including those from the director. For starters, the director said Little Ashes was a big budget film in Spain. Second of all, it was Rob doing Little Ashes that made him want to actually have a career as an actor, not being cast as Edward, as the “author” wrote. And where Rob says he doesn’t have Daniel Radcliffe’s number, that was said in interview from last year.

• ahhh thank you. i was reading that and was quite confused, i couldn’t remember reading anything prior that had said something about him regretting it.

4. Amanda says:

They are referring to what Rob said in his GQ interview. He said Little Ashes wouldn’t have gotten seen probably if it wasn’t for Twilight. That’s probably true. All his movies, How to Be, Little Ashes, and others will be more popular now.

5. Okay. I feel sorry for Rob.

I know he should know how to handle all this Hollywood BS, but at the rate of popularity he is dealing with and having to have EVERY word coming out of your mouth twisted is kind of unbearable for anyone. I can see why he is so stressed.

I just wish Hollywood would give him a breather.
    We still love Rob but I’m able to stay off the man’s back for his own health benefits.

6. Yasuko says:

This is a really good article. I guess it doesn’t have that admiring edge that most twilight/pattinson articles have but that’s nice for a change. Something new! I really love when he says about his hotel room “I don’t even pull the duvet down now because I don’t want to see what’s underneath” and then “I was Clive Handjob in Paris. Everyone in the hotel called me ‘Monsieur Handjob’. That was good, cheap fun.” … so much sillyness, great ;)!
    Here’s another well-written, actually interesting article from the Independent: http://tinyurl.com/dagtuh
    Plus: It must be sooo frustrating to be under such close scrutiny all the time! Scary! ESpecially if you’Re kind of self-conscious… People interpreting/analyzing every word you say and everything you do. He’ll need therapy soon!

7. i agree, even if he did little ashes to pay the rent, my god, he is entitled to an opinion (oh wait, no he isn’t- right hollywood?) i’m sure many newer actors do things they regret, purely to do the craft they love and on a financially not, to survive. reading between the lines, it was simply a low budget, not completely well made film that he wishes had stayed in obscurity. so what. there are parts of everyones life they wish they could tweek, actor or not. i know there sre for me i am glad are buried. but he’s rob p. and instead of buried they dig for everything, its the price you pay when acting or celebrity is your vocation.

8. Pleas tell Rob I love ART!!!! We are all Choking on dust sometime in our lives!!! He did it so well., Bravo to that young man!!!!!

9. Minaminx says:

THAT IS SO FUNNY!!!

10. Krystal says:

Awww he is soooo adorable and hilarious. I love the fact that he isn’t so serious, he still has his sense of humor still very much intact. I feel bad for him when it comes to Hollywood and the public eye. I wouldn’t be able to handle my whole life scrutinized. I give him props for being able to handle it so well, so far.

11. Ahhh…really, now, Rob. Tsk, tsk. I’m disappointed. :(

12. WHAT ARE YOU DIAPPOINTED ABOUT? CAN’T HE EVEN BE HIMSELF SOMETIMES WITHOUT JUDGEMENT- I THINK LEFT UNFETTERED BY SUMMIT HE WOULD BE HILARIOUS, IT SHINES THRU OCCASIONALLY. YOU HAVE TO HAVE A SENSE OF HUMOR OR GO CRAZY. LOOK, HE’S STUCK IN A HOTEL ROOM WITHOUT WINDOWS- UGH. CAN’T IMAGINE THAT. CAN’T EVEN LOOK OUT OVER THE CITY AT NIGHT-HOW LONELY. BUT SERIOUSLY ROB, LET THEM CLEAN THE ROOM.
    YOU’LL FEEL A LITTLE BETTER WITH CLEAN SHEETS-LOL

• Minaminx says:

You realise that if he let them clean the room he’d find “Bubble gum wrapper belonging to ROB PATTISON” on ebay.

13. I’m sure that he has windows in his hotel room.

14. Emily W says:

Hehe I loved the idea of him being like ‘hm, Ishould learn something… I know! Neuroscience!”. His head would explode. I’ve taken so many neuro courses I’m surprised mine hasn’t.

Theres another new article where he says something about hoping that if he keeps contradicting himself in interviews that people will just stop printing them.

15. sillygirl says:

Can you imagine being trained on what to say? How irritating! I don’t blame him for getting frustrated, and he’s right, little ashes would have been an unknown if it wasn’t for his role in Twilight. I’m glad he speaks up once in a while, it will weed out the real fans from the fake ones.