Breaking Dawn Still #1 At Box Office

For those of you who are interested in the numbers, Breaking Dawn Part 1 took in another $5.5 million this last weekend and managed to stay on top at the movies over The Muppets and Hugo.  EW.Com is reporting that even though this was a significant drop from the previous weekend sales, it’s still a considerable amount when faced with the fact that this was one of the slowest weekends at the box office.  This puts the totals for Breaking Dawn Part 1 at over $247 million in the US according to BoxOfficeMojo.

We want to know from you – how many times have you seen Breaking Dawn and will you go again?

Comments

1. Amanda Adams says:

Four and yes. I love it on the big screen. I try to go to discounted showings as not to break my pocket book.

2. I am aiming for 10 times at least. Still 3 more to go!

3. I have seen BD1 20 times now. I just ended my concecutive day streak Saturday at 15 and saw it 5 times on the opening day. I will be going again and again while it’s in theaters. Obviously, I’m anxiously awaiting the DVD release.

4. I’ve seen it 3 & most likely will not be going again.

5. Just once, as I have a husband who is willing to go see the movies with me once and I don’t really have any girlfriends who are into Twilight.

6. I’ve only seen it 5 times, but I still want to go many more times and will go as much as I’m able to.

7. Elizabeth (EverythingRemindsMeOfTwilight) says:

I have seen it 4 times, and I’m really hoping to get see it again once my husband is on Christmas break and watch the kiddos. But, that means I have to wait a couple more weeks.

8. seen it 3 times.. may go again twice this week!!!!

9. Twice, and may go again on Wednesday. Its only financial or I would have went over and over! But, its Christmas time and every dime counts, but I will see it at least once more:)

10. Ah! I have seen Breaking Dawn 4 times so far, and I am not ashamed. I will see it more, until I run out of friends who will see if with me.

11. 2 and I plan to see it a couple more while it is in theaters. It’s the best on the big screen.

12. I’ve seen it 4 times and I definitely plan on seeing it again….and again….and again…. :) Why is part 2 soooooo far awayyyyyy?!!! :(

13. 5 times and would love to go again. I can’t wait for the DVD to come out! =)

14. I’ve seen it twice. would like to see it for a 3rd time. hopefully soon, love to watch it on the big screen.

15. I’ve seen it 4 times but people keep asking me to go see it – not that I mind. I already have plans with a friend this week, at some point with my mom, and a friend i saw it with already wants to go again. My previous high total was 6 (twilight 6, new moon 6, and eclipse i’m pretty sure was 5) but it looks like i might be going more this time.

And I don’t know about everyone else, but I think there are more individual moments that I love in this one than any other. Definitely my favorite so far.

• I agree completely. The other movies I rewatched because I’m a fangirl, but this one is actually pleasurable to watch. I absolutely love it!

16. Seven times in theatres, six times on moviehi.com

17. I’ve seen it twice and my birthday is this month so I plan to go see it again as a present to myself.

18. CullenCoven says:

4, and if I can scrounge up enough money, a million more :)

19. I’ve seen it twice so far, opening night & then the weekend after. I’d love to go at least another time or two but time/finances are the biggest obstacles. I just love BD1 and can’t wait until BD2 is released!

20. Lynne Stringer says:

I’ve seen it twice and will not have the time to see it again in the cinema. :-(

21. I hate being 12 i was only able to go the marathon including the midnight show , i was planning on going to the theatres after school on the opening firday and on saturday all day and then just keeping on going and going and going almost everyday but they iddnt left me _ :(

22. Vampire-girl says:

I don’t understand why we have to wait a year for part 2 when it’s already been filmed and only takes about 3months to add all the editing and music and such. All of Harry Potter’s have been released so it’s not like if they released in June HP would be out. Unless there’s some other book adapted into movies that will be out in the summer and they don’t want to release then.

Eclipse was in June after all as HP was out in November. Oh well looking forward to the DVD in a few months. I hope at the end we get a box set.

• We have to wait so long because of the extensive CGI work required for BD2 – in particular, Renesmee’s accelerated growth. They are putting Mackenzie Foy’s face at different ages on the various child actors used with the same GCI guy that did that technique in The Social Network.

23. Chela Madison says:

Seen it twice. Hope to see it once more =).

24. I have seen it 5 times so far, and will go this weekend again. It is worth it to see it on the big screen and I love how Bill Condon tells the story! Its worth it!

25. Well, five times so far…and four of those times my husband went with me…yes, he is my own personal Edward.I hope to see it more but I may have put him at his limit so I will have to recruit others. We saw it with 30 family and friends on opening night-including 7 guys. It was so fun! Love it all!

26. I have seen it 3 times and I might go to see it one more time.

27. I’ve seen it five times and will make the trek to see it again as often as posssible,before the dvd comes out. BD part 1 is great and it’s cool to see so many people wanting to see it over and over again. It’s Bella and Edward’s love story that keeps people coming back for more.

28. I have seen it twice. Hoping for a few more times. There is just something about seeing it on the big screen!

29. I’ve seen it four times and plan on going to see it as many more times and I can while it’s still playing in the theater!

30. Gay Bunnell says:

I HAVE SEEN BREAKING DAWN 17 TIMES, ONCE AT THE PREMIER IN LA AND 16 TIMES IN OUR LOCAL THEATRE. I PLAN TO SEE IT SEVERAL TIMES MORE. EVERY TIME I SEE IT, I FIND SOMETHING NEW, LIKE BELLA’S PUPILS DILATE WHEN SHE “DIES”.
    I SAW NEW MOON 45 TIMES AND ECLIPSE 41 TIMES IN THE THEATRE. I CAME INTO TWILIGHT LATE, IT WAS ALREADY ON DVD – BUT SINCE THEN I HAVE SEEN IT THREE TIMES ON THE BIG SCREEN AND PROBABLY 75-100 TIMES AT HOME ON MY TV. ( I HAD TO GO BUY A 52″ TV WHEN TWILIGHT CAME OUT)!
    I JUST CAN’T GET ENOUGH, AND I ALWAYS SEE AND LEARN MORE.

31. I’ve seen it twice and plan to see it at least one or two more times while it’s still in the theatre. I only became a Twilight fan after Eclipse left the movies when a friend told me that the books and movies were definitely not just for teens. Since then I’ve watched the movies mutlitple times on both DVD and DVR (DVD for widescreen version, DVR for full-screen). I went to the Tuesday showings of each movie leading up to BD.

For those who feel funny going to see the movie by yourself, don’t. I always hated to go by myself, but with Twilight I just don’t care. I’m there to see a movie and it doesn’t bother me any more.

BD pt1 is my favorite movie of all of them, and it is so good to watch on the big screen. That being said, Valentine’s Day can’t come soon enough so I can have my very own copy to watch over and over and over.

32. twilighterobsessed says:

I’ve seen it like 20 or so times too with the same people. I turned everyone I know into twi-crackheads. Seriously. I have a huge family and my obsession converted everyone. They are mainly teen MALES and MARRIED MEN. No one has to force to watch. My dad who even doesn’t particularly like twilight watches it. My uncle aunt and I went to the twiathon and out of all of us HE stayed awake and watched all four movies non stop. Love my family. :)

33. twilighterobsessed says:

I’ve seen it like 20 or so times too with the same people. I turned everyone I know into twi-addicts. Seriously. I have a huge family and my obsession converted everyone. They are mainly teen MALES and MARRIED MEN. No one has to force to watch. My dad who even doesn’t particularly like twilight watches it. My uncle aunt and I went to the twiathon and out of all of us HE stayed awake and watched all four movies non stop. Love my family. :)

34. twilighterobsessed says:

Oops sry. Said it didn’t send the first time

35. MariposaAlice says:

I’ve seen it twice, and I probably won’t see it again. This is not a jab at anyone, but how do you guys have enough time to see it so many times?! I was lucky to fit in the second time! It’d be nice to be able to see it so many times. Oh well. =[

36. Seen it twice lack the money and days off to see it. Love everything about it but the book was so much better.

37. Dawnika Stephenson says:

Wow, I can’t believe how many times some of you have seen It!That’s cool for you, but call me cheap, but I saw BD1 in theaters once,but I am not seeing It more than once, In theaters. I also saw the other movies only once In theaters(,with the exception of the first one, which I didn’t discover my Twilight love until the first one was on DVD). I love Twilight, but don’t see how people can see movies more than once in the theaters. How do they have the time or money. Movie tickets aren’t exactly cheap nowadays. I never see any movie In theaters twice. If I do It’s only at two separate times In theaters, If It has It’s first release and then later rereleases in 3D or years later for movie anniversary’s, I might, but not the same period of theater releases. Besides my parent’s would not want me to waste my money In that way.