Additional Breaking Dawn Footage Shot in The Caribbean

Over the weekend Robert Pattinson and Kristen Stewart shot what is presumably extra Isle Esme footage in St. Thomas. The website Mr. Pattinson has the following write-up and a ton of pictures (one seen above). We’re not sure if they are the source of this quote because it sounds more like it came from a publication than a fansite (so if someone can tell us the original let us know so we can attribute it correctly), but here is the description: “Robert Pattinson and real-life love Kristen Stewart mark the end of the hugely successful Twilight franchise, shooting the sexy last scenes of the sagas final movie, Breaking Dawn, in the Caribbean. Under cover of darkness, the couple spent nearly three hours in the sea in a secluded cove, shooting hotly-anticipated love scenes between their characters, Edward Cullen and Bella Swan…”
Via LittleLauren

Comments

1. How exciting, and how awesome, 3 hours in a tropical ocean! Looks like a green screen of some sort tho’.

• Note the white towel Kristen is wearing in the other photos. This is their wedding night scene. Wow.

I agree that her bikini appears to be chroma-key, “green screen” colored, so that it can be digitally removed if anything shows up in the final shots.

FWIW, the big sheets behind them are to diffuse the lighting.

Wow.

• Mella Cullen says:

You are so right, James! She has the halter down and the white towel around her…and then off of her. Nice call!

• Ah, that’s so true about the green bikini being chroma key! I still wonder why they used that style, (with all the loose strings hanging in front) seems it would have been easier to use just the cups? They’re clearly taped on as it is.
        Also, I’m trying to figure out, would chroma key be easier to remove than the edges of something nude-coloured? I suppose it would. I’ve never done post on film, enlighten me! :)

2. Mary Masen says:

OMG!!! OMG!!! OME!!! OME!!!
    I followed the link to ‘mrpattinson’ where i I found 44 pics of the scene in the sea!!!! they are
    ALL AMAZING!!!! AND there is some
    SHIRTLESS ROB!!!!!!!!!! OMR!!!!!

what i’ve seen from the pics, so far, looks EXACTLY like in the book!!!! WOHOHOOOO!!!!!!!! YEAHHHH!!!!!! YESS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    ***jumping up and down***!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3. AliceKikiCullen says:

YAY!!!! Looks so good! But I wish they would stop saying Rob and Kristen are together. THEY AREN’T!!! Jeez, how many times have they said it and people just ignore them?!!! Idiots! But yeah, anyway! This looks so cool, I’m not going to look at the others, don’t wanna be too spoiled but this looks great!! :D Nov is going to be awesome!!!

• Why do you say that? They have pictures of them kissing just a week ago at the WFE premiere? And he did an interview with USA Today not long ago where he basically did admit they were together? So just wondering where your information is coming from?

4. This still gives me goosebumps! I’m so frickin excited!!

5. So so beautiful, look at that lighting! Ugh! Everything I’m seeing coming out of this film just keeps looking better and better <3

6. Holy Hot Flashes Batman! And I don’t mean the menopause type!

7. They are torturing me with these pictures!! November isn’t coming soon enough

8. Holy crow!!!!!!!!!! I’m so excited I can’t write the comment I was going write, haha. Cannot wait for November!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

9. So awesome! I was confused about the weird green bikini thing at first then I realized, too, that it’s a green screen thing – when she’s going into the water to meet Edward! Kind of annoying the sites that are saying the reshoots are because of a needed color change from white to green for the bikini – lol.

10. Cindy Dupree says:

We can say less than 7 mths and then a whole nother year until the confrontation with volturi

11. Twilight Nymph says:

I can’t even see them the page says error 404 page not found. =( darn.

12. Twilight Nymph says:

Nevermind I found them and they’re amazing. Shirtless Rob, almost makes me forget I have a headache and almost got a concussion today. LOL

• smitten_by_twilight says:

Thx jennifer! I only got the error msg yesterday, but the site you gave connected easily. Spending rest of day in Twi-haze …

13. Wait.. so are these re-shoots or just regular filming??? im getting confused..people keep changing the story..

14. Its like you read my mind! You appear to know a lot about this, like you wrote the
    book in it or something. I think that you can do with a few pics to drive the message home a bit, but other than that, this is fantastic blog.
    A great read. I will definitely be back.

1. [...] Read more: Twilight Lexicon » Additional Breaking Dawn Footage Shot in The … [...]