We are currently at the Official Twilight convention put on by Creation Entertainment. Usually we live tweet the event, but we haven’t been able to get a signal in the ballroom. We took notes and here are the highlights of what Tinsel and Julia spoke about yesterday. Tickets are still available despite a story in the LA Times that incorrectly stated that there weren’t. Booboo Stewart, Bronson Pelltier, Kiowa Gordon, and Jodelle Ferland are on board today and Peter Facinelli swings by on Sunday.
Julia Jones came right from the set and had a bit of a scratchy throat, but she was still really excited for her Q&A
- Julia feels like shooting the Twilight movies has given her great insight into guys. She feels like she has been backstage at a boys club and hanging with the wolfpack has demystified guys for her a bit.
- Cee-Lo and Forget You is her favorite song right now
- Julia didn’t read the books until after she got the role. She just skimmed them before her audition because there wasn’t time. Her friends were big fans and gave her details. Then afterwards she read all the books in a week and was obsessed and now she’s a superfan.
- Her worst day filming ever was what she calls Black Friday which was the campfire scene in Eclipse. It was pouring rain all night long. they shot from 10:00pm to 6:00am. The tarps only covered three people at a time and they dripped. They would get full and then dump tons of water. Alex Meraz got hit twice by a huge waterfall of water. It was really miserable.
- Julia got star struck by Geoffrey Rush when she met him after a broadway play.
- Julia is really gullible and Alex Meraz is always getting her to believe stupid things.
- Julia loves moviemaking but would be a photojournalist if not into acting.
- Julia says if you want to get into acting treat it like any other profession and take classes and study