Please make sure you are reading the rules as they apply to your specific country carefully! Rules and minimum age vary greatly country to country due to different laws. Some countries it’s just the matter of sending in an entry postcard, others you have to make a video. MAKE SURE YOU ARE FOLLOWING THE DIRECTIONS FOR YOUR COUNTRY! We will update this post when we get more information:
USA Sweepstakes http://thetwilightsaga.com/page/usa-rules
- FINE PRINT WARNING! “Enter by regular mail”. This means NO FEDEX, UPS ETC!
- FINE PRINT WARNING! Also note “3 x5” card and request for “HAND PRINTING”!
- FINE PRINT WARNING! You must have ” valid passports” (realize that this event might take place in Canada where they will be filming Breaking Dawn. If you don’t have a passport apply NOW it takes time to process!
- FINE PRINT WARNING! Limit one entry per person, per household (including immediate family members, e.g.,
mother, father, brothers, sisters, sons, daughters and spouse) and/or those living in the
same household, whether or not related), per day, during the Sweepstakes Period.
- Limited to the 50 states and the District of Columbia. the Pacific, Atlantic, and Caribbean territories are excluded.
- Don’t get disqualified for not reading the fine print and doing/having what you will need!
Canada Sweepstakes http://thetwilightsaga.com/page/canada-rules
- FINE PRINT WARNING! Submission rules are similar to the USA, note regular mail, number of entrants per day, size of card, etc. Also note Quebec not eligible(we have no idea why, just reporting the rules. Suspect it has something to do with the French translation.)
United Kingdom Sweepstakes http://www.stepheniemeyer.co.uk/superfan/
- The UK contest is open to residents of the following countries according to the the terms and conditions posted here: Australia, India, Ireland, New Zealand, South Africa, United Kingdom
- FINE PRINT WARNING! This contest involves making a video and posting it on YouTube. WARNING they say the video must be UNLISTED and MUST BE 60 seconds or less. Don’t get disqualified for not following the rules!
Brazil http://www.intrinseca.com.br/crepusculo/home/index.php (Ty to TwiBlog Brasil for helping!) and http://www.intrinseca.com.br/crepusculo/concursocultural/
- This contest involves answering the question”how has Twilight changed my life in 1,000 words or less and voting by fans to narrow the applicants. See the above link for full details.
- NOTE: They state that there will not be translators present “Both the prize winner and their companions must have knowledge of the English language because there is no interpreter at the meeting with the author Stephenie Meyer.”
- The selection process involves answering 50 trivia questions taken from the Saga that are in English and mailing in a coupon that appeared on the Bree Tanner book.
- See exact details at the above link. The fan must speak English as a translator will not be provided.
- TY to Fantasy Events (the organizers of the yearly Italian convention) for assistance.
- The contest involves making a one minute video explaining why you are the best representative who is the French ultimate fan. At least 15 seconds of the video has to be a message in English from you to Stephenie Meyer. The fan must speak English well enough not to need a translator as one will not be present.
- “TY to Twilight France for the assistance.
The contest involves a one page essay detailing the craziest thing you have done involving Twilight, a photo of your room all Twilight decked out, a photo of you. You need to also prove you reside in Mexico and you need the proper documents to travel to the USA or Canada. Although the Mexican contest makes no mention of this, every other contest has clearly stated that there will be no translator present and the winner must at least have a level of conversational English to participate.