EW Sexy Beast 2010 Final Results

It was a very tight race in the final bracket between Vampire Diaries Ian Somerhalder who plays Damon and Robert Pattinson. Here’s what happened according to EW:

“Still, the final Edward-v.-Damon showdown trumped ‘em all. Our polls were open for 72 hours, and midway through the final day of voting, the virile vampires were separated by less than 200 votes. With six hours remaining, and our finalists still locked in a statistical dead-heat, EW.com’s Sexy Beast special-ops team decided to hide our poll results, and began to plan a special issue of Entertainment Weekly commemorating a tournament that had becoming nothing short of an Internet sensation. When the blood, sweat, and broken fangs were wiped away, who was the winner? Let this be the official reveal: Damon Salvatore eked out a mild upset victory over Edward Cullen by a margin of 138,630 to 134,728, a difference of just 3,902 votes.”

See more on EW.

Comments

1. At least it’s a vampire either way.. =o)Damon Salvatore is pretty yummy at least!

2. who won??? i dont get it…

3. silvereyed says:

i am so happyn :D

4. silvereyed says:

i am so happy :D

5. That stinks. I voted for Edward about 20 times. :(

• silvereyed says:

You could only vote once!

• As far a I understand it you were supposed to be able to vote as many times as you want.

• higgin704 says:

Unfortunately, no. When you would attempt to vote again, a small note “Thank you, your vote has already been counted” appeared and the count didn’t change. I even tried to clear the cookies, but that didn’t work. I guess they tracked IP addresses.

• silvereyed says:

You could vote as much as you like but the polls would only enter your first vote. So basically you could only vote once, yeah.

6. It was a lot of fun doing all tht polls.

7. amanda830 says:

Edwards Still 1 # to Me : ]

8. chey cullen says:

nooooooooooooo :( edward sooooo deserves no. 1 :( <3 <3 <3

9. :(

10. Yay!!! Damon prevails! Oh happy day… I’m sorry but Ian is one hot hot man.. Ow!

11. I mean LOOK at Alcide on that front cover. Smokin’ hot. C’mon, people c’mon!

12. Eclisse: I agree with you on that one. it should’ve been Damon and alcide in the final two

13. You guys could of used a better pic of Edward. The one you had up sucked……………No fare…Recount!!

14. I was speaking to EW !

15. #2 is not bad at all…we should be happy that Rob made it to the final round!

16. I can’t see Edward past Alcide’s chest and Wolverine’s arms.

If we are talking sexy “beast,” my mind doesn’t compute Twilight vampires except maybe in fanfiction…or Emmett could potential be beastly.

17. That’s B.S I know lots of people who didn’t vote who would of voted for Edward. It’s a small poll nothing to worry about.

Edward isn’t a beast he’s an angel hehe :)

18. As actors go, I’m glad Damon (Ian! Yeah!) won. But I would have voted for “book Edward” if it were an option. :)

19. Congrats to Damon! Though he didn’t have all the Twilight haters voting against him… The comments on the EW article show clearly how many people resent Twilight’s success. But Edward will always be our sexiest beast!

20. Edward is the best vamp hands down, and this from someone who loves Damon! Edward is the winner in my heart anyway

21. Oh well, Damon’s hot too ^^

22. TEAM DAMON EAT THAT EDWARD

23. I love Ian from LOST. So if Edward Cullen had to lose to someone… I guess that was a good choice. I’ve never seen vampire diaries.

24. I don’t like Alcide and hope he doesn’t come back though I’m sure he will. I want Sookie & Eric. Eric Northman is one hot vamp.

25. Book Edward or Movie Edward doesn’t really matter I love them both and they will remain number 1 in my book however, Ian REALLY I would pick Paul Wesley all day everyday over Ian(smh).

26. I like Ian Somerhalder, but I find it odd that a character from a show that most people don’t even know exists could beat a character from such a popular franchise. It’s depressing that Spike and Angel from “Buffy” didn’t even make it to the finals.

• higgin704 says:

Vampire Diaries is definitely getting to be well known. My students from Spain actively seek out episodes on the computer – despite it not airing on their networks. I was surprised it had become popular overseas.

27. i can’t believe it! I voted for Damon, but still! how could this happen when Edward beat Jacob! I guess a few twilight fans went Damon, and so did all the vamp diaries fans, so i guess it makes sense… but i can’t believe it!

28. dandelion says:

yay ~ Damon Salvatore rules : )))))

29. Jess Jess says:

WOOOOOOH! GOOO DAMON! :))He is one sexy beast!

30. ok i know this has nothing to do with the article but it’s the only place where i can leave a comment so here goes….how come twilight stars were all active in helping haiti but when it comes to a country like pakistan everyone is m.i.a. don’t get me wrong i still love the twilight stars but still doesn’t it make you think……….

31. Twilight Nymph says:

They’re both good looking. So, even though I did vote for Edward, hey I’m glad a Vampire one especially a hot one like Damon(Ian). Number 2 isn’t that bad after all, how many number ones has Edward had? Tons I believe. So, all in all I’m happy.

32. flooffloof says:

Booo :( hehe NOT ok!!! :)

33. YAY Damon!! Love me some Edward, but man, Damon….
    As I look at the magazine cover though, I’m wondering…who is that gorgeous hunk in the pic standing to the far right? Almost made me spill my drink!!

• i dont know his name in real life but he plays a werewolf in trueblood named alcide hervoux. and yeah, he is one sexy beast. but he’s a bit of pussy as the character goes. damon is a badass….who doesnt love the bad boy?????

34. Yes! Sorry Edward but glad Damon won!

35. Go Damon!

36. Woo! I’m glad with the results. I know we are supposed to be biased toward Edward on here. But c’mon, sexy BEAST? more like a dreamy romantic. now damon on the other hand….Rawr!

37. Congrats to Ian Somerhalder who always makes VD so fun to watch! Love how he plays the sexy beast that can only be Damon Salvatore. He also makes Damon even more intersting when he shows Damon’s sensitive “human” side, which comes out either when he’s protecting Stefan and longing for Elena.

38. Huilen 704 i thought u loved edward cullen i’m surprised but oh well it’s ur choice

39. Edward will always be no.1 for me. I know that a lot of people voted for Damon just to see Edward loose-it’s clear when you read the comments section on EW’s website. It’s appaling to know that people hate something just because it’s very successful,even though you don’t know anything abt it. Edward ALL the way!!