We’ve been getting a lot of questions lately about casting for Breaking Dawn. Can fans audition? What company is involved? Should resumes be sent out? Is the info on the IMDB accurate? So, here’s a rundown of the latest:
- Filming will take place in both Louisiana and Vancouver
- Production Weekly confirmed the dates of the filming in Louisiana
- Confirmed dates can change slightly due to weather or other unforeseen circumstances
- We can’t help you get cast. If we had any influence on production Edward would be driving the right car and Alphie and Pel would be playing the Volturi wives while trying not to drool on Michael Sheen.
- Not sure how to break into the business? See Lana Veenker’s blog, there is good advice there and it’s free! Also see her advice on scams! If anyone tells you that you need to pay them money to get into a Breaking Dawn audition they are lying!
- What specific roles will be needed. In other words will some vampires be combined such as the Jessica/Lauren of Anna Kendrick’s character or the Eric/Ben of Justin Chon’s character.
- Will there be an open call for extras. (See past history)
- Will there be an open call for other parts. (See past history)
- Will they have an open call for Renesmee (in our opinion the part would be at least twins just to deal with child labor laws)
- The original movie had vast calls for extras the others did not.
- The only open calls for speaking roles were for Native American/First Nations actors. Every other part, you needed to be in the business, with experience with an agent.
- We will publicize open calls as we have done in the past.
Now onto the IMDB. It’s like wikipedia, anyone can edit it. The day after Kristen Stewart was officially announced as Bella, the IMDB read that Emily Browning was rumored to play the part. A few months ago someone replaced Tinsel Korey’s name as Emily with actress Brenna Lee Roth, and Edi Gathegi popped back up on the Eclipse cast list. In a practical joke that had fans scurrying for the hidden meaning, Andrew of TwiSource decided to list that the tagline of New Moon was “Somewhere Bella’s Stove Is On.” So when you see things up their don’t put too much stock in them. Until a film actually starts filming the info up there isn’t always solid.
Now if you want solid extra casting info here’s something, it’s not Twilight, but it does potentially involve seeing Taylor Lautner. Check out this info if you are in the Pittsburgh area.
EDITED: Amanda Bell (The Twilight Examiner) just verified that Xavier Samuel is not in Breaking Dawn though the IMDB seems to think so. We just verified that the name Renesmee is unchanged in Breaking Dawn. There was rumor today that her name was changed.