Jack Huston To Play Royce King in Eclipse

According to The Hollywood Reporter, Jack Huston will be portraying Royce King II.  To jog your memories, Royce is Rosalie’s fiance back when she was human.

Congrats, Jack, on playing what is probably the only character that every Twilight fan hates! Don’t take it personally, it just comes with the territory on who he is. :)

Comments

1. Oooo…I like this casting. He looks like he could pull off the smarmy, elitist, jerk role quite well!

2. I almost thought that was Taylor Kitsch (Gambit in Wolverine: Origins) because then at least he would have played a character I LOVE as well as a character I loath.

But I wish him the best, I hope he don’t have to take the brunt for what his character does. :) It takes guts to do a horrible character like that.

• I do doubt he’s going to take the brunt of Twilight fan hatred just because of his character. Cam played James, which surprisingly not many people like, and he was still loved amongst the fans.

3. He looks like he could pull off a greaseball. Awesome!!!

4. Well, I suppose it is a good casting. He gives me the creeps, so I suppose playing a complete scoundrel isn’t far off.

5. Good choice….handsome and devilish at the same time! Shady-very shady- sorry Royce!

6. Yay! That means they aren’t going tcut out Rosalie’s flashback/back story! Hopefully that means they are putting in Jaspers as well!

• In one of the MTV interviews at Teen Choice, Jackson Rathbone mentioned how he’s learning to ride a horse better….I assume that’s for his backstory as a Confederate officer. Hmmmm….Jackson in uniform…….

• I heard that too, but I had a blonde moment and didn’t understand what he meant. I was like Horses? vampires don’t ride horses. Now I get it, Jack looks just like a great Royce. I am so happy though that the Cullens are getting bigger parts.

• i read that they are casting maria so im sure that they are going to put in Jaspers story. which makes me happy because i wanted to see it in the movie. =] n im super happy that they are including Rosalies story aswell. i was hoping they wuldnt cut it out. but aparently there not. yeay. n i think that that guy could probably pull of playing Royce, he has the look of a complete and totaly jerk. i must say i abhor Royce n he has guts to take the role of such a hated character.

• kehacakes says:

Jackson said he was on horseback in some of his shots, so I guess they are! YAY!

• Lol….I love how this has turned into a Jackson discussion! Seriously, they would have to tell Rosalie’s story to set the basis for Bella calling her for help in BD. Can’t wait to see Nikki kicking this guys a**!

7. maybe they cast him a little too well. i dont like this guy. lol

8. Lomesir22 says:

Yeah, he looks like he could play Royce. I bet he’s really nice, though.

• twihard 4eva says:

ya, im sure hes a good guy and all, im trying not to be biased by his role, but after this movie comes out next year, i am going to have an invouluntary hatred towards this guy and all of his next movies. its like vanessa anne hudgens. i did not like high school musical, so officially, she screws up every movie she’s in, like bandslam. i am not going to see the movie for the trailer. its not worth the torture for 30 seconds of joy. i will catch it on youtube l8er.

9. he looks sinister…i like it. :)

10. Yay! That means they aren’t going to cut out Rosalie’s flashback/back story! and Jackson said in and interview at TCA that he get horse back riding lessons so hopefully !!

11. He’s pretty cute for a bad guy……:)
    congrats!!

12. Miss Miriam says:

I love getting backstories…especially those two. They’re so important in Eclipse and understanding the characters.

And yes this guy looks like the perfect Royce…I just hope he doesn’t mind being tortured…ha ha Nikki Reed in a Wedding dress!!!!! Can’t wait to see that.

13. Yup…looks exactly like a Royce to me!

OMG! Now I can’t wait to watch New Moon AND Eclipse…Bloody Awesome!!

14. EH. I don’t like the casting … he looks TOO scummy. The character could be more effective if he looked very clean cut, respectable, etc when in actuality he did this disgusting thing.

15. i always imagined royce to be just like him… nice casting. (: hes handsome but has that bad boy look to him.

16. misslelie says:

Good job! Omg, hes hawt!! LOL!

17. Amy Darlene says:

I think he can pull off looking dapper. This character is sooo human it’s not funny.

18. i think he can pull it off =DD awesome pick

19. i think hes an amazing pick!!!! he’ll totally be able to pull of that jerk!! (no offense :) )

20. He looks like a rapist! That’s perfect!! lol

21. Good choice!

22. Faktririjekt says:

One can only wonder what scenes they will cut to make room for this flashback, and why it is necessary if Rosalie’s dislike of Bella hasn’t been made very obvious in the movies.

• I think they’re including that scene to emphasize the choice Bella has to make between remaining human or becoming immortal.

• mschicklet says:

You’re probably right. Although I agree with other comments that they should have included other backstories (Alice and Esme) in Twilight. They just left them out completely. It seems weird to only do some of the Cullen backstories, but not others.

23. at first when I saw this I thought royce king was the guy in BD who gives bella the fake passports, then I thought wtf? they’re making bd now? then I realised it was the guy that rosalie was with XD how blonde, considering I have read the saga 7 times.

• twihard 4eva says:

dont worry, i have read the saga 10 times and i had the same problem. we are all slow sometimes, so dont cry, twilight is supposed to bring joy!!! =) btw, does anyone kno if j. jenks and omar jenks (killed by victoria in eclipse, mentioned in the paper one article) are related? or does stephanie like to recycle names? i noticed a lot of connections like that.

24. He looks perfect for the role. Too bad he’s playing such a creep, he’s cute. I can’t wait to see Rosalie’s and Jasper’s back stories in “Eclipse”!

• twihard 4eva says:

i always imagined royce as the ‘prince charming’ from shrek. so pretty it is disgusting. it makes them not pretty anymore. i at least imagined him blonde. maybe they will make him blonde like half of the people in twilight. lol.

25. Great choice!! I like him, he is cute just like I imagined him.. good add!!

26. Sweetdevil says:

I think he looks good and he can probably do the part , but isn’t Royce suppossed to have light blond hair and blue eyes ?

27. i forgot about him

28. took me a second. i was like…who the heck is royce king???
    now i remember.

29. So if they are putting in Rosalie’s back story, they will include Emmett’s because it’s tied to hers. I think they will have to include Esme’s back story somewhere, because it will explain why she is on Bella’s side in Breaking Dawn. So that means that the only back story not being included is Alice’s, because Catherine left it out of Twilight. (Ashley confirmed that they weren’t able to work it into New Moon.)

I wish the directors would understand the way these books have been written. If you change or remove certain scenes it can affect the storyline for future movies. ie when Catherine made Bella eat at a diner every night and made her vegetarian we lost scenes like Charlie going fishing during the battle in Eclipse. If he can’t cook and Bella doesn’t eat meat, why would he need to stock up on fish? You also lose the scene in New Moon where Charlie tells Alice how Jacob and Bella are suited because they both look after their parents. Charlie’s dependency on Bella wasn’t properly demonstrated in Twilight, so a statement like that would sound like he was being overly dramatic.

• yeah and how will bella be a vegitarian vampire if she doesn’t eat meat?

• kehacakes says:

I was wondering, does it ever actually say she’s a vegetarian in the movie, or is that just what we’re supposed to think because she’s eating a garden burger? I eat garden burgers now and then, but I’m not a vegetarian. Just wondering if that was ever really said. I don’t think it would matter if Bella started cooking now, because she does tell Charlie in Twilight that she can cook. Maybe they’ll start eating at home more. It really bothered me that CH and MR changed that part of Bella because it is so important to other scenes to come,,,but I feel it isn’t too set in stone to change it back.

• Right, I don’t remember reading in Twilight that she was a vegetarian. She cooked steak and chicken for Charlie. AND in Breaking Dawn, remember she ate fried chicken when she was getting “sick!”

• You’re right, it wasn’t “said” in Twilight. Catherine said it in an interview. She said that she had made Bella a vegetarian because Catherine is a vegetarian. She asked how many other vegetarians were in the audience, and when she didn’t get a response she started going on about the footprint we are leaving blah, blah, blah ….

• I don’t think Melissa had anything to do with making bella a vegitarian. I bet it was just some stupid change Catharine thought would be cool. It was never said in the movie, but Catharine has said it in the twilight commentery, and in a few other places.

• I didn’t think Bella was a vegetarian in the movie either, but according to Catherine that was what she was implying with the reference to the garden burger. She said that she was making a connection to the Cullens because they were also “vegetarians”. I think she meant it to be more obvious than it was.

30. Oh good, human stories :D

31. He’s perfect, he looks like an egotistical jerk!!LOL
    WOW so they’re including Rosalie’s back story. I hope they can fit in all the Jacob/Edward stuff. I also want to see the graduation party when Jacob gives Bella her bracelet… I hope they include that, it was so sweet!!!

32. I just realized something. Twilight has hired 1 blonde actor, Dakota Fanning (And Kellan, but he dies it brown for the movie). Thats it, the rest are just died to look blonde. Oh and james, but whatever.

What is with Twilights anti blonde agenda? I just don’t get it, there are 3 blondes in the cullen family, but they hired brunette actors, I mean nikki reed is like Rosalie’s opposite. What was so wrong with finding people who fit the part rather than having them dye to match.
    Royce was blonde with a lighter appearance, so they hire this guy?

Why not find someone actually light and blonde. I just don’t get it, its not like there is some blonde shortage in Hollywood.

Don’t get me wrong, I love the cast (especially the fake blondes) and this guy looks really good for Royce. But I am getting fed up with them not hiring actors for twilight that mostly fit the part before make up.

Sorry for the rant.

• I would much rather them hire an actor who can accurately portray the character than one based on looks (which can be easily changed).

33. cristy_702 says:

Oh wow! I toataly almost imagined him like that! Hope he does a good job! ;D

34. I’m excited that Jasper & Rosalie get their shining moments. What does bother me, however, is that Alice didn’t get her story told in Twilight. They completely left out the whole James connection. Is there any way for Chris Weitzor David Slade tmake up for Catherine mistak?

• Nope. Ashley said that they couldn’t work her story in. She actually looked like she was about to cry when she was talking about it.

• For those of us willing to devour New Moon in any form available, THE NEW MOON TRAILER is on You Tube in French (with subtitles). Just type in New Moon Trailer French.

• kehacakes says:

OMG! Thank you so much for sharing! That is awesome! I am so pleased at the content…I wish I could see it closer though and in English, but it was hot! I would comment more, but don’t want to spoil it for anyone! GO SEE IT!

I may be officially Team Jacob now.

35. i wonder how they will shoot this scene…

36. Hmmm…he looks like a Royce. Poor Rosalie. Good casting, though. I’m excited..

37. I don’t know who he is but that photo looks smarmy!

38. Sterling Snow says:

Can’t wait to see Nikki beat him up :) lol good casting though

39. ILoveAliceCullen says:

It’s so NOT the Royce in my head.

He’s too old. I think. I don’t like him as Royce, but we’ll see.

This is just a picture of the actor, probably he will get a totally make-over. :P

40. YAY there’ll be rosalie’s flashback! IM EXCITED. I CANT WAIT!! aaarhh XD