Bryce Dallas Howard Replaces Rachelle LeFevere

This just in from Summit:

THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS
BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria

Los Angeles – July 28, 2009 – Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

In THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life.

Comments

1. RobPattinsonDazzles says:

i’m gonna miss rachelle so much but i do like bryce :)) hope she’ll do well as victoria coz her character is very crucial in eclipse.

2. cheering4twi says:

so sad to see Rachelle go, she will be missed. But a big thank you to her for her work in Twilight and New Moon.What a bummer that two great opportunities for her could clash!Thanks for the extra article Stacy.

All the best to this new girl coming in, I havent seen any of her work, but its not easy stepping into someone’s well loved shoes…

3. higgin704 says:

What the????????

4. What kind of bs is that?! I’m stuck on WTF right now!!

5. This is so bad much as I like BDH i LOVE Rachelle as Victoria – something sounds off with this there has to be more behind this. I really cannot see anyone else playing this role.

6. MOST HORRIBLE NEWS EVER!
    It’s more than obvious that they fired her-scheduling conflicts my a$$.
    Everyone knew that they will be filming around late summer since they were still filming NM.
    And they chose to fire her after the CC,using her and ditching her!
    I have more than one reasons to HATE YOU SUMMIT!!!

7. NOOOOOO!!! This is not right!!! Rachelle is Victoria! No one else can play that part!

8. Is this some sort of terrible belated April Fool’s joke?! In all of Rachelle’s interviews, she was so excited & passionate about the Twilight series. She talks about looking forward to the fight scenes. Scheduling conflicts?! I can’t believe this is true. Wouldn’t all the casts of Eclipse know the production date beforehand? How is it Rob can film “Remember Me” and Kristen “The Runaways”???Like everyone… I’m very saddened by this news. SUCKS!!!

9. What??? Why would they do that? Why wouldn’t she say something at Comic Con? So they found another redhead, she could play Tanya but keep Rachelle as Victoria! Why isn’t this news on the Summit website under NEWS????

10. HEARTBROKEN!!

I can not believe this!
    I thought Rachelle was so dedicated!
    This wasn’t even consulted with the fans, like when they were thinking of replacing Taylor for Jacob!
    This must be a prank! Has to be! a cruel one! :( :(

There will be an uproar!

We Love Rachelle!!!!!

11. It’s bad that they’re replacing her now…i mean its the last movie Victoria will be in…That’s so sad!

12. Amy Darlene says:

Bryce my mum and I love ya….but continuity is VERY VERY VERY VERY important to Twilight fans.

13. nicole27 chgo says:

that sucks. i love her but rachelle is victoria. get her back. she needs to complete her role. i am highly disappointed!

14. FreakinLoon says:

WOW. This came out of no where. I really can’t believe this. How could she get scheduling conflicts? THey didn’t know this was coming? They had to know how the schedule would be over the next couple of years.

15. Laura :D says:

omg what!?!?! eclipse is the big victoria movie!!! i really liked rachelle and she just made the role for me-i can’t picture anyone else. Bryce better bring it!! ;(

16. Wooooow!! I think the only word fit for this news is SHOCKING!!!!! I do wish rachelle the best though.. And well I guess let’s see how things go..?!

17. i smell bs as well! I mean wtf is going on here summit? They shouldnt be allowed to just dump a cast member just like that. I hate how sick hollywood is and the way they treat actors as just money making novelties and throwaways. Im sad at this news if its really true.so sad and pissed:-(

18. CalamariRiot says:

Chill people. I’m pretty sure that just one of those things that can’t be helped because of scheduling or something because, I don’t know, the article says Rachelle can’t do it because of scheduling conflicts! Come on, don’t freak out! READ WHAT THE ARTICLE SAYS! Yeah it sucks because we all love Rachelle playing Victoria, but this isn’t anybodies fault. I’m pretty sure if it could be helped, Summit would gladly keep Rachelle and Rachelle would gladly stay. Stop pointing fingers!

19. Shedburn says:

Rachelle would cancel that new movie for Eclipse! NOT VICE VERSA! Come on Eclipse is like Victoria’s book-she knows that! Summit is behind this!! Summit better stop messing around with the fans-they have no idea how the fans can actually hurt them!

20. It actually is on the Summit website.

21. omfg…im speechless..this is so wrong..so so so wrong..she just had 1 movie left ):

22. I’m still in shock. I haven’t gotten over this yet. I’m trying to locate my jaw, I dropped it somewhere on the ground. How can this be?!?!? Eclipse is the last installment with bad arse Victoria. Rachelle’s Comic-Con interview did not indicate any inkling of a scheduling conflict. Who is to blame… Summit or director – David Slade? This is totally ridonkulous!!!!! There will be an uproar from the fans. She’s just so kewl as an actor… bonus is she loves the fan. UGH!

23. NNNOOO!!!, Rachelle LeFevere was perfect… This seriously sucks!

24. I have major mixed feelings about this. One I’m horribly upset that Rachelle would choose to sign on to another project… she knew the shooting schedule for Eclipse, they all have known for a long time now. Heck WE know. So she did it knowing she couldn’t do Eclipse, which was STUPID because Eclipse is Victoria’s movie.

I am sad she won’t be back because of all the ‘bad’ vampires I thought she turned out the best and was so excited about the role and did such a great job with it… So it is sad she won’t be back.

However, I love Bryce Dallas Howard. She’s an incredible actress… So I can’t be sad to see her in anything…

25. Victoria’s character is just so crucial in the third film, with everything that had been built up over the past two, you needed that developement in order for Eclipse to really work. With a casting change THIS LATE, it won’t be the same character. Just some red head who decided to step in. In short; i’m NOT happy.

26. browneyedgirl says:

I really like Rachel though :-(. What happened?

27. melissa foust says:

I’m actually excited! I like Rachelle but, I thought she should have been more “cat like” and with “fire” red hair? I think Bryce will do a great job and she has been in some awesome movies. I Love Lady in the Water :-)

28. WTF?! No!! Rachelle HAS to stay!
    This can’t be happening!

I mean, I have nothing against Bryce, but the cast isn’t familiar with her and Rachelle was perfect! It’s just like when we thought we might lose Taylor as Jacob.
    Except it’s for real now :'(
    Why can’t she just let go of her other commitments and stay with the saga??
    Eclipse is HUGE for Victoria! Not fair at all!

29. Danielle says:

When I found out I was completely shocked! Rachelle is Victoria and no one can replace her. I understand that she has other commitments but Eclispe is the last one that Victoria is in and I wish she would change her mind and comeback for it!

So sad about this news. :(

30. Boo

31. BloodSuckingLeech says:

WHAT????

32. I like Rachelle and I wish her the best. Yeah, I’m sad to see her go, but that’s how the movie business is. They say her new movie starts shooting on Aug. 17th. SO IT IS A SCHEDULING CONFLICT. I have to say it’s really annoying the way some of you keep blaming Summit for everything. Did it ever occur to you guys that maybe the her other movie bumped their shooting time up, so she had to leave Eclipse? Besides, two movies are not going to re-arrange their schedule for one actress.

33. That’s a shame, but I think it’ll work out.

34. schorette says:

i’m.extremely.afraid.

this is NOT good. Rachelle is the ONLY Victoria.

35. What show does she have that’s bigger than Eclipse? This is so weird! Poor girl replacing her is just going to have the part of dying! lol Sad

36. Cast changes are my biggest pet peeve. But you know what, I feel like they’ve already screwed around with these movies so much that they might as well do any insane thing they want to at this point. I’ll go see them not because I have any hope for them, but because I’m curious to see if they can salvage anything good from the books.
    Nothing against Bryce, it’s just the principle of the thing. This is Rachelle’s biggest role in the story as Victoria.. I don’t get why another project would be more important than her finishing what she started. Must be a crazy good film she’s working on.

37. I can’t believe this. Makes me wonder what opportunity came Rachelle’s way that was more important than finishing the Twilight Saga journey that she began.

38. I am very upset and confused. Rachelle is one of my favorites of the cast and has always talked about how hard she worked just to get cast as Victoria and it seems funny that now for the movie where she has a bigger part, she is leaving. I mentioned this to my husband and he made the point that it is probably money. Everyone else can renegotiate for the 4th film except her because they signed for 3 films. but I am not sure. she doesn’t seem like the type of person who ould give up a role she was dedicated to just for money (or scheduling)

• I don’t believe for 1 sec that Rachelle left voluntarily! She was as vested in the role of Victoria, as we the fans were in the series. Eclipse is Victoria. I don’t believe she’d walk away from that. I can’t help but smell some BIG fat, ratty fish!!! Could it really be about $$$, but Victoria isn’t in B4?

• I agree. theres definately something not right here. Rachelle was SO excited when talking about eclipse- only a few days ago at comic con!!! its damn obvious SHE didnt know this was going to happen. and come on- WHAT actor would give up a blockbuster film for a tiny little indie movie??? I seriously doubt she had a choice in this- this has SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT WRITTEN ALL OVER IT!!!

She was one of my 3 favourite actors. I am going to miss her so much…

39. That really sucks..now..the saga won’t be the same…couldn’t they wait to atleast film her part..ugh..its very frustrating..i’d rather wait and get all characters in the movie…

40. This is crazy, I was re-reading Eclipse today and thinking damn Rachelle is going to OWN this movie…I’m sorta like really bummed now.

41. cheering4twi says:

i must say though, I would like to hear it from Rachelle? has she said anything on twitter?

• Makes me wonder if Rachelle is contractually permitted to Twitter about this?! Summit will no allow for it. They didn’t even have it posted on their official site before TL broke the news.

42. Amy Darlene says:

Bryce we’re not knocking you….but we have a lot of emotional attachment to this character…she’s the character we love to hate and even love more when she gets her head bitten off by Edward and Seth.

we simply love Rachelle

• I can’t believe how unbelievably upset I am. It is a great attachment to the Twilight family & universe. Does Stephenie know about this change? Does she approve? I just can’t accept Rachelle would walk away from Eclipse… not at this juncture. The 3rd movie is hers to own – I even imagined her owning it. So upsetting!

43. waaaaaaaaaattttt???????

44. Beka Cullen says:

Wow! What a shock. Rachelle just seemed like such a part of the Twilight “family” you know?
    I’m sure the new girl will be great, but I’m still really sad to see Rachelle go.

45. ????

46. cristy_702 says:

WHAAATTT!!! NOOOOO WHYY??

47. I just can´t believe Summit has fired her!
    because that´s what happened, don´t give me this crap about “scheduling conflicts”
    it´s so unfair, she is so inteligent and seems to care a lot about the saga, I loved her interviews.

• Right? In all of her interviews she was so eloquent, funny & energized on Twilight. (this is the 1st – very unlike me… I can’t believe how upset I am. I don’t blog)

48. From the Hollywood Reporter – “The studio attributed the move to scheduling conflicts. The actress was recently cast in the indie drama “Barney’s Version” opposite Dustin Hoffman, which also has an Aug. 17 start date, only several thousand kilometers east, in Quebec.”

She signed on to a movie with the same shooting schedule as Eclipse. Why would she do that? If an actor does that they get it in writing it won’t conflict with the other movie. Poor choice by Rachelle. I’m very disappointed

• well obviously summit didnt think it was important to commit her to eclipse!! if she hadnt had her schedule open to commit to another film she wouldnt of. this has to be summits fault, they made a point of signing everyone else up for the 3 movies, why not her?

49. I think B.D.H. would be a better Victoria, no offense to those who liked the other one!

50. cristy_702 says:

I hope she’ll do good :((