Bryce Dallas Howard Replaces Rachelle LeFevere

This just in from Summit:

THE TWILIGHT SAGA ADDS ACTRESS
BRYCE DALLAS HOWARD TO FILM FRANCHISE

Actress Rachelle Lefevre Will Be Replaced By Howard In The Role Of Victoria

Los Angeles – July 28, 2009 – Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, the third film in the studio’s TWILIGHT film franchise based on Stephenie Meyer’s blockbuster book series, will be directed by David Slade from a screenplay written by Melissa Rosenberg. The film will be released theatrically in North America on Wednesday, June 30, 2010.

“We are incredibly happy that Bryce has agreed to come into the franchise,” said Erik Feig, Summit’s President of Worldwide Production and Acquisitions. “Rachelle brought “Victoria” to great screen life and Bryce will bring a new dimension to the character. The franchise is lucky to have such a talented actress as Bryce coming in to fill the role.”

Howard most recently starred in TERMINATOR SALVATION as Kate Connor and has been seen in SPIDER-MAN 3, LADY IN THE WATER, and THE VILLAGE. She was nominated for a Golden Globe for her leading performance as an actress in the HBO film AS YOU LIKE IT.

In THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE, Bella once again finds herself surrounded by danger as Seattle is ravaged by a string of mysterious killings and a malicious vampire continues her quest for revenge. In the midst of it all, she is forced to choose between her love for Edward and her friendship with Jacob — knowing that her decision has the potential to ignite the ageless struggle between vampire and werewolf. With her graduation quickly approaching, Bella is confronted with the most important decision of her life.

Comments

1. Thats a big shocker! I thought Rachelle would be in all the movies. I hope Bryce puts as much dedication into the role of Victoria as Rachelle did.

• I think Bryce will be as dedicated to this role as she has been in all her films. I’ve never seen a bad moment from her. She’s a SUPERB actor and the Twilight franchise is lucky to have her. I’m thrilled!

I find it suspicious that a “scheduling conflict” would prevent Rachelle from finishing out what will probably be her biggest role ever. I can’t imagine she would think any role she has committed to would be more important for her career than this one (especially with her prominence in Eclipse as the main villain). I wonder if Summit canned her and they’re letting this white lie circulate to let her save face.

• Caroline says:

Okay, there is no way she got replaced over something as stupid as schedules. Rachelle was so dedicated to the role and i cant imagine her just deciding to do something else. Especially since Eclipse is so HUGE for Victoria. O my god, she was and will always be Victoria. I dont understand. I mean BDH is good, but I dont think she can replace Rachelle’s Incredible Fierceness. This Sucks. I hate character changes.

2. OK. I love B.D.H, really. But she is just NOT Victoria.

3. wow, it wont b the same

4. My jaw just hit the floor, this is sooooo wrong! Rachelle is Victoria, no one should be able to replace her. Its the last one that she is in. I can’t believe this!

• OMG!!!!!i just can’t bealive they(scummit) are doing this wtf?? she was the only victoria in the first place this new girl i have never herd of looks like a some kind of a cat (i have nothing agains her she’s just ugly) and really dosn’t fit for playing victoria i was sooo looking for to see her big role in Eclipse!!!
      we all need to start a petition just like we did with Taylor Lautner!!! where can i find one to sign in ??? what do you say if we vote with our feet it we’ll work?? Rachelle is perfect for the role and all of you who say that we need to give that new one a chance to see how it turns out then it will be too late to do something about it!! don’t let scummit ruing the saga for us!!!
      are you with me??

• here is the petition started on twitter, everyone can sign to get rachele back as victoria

• Yisel_Cullen says:

This can’t be happening….something is very wrong….I’m just not buying the “scheduling conflicts” excuse. Rachelle is one of the most committed, enthusiastic, lovely, adorable, sweet with the fans cast members. In the most recent interviews I’ve seen she seemed so exited about playing Victoria in Eclipse which is by the way the biggest movie of the character….WE WANT THE TRUTH SUMMIT…YOU ARE LYING TO US. Rachelle is the perfect Victoria…nothing against the other actress…but I particularly LOVE the way Rachelle portraits her. Summit has found yet another way to mess up with Eclipse!
          Twitter folks…tweet #RachelleisVictoria as much as you can…lets make our voices heard!

• fan who pay for ticket!! says:

yeah completely with u!! BDH is too sweet(have watch all her movie)to play fierce woman.. rachelle is the best for that part!! i want her back!!! i want her back!!! damn! the saga will ruin if rachelle dont play victoria in the third film.. i want rachelle!! i want rachelle!!

• shocker!!! i cant believe this!! i got teary eyed just looking at the title!!i’m gonna miss rachelle for sure… hopefully she has childlike voice, the one thing that rachelle has not!! RACHELLE… all the best for you…:)

5. Words can not express my confusion over this right now. So sad to see Rachelle go…sad that we will lose that continuity in the franchise…I think Bryce is a wonderful actress…just so utterly shocked.

6. what?????
    omg!!!! =(
    I love Rachelle Lefevre
    I can’t believe this =(

7. WHATTT!!!!
    I’m so sad now.

8. What the heck..lmao…I love Rachelle! I agree with what Nancy says. Bryce has to sell it. *sighs*

9. WHAT?! Why would Summit do something like this?! See? This is why I dislike that studio VERY MUCH!

• ScarletRubie says:

i’m in a shock! I didn’t see this coming at all, honestly the studio is not to blame for this, Rachele is the one with schedule conflicts, this actress doesn’t look like a complete opposite of Rachele so maybe it won’t be a disaster. I wish she weren’t leaving because my pet peeve is when actors are changed, it drives me crazy! I don’t blame summit, i’m just disappointed and still in SHOCK!!

• Not Summit’s fault. Sounds like a scheduling conflict due to a part Rachelle previously booked. Her fault if anything. :)

• well I did see Rachelle’s twitter talking about a part she just got that she was really excited about. Hey! stuff happens. I’m in shock just like all of you are, but i agree with you, that it’s not the studio’s fault. they’ve been very consistent in keeping the same actors for the same roles, so all we can do is wish Rachelle the best, and have alittle confidence in this new comer.
        at least rob, Taylor, or kristen weren’t the actors having scheduling conflicts. Now wouldn’t that have raised a riot!
        Good luck Rachelle, we love you and wish you the absolute best in your upcoming movies! you’ll always be our favorite victoria!

• I agree. It is Rachelle’s fault. She knew when the next film was going to be made. Besides does anyone remember the controversy over Rob being initially chosen for Edward? Wasn’t there a petition against him. And now look…everyone adores him and he IS Edward. Give Bryce a chance. She looks similar to Rachelle. And with a Victoria wig she should do fine. It’s not like she is a huge presence in Eclipse. If I remember correctly her biggest scene is the fight with Edward.

10. she’s pretty but i feel that something is always lost when a part is changed. I’m sad to see Rachelle go as well, she seemed sweet and very dedicated to the role

11. Desiree says:

I call bullsh*t

• Desiree says:

It’s not even on Summit’s page

• disgusted says:

I agree… I definitely call the bull**** card! Why would they do a change on the 3rd movie? It’s just going to be awkward I think…I’ll give her a chance, but I really REALLY think Rachelle needs to come back..what’s 10 days? Seriously? Summit..YOU SUCK…another way just to make money [like you won't make alot anyway] I can’t wait for this whole series to be done so we don’t have to deal with Summit anymore….

12. WOW. I am in shock! I LOVE Rachelle as Victoria. She’s fierce and has the perfect look! :(

Bryce is amazing, I’ll give her that, and I’m actually quite excited to see her get into character…But at the same time, I HATE when studios change the actors playing characters in a franchise. Especially considering Rachelle will have been our Victoria for two movies, and then suddenly, she’s going to look different, and be played by a completely different person. :(

Right now…I’m just…conflicted. :/ Nothing against Bryce, she’s AMAZING. She’s been fantastic in every movie I’ve seen her in…I just HATE actor-character changes. :/

• I totally agree with Randi. I think Bryce is an amazing actress, super beautiful and talented. But…. Rachelle! I think she was so dedicated and brought that feral part out in her portrayal of Victoria. Bryce seems too sweet to be really feral and threatening as Victoria is described in the books. And Eclipse was supposed to be the most important one for Victoria. The huge fight scene and all. I’m sooooo mad and sad and confused and disapointed. Not disapointed withe Bryce, she’s awesome. I just hate when they change actors. I truly hate it. Why now? Why? :(

• Nymeria says:

I agree, too! I don’t really understand…Eclipse is going to be HUGE. Why wouldn’t Rachelle want to be a part of it?

• My sentiments exactly :(

13. I can’t believe it. I’m so shocked!! She’s such a good Victoria. I can’t see anyone replacing her. It’s sad she had to go on the best part about Victoria. I was looking forward to seeing her and Rob do the vampire prancing in the snow during the fight scene.

• I am also very shocked!!! She was awesome in Twilight…..and most likely New Moon too…..I just CANNOT see anyone replacing her!

14. Rosmelie says:

perdon! NO. Not acceptable!

15. I can’t believe Rachelle won’t be in the 3rd one anymore……that’s just sad…….I really LOVE her as Victoria!!! She can’t do this!!

=’(

16. ross argentina says:

OMG!ICAN’T BELIEVE IT!Rachelle was perfect for this role. Besides, i don’t know who is this actress. ;(. i want rachelle back!

17. WTF?!?!? Hell no. This is not right! RACHELLE COME BACK!!!

18. I love Bryce and I love Rachelle…I love Rachelle as Victoria but we shall see. Best of luck to Rachelle, she still has our support in everything she does!

19. crap no no no no no nooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

20. what??! when did this happen. i dont know what to think, it’ll ruin the continuity and i love rachelle!

21. ClashLAND says:

NOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thats horrible! Rachelle was perfect!
    this sucks!

NOOOO!!

22. Opie’s daughter? Noooooooooooo!!!!!! I am truly heartbroken.

23. oh well! Thats Hollywood for you! I did love rachelle but if her schedule can’t permit it… :(

I guess its ok! I like Bryce! She’s pretty and a very good actress!!

24. OMG….SOMEBODY PLEASE TELL ME THAT THIS IS SOME KIND OF A SICK JOKE!!!! I’m literally in tears over this! BDH is NOT and never can be Victoria!!!!

If this is true, they need to give us more details than “will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made”.

Having watched Rachelle in interviews, I cannot see her committing to something else. Especially having heard her say in interviews how hard she’s worked to get into fighting shape for Eclipse!

Summit tell us the truth!!

• i absolutely agree that something seems off. rachelle always sounded so committed to the franchise that i find it suspicious that she suddenly has a conflict, especially since it’s only a few weeks away now.

• you’re right .. i don’t understand, i’ve heard her talk in interviews a bunch of times about the fight scene in eclipse, and make jokes about getting her head cut off! it makes no sense.

this is so sad. i love rachelle :(

• I just heard about this and am deeply disappointed. I dont think that Rachelle would just go and have other commitments when she knows she’d be busy with the franchise. There has to be some really good reason as to why she cannot continue, but I can’t picture anyone else as Victoria now. I would rather have seen a new Rosalie then Victoria, because Rachelle is an amazing actress. It was just last night that I came across an episode of Bones that Rachelle had been in and she did an amazing job! Don’t let her get away Summit, shame on you!

25. that just sucks =/

26. Oh my god, seriously!? This is totally out of nowhere! But I love Rachelle, she’s awesome as Victoria! Ugh, I really highly dislike when they switch actors in a franchise. It just really messes with the continuity and distracts from the story’s feel of “realness”.

• TwilightRulez14 says:

ya totally and then you’re only focsed on how different the character looks because you KNOW that its not the same person and thats all u can think about wen u look at them. all u think is “thats not Victoria”

27. WTF is this some kind of late april fools joke? Are they serious…she is the perfect Victoria and she is one of the friendliest cast members…really appreciated everything…Eclipse is Victorias biggest movie….what is the real reason…I dont think Rachelle would walk away from this…that is crazy…very upsetting….leaves a very bad taste in my mouth..you cant do this stuff…when people picture a character you cant go changing the face…doesnt work very disjointed..im in total shock and very sad

28. Shauna S says:

No Way! Bryce is great, but she’s not Victoria-don’t see HOW she can play it powerfully enough. She’s way too mousy. SO many other great actresses that could take on that role. Summit must be greasing the wheels of the mighty and powerful Ron Howard (daddy).

• Ha! That was exactly my thought! There you go Ron….darling daughter now has a role in one of the hottest franchises in Hollywood…..I predict we’ll find out the reason in about a year.

29. Patricia says:

This is just not right. I can not believe this was a scheduling thing. Be smart SUMMIT and put Rachell back in before it is too late!!

30. noooooooooooooooo, I HATE it wen they do that in movies, and I like Rachelle.

31. Dani Mazur says:

ARE YOU KIDDING ME?! I can’t believe that. She just CAN’T do this! She’s awesome as ‘Victoria’.

32. bella1976 says:

WTF? WHY WOULD THEY DO THIS! I LOVE RACHELLE AS VICTORIA SHE IS PERFECT FOR THE ROLE!!!!!!!I’M SHOCKED,CONFUSED AND EXTREMELY DISAPPOINTED! SUMMIT FINDS YET ANOTHER WAY TO RUINED ANS MESS WITH THE FILMS!!!!!!!:K

33. Honestly, as much as I really liked Rachelle as Victoria, and it will be sad to see her role replaced, I really think Bryce has more of the face that I originally imagined as Victoria. There’s just that look in her eyes.

34. NNNNNNNNNNOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

35. oh! That’s crap! she must have got fired just like cathrine H! that’s exactly what they said about c.d.

• Well, really, Catherine needed to go.

• twigalfan says:

well whatever the reason behind c.h.’s departure, fired or what not, is all for the better. I think Chris Weitz will not disappoint. I love the two previews he’d shown on comic con. Very weitz indeed!

36. Im kinda in shock, im confused, Rachelle said she was excited to do the battle scene in eclipse, it sucks she had another commitment

37. How come this information is not on Summit’s site if it is correct?

38. I meant c.h. hahaha not c.d

39. Why I wonder…That will be interesting for Jackson, I know he has a Crush on her.

40. yea nothing against BDH but you need to follow the continuity(sp?) its totally jarring to see someone else be replaced in a role…just doesnt work….sad the two sides couldnt work it out….maybe oh maybe there is still time.

41. This will ruin the movie. Why are they repeatedly screwing the saga up?

42. RRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I’M GOING TO EXPLODE!!!! RACHELLE IS THE PERFECT VICTORIA!!! THEY CAN’T JUST GO REPLACING HER! UGH! this just TOTALLY went and ruined a great day for me. Its just not right. >:[

43. My heart just broke.
    :-(
    Victoria has such a HUGE role in Eclipse, too.
    Ugh, I’m so upset.

44. I love Rachelle…she is great as Victoria…but we have to respect her art and acting is her art this filming schedule is very tight as we have all seen on Kristen and Rob with there movies filming right now and non stop for eclipse..so good luck to her and welcome Bryce.
    Rachelle is going to be missed no doubt. But the film must go on if we want it by June 30 2010…

• jasmine says:

i for one would be more than willing to wait a lill longer if they would have to replace an actor for it.

45. this is really horrible.
    it’s not right.
    oh man, rachelle made the perfect victoria. ugh.

46. my heart is seriously breaking!

47. WHY !!!!!!!!!!!!! NO !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

48. um google found this for me…says Rachelle joined another movie that starts filming at the same time…

dont know how real the examiner website is but ..hmm

49. why would they do this in the THIRD movie?!

:’[

50. I am really surprised by this…I thought that Rachelle gave her all in playing Victoria and I just cant see BDH in that role at all. Rachelle is also such a wonderful person and good to the fans.
    BDH better do a good job, or she has the fans to answer to.

1. [...] [source - Twilight Lexicon] Posted in Eclipse, Movie Casting, Movies, Twilight | Tags: Eclipse, Movie Casting, Movies, Summit Entertainment, Twilight « ‘New Moon’ Jamie Campbell Bower talks Comic-Con and ‘New Moon’ [...]

2. [...] Twilight Lexicon Posted by Maia | Post Categories: Articles, Eclipse, News, Rachelle Lefevre Leave a comment [...]

3. [...] substituida pela atriz Bryce Dallas Howard, você pode saber mais informações sobre o ocorrido aqui, e caso queira que a atriz Rachelle volte a interpretar a vampira foi criada uma petição que [...]

4. [...] Bryce Dallas Howard Replaces Rachelle Le Fevere Summit Entertainment announced today that Bryce Dallas Howard will take over the role of “Victoria” in the studio’s upcoming production of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE. Actress, Rachelle Lefevre, who portrayed the character in TWILIGHT as well as the upcoming release of THE TWILIGHT SAGA: NEW MOON, will not continue in the role due to scheduling conflicts with another commitment the actor has made. THE TWILIGHT SAGA: ECLIPSE will start filming in Vancouver this coming August. [...]