Robert Pattinson Up For Bid

Rob auctioned himself off for a good cause today, the AIDS charity amfAR. The late Natasha Richardson was their spokesperson for over 15 years and was a member of their board of trustees until her untimely death earlier this year.

According to ET:

“The vampy leading man was auctioned off today in Cannes for the amfAR Cinema Against AIDS 2009 Cocktail Party. The bidding got so high that Pattinson was split between two bidders, who each paid $20,000 for the chance to meet, greet and win a kiss on the cheek from the ‘Twilight’ idol.”

For more details see ET, and for information on the work that amfAR does click here.

Comments

1. ROBERT you PLAYBOY!!!! WOW at least it was for charity,,

2. ILoveEC says:

What?!? 20 GRAND! They must be loaded… Darn. :(

3. dang, i know ILoveEC

4. How much for a jump?

5. I would have SO paid this if I had it. I love that he is so popular at Cannes. Guess it’s not just the “12 year olds” who love Rob!

6. Now where, o, where did I put that spare $20 Grand?

Ah! There it is! (Whips out cheque book)

7. Well, that’s awesome it’s for a good cause. Is it just me, or does Rob look rather young in that picture? Dashing…but young.

8. Maelina says:

Hmm.. I can’t wait to find out the details of this bidding.. Very kind of him to agree on doing this, by the way. Those girls are lucky! Does anyone else think that Rob looks a bit tired in tonight’s photos? Well, he has had a pretty tough week, I would imagine..

9. Oh! I am so proud of him! He is just amazing all around!!

10. Sterling Snow says:

*Squints at screen*
    Did that really say $20,000? As in 4 zeros? Wow. But of course Rob’s worth it :)

11. That is awesome! Everyone wins grats girls and grats to the AIDS charity amfAR. :D

12. It’s all for a good cause and that’s the most important thing.

13. Vampiregirlsince1918 says:

$20,000!!!!!! Wow that is a lot of money. lol. I know it was for charity which is great though. :)

14. Wow… that’s… kinda crazy.

15. Glad it was for charity wish I had that kind of dough I would have glady paid that for him

16. It feels silly to say this but I’m so damn proud of him. Just when you think he can’t get any more awesome he goes and does something like this.
    20 grand EACH! That’s fantastic for amfAR.
    Those ladies have no idea how lucky they are. You don’t get the chance to meet someone with a heart of gold any old day of the week.

I’m also glad he’s so popular at Cannes. It’s great to see so many people catching on to how brilliant he is.

Love ya Rob. \m/

17. You guys, go to the ET link! The video is so cute.
    >.<

18. That is a LOT of money… well at least it was a good cause

19. Jennifer L. says:

only 20k? i’d pay them a hundred.

20. Wow, I think he’s doing a great thing, but poor him.He’s being auctioned.

21. if i got a chance to spend the day with rob i would faint or cry but i still am trying to be that lucky girl!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

22. if rob wants to get married soon he should slap a ring on my finger and call it a day!

23. Kay_Cullen says:

This might sound crazy but, I am so friggin’ proud of Rob!!! He has done something that would be soooo difficult for an ordinary actor, spend a whole day with TWO of his most crazy-insane fans who happen to be girls, for the benefit of helping people who are in need. He did the most horrific thing, (I can tell it was scary for him because he was pacing back and forth like a lost kid in a super packed super market when they were auctioning him) without whining and complaining, as a plain actor would, and pulled it off with dignity! I especailly love how people are starting to notice how excelent he is. People are starting to look past his beauty, his acting abilities, and his singing abilities to take a look at his pure, generous, golden, heart! To finaly see Robert for who he can be if people would stop labeling him just as a pretty face!

As if I need any more reasons to love him, he goes and does this!
    Love ya dude! Keep it going, Rob, and maybe someday they will label you with something that they haven’t noticed yet about you: a kind heart!