Rachelle Lefevre Defends Twilight

Rachelle Lefevre  guest stars on Vh1’s Free Radio on Thursday, May 7th at 11 PM.  According to the site’s press release, “Host Lance Krall rips into the movie and disses it’s departure from traditional Vampire “rules.””

This particular show is known for giving its guests a hard time, it’s kind of their trademark. The show has a toned-down shock jock feel, so we are assuming that Rachelle knew what she was getting herself into.  Anyway, no fear, Rachelle gave back as good as she got.

Comments

1. Seriously, do your homework people! This is a comedy show about a radio show! It’s not real! I’m sure Rachelle knew exactly what she was doing and was totally in on the gag. I mean this with the utmost respect, but please, if you’re going comment on this stuff, know what it is. The Lex posted a link to the site that tells all about it. READ.

2. Come on you guys are intelligent people. Lance Krall is playing a character. He is the creator, writer director and editor of Free Radio. Sense of Humor. This show is great. The fact that anyone is bitching about on here is pretty hilarious. “WHY SO SERIOUS?”

3. Jeremy says:

You guys know this show is just a giant joke right? She got into the show knowing how it plays out… it is a bit… comedy… duh.

4. FR4ever says:

Lighten up people!! It’s a SITCOM on VH1 called Free Radio, not a real radio show. The show is hilarious and Lance Krall plays an intern who gets his own radio show when the star leaves for satellite (like Howard Stern). His show is called “Moron in the Morning” and obviously a lot of people here agree. Rachelle and everyone else who goes on there knows it’s a joke and they just improv their way through the interviews. Try watching it and you could grow a sense of humor!

5. Kristen says:

IT’S A TV SHOW!!! CALM DOWN! Go on VH1.com, watch at least one other episode of FREE RADIO, which is the name of the TV show, and you’ll notice this CHARACTER is supposed to be clueless! His radio show is called MORON IN THE MORNING! Why do you think it’s called that? Maybe cause his CHARACTER is a moron!

6. What an annoying man!!!

7. LMAO!! Let’s make king kong a giant hairy frog cos that’s better LMAO!!!!

8. ericjm says:

No need for everyone to get their panties in a bunch (although some of it is hilarious and even down right sad) whoever posted this link obviously has never seen the show.

This is clip from Free Radio (and mostly if not completely scripted), a comedy show on VH1 (the guy isn’t even on the radio, but he damn well should be).. His ‘manager’ on the show is the indian guy from Zack and Miri/40 year old virgin.

Watch it, it is great. Last week he sprayed Tony Hawk with a supersoaker full of ‘pee.’

9. ericjm says:

I fail at reading, my apologies to who posted this link.

10. lol….why was his face so red?

11. cmomma says:

Here we go again.
    Twilight fans overreacting.

*rolls eyes*

12. that’s about the same speach my brother gave to me about Twilight. Halarious!

Rachelle is amazing and this show is so funny!

13. ya know what he sounds like? all the people at school that think only screaming stupid girls could ever read or watch the movie…and that’s middle school not a full grown man…

14. Wow he seemed reeaallly into his “crap analogy”

15. the show is an improv comedy show
    and lance is playing a character
    it’s supposed to be outrageous
    damn

16. Spiritual Advisor says:

Don’t you people realize that Free Radio is a TV show about a radio station?!?! It’s not real! This is a character that is supposed to be annoying and insulting. Get a clue, people!

17. Stephanie says:

How are there rules for mythical creatures? That guy is a tool.

18. Marion says:

He mentioned he liked Bram Stoker’s Dracula,which was directed by Francis Ford Coppola. If he remembered Van Helsing’s voice over explanation,he mentions that vampires CAN go out in the daylight,but their powers are weak. I guess he must have missed that part. I would do my research first before blasting someone else’s work. Good for Rachelle to stand up to him. She has every right to be proud to be apart of Twilight. I guess we should get used to this by now with the haters that don’t want to understand why people love Twilight. If I said once I’ll say it again,if you’ve never read the book,you probably won’t get much out of the film. End of story.

19. melissa says:

you go Rachelle. She’s awsome. I would totally kick that guys ass. But you know he got to put on a good show

20. melissa says:

go Rachelle. I would totally kick that guys ass.

21. Nezzi Loves Lautner says:

you go girl!!!!

22. I saw a commercial for this this morning when I was getting dressed for school and I had to do a double take to make sure it was really Rachelle lol

23. Maureen says:

hmmm….could some wannabe Howard Stern be jealous? Ok this will get you your 3 seconds of fame hahahahaha

24. i thought it was pretty funny :)
    he was struggling to find valid reasons, which made me laugh.

25. safina says:

Kudos Rachelle! Love you!

26. shannon says:

what a total terd burger he obviously hasn’t see many vampire movies. just to add to the fast growing list of movies where vampires come out during the day: van helsing and the blade movies.

27. twilightroxz says:

im sorry but i didnt think she really defended twilight but she did an okay job shes still an awsome victoria

28. ya rachelle!!!!!!!!!!
    personally i found that guy totally irritating, just the way he kept interrupting and his whiny voice was getting progressively louder

29. numberoneTLfan with a penis says:

OMG the radio host is like

30. numberone-TL-fan-with-a-penis says:

OMG!! The radio host is like TOTALLY right!!
    Twilight is not following the true path of the Vampire. I can’t believe I invested sooooo much time into this lameness. :(

31. Rebecca says:

Wow…I agree with the guy.

32. After I saw this video I wanted to slap that guy!!!!! Way to go Rachelle.

And for Kelli, Amanda, and Timmy I have not ever watched that show and weather thats acting or not it still might offend people who love these books. So if just come on this site to see the ‘dorky’ comments people posted then don’t come on at all because as I said before this really offended some people.

( but I did think the crap thing was super funny)

33. Even though it was bashing Twilight, it still made me giggle. Good job for staying calm under pressure, Rachelle!

34. Personpersonperson says:

This is one of my favorite new shows. These comments are hilarious.

35. WOW!! that guy is so rude.. someone should of shoved something in his mouth for he can shut up already !! anyways Rachelle did a good job on defending Twilight, i think she really nice! =)

36. this guy is so umm…passionate. his eyes are bulging like he is a frog! lol!
    I LOVE YOU Rachelle Lefevre!

37. he is so freaking rude. i dont see why anyone would waste their time listening to him. But as far as i could see rachelle didn’t say too much at all, even though you all say she gave as good as she got, etc.

Im not criticising her… the fact that she didnt bitch slap the guy must have taken a hell of a lotta patience and restraint!!!!

Thats probably why they sent rachlle, out of all the cast, she is the most well spoken, calm, and poite. aka, most likely to be somewhat immune to egotistical jerks who have nothing better to do then irritate other people.

38. Sterling Snow says:

I find it so funny that EVERY guy who I’ve seen who has read Twilight/seen the movie acted like that. Going on about how it didn’t make sense, vampires aren’t that fast or strong, they can’t go out in the daytime, etc. It’s kind of interesting to me how guys all think that it’s so strange, but girls get it right away.

Oh and Melisa, Kelli and timmy? Dissing people is not really the best way to get them to take you seriously. Just a friendly suggestion:)

39. dogmantra says:

He’s totally right you know. Vampires should not be able to walk around in the daylight.

40. Edward says:

Wow, this guy’s great! I’m glad to be a freakin’ vampire and I’m secure enough in my vampirinty to laugh at myself. Lighten up, darlings.

41. Freyja says:

LOL!

I love that show.

42. that guy is hilarious!! im laughing so hard here!!
    and he IS right about vampires in daylight! but seriously though, i LOVE Twilight movie and the whole saga, i’ve read the books several times and i fall in love with them the more i read.

but that guy, dude! ROFL

43. Guys, calm down! This is just a tv show. The DJ’s are both actors. The main DJ is a comedian. It was all just a joke. I think this show comes on VHI or something.

44. lirael cullen says:

he’s a loser..

45. Did anyone else find it ironic that he made mention of “breaking all the rules” … just like someone we all know & love??? :-D

46. marsmint says:

lance krall is a comedian. lighten up people lol
    i love lance ! :D

47. Jessica says:

Yeah… I had a feeling it was a bit too fake. The guy was overreacting WAYY too much.

Even so, I don’t like his acting. It was really annoying -_-’

A lot of things in Twilight is cheesy. But you gotta admit that a lot of the cheesy things said in Twilight are probably being said to you by a significant other or spouse. And yes, sparkling vampires do seem a bit … lame. To me, it was a different matter when reading it as opposed to just saying something along the lines of “Edward is a sparkling vampire”.