5 Things That Have Us Psyched About the Breaking Dawn 2 Teaser

MTV’s Next Movie has a list of 5 things from yesterday’s teaser that have them pumped for the movie. Do theeir choices match yours?

1. Bella Warrior: At the tail end of the teaser as she’s lined up with her family and new friends, Bella (Kristen Stewart), watches as the immense Volturi guard descends upon the Forks clearing with a mean mug so fierce even we were shivering in our boots a little. Bella as a badass warrior vampire, finally? We’ve been waiting for that for four years now.

2. New Vampires: Incoming! There are about two dozen new vampires tacking onto the “Twilight” cast list for “Part 2,” and the teaser trailer gave some blink-and-you’ll-miss-it glimpses at just about every blimey one of ‘em. Some of the more enthralling new vamp flashes include Joe Anderson as the secluded and scruffy wanderer vamp Alistair, Lee Pace as the nomadic hottie Garrett and Judi Shekoni as the über-talented wild one from the Amazon, Zafrina. As Taylor Lautner’s Jacob Black puts it, “Lotta red eyes around here.” Just the way we like it. More, more, more!

Check out more on Next Movie.

Comments

1. Does anyone else think they saw Alec’s ‘black smoke’ in one shot? Isn’t that how SM described it in Bella’s mind? Have they made it a visual? Around 0.49 seconds in…

Oh yeah, and EEEEEEEK!

2. mihika bala says:

does any1 know the name of the soundtrack in the trailer

3. why why why are they running at the end? ughhh.. don’t know if I particularly like that change. they all stood their ground while Bella protected them….

• That could be one of Alice’s visions right? Since the Book was either in Bella or Jacobs POV you weren’t able to see what was up with Alice and Jasper, but now with the movie we’ll get to see them more, so it’s quite possible that they’re just showing one of Alice’s vision.

4. Love warrior Bella – Can’t freaking wait for this movie….the countdown has started :)

5. why are they runni ng in the trailer that doesnt happen int he book does it??

• there was some speculation that the ‘fight/running’ scenes might be from one of Alice’s visions

• seriously?! there are so many things they put in the movies that wasn’t in the books and the things that should have been in the movies from the books didn’t make it. But I’m sure I’m not the first one to say as much.

• LadyLovesLeo says:

And you won’t be the last. Every time I think about the end ot the Eclipse movie – “It’s not all about you” (B to E) – I cringe! I know it’s hard to be 100% faithful from book to movie, but when you completely contradict the entire theme of the whole series! Aarrgh! I can’t help but think the disaster that was Eclipse helped encourage Stephenie to take a more active role in BD as producer. I was so happy with BD1, let’s have faith that she has done us right again with BD2. I’m hoping that the big fight is an Alice vision or one of the other’s imagining how the confrontation will play out.

• Oh dont even get me started on that one. I cant even watch Eclipse anymore without cringing. That whole speech at the end was a disaster. This whole series would have been a lot better if they would have gotten rid of Melissa after Twilight.

• Hate to tell you this, but Melissa & Stephanie had to have a meeting/dinner back in 2010 bout the BD2 ending- there had to be a cinematic compromise, before they signed off to make the film. According to the BD1 movie guide book, SM didn’t want to deviate from the tense standoff & have ‘bloodshed’, but from a movie outlook-trying to create the tension through dialogue alone- others didn’t think it would work. It’s not Alices vision, sorry. I’m sure we will love it anyway. :-)

• jennifer says:

Ugh! There are so many things to hate about the Eclipse movie…and I won’t rehash them as I’ve posted them on this blog before…just a week ago, in fact. There are little things that mean a lot that are taken out of or changed in each of the movies. I understand why everything can’t be fit into a movie, especially from a 700+ page book, but that doesn’t mean they have to be CHANGED.

And don’t get me started on not being able to create tension with dialogue. That is a completely false statement. If it were true, movies like A Few Good Men, Mr. Smith Goes to Washington, 12 Angry Men, The Big Chill, Kramer vs. Kramer, etc, etc would have failed, and they did not.

Maybe you need action to keep the attention of a CERTAIN demographic **coff-teenagers-coff** but to say action is required to make a film interesting is inaccurate.

6. Katrina Davis says:

What bothers me the most is the fact that Renesmee is so big in the movie. According to the book she is still little enough to fit in Bella’s arms when the Volturi show up. I know the movies are never as excellent as the books, but having Renesmee so big (in real life the actress is 10 years old) throws the movie off.

• Well, you can’t really take a toddler and expect them to stay still and act mature like Rennesme did in the books. And then taking mackenzie’s face and putting it onto a different body would look odd. Like at the end of the first part.

• LadyLovesLeo says:

I think they aged Renesemee more in the movie to make the idea of Jacob imprinting on her and being so attached to her a more pallatable story for the viewing audience. I didn’t ever think about it when I was reading BD, but I’ve seen a couple of interviews with Taylor, Rob, and Kristen where they were asked about the “controversy” of imprinting on young children.

7. Maybe it’s just me but I am hoping that there is a fight scene. Don’t get me wrong, I love that Bella is the heroin in the book but the end was so anti-climatic. I loved the added scene in Eclipse of the fight. Maybe it’s just the guy in me. As for the comments on Renesmee, I except those changes of aging her. I think it is more of a technical reasoning behind it. I doubt they could find a little girl around the age or 2 or 3 that can speak with proper English. But like most movies that come from books I just have to except the fact that they will always be different. I had to except that with LOTR, HP, and now Twilight. OH well it’s not like it’s going to keep me from seeing it. LOL

8. Krystal says:

I personally have a problem with the whole “things are in the movies that aren’t in the books”… I hate when that happens, but it’s in everything…. Renesemee being so old? Well she didn’t have to be THAT old (10) but she could have been just a little bit younger…. But as long as the movie ends fine, well I would be alright with that.

9. Chela Madison says:

Just wanted to comment on some thoughts expressed above!

1. Renesmee being big/too old: I think the main reason she’s older is because they need someone who can act and be on screen for an extended period of time. It might be hard to get someone who’s younger to do what needs to be done. Mackenzie is 11. That’s pretty young! She’s is in the 5th or 6th grade, right? Can you imagine trying to work someone who’s in the 4th grade or younger for such a large role? I know young kids do commercials or smaller TV roles, but Renesmee is a big presence in the movie. I think it’s a good idea to have someone a little older. Also, someone mentioned above that maybe it helps ease the public’s discomfort with the imprinting. Maybe there’s some merit to that point, I don’t know.

2. Fight scene at the end: The tense stand-off works in the book, but I really don’t think it works in the movie. I know the movies are heavily aimed toward fans, but we shouldn’t exclude the general movie going public. And if the movie builds up to this grand battle scene (the Cullens have amassed all of these allies (new vamps and lots of wolves), the entire Volturi clan has come to forks to destroy them, this is going to be big!), and then the conflict ends because Bella uses her mental shield (again kind of tough to have this be the cinematic climax) and they sort of reach an uneasy agreement…? People will be angry and tear the movie to shreds. I know that many people already do that now, but I think it would be extremely bad this time around. And I want us to go out with a bang, you know?!

I think we should just stay positive until we’ve seen the movie! The trailer looks good, and I think these movie changes make sense. We’ll see how it all turns out in November!