Stephenie Meyer to Start Writing Again InMay

It’s easy to miss this tidbit in the update that Stephenie Meyer did to her website. However this is probably a pretty important detail!

On the page where she talks about The Host Movie, Stephenie wrote, “So the busyness will not be ending anytime soon with all three projects currently ongoing. I’m hoping to get a little writing done at the same time, but writing on set has proved an elusive goal for me in the past year. I’m looking forward to this May, when I will officially be home for good and back here at my computer where I like to be best.”

This is huge as the last full-length novels that Stephenie wrote came out back in 2008: Breaking Dawn and The Host. Since then, she has written two other items that were not full-legnth novels: The Bree Tanner novella and the Official Illustrated Twilight Guide.

There was no mention of what universe this writing is going to take place in: Twilight, The Host, or something new entirely, but the good news is that there will be more of something!

Comments

1. I did not enjoy the Host. In fact did not even make it half way through. I sure hope her new stuff is more like Twlight.

• IMO, that’s sort of like stopping in New Moon at the “October” chapter, in the middle of Bella’s depression.

“The Host” gets better, way better. There is a certain level of unsavory brutality in much of the story, but that is eclipsed later by other concerns. *Awesome* concerns. And once you fine out who Wanderer *really* is….!!!!!

• The beginning of The Host was slow, but if you stick with it after 100 pages or so, it really picks up and gets ALOT better.

• I had to get like half way through The Host before I got into it. Its a good story of you can get through the first part. Just keep plugging away. You will be glad you did,

• OMG, the host was SO boring the beginning and i didn’t understand what was going on, but then like, in the middle of the book, i got into it and it started making sense and getting really good. When i finished i went back and reread it, and it all came together. it was great. The host is my favorite book out of all she has written. I think you should give it another chance. :)

• Casandra says:

@Jen
      When I started reading ‘The Host’ trust me I didn’t like it cause it was kind of slow and boring, but trust me! It gets better as you start going more into the book:D its now one of my all time favorite books, but like I said, the beginning was blah!

• The Twilight books were good, but those were her teen books, The Host is her adult book and although slow it is amazing!! I’ve actually read that multiple times and still enjoy it. It’s even better with the extra chapter.

• I hoped that she kept her promise about writing Midnight Sun, I understand extremly how hard it is to write a book but i do know that if you continue to look at it and reread it you will soon be able to get your mind working again, even if you have pressure to do it. But I enjoyed, no loved the partial draft of Midnight Sun that we were able to read and killed me that it ended at the most important point, i can’t even try to read twilight without getting mad about the fact that Midnight sun hasn’t come out yet. Midnight Sun brought in raw emotions that rarely books can capture and the fact the Midnight Sun did that, and that it’s NOT finished yet is really annoying. At first i respected Stephenie, now i can barely stand her. It’s been 4 years she must of at least dabbled into the story. But saying you haven’t looked at it at all is a lie. I’m SO mad right now that i can’t believe…I’m just really mad and wish that she kept her promise.

2. Midnight Sun!!!!

3. Oh i hope it’s The Host, there are soo many was she could go with it!

4. Glad to know she will be home again.

5. I enjoyed “The Host” it was an amazing read and I would love to see the movie. Hope it comes to SA.

6. I’m hoping it’s Midnight Sun. But if not I bet it’s the next book for The Host.

7. Please say it will be Midnight Sun or maybe one more edition to the Twilight as long as you don’t kill of any of the much loved charecters lol.

8. people need to lay off the “Midnight Sun” comments. SM said she won’t finish it until people stop talking about it and that she needed a break from vampires. I look forward to anything she writes.

• But if people stop talking about it, it means they’ve forgotten about it. If that happens there would be no point in finishing it at all.

• Good one Savanna. If I recall the events around Midnight Sun, SM’s draft was hacked then posted on the internet. SM felt betrayed and stopped writing the rest of the story. Then, a few months later, someone accused SM of “stealing” the idea for Twilight. I believe it went to court and the charges were dismissed. SM has grown to see how the dog-eat-dog world operates. She has enough money now to protect her property and present a formidable legal team to combat those that would try to “steal” from her again.

I do not believe “The Host” reached the level of following as Twilight did, as evidenced by the reader who stopped in the middle of “The Host”. I, for one, picked up “The Host” because SM wrote it and I liked the premise. However, I did not read Bree Tanner.

SM writes because she enjoys it. Critics do not like her style but her net worth speaks for her success. I suspect “The Seeker” and “The Soul” are next for her.

9. Midnight Sun!!!! I really hope that she finishes what she has already started

10. wishing lies says:

They say one lie when repeated a hundred times becomes true

So Here I go:

and 50 times more:
    I wish it was Midnight Sun!I wish it was Midnight Sun!

11. I hope it’s Midnight Sun or one about Jacob and Renesmee! Absolutely love anything Twilight and need lots more!!!!

12. Oh jeez, please let it be Mid Night Sun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

13. maureen Brennan says:

PLEASE let it be Midnight Sun. I love what i’ve seen of it., it simply must get published. Pleeeeease Stephenie !!

14. Love everything she’s written. Its been too long in coming. Would love to see Midnight Sun completed.

15. I just hope it has to do sumthing with the 6th twilight movie :) cuz if breaking dawn part 2 is the last one it will fell incomplete :/

• Why the hell would it feel incomplete? Bella and Edward’s story is over. SM said so herself. She said if she ever wrote anything Twilight again, it would be about Jacob and Renesmee or Leah. And, again, she just finished the Twilight saga movies- I think she’ll want to focus on the Host trilogy that is STILL incomplete after 3 years of not having a new book come out for that trilogy.

16. I hope it’s something twilight related. I loved the host but I think it stands on it’s own magnificently! I personally didn’t have a real feeling of an end in twilight, something future based with jacob and nessie would be great and a fabulous way of continuing on with the characters she loves. Of course midnight sun would be fantastic but I’m not getting my hopes up.

17. jacqueline says:

Please finish Midnight Sun !!!!!!!!!

18. Like everyone else, I hope she intends to finish Midnight Sun, and have it published around the time, Breaking Dawn pt 2 movie, comes out…or not far behind it. I think it would tie up the whole Bella & Edward package really nicely <3

After that, I am REALLY hoping that she begins work on Jacob and Reneesme's story! This story is a journey I really want to take. I am very interested in the kind of person Ness grows into. Will she have more of Bella or Edward's characteristics? What challenges will they, as two 'mythical creatures'/humans have to go through? With the tribe? The Cullens? What the hell will the Volturi think of all this?!?!?! I am not so sure. Aro seemed REAL interested in learning more about Ness, and they are after all, still the Vampire Royal Family. Will Edward be able to handle his little girl involved with Jacob? Or will he be worse than Charlie? Will Ness even be interested in Jake "that way" when she is full grown? Or will she resist what the imprint from Jake has suggested, that they are to be a couple?

A LOT of potential there!!

• I have to say, I honestly never connected with the character of Jacob in the books. I accepted his important role in the story, but he always got on my nerves, and I don’t specifically desire to read more about him. However, if she did take up the Jake/Reneesme storyline, I would more than likely read it, but primarily for the Cullen side of the story.

19. @jennifer….if her plan is to write it when people stop talking about it, it will never get finished.

• I never got the impression that she meant people would LITERALLY have to stop mentioning or caring about this book, simply that she FELT at the time that that would be necessary for her to regain her imaginative drive toward that endeavor, because the frustration was still so fresh. It’s been three or four years since this occurred and, being so appreciative of her fans, I can’t imagine she would hold them responsible for still loving her characters and their stories. I think it will come down to whether or not she has the time or desire, at any given point, to get back into that particular story, and more carefully safeguarding her process to prevent what happened before.

20. I hope it is midnight sun!

21. twilight fan says:

Hope its either midnight sun or something to do with twilight. Like more with jacob and nessie. That would be awesome.

22. I’ll love anything she writes, but I especially forward to the Soul and The Seeker.

23. Gay Bunnell says:

I also hope she will finish Midnight Sun. I know that Lionsgate has said they will make another Twilight movie if Stephenie writes it. I don’t know if they would consider making Midnight Sun movie. But it could be a great movie, of course they would have to keep the current cast for that one. Not sure how they would all feel about that. I think they are probably tired. But, as much as I love the original Twilight movie, I can’t help but think they could fix what they missed and maybe get the story right this time. Lets go back to the love story and fill in the gaps.
    I would also be really pleased to see the next two installments of the Host, Stephenie is a great story teller, I will read anything she writes.
    Also, I was so enthralled with the Twilight Saga it was hard for me to give it up to read the Host. When I did I was really pleased with the story and enjoyed the story telling.

• I agree! Now that I’ve seen all the other movies in the saga, the original Twilight movie is a real let down. It would be great for them to give it another try – especially from Edward’s point of view.

24. I agree with the above comment. I doubt she will ever actually publish MS. I think she’s still bored with focusing on Twilight and probably wants to focus on finishing something that she’s already started and has not yet completed yet: The Seeker and The Soul. Twilight, at least has had closure in Bella and Edward’s story; we never found out what else happened in the world of The Host, though, and now that The Host movie is being worked on, she’ll probably want to continue getting those books out, so that, if The Host movie does well, they can continue making the rest of that trilogy into movies.

25. I, too, was taken back by the “incomplete” comment. The “Bella & Edward” story is done….Forever after. People who are connected to Jacob and thus Nessie, want to see how that plays out. Folks, use your imagination. “The Host” is incomplete. My then 12 year-old son asked me where the sequel was. He was mesmerized. That was 2 years ago. Let’s complete “The Host” Trilogy SM so we can move on.

• I agreed 100%. How is it incomplete. The last chapter of BD was the Happy Ever After. That said it all. We all can used our imaginations for the rest. Twilight has to end sometime. People think it is suppose to go on forever. I think as an author, it is time she moves on to something else.

26. I would like to read a completed Midnight sun it is getting the full story from a different point of view. We got a bit of Jacob in Breaking Dawn it’s only fair Edward gets a turn. I would like another Host book i love the Host it starts off a little slow but once you get passed that it really is an amazing book i feel like their story isn’t over. I would lvoe to read whatever she writes and i am expecting it to be amazing like akk her other books.

27. I think The Host was her best yet so I hope she continues that into a series. And if not that then I’m all for a new universe!

28. Mel_Australia says:

I also recall Stephanie saying in an interview that she had a couple of other ideas she wanted to flesh out – one was for a story about a group of cannibal mermaids and the other she said was about a tribe that has magical abilities, but its a very limited form of magic. Wish I could find the links to that interview…

29. I look forward to anything that she will write be it Midnight Sun, part of the Host series, or something completely new. I’m just glad she will have some time to start writing again.

30. I wish it would be Midnight sun because the chapters the she published was too amazing. I’m sure it will get another world wide bestseller. PLEASE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

31. The Host is being made into a movie so it seems likely there is some pressure to produce a follow up book to pull fans into a new SM series. I also read it because she wrote it but it stayed in my mind long after I finished reading. It’s Really a great storyline and concept. Try it !

32. Is it me or does SM look slimmer on this photo?!

33. I may be like the only person here/in the fandom that really doesn’t want her to finish Midnight Sun. lol I’m more interested in The Host. I think writing in The Host is better than The Twilight Saga. Now don’t get me wrong, I love The Twilight Saga but I think it’s time to move on.

34. I can’t wait for anything new by her. I hope it’s more like Twilight though, didn’t like The Host. I read because it was written by her.

35. First choice for next project would be to go through the Twilight Official Guide to correct all the mistakes and publish a corrected version. Let those of us with the error ridden first version turn it in for corrected one. Or at least publish book with the corrected pages and give out to those of us with error ridden version. The one thing I feel cheated on for money spent and the amount of errors in Official Guide.

Second work on the rest of Host story.

After that whatever she wants to work on. I would like to see Midnight Sun finished to get her side of Edward published at some time in the future. What happens with Leah is of interests along with Nessie and Jacob.

36. My dedication to the Saga runs deep–deeper than most would view as healthy, but I would love to see what else she has under her toolbelt, mainly the continuation of The Host. I love love love the Twilight Saga, and as much I would love for her to finish Midnight Sun (which she won’t if people keep bringing it up), or another Twilight book (following Leah or Jacob/Nessie), I doubt she’s going to jump right back in to the Twilight Universe. She said she was neck deeo in vampires, so I see her doing something more with The Host trilogy and maybe branching off into something entirely new. I, as one of her true fans, will support her regardless of what she chooses to write. I’m sure whatever it is will be amazing!

37. I never read New moon, because they were filming New moon I waited for the movie and then continued with reading twilight eclipse and skipped going to see it in theatres then I read Breaking Dawn and went to see it in theatres. I really hope that her next novel is as good as the twilight series…

• Hi Tara, I am a Team Edward member. Just like in the film, Edward is in only 1/4 of the book. If you are onTeam Jacob,you will enjoy New Moon. Jacob did save Bella’s mind while Edward was gone. Not only that, he, Jacob, saved Bella from Lerant. The Host is, in some ways, as good as Twilight Saga. The movie will be incredable, I promise.

38. I hate to burst some people’s bubbles…but I believe the book she’s talking about is neither Midnight Sun nor the sequel to The Host. It’s something completely different. The reason I know this is that I had the honor to meet her last spring while she was promoting The Guide Book and upheld a special fan meeting. She talked some of the projects she’ been doing, including 2 books she’s currently working on, both of them are not Vampire or Alien related. Despite the fact that I am dying to see the end of Midnight Sun, I’m still very happy to know that she is finally putting something different out. It sounds very interesting. Can’t wait!!

• Sabrina. It seems to me that I did hear her say that in an interview someplace. There are those that follow a writer regardless of the storyline (think Stephen King, Dean Koonz). Then there are writers (very few) who have a great story to tell (J K Rowling) AND FINISH . How was the Brea Tanner experiment? J K did not write a “Professor Snapes” novella. Anne Rice wrote about Vampires. She then went off the deep end and started writing about witches. You might ask “Anne who?” Most of the TwiFans are grown up now. They are flocking to see “The Vow”. The new demographics is anxiously waiting for the Hunger Games. Suzanne Collins wrote a trilogy. Some would want to see how Katnis developed but “The Hunger Games” ended. I, for one, am please with the way Twilight Saga ended. I do not need to read about Midnight Sun. I most definitely would like to read about “The Seeker” and “The Soul” but if SM wants to write about a woman’s plight in Iraq, more power to her.

• If you haven’t read Midnight Sun, you really should give it a try. It’s even better than Twilight, but it is always heartbreaking when I reach the end of what Stephenie has finished – I always want to reach the meadow, but it stops on the Thursday afternoon before the meadow scene on Saturday. (Can you tell I just read it for the third time over the weekend?)

1. [...] via Share this:TwitterFacebookGostar disso:GostoSeja o primeiro a gostar disso post. Esta entrada foi publicada em 11 11UTC fevereiro 11UTC 2012, in Projetos, Stephanie Meyer. Crie um bookmark para o link permanente. Deixe um comentário [...]