Breaking Dawn Scenes That Didn’t Make The Movie

It happens in every film. The creative team has to get together a teaser months ahead of time. The footage they use may or may not make the final cut due to timing, pacing, any number of things. The Twilight films are no stranger to this. Remember in the first film where Emmett says “She’s not one of us” in the teaser, but it never made it to the final version of the film? Well here is what we’ve spotted in regards to Breaking Dawn part 1.

First let’s take a look at the teaser that aired during the MTV Movie Awards back in early June.

The first 20 seconds or so with the girl in the red dress (Olga Fonda?) in front of the Volturi is an entire scene that never makes it into the movie. Later on in the teaser we see Charlie Bewley throwing the same girl at a wall (see screen cap below roughly the 1:22 mark) To clarify because there is obvious a lot of confusion in our comments and on Twitter: 100% certain that there are 2 Volturi scenes one of which was cut: Girl in the teaser is a brunette with her hair up in a red dress who Charlie Bewley then chucks at a wall. In the actual movie it’s a blonde with her hair down in a black dress that Charlie Bewley and Dan Cudmore just drag off.

Next up is a minor one. The footage in the teaser doesn’t match the brief scene on the screen. Rob and Kristen certainly still dance in the Lapa section of Rio, only it’s not the camera angle seen here in the teaser ( see cap below)

Now speaking of walls, Robert Pattinson throws Taylor Lautner at the wall in the teaser (roughly the 1:28 mark) knocking a painting off the wall in the process. It doesn’t make it to the big screen (see screen cap).

Now aside from the trailer there is the area of still photography. This gets tricky. Sometimes they take a shot in costume just because it looks pretty and will make a good magazine cover. Other times it’s an actual onscreen moment. In looking at the stills and PR shots it’s pretty obvious that the ones of the boat and Kristen Stewart’s arm in the feathers were just of the “looks pretty” type. However, it certainly seems like the ones below have high potential as cutting room floor items.

What’s your take are there any moments that we missed? Are you hoping these items end up on the DVD?

Comments

1. The volturi scene is after the credits!

• Lynne Stringer says:

The Volturi scene in the credits is with a different actress, and Demetri doesn’t throw her in the movie, although he does in the trailer.

• I know i may sound dumb to most, but as a true true twilight fan you can appreciate my pov and the items I bring up… First where is the ” car ” scene in beginning of book, the “missing Jacob ” posters, umm the ” night before ” wedding it wasn’t Edward who blabbed what vamps do at bachelor parties it was jasper, he didn’t calm her nerves, also to umm where in the book were there speeches

• Vampire Girl says:

I wondered about the car, too, but it may not have been that ‘significant’ to the story. I’m now wondering if they’ll have J. Jenks in Part 2. ??? I think that the very 1st scene showing Jacob running off, then coming back for the wedding (and Bella’s joy at seeing him) is trying to say he’s been gone awhile. Thanks for posting this…they were questions I had, too. :)

• Lynne Stringer says:

J Jenks is in it, I believe, as they hired an actor who looked pretty much as I imagined he would look, and I think they did confirm somewhere that he was playing him. With the car, it really isn’t that pivotal a scene. Virtually nothing is said. Bella only speaks to the guys at the service station. The rest of it is in her head. It’s hard to do that visually.

• I know those were some of my favorites., plus….when she said “I miss you already and they are kissing., and he says ” I don’t have to go” I was looking forward to that too. There were or was a lot of my favorite scenes that weren’t in the movie.

I also wished it was longer. I wished really hard and obviously it didn’t help….that since this was the next to last one that they would SLOW IT DOWN some. It flips so fast between scenes that it doesn’t feel like a movie., it feels like captions. It really the only thing I hate about the SAGA! It’s too fast. Doesn’t feel like a movie at some points. SLOW IT DOWN!!!!!

But, the overall movie was ABSOLUTELY GREAT!!!! I LOVED IT….I hope that everything we missed will be in an uncut version…..or Rate R version. Please have tons of DELETED SCENES TOO!!!! Because their deleted scenes always tie the movie together better. I really don’t know why they delete them all. They always make so much better sense when you watch them….and visualize them in the movie…..But, as far as hitting all the main point of the book they did do that. :)

• they definately didn’t have Bella’s before car (mercedes), so maybe they will have the after car! and J Jenks is in part2 i remember reading about the actor that is to play the part, just as ive jst read that there will be a French Coven, something that just wasn’t in the book, the male french man is played by Amadou Lee. I noticed in the film aswell that when Bella phones Rosalie, the phone isn’t actualy unlocked! lol.

• as a true twilight fan i would say that comment was stupid they take some parts out because the movie isn’t suppose to be really long so they take the key things that would make part one good enough for us to watch….

• Isabelle Fleckner says:

Yeah and with two different notes. The person in the trailer had a wedding invite and the girl in the movie after the credits had a note saying Bella was added to the coven.

2. he 1st one does.
    once the credits come on
    about 2 mins after they show that. iw as trying to get my stuff together. and was like oh!!! wait aha

3. Does Edward not brush the feathers out of Bella’s hair? Or was that just a fantasy I dreamed up. Lol.

4. Those of you saying the Volturi scene is after the credits obviously aren’t paying attention. Yes, there is a scene after the credits with the Volturi. But, it’s not the same woman that’s in the above clip that they are pointing out is missing from the movie. It’s an entirely different woman/scene. We do not see Demetri throwing the woman against the wall in the scene shown after the credits. He and Felix drag that woman out of the room.

• One of the Volturi was interviewed at the premiere and he said their scene was cute from the movie because it was too violent. So that is why the scene of them throwing the girl did not make it. Second he said stay in your seats during the credits there is a little fun scene with us. The one we saw during the credits was the new version of the old scene that was cut because it was too harsh!

• Maybe the scene in that trailer is in Part 2? I know this was probably just me but Aro’s make-up seemed a bit off in the clip they showed after the credits.

• thanks for repeating what we already heard.

5. Actually, I thought there were *2* Volturi scenes. I mean, I could easily be wrong, but wasn’t “sweet Bianca’s” hair at least partially down? The girl here has her hair up. And I think Aro was sitting in the version in the credits . . . does anyone remember for sure?

6. I am getting confused on the extra scene on the end now I think lol.. There is the short credits then the volturi scene then the other credits start and you hear Bruno mars song. There isn’t another scene after that right? Just double checking if I am right or do I need to stay longer for any reason

7. I am getting confused on the extra scene on the end now I think lol.. There is the short credits then the volturi scene then the other credits start and you hear Bruno mars song. There isn’t another scene after that right? Just double checking if I am right or not

8. Maybe it will be snippets of part 2. I noticed when Edward found out about Jacob imprinting, he wasn’t upset. Does it mean that he understood what it meant for Jacob though?? If so, then the person who would be angry would be still left for Bella and what better person to throw Jacob around than the person with the new found strength? Everyone knows Edward is strong but now when can see how strong she will be too.. Just a theory.

• Well from the book, I remember Bella being the one kind of upset about the imprinting.

• I remember an interview that Taylor did when he mentioned that near the end of Part 1, Edward throws Jacob across a room because he had imprinted on his daughter – in the clip from the trailer, Jacob is wearing the same shirt he was wearing for the birth scene, and Edward has his blood-stained blue shirt on. I think that shot was probably when Edward was coming downstairs to go outside to meet the wolves. He passed Jake on the way, got a bit ticked about the imprinting (and was ticked anyway because he’d left Bella), and threw him across the room because he had to get outside quickly.

I can understand them cutting that. It would chop up the action to have Edward realizing the pack is going to be there any second, and then have him make a pit stop to throw Jake across the room before running outside.

9. I know i may sound dumb to most, but as a true true twilight fan you can appreciate my pov and the items I bring up… First where is the ” car ” scene in beginning of book, the “missing Jacob ” posters, umm the ” night before ” wedding it wasn’t Edward who blabbed what vamps do at bachelor parties it was jasper, he didn’t calm her nerves, also to umm where in the book were there speeches ??

10. part 2, that didn’t fit before lol, … Another few items … why not show emmett get his dance ” with his lil sis “, again Hollywood took over and added yet another non existing fight scene, jasper and Alice were Not present when Bella gave birth…. These things I bring up for a reason… I know a 600-700 page novel cannot be put into a two ihour movie, believe me I’m not dilutional….but if ur putting a main part from the book into the movie, then do it EXACTLY like the book !!!! Stop ruining it, the wedding was in the house, not in the backyard for crissakes, this is the last book , last movie do it the justice it deserves !!!

• Karen VanOrder says:

Jasper and Alice were in the house when Bella gave birth. In the book it is Alice that takes Rosalie out of the room after Jacob kicks her away from Bella and Edward tells her to have Jasper help keep her out. I agree about the wedding but maybe on set the house really wasn’t big enough to hold all of those people so they improvised. Another thing I noticed is that Irina was at the wedding even though she didn’t stay for the whole thing, in the book she wouldn’t go because of the Cullens’ siding with the wolves. I still enjoyed this movie immensely and cannot wait for the 2nd one. I guess no director can ever go exactly by the book or it could possibly get boring in spots. Not sure how directing goes. Would love to see a movie being directed to see.

• I assume they had to show Irina at the wedding saying that she was upset and angry that Edward would invite the wolves to the wedding being that they killed Laurent. That will play a pivotal part in Breaking Dawn Part 2. They have to make the movie not only for us diehard fans but also for those who do not read the books. There’s so much more information/things that go on in the books that they would never have time to show in a 2-hour movie. I met a few people in my theater who never read the books and I’m like, “You have to read the books! There’s so much more than what they show you in the movie.” But that’s the truth of it, so again, they have to setup the movie so EVERYONE can understand what/how this is going to go down in the end.

• rosedahlia says:

Exactly! That’s why certain scenes don’t bother me. After seeing the movies enough times, you start to understand why things were filmed a certain way.

• It really irks me when Emmett says that they havent fed for weeks….and his eyes are golden!!!! Thats such an important detail. ughhh

11. Bernie Orona says:

Thank you so much for this, I was going to start searching for that clip, where Edward throws Jacob towards the wall, I was trying to figure out if it was a behind the scenes clip or in a teaser/trailer, because I was sooo looking forward to seeing that. :) Guess there’s no hope now, that it was being saved for Part 2, since it was in the Part 1 teaser/trailer. :(

12. I was really happy with what did end up in the film, and that so mich of the original quotes from the book were included. The only thing I was really disappointed about was that they didn’t show when Bella and Edward told Charlie they were getting married.

• I would have loved to see that on screen as well. Loved it in the book.

• I’m surprised they didn’t include the part where Bella asks why she is covered in feathers and Edwards responds that he bit a pillow. The movie was pretty true to the book, but there were some things that were left out that I really wish they would have included. For example, it would have been nice to see more of the Rosalie/Jacob dynamic. I did like the addition of the wedding speeches. Emmett always cracks me up and Charlie was pretty funny too.

13. That’s why it’s called a teaser trailer. This isn’t the first time trailers don’t match the film. I feel they do it to us on purpose is all. I do wish however the pre wedding car scene was in the movie and everything else they cut out. I wanted more and for it to be much longer then it was. However, what’s done is done so I love it for what it’s worth. :)

14. That’s why it’s called a teaser trailer. This isn’t the first time trailers don’t match the film. I feel they do it to us on purpose is all. I do wish however the pre wedding car scene was in the movie and everything else they cut out. I wanted more and for it to be much longer then it was. However, what’s done is done so I love it for what it’s worth.

15. That’s why it’s called a teaser trailer.I feel they do it to us on purpose is all. I do wish however the pre wedding car scene was in the movie and everything else they cut out. I wanted more and for it to be much longer then it was. However, what’s done is done so I love it for what it’s worth.

16. That’s why it’s called a teaser trailer.I feel they do it to us on purpose is all.I do wish however the pre wedding car scene was in the movie and everything else they cut out. I wanted more and for it to be much longer then it was. However, what’s done is done so I love it for what it’s worth.

17. That’s why it’s called a teaser trailer.I feel they do it to us on purpose is all.I do wish however the pre wedding car scene was in the movie and everything else they cut out. I wanted more and for it to be much longer then it was.

18. I really wanted the omlets in the movie, but whatever, it is still awesome!

19. Yeah, I really missed the Jacob being flung into the wall–we even saw the BTS footage of that…

20. Jessica Johanna says:

Ok guys here is the thing…. anybody remembers the human receptionist from new moon? Her name was Gianna, well that was her in the red dress in the trailer who gives the wedding invitation to the Volturi, and then she is killed by Demetri. Thats a scene from the beginning of the movie, but the director Bill Condon said he had to cut it cuz it didnt go with the flow of the movie. (If you have read FAQ from Stephanie Meyer she tells that Gianna wanted to become a vampire but that never happened, the Volturi killed her). Now, this other girl, the one after the credits is obviously new at her job (she didnt know how to spell Carlisle’s name and is giving the news of Bella’s transformation) so she is being killed for her negligence.

21. I really did miss the dog bowl scene. I did love the speeches at the wedding scene though, they were painfully awesomes! They are also why I never intend to have a reception if I ever get married, honestly.

It was the best film so far, and I am proud of the producer for making Kirsten Stewart actually use her acting skills. She did a very good job for once.

And I was the ONLY one in our theatre to stay for the after credits scene. Seriously people, in a hurry much??

• The banter between Jacob and Rosalie would have been great to see, especially the dog bowl scene. I also would have love to see how upset Jacob was when Edward heard the baby and Jacob went out in Edwards car to the park to try to imprint.

• yeahh i would have loved to see Lizzie :) I liked her so much in the books. And I really missed the blonde jokes ….

• Erin Hamersley Winkler says:

I really missed the dog bowl scene …. and it felt like something was missing when Jacob didn’t react at all to Edward cooing over Bella’s belly and again when Jacob imprinted on Renesmee and Edward just took it all in stride.

• I agree with you- Kristen did a great job in this film- shes much more confidant and it makes me sad that you can see her insecurities in the other films! First movie I actually believed she was Bella and not Kristen trying to act like Bella.

22. I would have liked to see Edward & Bella telling Charlie they were engaged. And I would have liked to see the dog bowl thing between Rosalie and Jake.

Honestly I feel bad even saying that, because I thought it was so well done. It far exceeded my expectations. I wish I could personally tell Bill, Stephenie, Wyck, Melissa that they did right by us.

One thing I want to mention is how much more of Kristen there was in Bella when she was both with Edward (the laughs and smiles and kisses were more passionate) and Jacob (I loved it when she jumped at him at the wedding). I loved it. I will attribute this to how much closer she is with Rob even now and how tight she is with Taylor in real life. For me, it really showed. Kristen made Bella seem more alive than ever before.

• I agree with everything you said. I believe the ” dog bowl” might fit better in the next movie,when the scenes are not so intense with Bella’s pregnancy. It will be out of order in relationship with the book, but we can relax and laugh more in the first part of the next film. The ” blond jokes” are funny also. In a video clip several months ago I saw Kristen run at Taylor in the same way as in the movie and jump in his arms, they also did mock boxing with each other. The flash backs Bella had after their 1st night together was very,very sensitive and touching. Did you all notice Bella had the blanket Renee made for her covering her legs on the sofa at the Cullens’ Home? I have seen the movie twice and plan on going again a few more times. Once I see the movie for the first time I can relax, watch and listen for more details. We are very blessed as fans that everyone involved with this amazing series cares about the end result for everyone.

• smitten_by_twilight says:

I heard that they filmed it, so we’ll have to check the DVD!

• smitten_by_twilight says:

I heard that they filmed the dog bowl scene, so we’ll have to check the DVD!

23. I heard they cut back on the bedroom scene and THAT will be on the DVD…hope they get smart and do a LOTR, extended version please!!

24. Hi,
    I thought this was a beautiful movie, and I loved the acting in it. I thought the reviewer from Rolling Stone was unfair and unprofessional, yet I was dissapointed in the music choices and screenwriting. I wish it were more consisitant with the earlier film choices and the book. What happened to the narration in the first two movies, and the continuity ? I did enjoy it though.

25. In the book Alice sends Aro a wedding announcement. Is that not what he gets in the scenes during credits? so how could Carlisle’s name be spelled incorrectly? what’s the deal about grammar that upsets Aro so much?
    A previous post mentioned that what she brought Aro was announcement of Bella’s transformation – who would have sent that and misspelled Carlisle’s name? or was it like a phone message that she misspelled name? and who would have called them with that news? and still what grammar thing?
    Without seeing the note that whole scenes during credits didn’t make any sense to me. Certainly doesn’t set up things for part 2.

• Jessica Johanna says:

it was probably a phone message that the girl misspelled… again as a I said before the two scenes with the Volturi are completely different, one Gianna gets the wedding invitation to them (The director Bill Condon said they cut it out cuz it didnt go with the flow of the movie) and this one at the end of the credits is an announcement of Bella’s transformation, it is obvious by the conversation between Aro, Caius and marcus….. this girl is a new girl in replacement of Gianna, cuz the killed her ;).

• Erin Hamersley Winkler says:

I’m guessing it’s a teaser for when Carlisle calls to let them know Bella is a vampire (the receptionist took a message … I can’t blame them there- I despise spelling errors)…… the invitation doesn’t really make sense. I wondered why the brunette in the trailer (she was brunette in NM too) and the blonde in the movie. I guess it makes sense if they killed Gianna, but why they would choose that scene as a teaser to BD2 I don’t know.

26. Sara Williams says:

Its very possible that some of the scenes could wind up in the next movie i’ve seen that happen before in trilogies and stuff like that. Its very possible that both Taylor being thrown and the other volturi scene could wind up in part two.

27. I don’t recall seeing the part from the trailer (at 2:09) where they show Charlie in a brown suit jacket crying presumably over Bella’s “condition” (since he doesn’t realize she’s pregnant). I don’t think it was in the actual film anyway.

• Olympic coven says:

Charlie looked at Bella in a coffin. Thus us when Jacob was trying to figure how they’d explain her disappearance

• Olympic coven says:

• Olympic Coven says:

Charlie looked at Bella in a coffin. This was when Jacob was trying to figure how they’d explain her disappearance.

28. One of the Volturi was interviewed at the premiere and he said their scene was cut from the movie because it was too violent. So that is why the scene of them throwing the girl did not make it. Second he said stay in your seats during the credits there is a little fun scene with us. The one we saw during the credits was the new version of the old scene that was cut because it was too harsh!

29. OMG! I cannot believe that the sence with Edward trowing Jacob into the wall was cut! Where do u think that sence was placed in the movie, at what point?

30. Where was the scene where Jake leaves and tries to imprint at the park. After he sees Edward and bella cooing over their baby, Edward throws him the keys. This time Carlise calls him downstairs to talk. It was weird!

31. i’m so glad these were noticed by someone – i’ve been thinking about this a lot since I saw the movie. I was actually was focusing on the scenes showed here in the photos, because i heard Bill say somewhere they had cut out the volturi scenes and put a clip about them after the credits on purpose. So i didn’t really expect to see the Volturi in the movie. Since they had scenes to cut I would assume those would be on the DVD.
    i really really hope the omelet scene is on the DVD (anyone else see the eggs on her plate?) plus there was a behind the scene clip released that showed her kissing him in that scene, and another photo released by entertainment weekly that had him holding her chin. It all looked like it was the same – same clothes, same set. Anyway, I can’t wait to find out!

32. This is not a scene but where were Edwards sparkles?? I missed that. :(

• Don’t worry, you aren’t alone, but I didn’t really miss them. I mean, if he’d been sparkling all over the island, it would have been distracting as heck, and who wanted to be distracted from the humor of watching Bella chasing her husband around and trying to take her clothes off? (That was HILARIOUS!)

I justify it this way – in the book, she never mentions him sparkling on their honeymoon (at least, not that I saw when I reread it about an hour ago), so she’s probably so used to it by now that it’s nothing new. Since the story is from her point of view, and she’s not really mentioning it, it was okay to leave it out.

Okay, so that’s a crappy justification, but seriously, too much sparkling in there would have been distracting. I’m sure newborn Bella will do some sparkling in part 2, though. :)

33. The one scene that was cut from the teaser trailer is the part where Gil, Jacob’s father, looks at the Invitation. While looking at it for no more than two or three seconds, it is apparent the Invitation is actually laminated to make it water proof. After seeing the movie several times myself, the actual movie only shows Gil pick up the Invitation and then it immediately pans to Charlie looking down at his invitation with his face somewhat reluctant a second after. It was so fast, but I noticed that this teaser trailer had to cut that part out of the movie, because not everyone received a water proof, laminated copy of the Invitation! It is a wonderul movie and have seen it three times already. Going to see it 7 more, just like all of the rest of the series. Perhaps, in Canada and other countries for different effects, in both sound and lighting.

34. 1.) The bantering between Rosalie and Jacob!! I would love to have seen that!!
    2.) Alice telling Bella go to your “happy place”.
    3.) Alice being annoying at the wedding!!
    – interrupting Bella and Edward kissing
    4.) Longer wedding scenes
    5.) Longer honeymoon scenes
    – omelets
    – Bella telling Edward “I know what you are up too trick!!”
    6.) Jacob’s reaction when Seth keeps Bella warm!!

35. Lynne Stringer says:

I just hope we get it all on the DVD! We’d better at least get the scenes with Charlie and Renee and Carlisle!

36. Man, I feel like I’m always obsessing over Edward on this site, but I seriously hate it how they always cut his scenes. I was so p*ssed that they cut his scene in Eclipse after Bella and Jacob kiss. And in this one I really wanted to see more honeymoon (i.e. omlets) and the Edward throwing Jacob moment. I was so happy that he was finally going to do something physical to Jacob. Bah. Oh well… Still LOVED the movie. Can’t have it all I guess. Although I would watch it for 6 hrs if they’d make it that long.

37. I want to see the throwing Jacob scene in the dvd! I had totally forgotten that. I think they did an amazing job!! All fans should be proud of what these movies have given us.

38. The one thing that bugged me about the movie is that they forgot it was a first person narrative. Bella only narrates the opening quote. We never hear her after that. Also they could improve on the wolf telepathy in the next one. It sounded too comical in this one.

39. ..now it answers my question i was really confuse why some of the scenes are not in the movie buts its ok at least the important events was put together perfectly..it was funny when it comes on the honeymonn scene then bella woke up in the morning and their room looks like theres a hurricane thats strike..i still love the movie and i cant wait to see the part 2 and yes i hope that in the DVD there will be no cuts..please!!

40. 140 million in box office. Woo Hoo! Now the critics can shut their pie holes.

41. When can we Pre-Order the DVD. I hope it has all the stuff that did not make the final cut. I Hope it has the “leak video” footage. (you know the one that would have gotten this movie a R rating.) *wink wink*

42. 3/4 of the leaked sex scenes didn’t make it. I’m looking forward to those. Hehe!

43. I have already seen it 3 times and will go back this weekend. Now i am thinking before this weekend. Gah! I got to stop. I am sick. I have 20 people coming over for Thanksgiving and i have not been able to get anything done cause i spent my weekend in the theater. Yep, i need help.

44. I wanted to see when Edward and Bella tell Charlie about their engagement.

45. I Think that the clip with Edward throwing Jacob against the wall,will maybe be in BD pt2,when he knows that he has imprinted on Renesemie? Mawbe?

46. i was wondering why didn’t Edward shimmer and sparkle in the sun when he was in asme island did you guys notice that . and wasn’t in the first book that edward told bella about his past not in the forth ? am not sure

• You may be right about Edward’s backstory in the first book but I remember Robert saying he wished they would have explained his story earlier and Bill Condon heard that and decided to put it here (I guess in a way for Bella to be sure if that what she wants before she goes thru it, which ultimately leads to her nightmare before her wedding). I noticed that he says ‘look at yourself in the mirror a YEAR from now (coincides with part 2 being released a year from now) and she would be a vampire, how will she as a newborn???….so I tried to see it that way.

47. i was wondering why didn’t Edward shimmer and sparkle in the sun when he was in asme island did you guys notice that??????????????????????????

48. Gabriela Santos says:

THANK YOU! Pretty much cleared a lot of doubts. BUT! What about the scene that Charlie was crying, it was obviously not for Edward. I’m just curious, why?

49. Hay they didn’t put in the weaned with Alice and and Jacob there the best part in the book that’s the only reason I stopples new moon and I’m. Pissed about it (and yes I’m team Alice/Jacob)