Twilight Saga Graphic Novels Cover Side-By-Side Comparison

Check out what happens when you line up the covers of The Twilight: Graphic Novel Volume 1 with the newly released image of Volume 2. What do you think of the art by Young Kim picking up on Stephenie Meyer’s description? Do you like the idea of the meadow scene being on the cover?

Comments

1. I think that’s so sweet !!!

2. Yes, I love the meadow on the front. It’s the most important chapter of the whole book.

3. Miranda says:

This is so sweet!! Love it!!

• i love it to i think they should make twilight into a t.v show, that will be fun to, i just watch the new movie today it was cool as well as the others, but if they make it into a t.v show we dont have to wait so long to watch the movie, but so sad there not making the movies no more, so i lol have to move on with my life

4. I like the meadow scene being on the cover because i feel like that’s where it all started. It establishes their relationship! :D

5. Ahhh, how cute.

6. I love this! The art is cool and love that the meadow is represented on the cover. Now this probably means I have to get both, eh? ;)

7. yes! omg it looks sooo beautiful! !

8. that is awesome. i wonder 3&4 will be of.

9. Nice! But when does it come out?

10. MeyaRose says:

This isn’t new… you could see this in the Official Guide…

11. smitten_by_twilight says:

Beautiful art, best Edward I’ve seen yet IMHO.

12. Looks awesome, and I hope that the image is made available as a poster. Young Kim has done a terrific job of adapting the book and illustrating the Guide with her style that has the sleekness of the Asian style but avoids excesses of exaggeration. It should endure as canonical imagery of the Twilight series.

The meadow scene is the centerpiece of Stephenie Meyer’s lasting contribution to the romance, supernatural, and vampire genres. I don’t literally believe in the supernatural, but if I did I’d say that her dream of the meadow is of genuine vampiric inspiration. (I came to Twilight as longtime fan of the vampire genre with a lot skepticism, but I was won over by the first movie and the books.)

13. Verna Sanders says:

Love it! The meadow scene is where it all begins.

14. Kathryn says:

Ummmm, not quite. It looks like part of Edward’s hand is missing.

But I love the artwork in the graphic novels and in the official guide. And I LOVE the meadow scene being on the cover. That’s always been my favorite moment from Twilight, and my second favorite in the series as a whole (first being the final scene in Breaking Dawn).

• SugaryGiggles says:

I thought part of his hand was missing, too, until I looked at the cover up close… it’s actually the sleeve of Bella’s shirt, the shadowed inside of it.

15. It looks awesome, and I’m stoked to get it.

Although Bella doesn’t lie down in the Meadow in the original book. She is sitting on the ground, because she doesn’t want to look away from seeing Edward in the sunlight…?

16. I love that both covers show the meadow scene,to me the central part of what Twilight is all about. I love the graphics, beautiful!

17. sparklevamp says:

I actually knew it would do that. :) If you look on the very edge of the first cover, there’s a random hand sticking at an awkward angle that Bella’s hand can’t bend (plus the hand is a lighter skin tone than hers and too masculine), so I figured a long time ago that the next cover would be of him lazily holding her hand. :) Woo! I’m right!

18. Elizabeth (EverythingRemindsMeOfTwilight) says:

I thought they might do this from the Guide too, and I like how the meadow is featured since that’s where Stephenie Meyer’s dream started. Really neat! Love it!

19. This is so awesome! The covers are beautiful and I LOVE that they chose to represent the meadow scene on the front.It’s my favourite scene of the book.

20. LOVE IT LOVE IT LOVE IT

21. CullenCoven says:

It’s soo pretty! I love the illustrations Young Kim has made in both the graphic novels and the guide!

22. il disegno è carino!se lo vuole in versione manga?Be pùò sempre chiederlo a me e cioè twilight in versione fumetto manga

23. It all started in the meadow, so it makes sense that image is on the cover. I’m really excited for Vol. 2 to come out!!

24. LOVE it! I think it’s neat and creative. The meadow is basically what started the whole saga…so I wouldn’t want anything else on the cover!

25. mariana says:

i love it! it’s soooo romantic! i really love it!! <333 :D

26. Ana Mercado says:

Very nice idea. Reminds me a little of the Mad Comic books . Now I’m dating myself! But as a Graphic Artist, I can appreciate this. It captures the essence of their love, and reminded me of my own first love!

27. Aww this is so adorable!! :) It’s a perfect idea ~ I love it!! <3 :)

28. I love the idea of the meadow scene on the cover after all it was the dream that prompted stephanie meyer to start writing in the first place. i must say though i am not a graphic novel fan but these are definately an exception to my distaste for them.

29. this books or awsome!!!!!