Massive Breaking Dawn Casting Update

Summit LogoThis just in from Summit Entertainment:

Summit Entertainment announced today the following have been cast in THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN for roles in The Amazon Coven, The Egyptian Coven, The Irish Coven and The Romanian Coven as well as the American and European Nomads as outlined below.

THE AMAZON COVEN
· The Amazon Coven is comprised of Tracey Heggins as Senna and Judi Shekoni as Zafrina.

· Among the oldest vampires in the world, Senna and Zafrina are descendants of an ancient Amazonian tribe.  They have lived outside of civilization for centuries and therefore make no attempt to keep up a human facade. Though they drink human blood, the Amazons have long been allies of Carlisle.

THE EGYPTIAN COVEN
· The Egyptian Coven is comprised of:
o Omar Metwally (RENDITION, MUNICH) as Amun.
o Andrea Gabriel (Lost, House) as Kebi.
o Rami Malek (NIGHT AT THE MUSEUM) as Benjamin.
o Angela Sarafyan (LOVE HURTS, THE GOOD GUYS) as Tia.

· The Egyptian Coven consists of Amun, Kebi, Benjamin, and Tia, with Amun as the leader. It is stated that even though they are not a biological family, they could pass for one. Amun is extremely protective of his family and fearful of Aro.

THE IRISH COVEN
· The Irish Coven is comprised of Marlane Barnes (THE TREE OF LIFE) as Maggie, Lisa Howard as Siobhan and Patrick Brennan as Liam.

· The Irish Coven, a relatively young group, was founded by Siobhan and Liam, but Maggie’s talent made her an important element of it. They are not vegetarian but they are civilized.

THE ROMANIAN COVEN
· The Romanian Coven is comprised of Noel Fisher (THE PACIFIC, FINAL DESTINATION 2) as Vladimir and Guri Weinberg (MUNICH) as Stefan.

· The Romanian Coven is one of the oldest covens in the world and they were the ruling vampire family until they were unseated by the Volturi.  For that reason they harbor a centuries old resentment of the Italian coven.

THE AMERICAN NOMADS
· The American Nomads are comprised of:
o Lee Pace as Garrett (Pushing Daisies, THE GOOD SHEPHERD).
o Toni Trucks (MUSIC AND LYRICS) as Mary.
o Bill Tangradi (Terminator: The Sarah Connor Chronicles) as Randall.
o Erik Odom as Peter.
o Valorie Curry (Veronica Mars) as Charlotte.

· Turned during the Revolutionary War, Garrett has chosen to live a nomadic existence, wandering the world on his own. Garrett has never lost the rebellious spirit of his human life, and loves a good fight, always rooting for the underdog. Though not a vegetarian, Garrett is among Carlisle’s closest and oldest friends.

· Mary and Randall are American nomadic vampires.

· Peter and Charlotte are nomadic vampires and mates.  They were created during the aftermath of the Southern Vampire Wars, in which Jasper was a key player.  They have remained friends with Jasper ever since.

THE EUROPEAN NOMADS
· The European Nomads are comprised of Joe Anderson (THE CRAZIES) as Alistair

· A nomadic vampire from England, Alistair has a misanthropic, brooding personality and a deep mistrust of all authority.  Although he counts Carlisle as his closest acquaintance, he doesn’t visit more than once a century.

Comments

1. OMG!! Info overload!!!! loving all this news!

2. Breaking Dawn is going to have a cast of thousands…

3. Twilight9009 says:

This is awesome news! I am not only happy because of the cast being announced, but also because all of these characters will be in the film :)

4. I’m loving this. Its hard to have to flip back and forth to google everyone, but I’m loving everyone they have!

5. I was friends with Marlane Barnes (Maggie) in high school and college- she’s great! I’ve known through facebook that she was playing Maggie for several weeks, but I’m glad it’s out now so I can brag about knowing her!

6. its great to see it all coming together, and great to see that they are including all the vamp witness’s. still such a long wait tho…..x

7. WOAH this is a lot of information for one post. I think they did a great job with the Amazonians and the Egyptians!

• Lunna san says:

I disagree. The Amazonian cast is all wrong. If they wanted to pick American actors, they should have looked among the Native American ones or maybe some Latin American actress. Summit’s cast choices looks great, but they doesn’t look as the Amazon people at all. I knew this would happen whith the Amazon clan.

• Why is the nationality of the actors an issue? Zafrina looks EXACTLY as described in the book – long nose, long limbs all the way! How do they fix that, even? “Casting for Zafrina: tall girls, long noses, long limbs, etc” Lol. I don’t understand why you’re upset – they seem perfect to me :) What is the most important; skin color/nationality or that the actor fits the part? ;)

• Lunna-san says:

It’s not about nationality. It’s about ethnicity. Zafrina comes from the Brazilian Amazon, right? She’s from native tribe. There are many African descendants in that part of Brazil. Just because it’s dark skinned, doesn’t mean it’s the same stuff.

I’m not saying that it should have been a Amazon actress. But a Latin actress would have suited better.

• Lunna-san says:

* There are NOT many African descendants in that part of Brazil, I meant.

• I actually lost a bet on the Amazon casting. Someone told me that because that clan was from the “jungle”, wore skins, and were “less civilized” than other vampires, they would cast them as Black. I disagreed heartily because clearly Summit would find actors that more reflected the indigenous people of the Amazon. They wouldn’t dare be that insensitive. Yeahhh, I lost. Go figure.

8. I like them all except for Mary and Randall. Totally not what I imagined, also Noel Fisher as Vladimir is a bit too young for what I imagined.
    The best was Marlane Barnes as Maggie, she is perfect!

• Gigi Cullen says:

Lisa, I agree. He does seem a bid too young for the roll of a vampire so old. He’sthe only one I’m not really feelin’ And the Amazon Clan is awesome. Can’t wait to see them in action.

9. This is great. Maggie is great. Can’t you see her with her red curls telling them that Aro is lying! Can’t wait.

10. Wow this movie is going to be awesome !!!

11. SOoooooooooooo EXCITED!!!!!!!!!=D
    I am literally bouncing off my walls right now!!!!(:
    So suprised/excited Noel Fisher is going to be in it!!I’ve seen him on a few different TV shows before and I think he’ll do a really good job!!!(:

12. i LOVE the amazons!! SO PERFECT!

little disappointed in garret but i’m sure they’ll do him up.

13. I am so excited about this cast! This is going to be AMAZING:)

14. OMG.. and how perfect is Benjamin?!!!

15. wowwwwww looks like the entire vampire index has been cast XD

16. TwilightRocks!!!! says:

Why oh WHY is James Franco not on this list? I was really really really hoping all that twilight talk in his interviews was because he wanted a role. boo. :(

17. I’m so happy that Lee Pace got Garret. I adore him! Great cast list…our movie is happening!

18. I am extremely excited everything is finally rolling cant wait to see how it all pans out Cant wait to see what they actually keep from the book <3

19. so excited with the choices! i thought the romanian coven would be older actors.. & i was completely thrown off by lee pace as a choice for garret. i pictured more cowboy-rough. but lovee them all! sooo excited for breaking dawn! favorite book by farrr! :)

20. I am so excited now!! I love Joe anderson and Angela Sarafyan. I knew she would be popular way back when I saw her cell phone commercial like 5 years ago. Joe was perfect in Across the universe and Becoming Jane. I actually see him as Garrett more than Lee Pace (who is also a wonderful actor). But both will be excellent as their characters.

21. Wow, most of these people I have no idea who they are and are not what I expected.

22. I’m wondering If this is the WHOLE cast of the vampires evaisr one of my favorite characters isn’t listed. Kate. Where’s Kate?? Lol

23. TexasGreatGrams says:

So glad to read that so many of the covens are going to be in the movie. Hopefully that means “more” rather than “less” of the book will be included in the movies. Hard to wait-but I know it will be worth it.

24. I cannot wait for the Lexicon to post their pictures with their *vampire eye colors*

I am so excited!! It means that Breaking Dawn is that much closer to us.

25. It is just perfect! I am sooo happy! Summit finally cast great actor and they all fit their characters perfectly.
    I’m sooo excited!

26. What a fantastic cast list. SO many actors from so many of my other favorite shows. WTG Summit.

27. liz raine says:

once again they NAIL it with amazing casting! lee pace AND joe anderson?! i can’t even handle it!

so, so stoked!

28. AMAZING! I LOVE who they cast as Garrett…WONDERFUL! The casting has been picked very well. The only one I am not sure of is the guy they chose for Vladimir. I am so happy:)

29. maca caceres says:

aaaaa!! this is so awesome!!! i wanna see lee pace and joe anderson!!!, they’re part of my favorite actors!!!
    loved pushing daisies and across the universe!!!!! =]

30. Andrea Gabriel had an autograph booth at Comic Con this year and she was all alone while I was standing in line for Kiowa Gordon. That will change.

31. i can’t believe noel fisher went from being toad on ‘x-men: evolution’ to being a vampire lol

• Haha I agree,and Final Destination…and i LOVE him and the Romanian Coven.

All the actors are great.

• Twimomella says:

Noel Fisher wasn’t Toad on “X-Men”. Ray Park was and he also played Darth Sith on “Star Wars: The Phantom Menace.” (I think Ray Park is hot!!!) But Noel Fisher was the bully (the one afraid of the singing frog in a kilt)in “Max Keebler’s Big Move” waaaay back in the day. My kids have worn out that DVD, I wonder if it still even plays.
      Now, Noel Fisher was the VOICE actor of Toad on the animated X-men TV series but that didn’t sound like what you were talking about.

32. Where to begin so many PHENOMINAL actors!!! I absolutely adore Lee Pace, he was great in Pushing Dasies! Omar Metwally is one of my favorite actors, absolutely brilliant. And Marlane Barnes is just beautiful! I’m really excited about all the choices!

33. I totally loved Pushing Daisies but wow, can’t imagine Ned as Garrett! Hope Lee can pull it off.

34. Joe Anderson! Lee Pace! *swoon* I still have to look up some more of the pics for the actors! I can’t find one for Peter’s actor? I did see some of this one guy, but he would DEFFINATLY not play Peter. Anyways, loving it!

35. So I guess no one over the age of 30 has ever become a vampire! ;-) In my mind some of these characters were more “mature”…..especially the Romanians.

• yeah me too, valdmir in my head looks like an older version of the guy cast as stefan in my mind.

• DUDE!! I was just going to write exactly that! Thank you. Like there’s still some great and good picks in the mix but the only “mature” ones that come to what I imagine they should be is Amun. If not alittle older. He is one of the only ones close to their true “birth age”. Like is Summit afraid to cast older ppl???

36. Umm Wait.. Where is Kachiri? Was she cut? I mean if so what a lame cut to make. I mean cut mary or randall before her, their roles are pretty small compared to her.

37. Where is Kachiri? Was she cut? If so thats not the best character to cut. I mean she has a pretty important role compared to others that could have been cut. Like Mary or Randall

38. hey where is nahuel,huilen and kachiri?i hope they are going to be casted soon.

39. Have I missed something ? Where’s Kachiri ?

40. I’m not happy with the Peter casting. I don’t see Erik Odom as Peter at all. Charlotte’s is okay. The best I think is Lee Pace as Garrett!

41. FUNFUNFUN!
    LOVE Maggie, ZAFRINA (HOW did they get someone looking so accurately?!?! :O), Benjamin (Lol, I actually only knew him from the gay guy on the war at home! :P)! Everyone fits, but these are my fav’s. Had a harder time imagioning Garrett, always saw him as a huge, buffed guy like Emmett with dreads, lol. Except that, AWESOME, FANTASTIC JOB Summit!! Sooo cool that they work so hard to get it exactly like the books! :D:D December 2011 is waaayy to far away!

42. what about kachiri amazon coven, the two on isle esme gustavo and kaure and what about charles and makenna also two new wolf brady and colin and the other member sulpicia, athenodora, renata, santiago, corin chelsea, afton and heidi and what about the humans mr and mrs weber and isaec and joshua weber, max, jason scott jenks, rachel black, claire, who’s and playing phil dwyer
    who playing them

43. Look at all these people!!!!!!
    How great for Rob and Kristen. They can phone in their 2 minutes on screen and just stay home.

44. SOOOOOOO excited about Lee Pace as Garrett! I’ve only him in Miss Pettigrew, but MAN was he hunky and charming in that movie – perfect for Garrett :)

…now I’ll have to start bracing myself for hotness overload…

45. LEE PACE!!! pERFECT. he will do a super job!

1. […] to <a href=http://www.twilightlexicon.com/?p=21117>Twilight Lexicon</a> for the heads up! Tweet This entry was posted on Thursday, […]

2. […] lion-and-lamb.de & maliciousmandysmind.blogspot.com & gossip-dance.blogspot.com & twilightlexicon.com Gepostet am Oct 13 von fancygirl in Breaking Dawn,Co-Stars,Internet | 0 […]