Twilight Parody Vampire Musical Meets Glee!

This is just sheer GENIUS! If we were in the Chicago area we’d be calling for tickets right now. You absolutely have to visit this website and see the video of “Don’t Stop Bleeding”

The description from the Chicago AV Club is great, but the video does it more justice.

“The kids over at Gorilla Tango Theatre have really got their finger on the pulse with True Twilight: A Glee Club Musical, premièring Sept. 1. Combining all the best camp from True Blood, Twilight, Glee, and High School Musical, this play should hit the spot for any fangbanger, Gleek, or respectable adult woman who thinks Robert Pattinson is the cat’s pajamas.

The plot’s wacky, so hang in there: Suckie Stickhouse moves to Wiccan Park and finds herself torn asunder by two swarthy but boring dudes, Ted Mullen and Shirts On The Ground. While she hems and haws over the impossible choice, she bides her time by trying out for the local musical, where she draws the ire of Rachel Sharpay, town priss. Hijinks ensue, songs are sung, and somehow Bill Nye The Science Guy helps solve everyone’s problems.”

So go check it out!

There’s a really limited run on this show. Tickets are pretty resonable for live theater.

Gorilla Tango Theatre
1919 N Milwaukee Ave
Chicago, IL 60647
773-598-4549

• Wed Sep 1 9:30 pm
    True Twilight: A Glee Musical at Gorilla Tango Theatre Gorilla Tango Theatre 1919 N Milwaukee Ave, Chicago, IL
  • Wed Sep 8 9:30 pm
  • Wed Sep 15 9:30 pm
  • Wed Sep 22 9:30 pm

$12 for Tickets

Comments

1. Twilight dreamers says:

LOL the video is very funny!

2. PixieCullen36 says:

“Close your windows in the night” LOL

3. Mandybandy says:

This is amazing! hahaha!

4. Yay finally something for us Chicagoans!! Def going to check this out!

5. I’m there!

6. this was only funny in that, are you serious kind of way. the acoustics is bad while im sure they sound good the voices and slapping is bouncing off the walls and that wooden floor all wrong.

7. Vancouverite says:

A group of high school kids in Vancouver, BC also did something like this in June, it was completely produced by students and it got amazing reviews!

Here’s the link to their Facebook page:

8. AHHHH!!!! I live in the Chicago area!! AND I CAN’T AFFORD TO GO!!! WAH!!!! :(

9. You do know that this has some inappropriate content in the song, and you should put a warning on it. Definitly not for kids!!

• Definitely sorry I recommended this parody to my kids before I checked it out. My kids aren’t that young, but they’ll be saying, “Mom suggested we check out WHAT?!”

• I agree this song is definitely not for kids. I was listening to it with a 5 year old in the room and was actually turned off by it. I agree there should be a warning placed on it.

10. Oh My God, I couldn’t stop laughing!!!!! The lyrics are great, and it really does get stuck in your head!

11. howlingsnow says:

Well,that sucked. Sucked on so many levels.

12. Noah Brighten says:

I got to the part of *(Glitter (you know what)* and then turned it off. I guess raunchy is suppose to equal funny… it doesn’t in my book…

13. Stupid Shiny Volvo Driver says:

LOL!!! I’ll never be able to listen to that Journey song again without thinking of this!
    Thanks!

14. Just wondering if eBay permits you to market concert tickets on the net? Do you know if you will discover any restrictions depending on what country you’re in?

My parents have just known as me and asked if i could “get rid” of their two tickets to some concert as they wont have the ability to make it due to an additional family event.

Besides asking buddies etc, i thought ebay would be an excellent place to market them.

But whats ebay’s policy on selling tickets? Ive heard alot about it around the news but ive forgotten what happened.

and if it matters, the concert is within this coming month

Thanks ahead of time for your advice.

15. drummerfoss says:

I didn’t like it. They’re not getting much positive feedback on the website.

1. [...] Thanks to and read the rest at Twilight Lexicon [...]