Breaking Dawn Filming Locations Confirmed

This just in from Summit:

Summit Logo

Summit Entertainment’s THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN will be filmed in both Baton Rouge, Louisiana and Vancouver over the next year starting this fall. The next chapter of THE TWILIGHT SAGA will be released as two separate films with the first of the two slated to be released in theatres on November 18, 2011.

Academy Award® winner Bill Condon will direct both films starring Kristen Stewart, Robert Pattinson and Taylor Lautner along with Billy Burke as Charlie Swan as well as returning members of the Cullen Family including Peter Facinelli as Carlisle, Elizabeth Reaser as Esme, Jackson Rathbone as Jasper, Nikki Reed as Rosalie, Ashley Greene as Alice and Kellan Lutz as Emmett.

The project, based on the fourth novel in author Stephenie Meyer’s Twilight series, is currently being written by Melissa Rosenberg with Wyck Godfrey, Karen Rosenfelt and Stephenie Meyer producing.

THE TWILIGHT SAGA: BREAKING DAWN illuminates the secrets and mysteries of this spellbinding romantic epic that has entranced millions.

There is no specific information as to exactly what will be filmed in which location.  There is speculation that since Jacob’s House, the Quileute beach, and the meadow physically exist in the Vancouver area that those locations would likely be used again. Interiors could obviously be built in either location. Bella’s house is a modular, transportable unit. It too could be in either location. Scene on Isle Esme and in the hunt for Cullen supporters in the confrontation could lend themselves nicely to Louisiana geography.

Comments

1. SO GOING SET HUNTING IN LOUISIANA

2. switzy4ever14 says:

Sounds cool. I’m pumped.

3. wow this is so cool. in a year and a 5 months were going to see bella and edward get married and have sex on their honeymoon. and see jacobs story also. wow this is so cool. i really can’t wait

• mschicklet says:

No, you probably won’t see anything resembling sex or even really implying sex. Unfortunately.

• Meemomoo says:

I’m sure the implied sex will be there, probably more interesting/ impactful than actually showing any… **feathers have been promised**

• Meemomoo says:

I love the way you wrote “Wedding, Sex and Honeymoon, YAY!!! Oh yeah, and Jacob is in there too…” at least that’s how my brain read it, made me chuckle. :)

4. I am definitely planning on roadtrippin’ over to Baton Rouge. I’m SO excited about this!

• Omg, I agree, finally a ‘chance’ to visit a set, stand for hours in the heat or cold, waiting for a glimpse of one of my favorite characters get into a car a mile away zip by…count me in.lol Finally they will not be a world away.

5. Oh no!!! We gotta wait for more than a year before the first part gets released! How will I survive??!!

6. wow I’ll be in college when it comes out..! can’t wait :)

7. Vampire-girl says:

I had a feeling it would be November considering Harry Potter out in June, which is a good thing as hopefully they wont rush ooh so exciting wonder when they going to start filming, well we’ll all have to rewatch twilight and new moon and re read the books to get our fix

8. Jessica says:

wow, that is stupid.

they are gonna have fans all over their camp site which will just hold them back even more. i dont even get why people stalk them outside flim sets…. let them do their job.

9. Twilight dreamer says:

Oh wow! So going to louisianna! Cannot wait! Btw) cannot wait to see how they do the honeymoon for bd ;) Lets also hope a year won’t pass so slow!!

10. This may sound completly nuts… But does somebody know where I can get information about the casting auditions for Breaking Dawn?
    Because I don’t live in America, so I was going to make a video tape and send it as my audition, but I don’t know where I have to send it to…
    Can anyone help me plz? :)

11. McKee21 says:

I wonder why the picked Louisiana? The whole thing could have been done mostly in Vancouver like the other 3. Just wondering…….

• I imagine they’ll film the Isle Esme scenes in Louisiana and maybe they’ll be showing when Alice and Jasper go to the Amazon looking for Nahuel.

• mek mek says:

because of LA’s recent (as in the past 5 yrs) problems with hurricane and other disasters the government is giving and has been giving for a while now tax deductions to companies filming there.

12. I go to LSU, i can’t believe that I’m going to be so close!! I never thought anything like that could happen in the same city I’m actually in! If people want to send me tips on how to find set locations, that would be appreciated!

13. la_petite_femme says:

I can’t believe how incredibly spoiled us Twilight fans have been, not waiting more than a year for the films to come out. How will I survive????

14. MeyaRose says:

Why are they filming in Louisiana? I’m confused. What scenes would be good there?

15. I hope they find a good location for isle esme and not rip us off on the beach. In the book they are there for weeks snorkling and all kinds of beach stuff so I hope its good.

• Yeah, swimming on the beach drenched in oil!

• melissa says:

IDK whether to be offended or think you don’t know geography. Baton Rouge is NOT affected with OIL. The capital is hundreds of miles inland. Not only is thee LA coastline is affected, but 3 other states. It is an environmental nightmare that will take DECADES, or more for mother nature to right.

Besides, they aren’t filming outdoor scenes, from what I’ve read, its indoor closed sets.

16. They are filming scenes in Louisiana using indoor sets. A lot of states offer really good tax breaks for film companies.

In an interview with producer Wyck Godfrey, he said that the tax credits were a factor in filming in Louisiana (Jump to 8:02 in video; http://www.twilightlexicon.com/2010/07/01/collider-wyck-godfrey-breaking-dawn-preparation/ ).

Here is a bit about tax breaks for filmmakers in Louisiana:

“Louisiana’s Backlash

Not everyone has been thrilled with the glitz and glamour of Hollywood and tax incentives. Taxpayers in Louisiana were shocked to learn they were subsidizing Brad Pitt’s latest movie to the tune of $27 million, which the producers will receive when they cash in or sell off tax credits.

The state’s 25 percent tax credit made Louisiana the third-most popular state in which to make movies, behind only California and New York. To attract even more filming—and in hopes of establishing a long-term industry—the state offers a 40 percent tax credit on construction costs of film-related facilities.

That generous credit has left some lawmakers concerned taxpayers will be subsidizing Hollywood far more lavishly than was ever intended. Some estimates put all the planned film-related building at $1.4 billion. Louisiana Economic Development Secretary Stephen Moret told a legislative panel it was in the hundreds of millions of dollars.

State Sen. Robert Adley (R-Benton) said it was time to “tighten up” the law so studios could not stretch building facilities for years while continuing to get tax breaks.”

Found at:

17. This news has made me so excited to see the film.I’m picturing it in my head already.Waiting for it to be released next yr is gonna be unbearable!

18. I really liked the Twilight Soundtrack. When I heard it for the first time I knew that the Eclipse movie would be amazing. And I wasn’t wrong. I loved it and it was, beyond a doubt, the best movie of the saga so far. I cannot wait for the first part of the fourth movie to come out. And if I’m not wrong that is in Novembeer of 2011. While I’m waiting I king of got hooked on this other movie called The Incubus. You should check it out. Now they are having a promotion, and you can download one of the songs from the soundtrack free! You should check it out, it’s an amazing song. Here’s the link: http://bit.ly/9dntTz

19. Breaking Dawn was by far the worst of the 4 books. I am really hoping the movie can make the book better. I am hoping the “sex” will be done in a tasteful, classy manner. I am also wondering how they will be able to show the birth without making it look like a scene out of Aliens. I am keeping the faith that Mr. Condon will go all out to please the fans. Im not sure Melissa Rosenberg has out best interest at heart, but we shall see. Im CROSSING MY FINGERS!

20. Woke up this morning to see the headlines in our Baton Rouge paper about Breaking Dawn filming here. I just started screaming and my family came running. I think I’m going to die of happiness!

21. I really love twilight Breaking Dawn book, so bring it on. I live near Baton Rogue and can tell you I will be going down there to see if I can get autographs from the cast. I am already going through a twilight withdrawal from seeing Eclipse two times, this wait is killing me. I know they are starting in late October to early November so it will be geting cold in Baton Rogue, and yes it does snow in Baton Rogue.

22. Lauriesiana says:

Evelyn… I had the same reaction as you when I first found out. :) Pretty amazing huh? melissa… loved your response! Thank you!
    I would love to go check out the set while they’re filming out here. The Twilight actors and directors have said in interviews that they’ve quite enjoyed seeing the fans around and appreciate their loyalty and support. It’s the loud ‘in your face’ paparazzi they wish weren’t around all the time.

23. YES!!! I live about an hour from Baton Rouge, LA and I am SO excited about them filming here. I mean, really…out of alllll the places they could film Breaking Dawn? LUCKYYY =D

24. hey does anyone know when they are filming in each city i was hoping to book a flight from the uk to get out there but i would be gutted if i didnt get to see the set. also does anyone have any tips on how to find sets?

25. Brianna B says:

OMG!! I have OTD,ONMD,and OED! I live in Louisiana so this’ll be just AMAZING!!!!! And now I have OBDD!! EEEEEP!!!:D

26. They are filming today in Coquitlam on Shaughnessy from 915-215pm. I found out yesterday from my son’s daycare teacher. :):):)

27. Why do they keep saying there is a sex scene in breaking dawn the book. When there is not a scene in the book. She cuts it off when Bella gets in the water then it comes back in when they are in the bed waking up. I don’t get that at all why they are making a big deal about there being a sex scene when there wasn’t any. Unless i’m reading a copy that doesn’t have all of that.

28. omg since i live in baton rouge me and my sister are going to go looking for the set this weekend!!

29. Their studios is right behind my church

30. The First Sex seen is in the water then they end up in Bed. When she wakes up in the morning gets out of bed naked he sees all the bruises he’s left on her. So he ends up thinking of all the activities that will tire her out & take all day. Eventually he gives in to her and have sex in multipl rooms & brake all the beds. Thouse are the sex Scence’s people are talking about. Then wamb she’s pregnany. I mean it would be pointless if she gets pregnant if they only did it once.

31. can’t wait i know it’s going to be great can’t wait for the movie and the book waz great luv you robert patz.

32. I live in Louisiana !!! im soooo excited for the movie to come out but i don’t know the exact location of the set and i want to find out!!!!!!

33. I am definitely making the hour and a half drive to Baton Rouge!!!!! This is going to help us out so much!

34. I never thought about it that way, Lyndsey! This certainnnly could bring income/tourism to our battered brothers and sisters in Louisiana and I truly hope it does!

But just hearing the official news of where it’s going to be filmed at is exciting. Breaking Dawn was my personal fav book (I REALLY wanted Bella to become a Vampire hehe) so I literally can’t wait to see it adapted to the screen! <3