The Official I Have Seen Eclipse and This Is What I Think Post

eclipsebill

Let’s face it. We all know that the critics don’t get Twilight. They think we are all 13, or we are middle-aged and run around in sparkly glitter all day long. But at the end of the day, we like what we like. We know who we are. We don’t need to defend it to every insipid critic who just doesn’t get that it’s our brand of heroin and we weren’t looking for or mistaking it for War and Peace. It’s just something we like, PERIOD.

So, in the words of Producer Wyck Godfrey who we ran into after a screening, “You people count. You people matter. The fans matter. Did you like it?”

Comment away, and obviously there will be spoilers!

Comments

1. Ok I have to say something first off. I love the cast of this and all of the Twilight movies. That being said, until now I didn’t believe that Kristen could form a complete sentence. I now stand corrected. The whole cast blew me away with the level of their acting. They have come a LONG way since Twilight first came out a couple of years ago. I was really impressed with David directing and how he really did pull the actors out of their shells and into character. It was a little off from the book, but I really liked how it flowed. I have to say this is my favorite of the series so far!. I just got home, so I am going to crawl in bed now because I am seeing it again in about 10 hours :)

2. Anonymous says:

Just got in minutes ago from seeing it. Holy Cow it was fantastic! And my theater was definitely team Jacob or at least team Taylor..lol Because when he first appeared on screen that place went insane! And pretty much every time after that..lol And when Jacob and Bella kiss, people were literally screaming. That was a hot kiss by the way..hehe
    Everyone did an awesome job. David Slade is the man!

3. Christine says:

I am so impressed with Eclipse!! DS did an amazing job as did all of the actors. I think the movie is bigger over all, bigger feel, bigger acting, bigger fighting, bigger macking, bigger comedic moments. The score rocked my world. And what can I say about the over-all chemistry but wow. I went to the Twilight marathon, I sure hope they keep doing these every time! A++ Eclipse, can’t wait to see it again!

4. I think this a movie that I’ll enjoy more and more as I re-watch it. While I understand there’s a lot to get in, the pacing of it was so fast that many moments didn’t get close to conveying the emotions they did in the book. I also did not understand the fact that Bella kissed Jacob within viewing distance of Edward. What? Edward’s reaction to it was awkward as well, I didn’t get the forgiving vibe. Loved the fighting, though I wish Esme had a bigger part. I wanted to see her rip someone’s head off :) The engagement scene was fantastic, I wish it could have gone on for longer.

5. I was not disappointed with any part of Eclipse. Thought the entire cast did great, especially the new members to the cast. Taylor Lautner really surprised me as well, wasn’t sure what to expect, but was amazed at the great job he did.

6. I got to see the first two films on big screen for the first time and then Eclipse. Eclipse was awesome! Better acting. Better screen play, seems there were a lot more direct quotes from the book than in other movies. The vocal music was less noticeable (less loud) and fit better than other movies. The background music was used to great advantage. The wolves were beautiful. Fun to see Edward loosening up in both anger and smiles. You could feel the awkwardness between Charlie and Bella with ‘The Talk’ scene. The flash back episodes flowed right along with the story. Nice for Nikki and Jackson to have more to say and do. Loved the Southern accent coming out of Jasper as he was more in his area of expertise. Jasper and Alice getting kisses in was cute. Julie held her own among the wolf pack. Look forward to more of her in BD. The scenes inside and outside the tent were great. Forgiven for letting Victoria and Riley getting their hands on Edward’s head/neck. Bella’s ‘speech’ at end fit well. Shows some real growth on Bella’s part, the choice isn’t just about Edward – he’s major reason, but there is another good reason. She understands more of the choice and why it is best for her. Thanks to all those involved in bringing this wonderful movie out.

7. I came home from the Eclipse premeir tonight… See More….and I wanted to cry. Eclipse is by far my favorite book in the series, so when I heard david slade was directing it, I cringed a bit and hoped for the best. Will I go see Eclipse twenty more times in the theatre? Yes. Did david slade butcher the Eclipse film? BIG YES. I have read Eclipse over and over, so every little detail is burned into my brain. First of all, when the movie started I felt like my head was spinning-everything was so RUSHED. Second of all, the fact that Edward would let himself get sooo weak from hunger because he did not want to leave Bella’s side was not stressed enough. Thirdly, david slade dashed all my hopes and dreams by making the best scene in the book, the bedroom scene, a sweep under the rug. It was rushed, it wasn’t even led up to correctly. It would have been so much better if alice had held bella hostage like in the book and Edward had come home to wake her up by putting her on the bed. david slade made the bedroom scene one of the LEAST important scenes in the movie….And one of the things that pissed me off the most was how slade mushed the very last meadow scene of the movie up. Bella and Edward are supposed to be making out and Edward tells bella that he’s ready to give it up because he doesnt want that to be the reason they rush the wedding- David Slade completely leaves this out…Maybe if I was not such a die hard twi-hard I would have been more satisfied with the movie. Will I buy all the different copies of it when it comes out? Yes. But am I monumentally disappointed and left feeling unsatisfied?Even bigger YES. Once again…so sad. I even thought that the twilight and new moon films were BETTER than the books. Wish I could say the same for Eclipse…

• Anna Sargent says:

It was along movie but I felt is was rushed also. The bedroom scene I could barely hear over the hundreds of teenage girls but I thought it wasnt stressed enough either.

8. Amber Bradshaw says:

I’m officially Team Jasper.

9. The bar was definitely raised again. The movie was outstanding!! From the beginning to the end it drew me in. Everything that was important in the book was in there. One small thing, I would have liked the scene between Bella and Jacob after he was injured to have been a little more heartbreaking. Like, it didn’t seem like Bella was as torn as she was in the book. Other than that, absolutely loved it. Eclipse is my favorite book and so far it is my favorite movie. Hats off to David Slade.

10. I watched it last night and I really enjoyed it. I forgot that Jacob is one of my favorite characters in the books because of his humor. I don’t really find Taylor that attractive, and his acting before didn’t impress me. But Jacob had the funniest lines in this movie and I found myself liking him again. Of course I’m team Edward when it comes to Bella. And I loved that they finally got their ‘couple’ time. The big battle with all the vamps and wolves was beautiful. When the wolves came out and started jumping on newborns…it gave me chills! I also love that they finally showed some Alice/Jasper cuteness. They’re my 2nd favorite couple in the book (do we have to say who my 1st is?!) and I’m glad that the movie showed a little more of how lovey-dovey they are. And I will always love Charlie. Their ‘talk’ was so funny, great acting from both Kristen and Billy.

Minor complaints: The ring. Ugh. Jasper’s hair. Why can’t they find a good wig for the guy?! Bryce’s hair too. Seriously.

11. Gillian says:

Loved it! Thought David Slade has done the best job so far…true to the book, excellent pacing, and i think the direction really brought out the best in the actors. Fight scenes were exciting and the vamps were actually a bit scarier than ususal (finally). Kudos!

12. Anna Sargent says:

Honestly, it was the best out of the three. The acting was wonderful, props to Slade for good directing. Kristen looked beautiful, we saw a different side of Edward from Rob(loved it) and above all Taylors acting was impecable. He is going to be a big star. Hes not hard on the eyes too (sigh)!

13. Anna Sargent says:

The back storys were great but as asked many times. Rachelle vs Bryce? They should have kept Rachelle majorly.

14. Dopestar says:

I guess I waS So into the movie it felt like it was 30 minutes long. I wanted to keep watching it it was pretty friken bomb o, just one more thing… I want to thank god for my bby taylor;) haha I wwanna marry this Kidd goodness i swear if only he knew I excisted…

15. Ok so I saw Eclipse last night and I thought it was awesome. IMO it was the best so far! I think that everyone did such a better job with the acting, not that it was bad before, it was just so much more real this time. I really enjoyed the back stories of Rosalie and Jasper, and I like how we got to see so much more interaction between everyone. I think they did an awesome job following the book this time, there was so much dialogue that was word for word with the book. It was so funny at times but it was also sad and romantic and everything you want in a movie. All in all it was a hell of a movie and I probably will be going to theater again for this one. Great job David Slade!!

16. Okay, so the movie really was amazing! I am still processing it…and having a hard time doing so since I am exhausted…of course the only night I’m up until 3am, both of my children were up at 5:30. Ouch! Here’s the thing: I loved it, thought it was so beautiful cinematically, but truly, I was bothered by how Bella and Edward still don’t seem really captured in the movies. Actually, I should say that Edward’s emotions are so much more clear, his love for her, etc., but he came across as a lunatic a few times! And Bella, well, I was so pleased to see her passionate towards him in so many scenes (the kissing was spectacular!) but if I didn’t know better from the books, i would have thought her feelings were much stronger for Jacob. I know it was necessary to flush out the love triangle and show that Bella had a choice, but I guess I am just so committed emotionally to B/E that it was more disturbing to me than the Jacob scenes in the book. In the movie, I think there was some obvious doubt about whether or not she really felt as strongly about Edward. I know I am being a little oversensitive…I get that…and I do want to reiterate that the movie was amazing, and I can’t wait to see it again! (and again, and again) Maybe I won’t be so defensive next time and will be able to enjoy the sweet scenes more :)

• I completely agree with you about B/E feelings not being properly expressed – it really bothered me. I felt like if someone had only seen the movies and not read the books they would not understand why Bella chose Edward. I wanted Bella to express her love for Edward more. I am also very emotionally committed to B/E. I’m glad someone else feels the same way I do.

17. Oh man. Where to begin. I cannot find the words to describe how much I LOVED this movie! I’m seeing it again tonight, for sure. David Slade: You NAILED it. The essence of the characters was preserved so far above my expectations! Everyone really stepped it up!!! Edward…..Rob: You did it. You brought Edward to life in such a way that I didn’t think was possible. And can I just say that Riley was AMAZING!!!! Every single time he was on the screen, I was entranced by him! He embodied what a vampire in Stephenie Meyer’s world should be. He was beautiful, frightening, bloodthirsty, and ruthless. Loved him! I am so impressed with Bryce Dallas Howard. She brought Victoria to life for me. So good. ALSO. OH. MY. GOSH. JASPER. Jasper, Jasper, Jasper. I loved him. So gorgeous. I loved that they had more of the Cullen family present in the movie. I loved every moment with them!! I must mention Edward again. I loved him!! The proposal! Definitely my favorite part of the movie. I almost cried at the look of joy on his face when she said yes. Jake…..AGH!!!! As irrevocably team Edward as I am, I screamed when they first showed him on screen. Those three, Taylor, Rob, and Kristen, brought to life all that was good and painful about the love triangle in the book.

All in all I was expecting to be let down in some way because it wasn’t possible that they could get everything right. Wrong. I have never been more pleased with a book to movie adaptation in my life.

SPECTACULAR!!!!!

18. I saw it at 00:05 european time and I thought I would be sleepy :) but the action kept me awake :) It was tough to compress content of that book in just 2 hours and I think they did a great job! I was curious how the tent scene would be presented and it was very good. I loved backstory of Jasper and Rosalie, Xavier was also very good and convincing as Riley. I loved the scene when Edward proposed to Bella :) and the battle scene. I had a few laughts – Billy Burke is just made for Charlie role :)
    Can’t wait for the Breaking Dawn!

19. Kim Houseknecht says:

Took my two daughters to the triple feature. For my younger daughter it was the first time that she was watching any of the movies. She grinned from ear to ear. Loved how so much of the book dialogue was in the movie and that even though D. Slade is known for horror films, he really got the romance. Battle scene had me on edge even though I knew what would happen.

20. Adrielle says:

I’ve not yet watch it and probably shouldn’t be commenting here but I’m just too thrilled for it! General reviews by fans are great and I’m heartened by that.

Critics can called it “dumb” and whatever, but let the statistics do the talking.

21. Went to the Twilight event at a local theater and saw all 3. Elipse was the best so far. David Slade did an amazing job!! Jackson did and amazing job. It was nice to see him shine. At first I thought it was jumping around a bit doing a few things out of order but as the movie went on it flowed seamlessly. I liked that you could see the growth with Bella throught the entire movie. Kristen was fantastic. She made Bella very believable. Robert also did and amazing job.
    Xavier shined as Riely. BDH did a terric job as Victoria. She stepped into the series in the role of well established character and nailed it. It was also very nice to see Rosalies back story. Nikki did a wonderful job! Peter shined as Carlise as usual. Billy Burks Charlie was spot on.

22. Bella's Coven says:

Wow!!! What an amazing experience I am a newbie to the whole twilight saga and watching all three movies back to back in theather was fantastic. My favorite is Eclipse and yes everyone has truly grow into thier acting for this third installment good luck to Bill Condon on the final movies you have a major job ahead of you.

23. Wild ride. At times I felt like I was on the back of the bike with Jacob or moving through the forest with Edward at top speed. I am glad I took some anti-nausea med. My favorite post card scenes are the meadow scene, the first kiss scene with Bella and Jacob, RIley being chased and the united front of the Cullens before battle. I disagree with TL posts. I think he is great. Show stealers were Jackson Rathbone performance. Favorite moments were fight practice and jaspers storyline,Confrontation after first kiss, Bella and Charlie scenes, tent scene, and scene with Jacob and Bella second kiss. ACTION PACKED, BREATH HOLDING ADVENTURE, THAT LEAVES YOU BREATHLESS, & WIND BLOWN FROM THE ECLIPSE TRIP & LEFT WANTING………To GET BACK ON !!! Thxs to all the Twilight cast and crew. &. Special thxs to David Slade and Stephanie!!!

24. TwilightinBigD says:

I am going tonight. Most of the reviews on here has been good. I know the movie will not be like the book. I don’t want to be in the theater with a bunch of little girls screaming ever time that Midget T/L comes on screen. My god what would he be without the six pack. Take that away and all the screaming stops. He cannot act. Still i will go and see for myself

25. LilliAnn says:

Wow – it was great and I so need to see it again. The pace overall was a bit fast. There were a couple scenes that differed too much from the book and I didn’t care for BDH. She just didn’t look mean enough. It is a shame they didn’t keep Rachelle. Now things I loved, the one-liners and quips, it was funny. Edward was beyond beautiful, Charlie was a riot and loved the back stories for Jasper and Rosalie. The action and fighting was great too. I just really need to see it again.

26. I LOVED every single minute of Eclipse…and that’s saying a lot since I loved the previous movies. I think I’d rank it as my favorite of the Twilight movies so far. And now I’ve got the uncontrolable need to re-vamp the books…need.more.Twilight!

27. David Slade made a Twilight Saga version of a zombie movie. He totally missed the romance and longing that the first two directors captured. The fight scenes were amazing, but that’s not what we love about these books/movies, right?? Overall, I could have done without all the violence. And what happened to the crushed rose bedpost???? How could he leave that out??

28. Nostalgicmiss says:

I think regardless of the small parts left out and the slight rearranging on the timeline, it was perfect. They did what they had to to do to fit a novel into a movie and I think it did the plot justice, which was the whole point!

The acting was amazing, the cinematography was beautiful and the action sequences were breathtaking. I loved the added histories of Rosalie and Jasper, and the slight insight to the happenings in Seattle were needed to help the audience (Who haven’t read the books!! They are out there!) some discernment on what was going on.

The love triangle didn’t seem to be too exaggerated which I appreciated. It’s one of the main characters in the book, but Stephenie had this way of making you believe it was one sided right up until the end, which was exactly as the movie portrayed it.

Of course the pivotal scenes that all of us fell in love with in the books was played out perfectly. The leg hitch, the tent scene, the battle, just to name a few.

All in all I think they managed to condense Eclipse the novel into a well thought out movie, that carries the story along perfectly.

29. Ok, from a TwiMom that just woke up:

This is my favorite book of the series. I spotted a tweet from Peter Facinelli to all the fans right before they see the movie: He took a pic of a bag of donuts and a frozen latte with whipped cream from Dunkin’ Donuts. Being by myself, I LOL’d I must have looked like a lunatic. Look it up, it’s cute!

I have had Bella’s engagement ring (like the movie) for a few days already. It meant a lot to me when the time came for Edward to propose, a gazillion times over and over. Marry me, marry me! Wow. The movie theater had lots of Team Jacob, as soon as he popped on the screen omg the screams!

That said, there are a couple of scenes where the camera was obviously handheld and it was a bit weird. This movie is as close to the book as I can remember, and there were some lines altered a bit here and there that are from the book.

The tent scene: Lots of anticipation for it, I expected it to last longer. The “I’m hotter than you” zinger was just awesome. Lots of howling in the movie theater. Taylor, kickass job for doing that with a straight face! :P I wanted Rob to show a bit more frustrated Edward b/c he can’t comfort Bella.

On the battle scene, I wanted to see the part where Embry brings to Edward Riley’s body parts to be burnt, and moving extremities. Not just dead, they are burned for a reason! The climax I read on the book about Edward being in shock and sayin’ “Sam, help him!” was missing and I believed Bella passing out, taking so much in makes her in the book a lot less robotic and more appealing.

Jacob, broken bones and screaming tore me apart. I bet everybody in the movie theater just wanted to rush by his side and take care of him; I even did! Maybe it’s a mom thing, maybe a TwiHard thing.

I will see it again, since I wanna take more people to see it with me, now that I checked it’s not gory.

30. I must say, I was a bit hesitant about this movie at first because it is my favorite book in the series, and I knew if they ruined it for me, I’d be ruined for the movies thus far. I was soo pleasantly surprised, however. I think that David Slade did an excellent job and really brought out the characters in the actors. I have never been much of a Kristen Stewart fan and I really think she stepped it up in this movie. Rob did amazing, and is literally Edward personified. He looked sexier in this movie than all three combined, if that’s even possible. I thought the makeup was much better all around. I really think that Taylor did an excellent job as well, he did a good job of mixing the pain and the sarcasm. I’m glad they included a lot of lines from the book as well, though they did skip many of my favorites (especially when E gives B the bracelet). My only complaint is the pacing of the movie. I think it felt rushed for me, and makes it hard for those who didn’t read the book (although they are crazy) to follow it. I felt that the whole beginning of the movie was rushed but it started to slow down a little towards the end. I think the bedroom scene between Bella and Edward could have been a bit more fleshed out and no matter what, I knew I’d be a little disappointed with the Tent scene…although it did exceed my expectations. I think the chemistry between Edward and Bella was much more palpable and I literally melted when he finally proposed. I really like Bella’s monologue at the end too, I thought that was a nice addition. Overall, amazing. Cannot wait to see it again!

31. Stephanie says:

I don’t think I’ll be able to offer up anything that hasn’t already been said but I truly loved it! From the previews and everything I was really expecting it to be the worst one yet but I honestly think it’s the best so far. The acting was way better than in the previous movies and I even felt like the makeup and CGI have improved. I’m so glad that they pulled some of my favorite lines directly from the book and everything just looked fantastic, except for a few bad wigs. Kristen still needs some acting lessons but Rob was looking mighty fine. My friend even almost hyperventilated at the Jacob/Bella kiss right before the fight. :)

32. I loved it. The extra romance scene at the begenning wasn’t in the book but it was awesome.

33. Missy Malachin says:

It was amazing! Saw the Trilogy last night and this was definitely the best so far. Followed the book great, so many more characters really shined. Loved Charlie and Jasper in this movie. The action scenes were awesome. Loved all the funny lines and all the love scenes. This by far met my expectations and I cant wait to go see it again and again!

34. That was amazing! The acting from Kristen, Rob and Taylor were completly spot on. And I loved Jackson Rathbone as Jasper! The pacing was great too, the movie moved very fast but I loved it that way. I really loved the bedroom scene and I also loved the Cullens mock fighs. Every battle/fight/chase scene was great! And the vampires looked awsome when they were running. The only part I didn’t like was when Bella actually cut herself for the fight with the rock. I guess they did it for the movie, but still. Over all I thought the acting was sooooooo GREAT! Kristen was defintly believable as Bella and I loved Rob in this one. Taylor also did great. I am going to see this movie many more times, it is definitly my favorite of the 3. Awesome. Thanks David Slade! :)

35. veronica says:

In my opinion, I loved this movie! It blew me away from the beginning to end. Almost everything was perfect. Almost.

Ok, so what it really think they should have added, was more about IMPRINTING. Jacob only mentioned once, and it was only about Sam. I really think they should’ve added when Jacob told Bella about Jared and Kim, and especially Quil imprinting in 2 y/o Claire, and Bella freaking out about it, and Jacob explaining the truth about it. I think this was a really IMPORTANT part they left out. Why? Because now, when new people (who haven’t read the books) see BD, and Jacob imprinting on Nessie, they are going to think he is a child molester, and not understand the real meaning of it.

Other than that, I loved everything else about this movie. Can’t wait to see it agin!

36. I LOVE IT!!!!!!!! The best one…Can Rob be more beautiful!!!!!! He was such an Edward…those smiles, those eyes, the pain, the restrain. Jacob was great too…his sense of humor….Bella was great…I love Charlie’s sex talk, proposal scene when Edward kisses her and lift her up…I was like I want to be Bella hahahahahahaha…Xavier…that guy can ACT!!!! Same thing with Jackson…the both did amazing jobs. I can see myself going 2,3,4,5,6+ times to the movies……I love it!!!!!!!I want more Edward…I felt in love again :)

37. I need a “next page” on the bottom of the comments, to be able to turn and keep on reading, Lex.

38. Claudia Martinez says:

I am going to see it tonight at 7:30, and after reading a lot of the comments, they pretty much confirm what i already thought, the movie is gonna be amazing!
    cant wait(:
    Team Edward(:

39. Dear David Slade:

Thank you for cleaning up the horrific mess that the amateur Chris Weitz made of New Moon. There’s nothing you can do about the lack of acting skills in the three main characters, but the film looked beautiful and you managed to restore cinematic integrity to the series so that people other than Twilight fans might enjoy it.

…this is what happens when they hire a director incapable of churning out a bad product. I thought the movie was great (especially compared to watching New Moon right before it.) Props to David Slade for doing it.

40. How did the movie end?
    How was the proposal?! havent seen it yet! I need to know!