Poll: Which vamps do you want to see in Breaking Dawn

In most series books, there are additional characters in each new book, but I don’t know if any book has ever given its readers as many new characters as Breaking Dawn.  There are just so many of them!  Given that it’s difficult for Hollywood to do everything a book calls for, we’re not sure if all the new characters will make it into the movie.  It would be nice if they did and that’s what we’re hoping for, but we also know that you have to lose something from book to movie.  (Lauren Mallory, for example.)

So we pose this question to you: Which Vampire characters would you most like to see in a movie version of Breaking Dawn?  Because there are so many of them, we’ve grouped them into their clans, if they have one.  If there is a specific character in a clan you think stands out from the others, let us know in the comments.

Comments

1. gagirl says:

This is not a related topic, but I just read an article on People.com that was around the time that Stephenie announced the release of the “novella” in June. The first paragraph said that “fans were heartbroken when Stephenie Meyer said she would no longer be publishing Midnight Sun.” (or close enough, I don’t have exact wording) Has anyone else heard anything about this? I was under the impression that she still left the door open to finish it “eventually” when she felt like she was ready to pick it back up. “Heartbroken” doesn’t even COVER it if she’s not going to finish it EVER.

2. Nicole says:

There are too many to pick from. Each clan has at least one vamp in it that is almost required to be in the movie. I bet that they end up picking for each one the “important” vamp, because I’m sure they wont have them all!

3. Kathryn says:

I hate that the poll was by clan because other than the Denalis I think there are only one or two from each group that absolutely need to be there. Zafrina, Benjamin, Siobhan (sp?), and Garrett come immediately to mind. I wonder if that’s how Summit will do it. Consolidate the groups down to one or two.

And I think with the Denalis Carmen is the least essential. Tanya is the head of the group, Kate teaches Bella how to project her shield, Irina is the tattle teller, and Eleazar gives the Volturi backstory. All Carmen does is give him a romantic reason to leave, and that can be easily changed.

4. switzy4ever14 says:

I had a hard time choosing. The Denalis, of course, are an enigma. I like Garrett because the American revolution is one of the most interesting periods in history, in my opinion, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE the speech he makes in chapter 37. Benjamin is also a interesting character, as is Nahuel. (side note: how do you pronounce his name? I never knew).

In the end, though, I chose the Amazon clan. They were just fascinating to me in the book. I had a very visual picture in my head about their wildness and voices and how Zafrina was the “mouthpiece”. I’d like to see how they portray them.

<3 SWITZY LOVE <3

5. I always liked Alistair, he’s the kind of vamp that isn’t happy with who he is. You know, Cullens are happy as veggies, the other vamps are proud to be violent or even Jasper’s brother and sister are ok living away from humans and feeding from them… but Alistair is a dark sad soul, always running, always hiding. No wonder Carlise is one of his friends or his only friend. I don’t know, I think he adds a different spice to the group. And the moment he goes away you can’t help to ask your self: is this story going to end badly?

And I always imagined him played by Rhys Ifans who I love! hehe

6. I really want to see the Amazons. But also seeing the Denalis are good. And all of them is much much better. :D Breaking Dawn would be dead boring without them.

7. Twilibrarian says:

I chose Denali because it is a member of their clan (Irina) who starts the whole Volturi mess in BD. They also refuse to help with the newborns in Eclipse because the Cullens have joined forces with the Quileute Wolf Pack, and the wolves took out Laurent.

I really think it is essential to have all of the clans represented if Bill Condon stays true to the book. The Cullens need every witness they can get to prove to the Volturi that Renesmee is not immortal. I am not saying they all need lines to say, but they need to be included. No CGI witnesses.

Think of the battle scenes from Ben Hur, or more recently, Braveheart. Most of the extras were members of the British military. They were already trained as soldiers. All they needed was a costume. Same holds true for BD, and since we all know it’s going to be 2 films ;-) ;-), there is lots of time for casting, makeup, and costumes. None of the witness clans show up in the book until Jacob, Bella, and Renesmee are walking in the woods.

8. I think the Denali clan is the most important to the basic part of the story, but the Amazons are a close second because of what Zafrina teaches Bella to do with her shield.

9. Amanda says:

You left the most importatnt new vampire off the list. Renesmee!!!!!

10. I think that the Denali vamps are pretty vital. Also the Amazon vampires should be included. I hope they can keep most of them!

11. I really think they HAVE to include them all, they are all important to the second half of the book! They are needed as witnesses to show strength agains the volturi. I think that alone is important..not to mention the Denali clan is extremely imprtant..maybe they are referenced in Eclipse, that has yet to be seen. I hope they are, if not, it can still be done when the time comes in BD. Then, theres Bella exercising her gift. Also important.
    It makes me feel better that Stephanie Meyers will help get it right since shes been names a producer, dont forget about that!
    What makes it to the screen has more of her say then (I would think) the past movies!

12. This question is extremely difficult to answer…actually impossible to answer for me. Let me explain why.

Denali Clan: Tanya, Irena, Kate, Eleazar
    These vamps are crucial to the plot. Eleazar is how we learn so incredibly much about the Volturi and of course Irina’s death is an extremely important event as is her sisters’ reaction to her death. They are a must for the film…I can’t see in my head how they could make it work without these characters. Maybe Tanya could be cut, but her sister Kate’s gift is important to the whole book.

Irish Clan: Siobahn, Liam, Maggie
    Siobahn is very important becuase her “suspected” gift is crucial to the outcome of the book and Maggie’s gift is important as well. I believe we could possibly go without Liam and Maggie, but then Siobahn would be a nomad.

Egyptian Clan: Amun, Tia, Kebi, Benjamin
    I think we can all agree that Benjamin is a MUST. And to me, Amun’s conflict with his role in the witnessing is an important part of the book.

Amazon: Zafrina, Senna, Kachiri
    ZAFRINA is a MUST too. Zafrina and Nessie’s relationship cannot be done away with…it’s too important. And we can all agree without Kachiri assisting Alice and Jasper to find Huilen and Nahuel then you might as well hand victory to the Volturi.

Romanian: Stefan, Vadimir
    No one wants the Volturi dead more than the Romanians and for that I love them and I’d love to see the Romanians brought to the big screen.

Alistair
    I think Alistair is important as well. His insights while he is sulking in the attic give you a nice peak into the possibilities of what the Volturi are capable of should they succeed in their mission such as hunting down and destroying any vamps who have had contact with the Cullens and Renesmee.

Garrett
    I must say this is the ONE and ONLY vampire I cannot and will not be deprived of…Garrett’s declaration towards the end is, for me, the most emotional and overwhelming event of the entire book, possibly the Saga. His speech brings me to tears everytime I read it…not sad tears, but happy tears because of how honest and courageous he is…he’d die to stand up for what he knows is right and I admire him a lot for that

Mary and Randall
    I think unfortunately these two are expendables.

Huilen and Nahuel
    This movie would make absolutely NO SENSE without these two…who in their right mind can argue with that?

New Volturi: Renata, Chelsea, the wives
    Renata is a key character because she and Bella are the only shields and she is Aro’s shadow/protector. Unfortunately Chelsea and the wives (aka Sulpicia and Athenodora) are expendables.

So that is my verdict. A few expendables, but for the most part, in my opinion, each vampire has his/her contribution and I believe each are important for plot reasons.

• FYI…
      I think if they make two films, wouldn’t they get to keep more of the characters because they will have a whole extra film to introduce them to us??

Because BD was long in more ways than one. Of course we all know it is 754 lovely pages, but it’s also very complex…lots of things going on.

1. The night prior to the wedding
      2. The wedding
      3. Jacob’s presence at the wedding
      4. Isle Esme
      5. Discovering the pregnancy
      6. Jacob’s entire book (which I believe will be extremely tricky to transfer to the screen)
      a. Discovering Bella is home
      b. Discovering Bella is pregnant with Edward’s “mutant spawn”
      c. Jacob trying to convince Bella to abort or have “puppies”
      d. Jacob’s return to the pack after his discovery
      e. Jacob splitting from the pack
      f. Seth and Leah
      g. Jacob and Carlisle’s convo about the fetus’ and his similarities
      h. Bella’s first vampire act
      i. Jared, Paul, Quil and Collin meet Jake’s pack in the woods
      j. Bella being hot and cold and hot and cold
      k. Jake’s visits to Bella
      l. Jacob alone in his hate when Edward discovers he can hear the baby’s thoughts
      m. Jake trying to imprint at the park
      n. Edward asking Jacob for the very last thing he has to give
      o. Bella vomits a fountain of blood
      p. The delivery
      q. Jake sees Renesmee for the first time
      r. Bella’s transformation
      s. Her new life
      t. First hunt with Edward

Okay I didn’t realize how long this list would be?!? You get the picture though…it needs to be two films people! I’m all the way to “T” and I’ve only gotten through Bella’s first book and Jacob’s book.

I vote TWO!

13. Larissa says:

I do hope that they are all in there. It would be so cool to see them all. Hopefully they will add them all.

14. Cendrillon says:

Er…What about Renesmee!!! If Nahuel is on the list as a half-vampire, Renesmee certainly should be.

And what about the non-vampires we’ve never seen before, like Phil, Sue, and J. Jenks?

15. Nicole says:

I feel that some of them were kind of necessary to the story. Like of course Hueilen and Nahuel and definitely Zafrina. The Denalis are pretty important (esp. Irina and Elezar… and Kate who helps Bella with her shield) and Siobhan.. and Maggie is kinda important …. basically I was readin Aiya’s comment and I agree with pretty much everything she said, except that I don’t really think they can get rid of Maggie. I feel that the only ones that can be left out are Mary and Randall, Chelsea and the wives; and then if you go into the covens: Liam, Kebi, Senna, Carmen, and Tanya. But I would only make the covens smaller if ABSOLUTELY necessary

16. Nicole says:

Now that I think of it, Tanya is a little important to Eclipse, what with the whole chapter 8 and one of my favorite quotes (BETTER BE IN THE MOVIE!!!): “Sleep, Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep now, my only love.” (cue the awwwww!!!’s)

17. vamp1901 says:

ok so I know this is random but Iam lokking forward to the seen where Jacob tells Bella he imprented on nessie
    bella: “You imprinted on MY baby?”