Robert Pattinson Wax Figure Wows Fans on Both Sides of the Atlantic

Photos courtesy of Madame Tussauds New York, Photo credit: Alex Oliveira/startraksphoto.com

Madame Tussauds added Robert Pattinson’s image to their New York and London Collections Today

Comments

1. Amy Darlene says:

*swoon*

2. Michelle says:

The eyes are all wrong. I don’t think it is a good representation at all!

3. I agree. His eyes are all wrong.
    Usually Madame Tussaud’s does a nice job but they missed the mark with Rob. He is much more dreamy on screen.

4. Rosalie Hilton says:

Yeah the eyes are kinda weird but way better than i could do!!!!!!

5. wow, it’s kinda cool but for some reason gave me the heebie-jeebies! i couldn’t even finish watching the clip! haha. i do agree, something’s not quite right. maybe his face is too narrow? but anyway, great talent for whoever actually makes those.

6. Its a good effort there are alot of things that look great but i think they could have done a better job i think they rushed it a little bit

7. I kept looking at it, trying to figure out just what it is that doesn’t look right. It’s something to do with his mouth! I’m not impressed. Tussauds usually does a much better job than this.

8. I think it is awful. Really, really bad – although wax figures give me the creeps so I wasn’t expecting to like it.

9. I may be the only woman on the face of the earth that thinks that this representation is actually cuter than Rob Pattinson. I know, I know. I’m banned from the Twilight fandom, but in my honest opinion, RPattz never did quite live up to the Edward Cullen hype. I think everyone just jumped on board because it was finally coming to the big screen. I hope that they will remake this in the years to come and actually get a better representation… like the Pride & Prejudice rendition from 1995 which was a second remake and much better. *shrugs*

• That’s so funny, your comment that it’s ‘cuter than Rob..’! Personally I think wax representations are very bizarre. Sort of like having a stuffed pet. Well, maybe not quite that weird, but close. Yeah, and like some of you, I think there’s something a bit off with his face that doesn’t make him look like he should. Anyway Vickie, I don’t think it’s required that you like Rob Pattinson in order to be a Twilght fan. Personally he doesn’t ring my bells either, but I love Twilight..the books.

• Yep, banned! Good day. (just kidding)

10. Hmmm… he looks… older? And his front teeth are fixed? (Remember he didn’t where his headgear so his two front teeth are a big sunken?). Maybe its the harsher spotlights at Tussauds.

• Veronica says:

That’s exactly what I thought! He looks like as if he is in his 30s. Maybe because of his eyes and mouth.

11. The people at Madame Tussauds have lost their touch, almost all the figures over the last few years look nothing like the person they’re made after.

Go back a few decades and the figures were scarily realistic.

12. Cullacullen says:

Oh dear – it’s atrocious. It looks nothing like him at all.

MADAME TUSSAUDS IF YOU HAD ANY PRIDE YOU WOULD MELT THAT ABOMINATION AND DO A NEW ONE!!

Ahem!

13. Those are Leonardo di Caprio’s eyes with a combination of Hugh Jackman and Patrick Dempsey(sp?) :P

14. Luisa Ardila says:

Comparing it to this picture http://www.robert-pattinson.co.uk/photos/Photoshoots/2009/vanity-fair/Outtakes_Part3_9.jpg.php?p=*full-image it seems to me like the issue is that his nose, lips and chin are in the wrong proportions. Still, I think the whole idea of a wax figure is kindda weird. I’m not judging those of you that are excited, but it’s just awkward to me…

15. The chin and mouth is all wrong. It doesn’t do Rob justice, he’s much better looking than that. Also, it’s a bit creepy seeing those girls touching all over it like that. I can imagine it might creep him out too if he saw it….

16. RockinRobbin says:

Sorry, but it sure looks more like ‘wolverine’ than it does RP. I wondered why they had Hugh Jackmans pic on Lexicon when I first looked at it?

17. they are experts and it’s their job to get it right but they have done an absymal representation…it just looks soooo weird…

18. Its wax. It lacks a soul. Thats why it looks “off” the real actual person is better,obviously. The whole idea of wax people is just creepy. Poor Rob!! I wonder what he thinks?!

19. i don’t think it’s his eyes, IT’S THE FACT THAT HIS FACE HAS LOST SO MUCH WEIGHT!

20. This London one looks diff than the America one which I thought was beautiful. You have to remember he was not there for measurements – they had to do it with photos! In this case give them a break!

21. I agree, he looks like a mix of leonardo dicaprio and something else. doesn’t really do rob justice.

22. Yeah, the eyes are wrong, but still he’s sooo dreamy. I can finally get a picture with him <333 *SWOON*