Borders Reveals New Moon DVD Specs

Borders Has just released information on their DVD specs. Where their version differs from other features common to all versions, we have highlighted in red. We are going to do one big comparative post as soon as one more major retailer reveals their specs.

Pre-order the DVD here.

Details

Exclusive packaging that compliments our existing Borders Exclusive Twilight packaging. Exclusive medallion necklace gold side with wolf-pack tattoo, silver side is the Cullen crest on a silver chain.

Exclusive content

• Includes previously unreleased EXTENDED SCENES
  • INTERVIEWS with cast members Robert Pattinson, Kristen Stewart, Taylor Lautner, The Cullen Family, The Wolf Pack, The Volturi and Director Chris Weitz
  • Unrivaled RED CARPET FOOTAGE from the movie premiere
  • Front row seats to The Twilight Saga: New Moon WEBCAST.

Other content:

• Additional Special Features Include: A revealing AUDIO COMMENTARY with Director Chris Weitz and Editor Peter Lambert
  • A riveting 6-PART DOCUMENTARY that takes you behind the scenes
  • Exclusive band REHEARSAL FOOTAGE with Muse
  • MUSIC VIDEOS from Death Cab for Cutie, Anya Marina and Mutemath.

Comments

1. Oh, it looks so nice! High chance of me getting this one, since I have the exclusive twilight DVD.

2. omg i totall want this! But im torn between this and Turr-gets 3 disc edition!

3. mschicklet says:

No deleted/extended scenes??

4. I was looking at this earlier today on their website. My question is… are they going to have this deluxe version available in blu ray, because it really seems silly of them to only offer it with regular dvd, since bluray is the way people are starting to go.

• mschicklet says:

Agreed. So those are my two questions: 1) Which stores/versions are blu ray AND 2) which versions have the deleted/extended scenes?????

• I looked at Target’s Bluray copy and it looks like the 3 DVD copy has more special features then the bluray does. But I really want it on Bluray!

• mschicklet says:

I really wish someone somewhere would update their product details. It shouldn’t be this hard to find the version I want! They’re really not being very consumer friendly about this, are they?

5. This is the one I was waiting for.

6. Question? Borders is a UK store or the USA one?

7. Thanks! Whooohooo!!!

8. gosh I want this soooooooooooo bad

9. This is just so ridiculous that all these different stores have their own version. Just make one with all the stuff on it. Don’t make it so hard for us Twihards!!!!

Target had the best Twilight version, and I think they do for New Moon too. I did buy the Border’s Twilight version so I’ll probably get this one too for New Moon. (This is probably why there are different versions.) :-(

10. I bought both Target and Borders last year…looks like I’m going to have to do that again. :)

• Agreed. This time around it seems there’s more of a difference. Unlike last time it was just one had more pictures now it’s a huge addition. UG!!! WHY!!!

• Yeah, I kind of knew this was going to happen. I’ve been prepared to buy both of them anyway. Besides the extra’s are worth it.

11. mschicklet says:

This is confusing……Now it says there are extended scenes on this version. But what about the deleted scenes????

12. mschicklet says:

Also, to the people at the Lex: I hope that when you do the comparison, you include exactly which special features each version has.

At this point, all I personally care about is: how do I get a blu-ray copy WITH all the special features (namely the deleted/extended scenes and all the making of/interview stuff). That shouldn’t be so hard to find out, but for some reason there are 8,000 versions!!

13. I bought the Borders version last year. I loved that the cover art was different from all the DVDs my friends had. I totally missed what Target had last year because I love Borders.

What did Target do so good last year with Twilight’s DVD?

• Target had the 3 DVD Deluxe copy of Twilight. It had a itunes download of the movie too. They have a 3 disk of New Moon for pre-order now( I don’t think it has the itunes this time:P). I bought the Target Twilight last year. It’s really good.

14. Onesis the target disc was different because it was three discs and the third had stuff that wasn’t on anyone elses discs.
    Lasces I had to do the same thing last year and buy both the target and borders discs.

15. Of course it’s only for US fans =( Why can’t we get anything like that in Europe?

16. This is ridiculous! So fans in Europe can’t pre-order that edition?
    Nothing new on the subject for me. I’d rather buy the standard two disc edition and then find the extra scenes on You Tube.

17. Oooo Pretty Pretty… this is what I hoping for… for this to come out for New Moon… so that it Matches my Twilight (I like things to match… or at least come from the same circle. lol)

18. The reason they do this is so that they can make sure that people come to that particuliar store to buy the version that you want. At the marketing level it is always aboutmaking sure that your product is different from all the others. thats just the way things go on products like that. its true of music too. Though itunes has definitley leveled the excusivity of retail.

19. AliceKikiCullen says:

I hate Borders for they just closed my only book source :P But dang it, I have the 1st movie so might as well get this one. and i want the necklace lol. That’s how they get me…the merchidice. I’m a collector. But hmm, it says on the website not in stores…that bites. I think that the deleted scenes are on there if not I’ll return it. *growls* I don’t have this kind of headache when I get harry potter on dvd!!!! *mutter mutter* And no way am I getting blue ray, I’ve watched and it’s overrated. My “fat tube” is better than the Flat screen! ANd just spent all my time and money on regular dvds why would I go through all that again jsut for some extra “speical features” on blu ray? Not to mention more expencive? I’ll stick 2 my regular dvd 4 Twilight thanks.

20. Thanks for the updates. I’ve been waiting to see what is offered before placing a pre-order from anyone.

21. I have the borders twilight one. I got it cause I loved the packaging. Hopefully this one is as pretty inside as the twilight one.

22. What about Blu Ray? Can you make a comparison on blu-ray offerings?

23. Last year, I got the Borders and Target versions of “Twilight” because of the extras and because the Borders version is so pretty. Looks like I’m going to have to do the same w/ “New Moon”. You really couldn’t beat the Target version because it came w/ a free iTunes download of the movie, including extras.

24. Catherine says:

I don’t want to have to buy both versions :( I’m not sure which is the better value…target is releasing the three disc again with a film cell thingy, but borders has all this extra stuff and the awesome medallion thingy….gah!!

25. Is Blue-Ray going to have all the extras?????

26. I want this one but I wish that it came in Blu-ray also. That’s the only down side to this one.

27. Marketing stratergies at their best, Ladies! No one manufacturer will ever put all their goodies in one basket! I loooove Disney’s Sleeping Beauty and ended up buying both the DVD and Bluray editions just to get ALL of the stuff they offered. Summit makes $$ off every disc sold, so it’s no wonder tid bits are spread over several versions.

28. when does the new moon dvd realese in new zealand?