Happy Birthday Edward!

edward B-day banner As many of you have pointed out to us, today is Edward’s birthday!! Edward-Cullen.Net sent us this banner in honor of our most beloved vampire’s celebration.  To help us celebrate, leave us a post about your single most favorite thing regarding Edward, be it a quote, something he did, or any general trait.  Just let us know what you love about him and why!  My personal favorite moment, which kind of sealed the deal for me, was when he said, “I may not be human, but I am a man.”  Gotta love that!

Comments

1. Michelle says:

I agree with others. it is way too hard to narrow it down to just one thing. i love everything he says and does. Everything. Even thought you are not real which is insane i love you so much! and happy birthday!!! :)

2. I love when Edward says, “You are my life now.”
    He didn’t have one before….

3. Twilight Nymph says:

I like so many things about him, but the thing I love most is that if he does something, he does it because he believes it’s for the benefit of others not his. Like when he left Bella, he was doing it for her benefit not his. And even though it was wrong, he just proves that he’s not like other guys who leave but for their own benefit not yours. In other words he’s self-less in some way. Oh, and he can control himself and be a gentleman.

My favorite quote, which was a life changing quote for me, since the moment I read it is “But you see, just because we’ve been… dealt a certain hand… it doesn’t mean that we can’t choose to rise above-to conquer the boundaries of a destiny none of us wanted.”

Oh, and yeah all that other stuff all of you have mentioned above.

4. Twilight Nymph says:

Oh, wait I almost forgot “Happy Birthday Edward!” LOL

5. AliceKikiCullen says:

The mystic of the mystery of Edward. I feel in love with Edward because he was just so mysterious and sexy. ;) He is loving and kind something that very few males around at least where I live are. I favorite quote is of course:
    “What if I’m not the Superhero? What if I’m the Bad Guy?” I fell for him right there and then and more so when He saved Bella in Port Angles. I love his humor too. Just such a sweet soul that doesnt see himself as so and needs his love to point it out. Lol. More than one thing couldn’t help it. ;) Happy Birthday Edward!!!!!

6. Despina says:

Rob once made fun of Edward because he was “a 108 year-old virgin”… Well Rob’s so wrong, there’s nothing funny really: Edward knew what he wanted, and he wouldn’t settle for anything less than that. I admire him for that, for his determination.
    He sure knows what he wants, but at the same time he’s also extremely selfless, and much as he wanted something, he always thought about what was best for Bella or other people first.

• Michaela says:

I wholeheartedly concur.

• Totally!!And besides, what’s so wrong with being a virgin anyway. Edward, wanted to save that for someone special, for someone he truly loved with his whole heart. I don’t see how that could possibly be a bad thing.

7. shequelia says:

i too love everything about edward… one of my favorite things that make me swoon every time Edward says it is when he calls Bella “LOVE” it just rings with his love for her.. i also like in Eclipse when he tells Bella she looks “sexy” in the mortocycle jacket he got her and when he wants to do it to her in the end of eclipse…i just love Edwards whole diction and syntax and the way he talks!!! Happy Birthday Edward!!!

8. Laura G. says:

Happy Birthday Edward! I don’t think I have words to explain why I love this character…how do you describe the perfect creature? Only Stephenie Meyer could pull that off :)) But I have to say that the end of New Moon is my favorite. And I also like how he makes fun of Bella and makes her forgive him so easily…and of course the fac tthat he would be willing to do anything just to see her happy even if that meant seeing her in the arms of another guy, or giving up his own life/existence whatever :))…there are too many things…do we really need motives to love him? :))

9. Shaneen says:

Happy Birthday Edward! Edward. What can I say? I love everything about him. His devotion to Bella is awesome. I love (and hate) how he does anything to keep her happy. And he sparkles.

10. Wow. Edward’s 108th.
    The ONE person who revived chivalry. *sigh.*

I think my favourite part of Edward is the simple fact of him watching Bella sleep. I mean, how romantic is that? :)

11. He makes abstinence look sexy :)If he can do it, I can too.

12. “I don’t want to be a monster.” Edward’s compassion for all is what draws me to him. Happy Day to him! (Thanks SM!)

13. twilightlover says:

” I’ll be back so soon you won’t have time to miss me. Look after my heart, I’ve left it with you ”

You gotta love this <3

14. i loved loved loved when edward and bella reunite in new moon. but i also love everything about edward because he is what a girl wants in a guy. he may have his flaws but it makes him even more real!

15. probably one of my favorite moments is in Eclipse, when he is having an argument with Jake because he kissed Bella, and says “She is mine”. I love that!

16. Michaela says:

” ‘I love you,’ he said. ‘It’s a poor excuse for what I’m doing, but it’s still true.’ It was the first time he’d said he loved me–in so many words. He might not realize it, but I certainly did. ‘Now, please try to behave yourself,’ he continues, and bent to softly brush his lips against mine.” (Twilight, 366).

Because even though it doesn’t come with a whole lot of glitz and glamour, the first time he says he loves her is still spectacular.

Happy Birthday Edward!

17. ILoveEC says:

Oh yeah, happy birthday, sexy beast… :p

18. Julie T says:

Happy Birthday Edward!
    Love you babe :)
    My favorite part he did was ummm…this is difficult. I love everthing he did. Ohhhh I know. In Twilight, when they were going to the baseball game, Bella was afraid to run with him again so he tries to take the thought away. Aww that part is so cute. And then she falls on the ground and he laughs and it’s just so cute. He like “where are you going?” He has a good sense of humor :) If only he was real!!

19. today is my b-day too
    I love it when Edward said “Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars—points of light and reason… And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.”
    its deep and i love rereading it

20. Envy loves Wrath says:

I’m not an Edward fan, by any stretch of the imagination, but i like how he’s jealous of Jacob. Its adorable. ^^

21. Andy :D says:

I agree everything said, he’s everything and more…..
    but i love in *twilight* the kiss before the game, it left me speechless woooow “tamper with my memory?…..” love it!!!! ^^

22. So many things but one that sticks out is just how happy he is when Bella agrees to marry him and during the wedding ceremony. “His perfect face was almost severe with the depth of his emotion. And then, as he met my awed gaze, he broke into a breathtaking smile of exultation.” I would love to see that smile!

23. Happy Birthday to you Edward…there are so many things about you that I fell in love with and not enough space on this page to write about them. You are every girls Romantic Dream. We all love you dearly. My favorite Edward quote is “You are my life now”.

24. i love edward cullen because when i was traveling in Europe I was sorely tempted to jump into the arms of the stone statue, “Adonis” … of course the securtiy gaurd chased me out …
    HAPPY BIRTHDAY EDWARD!

25. Happy Birthday to our beloved Edward Cullen! :D

26. Happy Birthday to our most beloved fictional character Edward Cullen! Selfless, Kind, Gentle, and Loving! :D

27. My favorite Edward quote: “I decided as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly.” But of course I’m so smitten that it’s certainly not just any one thing … that’s just the one I think of most often in my daily life.

Favorite movie moments: anytime he smiles, because that’s pretty rare.

I’m throwing a little birthday party for Edward tonight! I invited a few friends – we’re going to drink *sparkling* & *blood-red* wine, & we humans will also enjoy homemade personal pizzas & cake – & of course watch the movie. :-D

28. I love the fact that Edward is so protective and devoted to Bella.
    Favorie Edward moment:
    “Forever and forever and forever”
    Happy birthday Edward! I will always love you although you don’t exist in real world. You exist in mine!!

29. “Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world.”

• if I was already crazy about him, when I read that line in Midnight Sun, I melted. Who woulnd´t give the world to have somebody thinking that of you? HAPPY BIRTHDAY MY LOVE

• Oh my GOSH!! I loved that line!!!

30. Maaaan, if I had to say what things I love about Edward, this post would probably take up a page on its own. But I guess I can say that I agree with someone else’s posting–that Edward should be the standard that us girls should hold our guys to, that we shouldn’t settle for some guy who just wants us for our bodies, but for the person that we are as a whole. Edward’s set the bar for the guys, so hopefully if men use Edward’s example as a standard to live up to, then maybe us women can have better men, and who knows? Maybe practicing more Edward-like behavior could root out all the incidents of violence against women done to them by their spouses or boyfriends. There wouldn’t be stuff in the news about wife-beatings, or girlfriends going to the hospital because their boyfriends abused them, or any violent crimes against women or anyone else in general. And I honestly hope that that can happen. It really hits home for me, because I myself, along with my mother, were victims of domestic violence and abuse–the perpetrator was my father–so I’m sincerely hoping that Edward can teach men of today’s society how to properly treat a lady so that there won’t be stories like mine anymore.

Anyway, Happy 108th Birthday, Edward! Thank you for being everything every girl could wish for! And also, Happy Birthday to my amazing and beautiful mother, Norma, who has been sharing Edward’s birthday since 1964!

31. Natalie says:

Happy Birthday Edward!
    There are soo many amazing edward moments but one that sticks out in my mind is from Midnight Sun. When Edward goes into Bella’s room and she says his name in her sleep. That moment when he is “forever changed” and realizes he is “no longer in danger of loving” Bella. That to me is one of the most romantic moments of the series, when his cold-dead heart beats again. <3

32. Cara B. says:

I LOVE the banner ! :D
    My favorite Edward moment isn’t a quote, it’s a thought from the midnight sun draft. ( off of Stephenie’s website)

“Oh, and also, I’m wretchedly in love with you.”
    I love how direct he is, even if he never says it out loud, it’s just not his usual style. :)

• I love that to. How he’s just having this casual conversation with Bella and in his head he adds little things like that. He plays it so casual while inside his feelings are anything but. It’s just so sweet!

33. Bella (-) the B says:

Oh mine has to be the proposal. Usually I’m not much of the swooning type, but at this bit I was unconsious on the floor. ::sigh::

34. TEAM EDWARD!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! says:

My favorite thing about Edward is he dosen’t assume too much. And he dosen’t pressure you. That’s why I love Edward Cullen.

35. I have to agree w/ Ashtin “Look after my heart I’ve left it with you” is the best Edward saying. Oh yeah Happy Birthday Edward Cullen (:

36. Lindsay says:

two favorite times:
    1. when Edward takes Bella to the meadow for the first time
    2. when Edward stays in Bella’s room after returning from Italy and clears up everyting about why he left.

37. Happy birthday, i love you so much, ecsepically ” and the lion fell in love with the lamb”!!!!!!!!! happy bday

38. Mrs.Edward Cullen (akamartha) says:

Happy birthday my husband!!! even thought ur 108 u r still the young vampire:) Luv u

39. Brittany says:

i love when Edward says, “Before you, Bella, my life was like a moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars, points of light and reason. ….And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothing had changed, but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything.” i thought it was the most adorable things in the world…Edward is amazing…but robert pattinson is just as much amazing…i love you edward/robert!!!

40. Brittany says:

he’s just an amzing guy all in all…his caring, loving, and passionate personality make him the perfect man.

41. OH so MANY things OH sooooooooo little time…where to begin, where to begin…hmmm…

What sealed the deal for me was when he finally “caved in” after Mike asked Bella to the dance. I was like…”Yes!!!!!!!!!!!” plus many more exclamation points. LOL!!!

My favorite quote is, “If I could dream at all, it would be about you. And I’m not ashamed of it.”

My favorite moment is an Edward and Bella moment. At the end of “Breaking Dawn” when Bella’s ability allows Edward to finally hear her thoughts. So sweet and romantic.

42. laCullensCantante says:

i love the line in twilight where bella gets dazzled by his kiss and he won’t let her drive ‘drunk’
    “you’re intoxicated by my very presence” ah i adore him so much happy birthday lovely edward

43. For starters, he is the perfect gentleman. I love how he is so protective of Bella, even if hee sometimes goes a wee bit overboard. Lastly, he is just so SEXY!!!!!!! Happy Birthday Edward!!!!!!

44. twifanshop says:

Love the way he is such a gentleman! Too bad it’s so rarely seen these days. Definitely knows how to treat a lady and how to express his emotions. Isn’t afraid to admit his love! Makes your heart do a flip-flop!

45. Switzerland says:

that whole quote about his life being meaningless without bella ( very dark but there were stars… )pretty much pushed my obsession with this character overboard :)

46. Happy Birthday Edward!! :) <3
    -I Love Everything about Edward, especially the way he loves Bella and how he is a true gentleman.
    -My favorite quote is in BD when Bella says By The Way, I Love You, and Edward says “That’s why we’re here” I just love that quote for some reason.

47. Crystal says:

I love everything about Edward, but one of my favorites has to be his insistence on his rules or boundaries for how far he’d allow their intimacy to go, for knowing his limits & refusing to push them, for maintaining his & Bella’s virginity until marriage. One more thing I applaud Stephanie for when she could have caved to “modern-day” morals in their behaviors. But then anything else wouldn’t have been true to Edward’s character would it? Always a gentleman. Happy Birthday Edward!

48. i love everything about edward !!! i love the part when edward is showing bella the benefits of having a huge bed in eclipse..

i forgot in which book edward leaves the note that says : LOOK AFTER MY HEART, I’VE LEFT IT WITH YOU.
    can someone please tell me ? which book and the page too…

thank you !

49. i love everything about edward !!!
    i love the part where edwards shoes bella the benefits of having a huge bed in eclipse!

can someone please tell me ? which book and the page too…

thank you !

50. Laura :D says:

love the “i prefer brunettes” line, and of course, everything else about edward