Create your own Vampire Baseball Video! You could win 2 tickets to see Vampire Baseball on July 4, 2009 and your video will be featured on the Videowall at PGE Stadium during the Vampire Baseball event! Mike Welch, Peter Facinelli, Rachelle LeFevere, Solomon Trimble, Edi Gathegi, Christian Serratos, and more are going to be there playing at this event which is also a fundraiser for he Make a Wish Foundation.
This contest is sponsored by FanTrips.Travel and the following fansites are participating in this contest : Twilight Facebook, His Golden Eyes, Twilighters Anonymous, Twilight Source, Twilight Lexicon, Twilight Moms, Twilight Series Theories, Bella and Edward, Simply Twilight and Twilighters Hub. Other fansites may be added at anytime.
Entries: June 5 – June 14, 2009.
Finalists announced June 17th, 2009.
Winners announced June 21, 2009.
Here’s what you need to do to enter the contest:
1. Make sure to read the Contest Rules and Guidelines(found if you click the “continue reading” at the bottom of this entry). If you are under 18 years of age, you must have your parent or guardian read the Guidelines and agree to them in order for you to participate.
2. Make your video! Title your video. Include the name of the fansite you are submitting for in your title.
(example: My Fabulous Winning Vampire Home Run / Twilight Lexicon)
3. Create a YouTube account if you don’t already have one. You can use a parent’s account if you are under 18, or create your own account with your own email address. Make sure you get your parent’s permission before setting up your account.
4. Upload your video to YouTube:
Go to the Vampire Baseball Group page on YouTube and click “Join the Group”. Choose Add videos from top right of page. Select videos from your lists of videos to add to this group. Your videos should appear on the left side of the page. Check the box and then click the “Add to Group” button. Click “Done”
5. Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org and let us know that you’ve entered the contest. Please send us your name, age, and the name of the YouTube account holder.
6. Tell all your friends to vote for you and enter their own videos!
GUIDELINES AND OFFICIAL RULES
* The term “Contest” refers to the Vampire Baseball Video Conest
* The “Contest Sponsor/Administrator” is FanTrips.Travel, which is located at 2121 N. Weber St., Colorado Springs, CO 80907, is the sponsor and administrator of the Contest (“Sponsor”). YouTube is not a sponsor of the Contest and has no responsibility or liability regarding the conduct or administration of the Contest.
* The “Contestant” is the owner of the YouTube account associated with a Video Submission.
* A “Video Submission” is any video uploaded to the YouTube Contest site prior to midnight EST June 14, 2009.
* You must be 18 years old or you must have permission from your parents if you are under 18 – making sure they have read the contest guidelines and that they have approved for you to set up a YouTube account/or to use their YouTube account
* Previous video-making experience is neither required nor prohibited.
* The Contest is void where prohibited by law.
* The following individuals are not eligible to enter the Contest: employees, directors and officers of the Contest Sponsors, the U.S. government, Google, Inc., YouTube, LLC, and each of their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, as well as contractors of the U.S. government, distribution, web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and Contest agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Contest (collectively, “Contest Parties”), and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling and spouse or “step” of each) and those living in the same households of each such individual.
* Video Submissions should be about “Vampire Baseball”.
* Be creative! You write it. You cast it. You direct and shoot it.
* Video Submissions may be no more than four minutes in length, including titles.
* Video Submissions may use any narrative and technical style, including documentary, fiction, live action or animation.
* Each Contestant may submit as many videos as you like as long as the submission is received by the posted deadlines.
* Video Submissions must be in English or have English subtitles. Contestants may use an online translation tool such as translate.google.com to create the English text. Most video editing software includes a titling tool, but free titling software is also available on the Internet.
* Video Submissions must be uploaded to the YouTube Contest site at www.youtube.com/vampirebaseball by midnight EST June 14, 2009. See uploading instructions below.
* Once a video is uploaded to the YouTube Contest site it is considered final and may not be modified or edited.
* Finalists will be expected to provide Contest Sponsors with a broadcast-quality copy of their Video Submissions on tape or DVD, an electronic copy of the video transcript and a shot list in order for the Submission to be aired on television and distributed on DVD.
* No Video Submissions will be returned.
* Video Submissions may contain original content, content in the public domain and copyrighted content in keeping with the following two rules;
o Video Submissions must not contain any elements including music, audio, speech/voiceovers, stills, video, supers, or other audiovisual materials that is copyrighted, protected by trade secret or otherwise subject to third party proprietary rights, including privacy and publicity rights, unless the Contestant is the owner of such rights or has permission from their rightful owner to post the material and to grant Contest Sponsors all of the license rights granted herein and has documentation to that effect.
o By uploading a Video Submission, the Contestant affirms that he or she has obtained the necessary rights, licenses, consents and permissions to use all material in the video, including but not limited to rights to use original content not produced by the Contestant and consent from all individuals whose image or likeness appears in the video and that he or she is prepared to provide documentation to that effect upon request. Failure to obtain such rights and consents may result in the disqualification of the Submission at the Sponsors’ sole discretion.
o Videos must not contain profanity, explicit sexual material, graphic violence, appeals to violence or commercial promotion. Videos must adhere to the norms of civil discourse and should not contain material that might be considered abusive, inflammatory or disrespectful to other groups or individuals.
1. The person named as the registered owner of the YouTube user account associated with the Video Submission will be considered the Contestant and will be the only person eligible to compete for the grand prize with the following exception: an individual may upload a video to the YouTube Contest site on behalf of another individual and designate that other individual as the rightful winner of any eventual prize if that other individual meets all eligibility requirements. You can use a parent’s account if you are under 18, or create your own account with your own email address. Make sure you get your parent’s permission before setting up your account.
2. If there is no name on the YouTube account associated with the Submission, it will be considered an anonymous entry. An anonymous Video Submission may be posted on the Contest site and may be recognized as a semifinalist, finalist or winner of the anonymous category, but it will be ineligible for one of the grand prizes.
3. Contestants must identify their country when uploading their Video Submissions. Dual nationals, immigrants or foreign residents of a country may choose to identify their Video Submissions with either their country of origin or their country of residence but may choose only one. The video will be considered a Submission from the country identified during upload for the purposes of the judging process. Any Submission without a country label will be considered an anonymous entry and will not be eligible to win one of the three grand prizes.
Liabilities and Rights:
1. The Contest Sponsors do not endorse any Video Submission or any opinion, recommendation, or advice expressed therein, and the Contest Sponsors expressly disclaim any and all liability in connection with Video Submissions.
2. The Contest Sponsors do not permit copyright infringing activities and infringement of intellectual property rights and will remove all Video Submissions in violation of copyright protections if properly notified that a Submission infringes on another’s intellectual property rights.
3. The Contestant assumes sole responsibility for the material contained in the Video Submission and for the consequences of posting it on the Contest site.
4. Neither Contest Sponsors nor any of the Contest Parties are liable for any disputes between collaborators related to a Video Submission.
5. Contestants retain ownership of their videos. However, by submitting a video to the Contest, Contestants grant Contest Sponsors a worldwide, non-exclusive, royalty-free, transferable license to use, reproduce, distribute, prepare derivative works of, display, and perform the Video Submissions in any media formats and through any media channels in connection with the Contest and in connection with the business of the Contest Sponsors.
1. Videos must be compressed to 100 MB or less for uploading on YouTube.
2. Videos must be formatted in “.avi”, “.mov”, “.mpg”, or “.wmv” for uploading on YouTube.
3. Log into YouTube at www.YouTube.com/signup.
4. IF CONTESTANTS ALREADY HAVE A YouTube ACCOUNT: Sign in under the “Member Login” section.
5. TO ENTER THE CONTEST IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A YouTube ACCOUNT: Contestants must complete the free registration form. You can use a parent’s account if you are under 18, or create your own account with your own email address. Make sure you get your parent’s permission before setting up your account.
6. Once Contestants are registered and logged into YouTube, they should visit the Contest website at www.YouTube.com/vampirebaseball
7. On the Contest website homepage, locate the Contest Module in the right column and Click on the Submit tab. It is within this module that all contest submissions will be entered.
8. Contests must include the name of the fansite they are submitting “for” in order to be judged by that fansite for the initial round of finalists. (Each fansite will be selecting one video to be a finalist in the contest)
9. On the Submit tab click on the Upload button to upload the contest entry to YouTube.
10. After uploading the video, or if the video has already been uploaded, click the Continue button on the Contest Module Submit tab to proceed to the next step.
11. Enter the Contestant’s YouTube username in the contest module and click the Continue button to proceed to the next step.
12. Select the appropriate video to enter in the contest from all of the Contestant’s uploaded videos. Preview any video by clicking the video thumbnail image on the left side of the module.
13. Before submitting the video entry, the Contestant must agree to the contest terms and conditions by checking the checkbox below the video player.
14. You’ll know if the video was submitted correctly because the Contest Module Submit tab will confirm that the video was submitted to the Contest.
15. YouTube will send a confirmation email to the video owner’s email address. Click the URL in the confirmation email to verify the submitted the contest entry.
Round 1: Participating contest fansites will vote on their finalist to be submitted in Round 2 of the contest.
Starts at 12:00:01 a.m. EST Monday, June 15, 2009. Ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Each fan site will vote the video they want to submit from those videos uploaded by their website’s fans.
Each fan site is in charge of tallying the votes for video submissions from their fans.
Fansite selections will be announced Wednesday, June 17, 2009 through the participating fansites and at the Vampire Baseball YouTube Group page http://www.youtube.com/group/vampirebaseball
Members will vote on the finalist videos to pick their three top favorites.
Starts at 12:00:01 a.m. EST Thursday, July 17, 2009
Ends at 11:59:59 p.m. EST Saturday, July 21, 2009
The winning finalists from each website will be highlighted on the Contest site (www.youtube.com/vampirebaseball) for judging Thursday, June 17, 2009 – Saturday, July 21, 2009.
Voting for the three top videos will be opened 12:00:011 am EST on Wednesday, July 17, 2009 and will be closed 11:59:59 p.m. EST on Saturday, July 21, 2009. Members will vote on their favorite video by submitting their vote using the YouTube Voting Tool. The top three video with the most votes will be selected as the winners. Using the YouTube Voting Tool, registered YouTube members will have the opportunity to rank (1 through 3 with 1 being the highest ranking) the Finalist Videos during the Member Voting period. Instructions for using the Voting Tool will be provided. There is a LIMIT of one Voting Tool use per registered YouTube member account per hour during the Member Voting Period. At the conclusion of the Member Voting Period the votes will be tabulated by the Sponsor. The Finalists with the highest vote totals will be selected as the winners. In the event of a tie at any level, all tied entries will be re-judged by an additional judge selected by Sponsor, who, using the judging criteria detailed in the previous section, will break the tie. The top three video winners will be announced on July 22, 2009 (The New Moon 🙂 on the Contest site.
Winners: 3 video winners will be selected. (See judging guidelines for Round 2 for information on the selection process) Each winner will receive 2 Day Package tickets to the Vampire Baseball event. Travel to Portland, Oregon will be the responsibility of the winners. Attendance in person is not require; the winner’s video will still be shown during the game.
In addition, three winning videos will be aired on the PGE Park Video Wall, subject to Sponsor’s right to edit the videos in Sponsor’s sole discretion to comply with network guidelines or for any other reason.
Limit one prize per person. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES IN CONTEST IS: $ 250.00.
The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to verify that a semifinalist, finalist or winning Video Submission is in full compliance with these Official Contest Rules before the Contestant is recognized as a semifinalist, finalist or winning Video and before awarding any prize.
1. The Contest Sponsors reserve the right to require prize winners to submit to a confidential background check to confirm eligibility as a condition of awarding the prize to help ensure that the use of any such person in advertising or publicity for the Contest will not bring Contest Sponsors into public disrepute, contempt, scandal or ridicule or reflect unfavorably on the Contest as determined by Contest Sponsors in their sole discretion.
2. Travel to the United States is contingent on the winners’ eligibility to receive a U.S. tourist visa. The Contest Sponsors will make all reasonable efforts to facilitate this process but cannot guarantee that a visa will be issued.
1. June 5, 2009 – June 14, 2009 – Call for entires
2. June 15, 2009 – June 16, 2009: First round of judging by participating fansites.
3. June 17, 2009: Finalists announced (one finalist will be nominated by each participating fansite)
4. June 17 – June 21, 2009 Second round of judging by members at the “Contest site”
5. June 22, 2009 Winners Announced
6. July 4, 2009 Winning videos will be featured at PGE Park during the Vampire Baseball event
General Terms and Conditions: If for any reason the Contest is not capable of running as planned, including without limitation, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Contest, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion to cancel, modify or terminate the Contest. Further, the Contest Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to disqualify any individual deemed to be (a) tampering or attempting to tamper with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or any Contest Sponsor or YouTube; (b) violating the Official Rules; (c) violating the YouTube Terms of Service, or (d) acting in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person.
LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY AND RELEASE: Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties assume no liability or responsibility resulting from any user’s participation in or attempt to participate in the Contest or ability or inability to upload or download any information in connection with participating in the Contest. Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties assume no responsibility or liability for technical problems or technical malfunction arising in connection with any of the following occurrences which may affect the operation of the Contest: hardware or software errors; faulty computer, telephone, cable, satellite, network, electronic, wireless or Internet connectivity or other online communication problems; errors or limitations of any Internet service providers, servers, hosts or providers; garbled, jumbled or faulty data transmissions; failure of any email transmissions to be sent or received; lost, late, delayed or intercepted email transmissions; inaccessibility of the Web Site in whole or in part for any reason; traffic congestion on the Internet or the Web Site; unauthorized human or non-human intervention of the operation of the Contest, including without limitation, unauthorized tampering, hacking, theft, virus, bugs, worms; or destruction of any aspect of the Contest, or loss, miscount, misdirection, inaccessibility or unavailability of an email account used in connection with the Contest. Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties are not responsible for any typographical errors in the announcement of prizes or these Official Rules, or any inaccurate or incorrect data contained on the Web Site. Use of Web Site is at user’s own risk. Contest Sponsors and the Contest Parties are not responsible for any personal injury or property damage or losses of any kind which may be sustained to user’s or any other person’s computer equipment resulting from participation in the Contest, use of the Web Site or the download of any information from the Web Site. By participating in the Contest, the Contestant releases Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties from any and all claims, damages or liabilities arising from or relating to such Contestant’s participation in the Contest. Contest Sponsors and Contest Parties are not liable in the event that any portion of the Contest is cancelled due to weather, fire, strike, acts of war or terrorism, or any other condition beyond their control (a “Force Majeure Event”). Should a Force Majeure Event occur, Contest Sponsors may, but are not obligated to, exercise reasonable efforts to air the winning videos and deliver all or part of the prize or make a reasonable substitution in their sole discretion.