Kristen Stewart: Metro Canada Interview

Kristen Stewart is number four in Metro Canada’s ongoing five-part series. They have previously given an overview, talked with Chris Weitz and Taylor Lautner, and next up they are promising Robert Pattinson.  On a side note, in a year and a half of covering movie related stories, this is hands down the best Kristen Stewart interview we’ve seen.

What are the changes in this second installment? Your character Bella takes risks again…

Well, she loses what basically gives her the drive to do anything in her whole life. She loses the man she’s in love with, but she also loses her entire life plan, and she’s so young to have to be forced into a decision like that. It’s just a glorified, elaborate version of the worst breakup you’ve ever been through. All of a sudden you question everything. All of a sudden you know nothing and you’re dropped in the middle of a freezing cold ocean.

Oddly, we have a character that’s warm enough and bright enough to bring her out of that, and it’s truly gut-ripping. Because as perfect as Jacob is for her, she holds on to an ideal, the ultimate fiery love that she has for Edward even though it’s not comfortable, it’s not practical and it’s not a good idea. So it’s really a very strong thing to do. It takes someone who really trusts themselves…”

So what does Kristen prefer, the werewolf or the vampire?

Kristen shouldn’t open her mouth (Laughs). Kristen is entirely torn. Kristen should stop using her name in the third person…”

Comments

1. that was a great interview!!

So what does Kristen prefer, the werewolf or the vampire?

Kristen shouldn’t open her mouth

*she totally wants/has robbbb* bahahaha

2. This is one of the best interviews I have ever read from Kristen. She is so Talented and Beautiful too.

3. This is a great interview! She is seriously my perfect Bella. She takes the part very seriously and seems to love it just as much as the fans.

4. This interview is why I love her. Cut throat bare bones honesty. Love it!!

5. What a wonderful interview! Unfortunately there are so many people out there who will probably twist this to fit their vision of the poor girl…I think she did a very good job of articulating herself, and hopefully everyone realizes that. I think she definitely showed how much the characters and story mean to her…so stop questioning it people! lol.

• La Bruja says:

I agree with you 100%

• Julie M. says:

I’ll second that! I never had any doubt about her commitment to the character. This was an awesome interview. You rock Kristen!!

• Chela85 says:

Yes, Kristen did a fantastic job.

• Chela85 says:

This was a wonderful interview. It almost makes you proud of her hahaha. That sounds weird but so many people say negative things about her, and yet here she is still pouring her heart into the character that some of the negative people love. She was poised, funny, and completely enjoyable. Way to go Kristen! Can’t wait to see what more you do =) Also props to Metro. They’re posting some of the best interviews ever! They aren’t repetitive and very interesting questions are being asked. Thank you so much.

6. WannaBeMrs.Cullen says:

What a great interview! She really seems like someone you could be friends with. I don’t why there are so many haters out there-she is a great actress and a great “Bella”.

7. Wow!Kristen was really talkative in this interview! She even laughed. I think she does an amazing job portraying Bella and her pain in this interview and in the trailer/movie! Stop hating on her people. She’s W-O-N-D-E-R-F-U-L!

8. Lirella says:

it’s realy cool, that she feels Bella like herself… She’s perfect Bella…

9. You’re right. This is one of the best interview by Kristen. She is growing into a woman who is losing that awkwardness of the teenage years. I have always liked her style and the projects she has been chosen for herself. Thank goodness she is finally in a movie people want to see.

10. I am so glad that Kristen cares as much about Bella, Edward and Jacob as we the fans do. Most actors just do the role and go on with life. She seems to want to bring Bella to life on screen from the books as much as possible. Your fans “Love you Kristen” and thanks so much for your hard work. Great Interview.

11. This really was a good interview with her. She’s honest, thoughtful, and well-spoken. Just goes to show she was perfect for this role!

12. arazcal says:

and people say she doesn’t “get” Bella…..how much more in tune with her character could she be?!

13. La Bruja says:

This interview just goes to show how dedicated Kristen is and It Proves how well she understands Bellas character and what it’s really about.
    GO Kristen! I always like you and thought you were the best person to bring out the character of Bella.
    anyone else who doesnt think so needs a reality check BIGTIME.

14. THANK GOODNESS!!!!!! Finally some great comments about kstew and her love 4 bella. Some of those JOAN JETT comments were crazy yesterday..(and believe me i said my thoughts about it).Good interview kristen cant wait 4 new moon.Keep the good thoughts coming TWIFRIENDS!!!!

15. I loved this interview. She always seems a little nervous and unsure of herself in other interviews. In this one she was very poised and you could tell that she was comfortable. Well done, Kristin.

16. oops…Kristen. sorry :(

17. I have to give really big props to Metro for this wonderful interview. Kristen really spoke up in this, and I liked that. It really shows how deticated she is to this series and how much she loves doing what she does. Kudos to her. :)

18. Twilighter14 says:

wow! i luv kstew anyway but this was really an AWESOME interview from her! i luv the 3rd person thing it was cute. i wonder which team she’s on anyway?? :) oh well i guess we’ll never know.

19. Finally an interviewer who actually asks thoughtful questions! Thank you metro for a great interview that showcases Kristen the way she should be, bright and in tune with Bella 100%. :D

• I agree with you…Its about time an interviewer asks the things that really matter and allows the actor/actress to respond without interuption. Kristen did a great job for us all.

20. cristina says:

how do i find the rest of the interview? or is it just short?

• The link is in the explanation before the clip-it of the interview:

“Kristen is number four…” It’s highlighted; just click on it, and it should lead you to the interview.

21. see, she’s not a total beotch, just smart and not a girl who suffers from wordvomnit.
    she’s great. a REAL PERSON as well as an actress.

22. I’ve always been a big fan of hers. I love how dedicated she is. Can’t wait to see her as Joan Jett ^.^

23. I don’t really like Kristen Stewart, and I think she LOOKS like the perfect Bella, but doesn’t really act like her well.

However I loved this interview. It showed a better side of her. A side of her I could probably start liking more.

Way to go Kristen! Start earning the fans trust back!

• Edward (L) says:

I don’t think Kristen ever lost the fan’s respect or trust, as she has done nothing that should make a fan question her. I think that people just don’t stop and try to understand her. They assume that her awkwardness in interviews means that she doesn’t care for Twilight, but in fact she does but she just expresses her words differently, heck if I was asked some of the questions asked of her, then I wouldn’t know how to answer them either because one way or the other some fans will not agree and this is where the assumption arises that she has a lack of interest and dedication. This interview will make those people who dislike her think twice.

24. Ok, I am really starting to like her. She is coming into herself.

25. Thanks to Metro for asking real questions. So many times, interviewers ask KS, RP and TL questions that are just silly. This interview gave Kristen the opportunity to express herself as intellegent and creative with a good sense of humor. I hope we get to see more of that when New Moon makes the promotional talk-show circuit.

26. really great interview…shows who she really is apart from all the media/fan backlash of her being a Teenager!

27. Yup, I totally agree–one of the best interviews I’ve seen from Kristen. I can see that she is slowly coming out of her awkward shell…(well, at least I’m hoping. X3)

I really look forward to seeing her in NM now; maybe her coming out of her shell has reflected on Bella? (IE, the coy look she gave Edward when she asked him to kiss her.)

28. That was a great interview…she seemed much more comfortable with this interviewer then she has in the past.

29. Anonymous says:

Yes, her feelings are still true and her intentions haven’t changed but she seems far more capable of articulating herself. Let me rephrase: articulating herself in a manner that won’t get her into trouble.

It’s a tough business and she seems to be going with the flow and doing very well. I’m very excited to see her grow as an actress. I think her portrayal of Bella in New Moon will have improved ten fold.

But the too cool for school comment? Really Kristen? Tsk, tsk. Just kidding! I’d give up school to be an actor any day!

30. I agree with Michelle… This is the best invterview I have read on Kristen Stewart… This is straight from the Heart and it is awesome to see and read how much she loves playing Bella and how much she is into too… She is a great actress and is very Pretty… I am glad that they choose her and Robert Pattinson to play these amazing Characters…

31. I was very happy to read Kristen’s intelligent remarks in this interview. For a minute there I was worried that she was getting too exhausted by work and/or distracted by certain, ahem, substances, but I guess she can handle it. Can’t wait for NM!

32. WOW. I almost got tears in my eyes.Kristen expressed herself so very well.This interview was really something.I’m really glad people will get to know her better from now on.

33. Kristina says:

Definitley the best interview ever! She’s so smart, and grown up for her age! I mean, I am her age and I’m still spoiled brat caring, most of the time, for no one but myself, and she’s so dedicated to Stephenie, to fans, to Bella and Edward and their story! It’s amazing! I think she’s a good role model for all of us spoiled brats :)