Jamie Campbell Bower Lands Harry Potter Role

The French Harry Potter site, L’ Univers de Harry Potter , spoke to Jamie’s manager at the Cannes Film Festival. Jamie’s manager confirmed what had long been rumored on Harry Potter sites, that Jamie Campbell Bower would be playing the role of Grindelwald in  Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows film.

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows is currently filming on the UK seacoast. The next installment, Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince was originally slated to open last November, but Warner Brothers changed their date to July (in fact they recently changed it to open two days earlier than announced) which opened up the opportunity for Twilight to run unchallenged in the teen market this past fall.

Congratulations to Jamie!

Comments

1. shveet!!! I think he’ll be a GREAT Grindelwald!

2. The two worlds collide again: Harry Potter and the Twilight saga! Exciting times!

3. AAAWESOME!!!

4. vampbball says:

Agree with all above comments; he looks just like how I imagined Grindelwald!

Of course the real question is…who will play 17 year-old Albus?

5. Twifanatic Amanda says:

great. now whenever I think of him I’ll think of young hot grindlewald/dumbledore sex. I guess that’s better than crazy stalker sweeney todd kid.

6. I congragulate Jamie i LOVE him hes jst so cool hes a wonderful actor,singer,songwriter and all round person im just scared that once he does New Moon an Harry Potter then he will be famouse and everyone will love him and not just like 20 people. so i would like EVERYONE to know that ever seince Sweeny Todd i have LOVED Jamie and was his ORIGINAL fan. i know he will do great.

• Totally agree! Jamie is so talented! I’ve loved him since Sweeney as well. He’s amazing. I don’t blame you. I don’t like the idea of everyone obsessing over Jamie just for being in HP and New Moon either but I guess it can’t be helped. :(

7. I seem to remember seeing this same news report on mugglenet.com a few weeks ago. Oh well, congratulations (again) :)

8. YESS i love the potter movies as well as twilight.Ill steal you jaaaaaaaaaamie bower…..Remember folks there is enough room in this world for WIZARDS and VAMPIRES….

• I fought against Twilight for the longest time because I didn’t believe the world was big enough for vampires and wizards. I’ve never been so happy to be wrong!!!!

9. sorry I know off topic, but please ladies vote for rob in the MTV awards. Look at this so far…not good.

Taylor Lautner – Best Breakout Award with 39%
    Dev Patel and Freida Pinto, Slumdog Millionaire – Best Kiss 26%
    Twilight – Best Movie 32%

10. Noureen Shallwani says:

Omg! That’s amazing! I am a huge Harry Potter fan before Twilight and since they’d been inactive, I’d forgotten about them, but it’s great to know the actors are doing both movies! Love it(:

11. Well good for him!

12. 17ivoryBlue says:

Hey so lik the new date for HP is july 17.?

13. papermoon says:

i think that was an excellent casting choice.

14. He’ll be great!

15. he will be awesome, great choice. i love the potter series and can’t wait. my ‘whole’ family,
    aunts, uncles, cousins, everyone stop what they are doing and go see them together. we’ve done this since the beginning and its always a crazy time as everyone rearranges schedules and makes the time. i
    can’t wait until july! go jamie

16. i cant wait to see the half blood prince! im reading the series now and im on the 3rd one i wanna get them all read b4 july tho.

17. Minaminx says:

I’m a little sad… What are we going to do when all the Twilight saga movie’s are made and all the Harry potters are done :-(

• HPFangirl71 says:

We just have to light a fire up under JK and Steph to get them to write more of these extremely addictive sagas, with enough badgering maybe they will listen!!

18. HPFangirl71 says:

This is why it pays to be a fan of both sagas!! I think Jamie is hott and cant wait to see him in new moon and now i get to see him in HP too!! Awesome!!

19. Yay Jamie ! I also too love the Harry Potter books not as much as Twilight but I think his character will be awesome.

20. aww glad its all come out now.. Jamie told me about 3 weeks ago im so happy for him

21. AWESOME!

22. ILoveAliceCullen says:

Perfect, he is perfect for acting Grindewald!
    And he’s a good Caius too. :)

He’s cute and evil at the same time. <3

23. YAYAYYAYAYAYAYAAYYAYAYAYAY!! My two loves come together again!!

24. i just got back from the theater and the harry potter 6 poster said june 6th..

25. WTF? How the hell does he land all these roles all of a sudden?
    First Caius now Grindelwald?
    I really am seriously freaked out… Jamie Campbell Bower does NOT = Gellert Grindelwald under any circumstance… although if he does manage to pull it off, I’ll be seriously considering rooting for him in New Moon! Vamps rule!

26. EWWWWWWW this guy is sooo gross!!! Grindelwald is supposed to be an old man. WTH?! Seriously guys, this dude is grody and girly… YUKLES!!

27. Klasse, es ist einfach eine Pracht und ich werde es weiter empfehlen

1. [...] See the news (in French) HERE. Thanks to the Twilight Lexicon for posting the news (in English) HERE! [...]

2. [...] to Jamie! Read the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]

3. [...] It seems that Rob won’t be the only Twilight star to appear in a Harry Potter Film! Apparently, Jamie Campbell Bower’s manager met L’Univers de Harry Potter at the Cannes film festival and confirmed that Jamie will be playing Grindelwald in Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows! See the news (in French) HERE. Thanks to the Twilight Lexicon for posting the news (in English) HERE! [...]