Justin Guarini In Consideration

Justin Guarini spoke to MTV to let them know that he is actually a fan of the Twilight Saga books, and that his bid to get on the soundtrack is not just the flavor of the month to him. He’s waiting to hear back on whether or not his song is being accepted.

“Although Guarini’s “New Moon” fate is still up in the air, he did say that the folks at the Chop Shop, the film’s music supervisors, have told him they’ve given the song a listen and will let him know if he makes the cut as soon as the decision is made. Guarini said that’s more than enough recognition for now. “I’m just happy they are considering it,” said the TV Guide Channel host, who’s currently working on his third full-length album. “It would be an honor to be on the soundtrack.”

Get the full scoop on MTV.

Comments

1. Noooooooooo!

2. NOOOOOOO!!!!!!!! If he makes the soundtrack & not Kelly Clarkson thats a load of crap. She is a much better singer & her song is 10000x better than his. Seriously? ugh it makes me sick

3. shavei7 says:

Noooooooooooo. dammit. his song was effin cheesy.

4. I just don’t know. It doesn’t seem like it fits. The right “feel” isn’t there. *shrug*

5. Gross. Not what I think of when I think of Twilight. Bleck.

6. not no but Hell no!! The song wasn’t very creative!! He will ruin the soundtrack

7. Neither him or Kelly Clarkson should be considered for the soundtrack. This is getting ridiculous. Practically every second artist is looking to jump on the Twilight band wagon. Both his song and Kelly’s are just completely forced. A desperate act to seek the tone of the books that went miserably wrong on both songs. Stick to the largely unknown groups that made the Twilight soundtrack (the majority having be asked rather than begging)!

• Chrystal says:

You are so right on, I will be extremely disappointed if Kelly Clarkson gets on the soundtrack, so much so, I don’t think I would buy it. I love the twilight soundtrack, and have found quite a few new bands which I really like. So don’t fill us with the mainstream ordinary, let us be mystified with the new and unknown, so much like the books themselves…

• Amen

8. What does that little avatar say? Ahahahaha…NO!
    I can’t say it’s a bad song or anything, I think it appeals to the mainstream but Twilight really ISN’T mainstream, even though the media has picked up on it and there are a ton of fans who are just following the newest trend. At it’s core Twilight is very much it’s own little world and I don’t think this song has the right vibe to draw you into that world. I’m sure it would do fine on it’s own but I see no reason for it to be on the soundtrack.

9. ok i’m just laughing my ass off because everyone of these comments says no.AHAHAHAHAHA!!!!!! so im pretty sure he has his answer now (i can’t stop laughingXD)

10. I have no idea about what goes into making a soundtrack, but somehow, I feel like these are not the right choices. The film is darker, and it seems like indie-ish music choices would be better. I know a lot of people like A Fine Frenzy, Ingrid Michaelson, and Sia. The Twilight OST was a good mix of different bands, I wish they’d kinda stick with that format for New Moon too.

11. ewWwWl i really hope that they do not put kelly or justin in the soundtrack. i think that these people are just saying that the like to books to get an extra 15 min.

plus I sgree 100% with Chrystal

12. I’m all for the INDIE BANDS. I love Kelly and Justin but their sound isn’t right but the lyrics are great.
    THESE BOOKS ARE WAY TOO SPECIAL TO PLAY ON.

13. Brittiany says:

NOW!!!!!!!! He’s not right.

14. Brittiany says:

Its becomming to commercial. I want it to be like the first cd.

15. mschicklet says:

NO NO NO NO NO!!!! This song is terrible… all his songs are terrible. MAKE HIM GO AWAY!!

16. Twifanatic Amanda says:

ewwwww

17. oh gosh. i agree with kevin and i hope they put coldplay on the soundtrack.

18. Devon061381 says:

Please dear Jesus, no.

19. make the icky singer go away people
    they should really listen to the fans and say no to this dude

20. Caitlin says:

Is anyone else amused by the fact that Justin looks like Bob Ross in this picture?

• Hahaha! Oh my gosh you’re right, he definitely does look like Bob Ross here. Perhaps immediately after the picture was taken, he scampered off to paint some happy trees and hang out with his squirrel buddy…

21. I really hope the people in charge of the New Moon soundtrack have better taste than this.

22. Who is this guy? Someone pleae tell me.

23. I’m sure he’s a nice guy but I DID NOT LIKE THE SONG! IT’S DOESN’T FIT!! No, No, No!!!

24. NONONONONONO
    @ciera – He was runner up on American idol…

25. In the end it is up the the studio and the execs to decide who will be on the soundtrack.

but if people want indie and non mainstream then why suggest Coldplay they are mainstream at least where I am from in the northeast. And Linkin Park was on the first soundtrack as well. They have been mainstream for years.

Just my opinion, but let the studio decide what they think is best for the soundtrack they didn’t disappoint us the last time did they?

26. IEnvyBella says:

Ehhhh. Please no Sideshow Bob on the NM soundtrack! I haven’t even heard the song(how do you guys all know which song they’re considering, anyways?), but I know that anything he writes/sings is not gonna be something I want associated with anything Twilight in any way, shape, or form.

27. uh…No. just no, next thing we know it’s going to be the cast of High school musical doing the New Moon soundtrack.

28. Mary Alice Cullen says:

NOOOOOOOOOOPPPPPPPPPPPPPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE. NO way jose, he better leave New Moon alone.

29. The thing is, Kelly has been a huge fan, she has blogged about it numerous times. She did say she would love to be on the soundtrack, BUT, the song floating around of hers called “Did You” wasn’t written for the soundtrack. It was song from her previous cd, that didn’t make the cd, and some fans started the rumor that the song is the one she was submitting, and wanting to be on the cd. There has been no word from Kelly saying that is fact. If she was picked, I’m sure it would be a different song that she would write for it, or has one tucked away already that she would like on there. Justin’s maybe doing it for the publicity, he NEEDS all he can get. Kelly is far from needing the exposure, she wants it, just because she’s a big fan of the series. BIG difference.

• Mary Alice Cullen says:

yep i hear you.

• Peace.Love.Twilight. says:

I totally agree! I do not think that he really wants to be on the album because he is a “fan of the books.” Probably has to do with him flaunting around saying that it would be an honor…he probably just wants the money, cause anything Twilight is going to get people money..lol

• Peace.Love.Twilight. says:

Ok the lyrics were right on..but the song itself was AWFUL!!! It was too upbeat and some of the lyrics were corny..not gonna lie, but at least he did try to make it based on the books…

I just think it would be a horrible thing if he got on the album because of that song, I definitely would not buy that in a million years…

Oh and when I was listening to it, I could not stop laughing because it was so corny :)

30. Obviously, Justin has not made such a big impression in the music industry as some have wished. He is just basically known as the runner-up from AMERICAN IDOL. He doesn’t have a bad voice, and doesn’t have great voice…he’s just average. I say that he should choose a new path…like writting music. I think he could do a good job if he wrote for other bands. Espically if he has that much passion for the TWILIHGT SAGA he claims to have, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind.

31. The HTIC says:

This has got to be a joke. This will ruin the movie. I like the fact that the music choice is eccentric. I hope this does not happen

32. thank you i heard this a few weeks ago and was like please someone gag me this song is trash ans he stinks if he makes it on im not buying the soundtrack

33. I really hate this song, and if he honestly thinks it has a chance to make it on the soundtrack, he is delusional…

34. Good lord, I hope not! I will be so pissed!

35. I agree with all of the comments! No, sorry Justin, but no. I really hope they stick with more no-namers with great sound, like the sound track to twilight. I still love listening to the twilight soundtrack!

36. Ashleigh says:

I don’t like this song and I hope it doesn’t end up in the movie or the soundtrack. Like someone said twilights more rock edgy and this music’s a bit too soft and I guess it’s a bit too like whiny for bella. Plus I can’t really imagine this working with a movie.

I liked the fact that the Twilight soundtrack introduced me to some lesser known bands. They had some great music to share and it really worked well.

• Peace.Love.Twilight. says:

I definitely agree! But I think the song is in Edward’s point of view…but still it sucks.

37. Hell No! That song sucks! He is such as has/bin never was bin.

38. bunbun81 says:

well the song doesn’t suck. its catchy. but yeah, i don’t think it has the right “feel” for the movie or the soundtrack. well, i don’t know what’s gonna be on the soundtrack. it might very well be different from the first soundtrack. afterall they are different movies. and with new moon being darker than twilight, maybe we should have The Cure on the new moon soundtrack…LOL…

39. Melanie says:

All will be forgiven if they get Kings of Leon on the soundtrack.

40. Me and my sister just listened to it and we couldn’t even finish it. It Just WON’T work for New moon. Why is he trying to crap on New Moon?
    Sorry Justin, :( Better luck next time on someone else. Twilight fans aren’t THAT lame. And next time steal a line people won’t recognize.

41. puke.

42. La Bruja says:

Kelly Clarkson or however you spell it..and now him?
    Who is next Britany spears and Hannah Montanna for the soundtrack? UGH..for crying out loud this is staring to tick me off. just NO.

43. Lmao! Lmao!!!!! I can’t barely type… lmao!!!! Oh! Come on… be serious, perhaps this guy doesn’t c the obvious? Let’s stick with not-so-known-rock bands: indie, gothic… whatever!!!! Seriouly this is starting to get on my nerves…Ugh!!!! So, let’s hope for any of those pricks DON’T GET ON the soundtrack…

44. If there are any American Idols in the movie soundtrack, it’s going to seriously discredit the director.
    PLEASE NO!

45. There are alot of talented songwriters out there, it doesn’t have to be all famous singers/bands who
    get on the soundtrack. They should pick a few unknowns.
    visit http://www.myspace.com/latoniasalazar
    listen to Consumed.

46. i’m coming out of lurkdom to say, HALE NO! NO! just NO!
    thx.

47. ugh no thanx! if they have any common sense and decent taste in music they’ll know not to include that lame attempt. it was fairly rancid o_O

48. Thparkle says:

That’s great if he’s really a Twilight fan. But my advice to him is just be a fan of it, please don’t try to be a part of it. Because your music blows, Sorry!

49. Thparkle says:

That goes for Kelly Clarkson too. Please stop trying to get on a soundtrack (if its true), your music is New Moon material. And if they use Justin’s or Kelly’s I will be royally pissed as will other Twilight fans. IMO I think they should go the route of indie and less well known people aka NOT media whores! They put in some indie artists on Twilight soundtrack and IMO it worked nicely.

50. Thparkle says:

SERIOUSLY PEOPLE IT BOGGLES MY MIND AS TO WHY THIS SONG WASN’T ON THE TWILIGHT SOUNDTRACK BUT MAYBE IT CAN BE ON THE NEW MOON SOUNDTRACK, NO?

VAMPIRE BY PEOPLE IN PLANES