Twilight Conventions: A Fan’s Viewpoint

People ask us all the time:

What’s a Twilight Convention all about?
Is it worth the money?
Do you really get to meet people?

Obviously every fan experience is different, but the Cullen Boys Site has a fan write-up of the latest convention put on by Creation Entertainment. Creation has been in the convention business for several decades and is known for putting on top notch shows for a variety of fandoms.

Alphie and Pel  are going to be at several up coming conventions this year: Summer School in Forks Symposium in June ( these folks have been running successful Harry Potter conventions for years), The Creation Entertainment Saulte to Twilight conventions in Atlanta (July), New Jersey(August), Chicago(October), San Fransicso(February)  and possibly other Creation Events.

Comments

1. Rosmelie says:

I wish you’d come to the Minneapolis TwiTour event! Then I’d see y’all again and it would be fantab! I mean, Chicago was awesome…and I’m sure the next Chicago event will be too…which I’m hoping to attend if I can get some money. I’ll have to let my girlies in Jersey know that the Lexicon will in fact be at their convention!

• Twilight_News says:

We really wanted to go to that one, but unfortunately we had plans that weekend. We’re hanging with our Harry Potter friends, seeing the movie several times, and reveling in Remus Lupin geekiness.

• Rosmelie says:

I was figuring as much. That’s where I’m going to be totally lost because I LOVE Harry Potter but of course Minneapolis was at the time the closest…plus I haven’t been there in about 8 years so it’s time to revisit! Hopefully we’ll find a way to go at midnight the night before it all begins.

2. Kristin says:

Is there anyway to get in touch with them? Im going to the NJ convention but I wont know anyone there :/

• Twilight_News says:

If you go to our forums I think we have discussion groups on cons so you can talk with fellow fans attending.

• Rosmelie says:

Kristin I know that my girlies aren’t signed up for the Lex but I can talk to them and see if they’d want a new contact for the convention. They made a ton of friends when they went to the Hot Topic signing tour with Kristen Stewart.

• Kristin says:

Thanks :) That would be nice. Im also a big fan of Jordin Sparks & ive found its better to know someone at a concert or something so you have friends to talk to about the reason your there :)

• Sabrina says:

I’ll be at the New Jersey convention too! Not that that helps much since we don’t know each other :-) Looking forward to meeting all the fab twilight fans.
      Cheers!
      Sabrina

3. I went to the SF convention in Feb and it was so worth the $$. I’m signed up for next year. Creations did a great job and had everything under control.
    We got to meet 8 cast members and they are such beautiful people!!! Love everything Twilight!!!

4. I went to this convention and it was AWESOME!!! All of the guys were great! I got to take pictures, get autographs and meet them. Kellan is the sweetest! I know everyone says that, but it is soo true. They were all so funny. There were a few draw backs and things I thought Creation did a little shady, but the actual entertainers were fantastic.

5. AnnieCullen says:

Went to the last one here in Chicago in February and it was awesome! And I cannot wait for the one in October! Glad I will be seeing u all there again :)

6. I’m going to one in 3 days in Orlando! I am very excited. I hope it will be fun, but I think it will be. I’ll send you guys the pictures, if you want. Jackson, Kellan, Peter, and Edi are all going to be at Eyecon!!!

7. Well I’m going to my First Twilight Convetion here in Dallas (TwiCon). I already bought my tickets and I can’t wait. Hope to have lots of fun and meet some of the cast. Is anyone else going to TwiCon?

8. rachel says:

we went to the first in feb in san fran we were amazed it was awesome, and were going back next feb. its worth the price theres always something going on you wint be dissapionted