Twicon Has Jackson Rathbone Up Close & Personal

This press release just in from Twicon:

Exclusive TwiCon Event With Jackson Rathbone!

For the first time at any conference anywhere, Jackson Rathbone will be offering an intimate and personal chat session at TwiCon 2009!  On Sunday, August 2nd from 10am-12pm, Jackson will join 500 fans for coffee, questions and answers, and possibly even an acoustic song or two.  It’s all about getting to know Jackson better, so he’ll be taking questions directly from fans, as well as giving 25 lucky attendees some face time by personalizing memorabilia (to be provided by the attendee) on stage in front of the audience!  Here’s how the event will work:

Fans will be seated banquet-style after grabbing a cup of coffee (provided).  During this time, screened questions will be gathered from the audience by TwiCon staff.  Each table with an approved question will receive a numbered card, which indicates the order of the questions to be asked.  The attendee designated by that table will stand and ask their approved question when it is their turn.  Jackson will be casually seated on stage and has graciously welcomed the opportunity to give the fans a closer peek into his life, so we ask in advance that the screaming be kept to a minimum during the Q&A as a respectful gesture to Jackson. We will allow attendees 2-3 minutes for flash photography upon his entrance, but photography without flash will be allowed at any time.  All attendees must be seated unless standing for a question or if they are chosen as a winner for face time with Jackson (there will be no information given on how to win until the event begins!).  Fans may ask questions of a somewhat personal nature, but remember that these questions will be screened and any inappropriate questions (boxers or briefs is not appropriate!) asked that were not approved will constitute immediate ejection from the event.  So be sure the question we screen is the question you ask!  After the Q&A, Jackson may or may not perform a song or two alone on stage.  When winners are selected to greet Jackson on stage, they will be asked to bring the item they would like signed on stage with them, give a brief introduction and Jackson will then sign and personalize the memorabilia for them.  The winner will then leave the stage and the next winner will go up.

Interested?

Tickets for Jackson’s exclusive coffee chat are $25 each.  There are only 500 tickets available.  Tickets will be available for purchase through your TwiCon registration account on Friday, May 15th at 11:59pm EST.  Each registrant is limited to one ticket.  If you are registered in a group, you may purchase one ticket for each group attendee.  As with all of our events, you must be fully registered and paid in full to be eligible for this event, and tickets are non-refundable and non-transferrable.  A waitlist will be created after tickets have sold out; an announcement will be made on our site at that time.  Start thinking about what you’d like to know about the one and only Jackson Rathbone!

See the Twicon site for full details.

Comments

1. :O man, i wish i could go i wanna meet him soo bad

2. Rachel M. says:

I can’t go. Naturally. He’s the only Twilight actor I want to meet.
    *Sigh*
    Will someone post videos of this?

3. Serenity says:

Where !!! Where !!!What city, I want to go !!!!

4. Oh, this is the only thing I’d actually fly across the country for…. I totally agree, Rachel M… he’s the one I would really like to meet… seems like such a nice person, such a talent.

5. LOVE ME SOME JAZZ-WHY CAN’T ANYTHING TWI HAPPEN AROUND MEMPHIS AREA, EVERYTHING ELSE COMES HERE. SOMEONE OUT THERE TAKE PITY ON THE MIDSOUTH. TWI-HARDS ABOUND HERE. JACKSON ESPECIALLY

• Charli says:

Try being a kiwi, nobody ever comes to New Zealand.
      Ever.

Oh well, I hope someone posts videos.

6. I wish I could go!!

Unfortunately, I doubt my parents would be happy to let me fly from Australia to America just for that…

D=

7. Twifanatic Amanda says:

They keep charging us more and more and more for this thing! I paid 255 to get a ticket to this convention and it’s 20 bucks to see 100 monkeys, 25 to do this event, who knows what else we have to pay for for this! I’m lucky enough to live 30 minutes away from the con so I don’t have to pay for a hotel room but this is getting ridiculous. My parents keep telling me they’re ripping me off and I’m tempted to believe them.

8. Jessica says:

They are probably charging more because the band wanted to make a % of the ticket sales specifically to see them. Generally how gigs work. As for the Jackson event I imagine the majority of that money is going to him and not TwiCon. Sometimes you have to pay more to go to exclusive events that are not open to everyone. At least TwiCon has had two exclusive events that are completely free. If you go to the event looking to feel ripped off and pissed at the company you’re not going to enjoy yourself so stop being a spoiled brat and just be glad you’re going and MAYBE you will have a good time.

9. Gabriella says:

Things need to start coming to FLORIDA!!!!!!!! It sucks here because nothing passes by!!!! I really really really really want to meet Jackson (he’s my favorite!!!! :D) but I don’t really think my parents would pay for me to go to Dallas because I’m only 13 and I’m going to Europe next summer *sigh*

10. I wish he would come to the little towns like mine, and like Forks. Wouldn’t that make more sense?

11. Angela says:

*sniffles* i’d like to meet Jackson

1. [...] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and [...]