When is 25 not 25?

When we read Mike Welch’s blog today and he spoke about receiving the socks spurred on by this post, of course we wanted to know how many socks he got.  So we contacted his management who told us 25 or 30 pairs of socks. Which we thought was pretty cool, but somehow we thought more fans than that had responded.

Well the next thing you know we get a phone call from Mike’s mom…yes, his mom( *waves to Mike’s mom!*). It seems that they had the number only partially right. They have received 25 BOXES of socks such as:

• baby booties (Mike’s mom is saving those for when Mike has kids of his own.)
  • tube socks
  • dress socks
  • Twilight themed socks
  • hand-knit socks
  • socks with individual toe holders.

Mike hasn’t seen them yet since he’s been filming, he’s only been told about them and the notes attached to them.

Here’s the info from the original post:

Michael Welch
4924 Balboa Boulevard
PMB #540
Encino, CA 91316

Comments

1. Celeste says:

ahh! mike got his socks in the end

2. hilarious

3. Crystal says:

LMAO! Poor Mike! That’s TOO funny…I guess I don’t need to send socks after all!!! :D

4. That’s too funny!

5. Lialice says:

Bwahaha!!! 25 BOXES of socks?!? Wow!! Now, his feet won’t ever be cold again!

6. ChrissyNandez says:

Hah! What better gift could you recieve from fans??? Ok don’t answer that. Its retorical. But that’s awesome that everyone sent him some.

7. urcoolcarrie says:

HOLY CRAP!! That is one big load of socks! i guess we’ve done our part in helping at least one of the actors! :)

8. Wow!!! That’s insane!

9. this just made me smile so big. thats soooo many socks. hahaha :)

10. jajaja that’s cute

11. Kimberly says:

Awesomee XD I’d like to see him wear the toe socks… ahaha :D

12. Oh, Twilight Latino also did an interview with Ashley Greene

It’s weird how much the actors personalities seem to mirror their characters!

13. Eternity says:

Yay socks! He probably doesn’t want to see another pair as long as he lives. We’ve traumatized him!

14. in exactly four months from today Breaking Dawn will be released! yay! too bad it couldn’t be tomorrow……….

15. Ummm… Why don’t I own Twilight socks? Well, at least Mikes feet won’t be cold. :)

16. TeamRobert! says:

Awesome! I didn’t send any socks…but I’m glad him and his mom could get a laugh out of it!
    And yes! 4 months untill Breaking Dawn!

17. Quick Question:

Mk in twilight..Alice knows Bella will try to run away to meet w/ James, why don’t they stop her?

Thanks(:

18. Wow, that’s a lot of socks.

19. Mo Gan :] says:

kheee. i wouldn’t say we TRAMATIZED him.
    but we have left an everlasting memory!!
    :DD

maybe he could distribute those socks to some of the other cast mates.
    lol spread the love?
    how about a box to every one?
    hahaha

dude, we rock. :D

20. TeamRobert! says:

Oh my goodness, look at this article!

21. HAHAHA!!! That’s great! *Hi Mike’s Mom!!!!*

22. Haha!! Wow.. that was funny!!

23. HOLY CRAP!!

25 BOXES?!

xDD

hi Mikes mom ^^

24. “You crazy beautiful people”
    I can’t help but get this huge smile every time I read one of his posts. He’s got that amazing energy that’s like spewing out of my monitor. The world needs more people like Mike. :p

25. subtleconfusionx says:

hahaha well, he wont be out of socks for a while, that for sure XD

26. Awww Im glad we could all Michael some love!

27. Just a note, Mike LOVES the socks, and so does his Mom! So keep sending them! If you haven’t yet, don’t stress, you still have time! Drop socks in the mail with a personal note! Dano even got an autographed photo back with a thank you note for her sock gift!

~Cocoa

28. silly beautiful oversensitive girl says:

lol 25 boxes??? holy crapola thats a lot of socks

29. Wow.

Baby booties. That is TOO cute! hahaha.

I’m actually thinking of sending socks now…I know it’s a little late in the game, and he DEFINITELY doesn’t need any more, but I want to play my part.

Gotta send Mike a little LOVE!!! :D

30. Cynthia says:

aww.
    thats so awesome that he received 25 BOXES!
    and that article about the stunts was pretty neat.
    kristen’s double looks so much like her.

31. amazing 25 boxes?!?!?!?! that is awesome. Send more socks for Mike…and his future children!! hahaha

32. Candace says:

AAAAAWWWWWWW!!!!!!!!! Baby socks. That’s too cute. I think he’ll be set for a life full of socks.

33. twilightfan says:

Wow, that’s a lot of socks! We should devote our lives to seeing that Mike (and any little Welshes he someday has) never run low on socks again! Gotta love it!

34. ahhhhh the baby socks sound so adorable, im glad the mom is keeping them until mike has kids of his own

35. next we should send jacop shoes. Since in the book Billy cant aford to keep buying him more.

36. TeamRobert: Thanks for posting that article!!
    I love the picture, I think the tree-running thing will actually be pretty cool and interesting, definately a unique thing!!

37. hahahahahahahahahahahah.
    awesome.

38. I propose we send ”essentials” to each of the Twilight men: cartons of eggs to Kellan, guitar picks/strings for Jackson, something for Greg, Justin, and Peter, and…boxers for Robert!! Not bcuz he’s running out of them but the thought of him wearing something I bought for him makes me hot and bothered LoL

39. Mary Alice Cullen says:

Thats a lot of socks! It was weird when they said about 25 – 30 pairs of socks I thought more people were going to send then they said 25 _ 30 boxes thats better. He will have enough for the whole year.

40. QUEENCROWN says:

omg you guys guess WHAT! I was reading Eclipse and I’m up to the part when Eddie and Bella are talking about the wolves after they decide to fight together and Ed says that THE IMPRINTING REMINDS HIM OF THE MAGIC IN A MIDSUMMER NIGHT’S DREAM.

I KNEW IT.
    FORESHADOWING!!! I REALLY THINK Jacob is going to imprint.

Maybe on Angela.

41. nahahaha says:

WOW

42. nahahaha says:

WOW i was tottaly thinking about that last night!!! and it would be really REALLY random if he did imprint on Angela but i could tottaly see SM doing that…just to shake things up a bit :)

43. what chapter is that? and thanks team robert! that article is neat and the doubles look good:)

44. but, jacob has already seen bella’s friends, so that couldn’t be possible now could it?

45. Maddie Cullen says:

OMG I love this site! I had no idea how devoted all us Twilighters were… Until now… 25 BOXES????? Are you joking that’s INSANE! I LOVE IT!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Robert is Hott! with a capital HOTT!!!

46. ya that would be way awesome but it would be even cooler if he imprinted on leah since she lost sam and everything plus she already knows all the secrets

47. Hellish Red Devil says:

Now that is dedication. :D

48. MareBear says:

HAHAHA I just love this post so much! It’s so great to see how devoted the fans are, but even cooler is how humble Mike is and how wonderful it is that his own mother contacted the Lexicon! I adore cute families!! :)

49. Umm ya I just thought i would put this up if ppl want to look at them…. I hope the ppl that run the site dont mind… but its just way to funny to keep a secret http://simplydelightfulx.deviantart.com/art/Edward-s-Secret-Repression-78262046 this persons art is AMAZING

50. almost a bella says:

Cute! How many socks were in each box?
    As Mddie Cullen said “I love this site” : I totally agree with ya! and Robert is HOTTTT!