Solomon Trimble In His Own Words

We are very fortunate to have Solomon Trimble, Sam Uley, grant us his first major interview.  There is no doubt about it, he IS Sam!  Without question that he has a bright future ahead of him.

Thank you to Cocoa for acting as our reporter, and a HUGE thank you to Solomon for giving us the privilege of conveying his words and feeling to the Twilight fans.  You can discuss Solomon’s fantastic answers over at the message boards.

Some select quotes are here:

"Family always came first; I just want to give back to them for being so supportive of me…."

"I’ve always been interested in acting; my background is in stage acting and dance…."

"I don’t think Sam carried the burden of a secret; the fact that he said anything makes it clear that he’s more interested in protecting his people…"

Read the entire interview here

Comments

1. It’s great to hear from him! :)

2. he is like so lucky

3. Woot Woot! You made my night :)

4. What a great interview! He seems so down to Earth! And holy cow! He’s got a lot of experience in a billion different fields! He’ll make a great Sam!

I laughed out loud reading the part about his sister’s reaction! That was hilarious!

Thanks Solomon and Cocoa!

5. That was great! He will make an awesome Sam :)
    (He’s sound head-hurting smart also, lol.)

6. Wow, it’s like he was destined to be Sam Uley. LoL, it kinda sucks though that he had to delete his facebook account just because of all the requests I’m sure he was getting.

I really thought his encounter with a twilight fan was really cute… lol, I give props to that girl, whoever she is!

7. hairy furball says:

I LOVE UR BACK SOLO!

8. he will be the perfect Sam! another awesome interview!

9. My god!! He has his mind set on hight goals, which makes him a really smart ( i wish I was like that). He is really an interesting person.

10. ‘A well-dressed emo girl’ that made me laugh. x]
    Good interview. He seems to be a great guy..and will also no doubt play Sam well.

11. I think he will make a great Sam. He seems really smart and I love the passion he has for his culture!

12. Very cool. He seems to have a lot of the same characteristics that Sam does. I think he’ll do great! Thanks for the interview! :)

13. I like him, sounds perfect for Sam. I deff love his nack for family and culture which is also important with me.

Wonderful interview!

14. Wow. Seems like a cool and sweet guy. Plus super smart. I think he will make a great Sam, but I have to admit I pictured Sam as a really strong and hunky modely looking guy. Anyways, he is soo lucky, wish I could be in the movie.

15. Wow you r the best site out thier

16. I am soooo happy about him! Well…I kinda wasn’t at first, but I think it’s cool how they picked him, he seems like such a real guy compared to all the big name actors in the movie. I’m pretty excited >>

17. twilightfan says:

W O W….that is all I can say!
    This guy is incredible! He will truly be an amazing Sam!

18. Saiyachick says:

Haha! I knew Solomon was a great guy =p He loves Bone Thugs N Harmony like me!

19. Ha ha ha, nice interview!!! ;)

Solomon has a great sense of humor!!! Love it!!! I really like him for “Sam”, plus he’s really down to earth. :D

20. Solomon is Sam! Or should I say; Sam is Solomon!!!
    :) :) :) :) :) :):) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

21. Wow! He sounds like a perfect Sam!! And he has cool taste in music :D

22. just wanted to say happy birthday to the lexicon!! woohoo!

=)

23. He is simply exquisite.

24. Brittani says:

Wow, he’s perfect for Sam.

&&He seems really intelligent.

25. Elizabeth Bennett says:

He sounds like an awsome role model!! I just love it when actors are actually good people with high standards in real life. He’s going to make a terrific Sam!!

26. he is the prefect sam! I am really looking forward to this movie. My stomach hurts with excitment just thinking about it!! lol
    Best of luck to Solomen,
    Brooke

27. twilight_obsessed says:

wow, Solomon is sooo Sam. i’m glad we got to hear from him. it just confirmed that they picked the right actor…once again! i can’t wait for this movie!! :)

28. Sanguina says:

I think he’ll do an amazing job!

29. QUEENCROWN says:

he is awesome!

Everytime an interview comes out I’m like “OMG, these people are so cool!” Like with Rachelle and Ashley and Peter…

I love how his sister was like “tell me your not jacob!” that is too funny.

I can’t wait for this movie!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Thanks Solomon and Cocoa!

30. thanks for the interview
    he will make an awesome sam!!!

31. dexy_dexa says:

Hey thanks for interview Solomon!!! He’s going to be an amazing Sam!! Being an urban native sort of reminds me of my cousin from norman, oklahoma.. their choctaw but, they always remember to come home for our ceremonies and so forth… Woo Hoo!!
    Native Pride!!!

32. He sounds like such a down-to-earth guy… I love how he tries to be the role model for the young Natives. That’s really sweet. His answers were very intelligent… and PHILOSOPHY?! Wow… smartie.

I really, really like you Solomon! You’re gonna be great!

33. IrishTea says:

hahaah the best part was when his sister was like “YOU’RE NOT PLAYING JACOB?!?!” in horror.

He seems like a good guy. Serious and dedicated like Sam

34. He sounds like a wonderful person! So level headed and sweet! I can’t wait to see him in action!

35. Great interview! Good job Cocoa. Thanks…and Thanks Solomon.

36. La tua Cantante says:

I wasn’t expecting an interview from Solomon…but I am extremely pleased that it was from him!!!
    We got to get to know the true him here!!!
    He is a GREAT person!!!He seem very intelligent and dedicated to everyone and everything about him!!!
    It is OBVIOUS that he understood Sam’s character COMPLETLY,wich will make him PERFECT for the role.and he sounded very dedicated to do the best job he can for the role!
    I got very excited when he mentioned that he didn’t think it was going to be just another Sappy Teen Love Story and that he believes Catherine wants to give the movie the Depth and Realism Stephenie Meyer Intended!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    THAT couldn’t have pleased me more!!!I am glad he added that in!
    GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYTHING SOLOMON!!!
    I know you will bw the PERFECT SAM!!!

37. jo schmoe says:

38. That was a really good interview, I learned SO MUCH! Not to mention, he practically seems like a Sam already with his background… Almost creepy…

39. That was a fantastic interview. You had some great questions and I was really impressed, but I always am with the twilight lexicon!!!

thank you for the wonderful break from my day

Thanks Sam…. you really are kind to humor us, but we love it and we are that much more in love with the movie and your role…

40. Wow!! This guy will make a great Sam!!
    Thank you Cocoa for the awesome interview!!!

41. He’s perfect as Sam U. and perfect for me. He’s ambtious,intelligent,kind,and single. I am inlove. There I said it. I said what everyone here was thinking. ;)

42. What a cutie! I love how he’s so proud of his culture and shows great admiration in the character he’s playing… no doubt he’ll make a fabulous Sam.

*unrelated!*
    I’m not sure if it’s been said, but has anyone seen a youtube video with a song about Twilight? It’s really nice and here’s the link http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=hGrD5faOUdc

I’m not a registered user, so I don’t think I could’ve posted it on the boards.

43. Wow he’ll be a perfect Sam…I hope there’s another movie so we can see more of him..oh and the New pic is Awesome! Great Job Lexicon!

44. He’s going to be awesome! serious,dedicated,smart,loyal great qualities for a sam.:) best of luck Solomon!

45. I´ve loved all your interviews but especially this one and Edi Gathegi´s.

Questions off the beaten track! They offer us more about the person, not just the performer. Please keep this trend! It certainly sets you apart from other fan sites :).

46. he seems very cool, i like his book recommendations and i LOVE that he’s into metallica! i always pictured the pack being into metallica, i hope in the movie they bring that element out, it would be perfect in the confrontation with the vampires…FIGHT FIRE WITH FIRE SAM! er…soloman!!!

47. La tua Cantante says:

Devon!!!!!
    That would be really GREAT!!! I agree!!! It would be good used for confrontation with the vampires,well it would be even better in Eclipse especially.
    I can see it now! The wolves seem like the Metallica type
    completly!!! ha ha..thats funny!

48. blackskies says:

great interview.

haha. they always end with ‘are you single?’

49. Hellish Red Devil says:

He’s gonna be great. :D

50. Sam Uley seems very dedicated to the role.

In other news, Kiki posted a new blog about her day on the Twilight set. The link is below.

Happy Friday!