Host Tour Announced Tomorrow and Socks For Mike

It was announced on Stephenie’s site that tomorrow they will give out details regarding The Host Tour.  Because of the massive crowds drawn to Stephenie’s Eclipse signings (1,000’s, some people with 25 books in a backpack in tow) the upcoming events will all be ticketed

Although we don’t have details on this yet, it is VERY likely that these tickets will be limited and will therefore sell out very quickly (my personal gut instinct says a matter of hours). Additionally, since it is The Host signing tour, it is probable that that is the only book that will be personalized.  So if you are looking to attend an event, make sure you get up early and see exactly what the directions are for the signing site you want to go to and take action.  Don’t wait.

Shameless plug here. The Lexicon is a free site for anyone to view, but with a minimum of 20,000 hits on the blog on a slow day, it’s not free to run.  To help us defray our server costs, chat room, PO BOX, and various other things that pop up from time to time, we have our CafePress store that features a variety of Twilight and now THE HOST items. I

Now on to something fun, frivolous, and…well…just plain goofy. In our recent interview with Mike Welch, the actor who will be playing Mike Newton in Twilight, he mentions packing and not being able to find any socks. Now, for those of you who read the interview, pretty much one of the first things you notice is the off-beat sense of humor Mike has. So, we had an idea. Why not have the fans send him socks so he’s never without?

So, if you would like to participate, drop Mike a note and pair of socks. You can order socks through our Amazon shop.  Here, here, and here are just a few samples.(OK, things I never anticipated, I’ve been asked his sock size. YIKES! I have no idea. He’s 5’10" so I’m thinking he probably doesn’t have small feet.)

Michael Welch
4924 Balboa Boulevard
PMB #540
Encino, CA 91316

Comments

1. If someone will tell me his size, I’ll design and knit him a pair that will fit like a glove!! :)

2. Oh, I also just bought a Lex shirt to support you guys!! :)

3. i’d give edward or jasper or carlisle or emmett socks but not mike

4. (note to mike: your about to get an overdose of socks, lol i’ll bet you’ll still be getting them even after the movie is out too)
    ^^> anyways has any one ever been to one of her signings? how much did your ticket cost?

5. Mm. I have some cool stripey socks. If only guys wore them…*sigh*

6. DreamerTacy says:

In response to your shameless plug, I bought something HEHE One Adult Fan Definition pink and white baseball tshirt coming my way!!!

7. Instead of being excited about sending socks to an actor how about sending socks from twilight fans to people who really need it?

8. Did anyone notice that on the CafePress, Volterra is spelled incorrectly both on the link title and on the shirts themsleves? It should be Volterra but it is spelled "Voltera" and "Voltora" respectively. If someone were to order a shirt it would come with the name misspelled. Is there someone who can be notified to make the correction? Oh and the socks idea is awesome! :)

At the time the graphic was made, there was a potential copyright issue, so we deliberately misspelled the name. It was a Napster Metallica vs.Metalica thing.  That issue no longer exists. A re-do is in the works.

Pel

9. i want tickets!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    but sigh, proabaly wont get any…..

10. I am sure once he receives all these socks, he will likely donate them to a worthy cause. Maybe he could pick out a pair or two and autograph them. Charity auction anyone? Maybe he’ll sign some for the Lexicon – that would help defray costs…in the meantime I need to order something!

11. Insomnia says:

Lol, ahahahahaha, this is freakin hilarious…I hope he becomes over whelmed with all those socks (laundry day is going to be interesting ;-))

12. I realllly neeeed this question answered cause I’m to dumb to figure it out!!
    what city on Stephanie’s tour is closest to New York?????????????????
    please answer!!

13. never mind, i got smart and figured it out! did anybody ever relize that she never comes to the east coast??? what’s with that???!!!! Im now crying in my little eastern USA corner.

14. Pinkfurball says:

Aww!!! Why not aewrty???

15. Pinkfurball says:

East coast she never comes to north west and more specifically Montana!!!

16. yeah but your closer to were her tours are!! im miles away. but i definetley hear you! i wish she was doing a big tour for breaking dawn.

17. Oh my god! Another Montanan!!! I’m gonna try to get tickets to the Salt Lake signing!

18. I’m thinkin hot pink fuzzy ones xD

and perhaps some purple knee socks with rainbows and flowers!

19. oh my god, he’s going to get so many socks

20. ahaha
    wow we are crazy…
    =P

21. I am waking up early. I need denver tickets………….

22. I really hope that they sell some tickets online! I can’t exactly drive 8 hours to Salt Lake tomorrow if they’re only selling them in person at the store! I’m stressing out now!

23. Haha I feel like getting him some nice socks with little rubby duckies on them xDD haha the idea’s awesome though xD

24. twilightfan says:

That’s an awesome idea! We should send him a bunch of striped toe socks! I’m lovin’ it.

25. I almost peed my pants when i heard about the socks. think itll be great!!!!!!!!!

26. I love the socks idea. It’s really funny. =)

27. HAHA! i would totally send mike some socks but i live in Australia and it would probably cost way too much. *sigh*

28. LOLL socks idea wins!! :D

29. lil_voice1 says:

lol….i read that and just cracked up!!! its soo funny!!! hes gonna have sooo many socks after this!!!

30. When Stephenie go to San Diego..please post it

31. laurelflower93 says:

haha this is hilarious :D
    if only my mom wouldn’t think i was insane…

oh well, it’s probably too late for that anyways :D

*goes out to buy socks*

teehee!

32. here is the website for the tickets for the PORTLAND OREGON signing;

the ticket price includes a copy of the book.

33. Hahas. Rox Your Socks!
    In no time, it’ll be raining socks XD

34. I’m sending him some socks with puppy dogs on it.
    :) :) :) :) :) :) :) :)

35. I’m from Finland so I’m going to send something really, _really_ Finnish-kind-of socks :)) it’s going to be great!
    (btw – are you going to add somekind of letter with the socks? like “Dear Mike,
    I heard you were out of socks, here’s some.
    Br
    Stina”

36. poor mike!hope he gets his socks soon! x

37. Jennifer says:

hahaha
    awesome idea!
    you should send some and tell him to autograph them for the lex!! that should help for a while!!
    or maybe socks for the whole cast??
    hahaha
    too funny!!
    hehehe

38. Sagarajoey says:

JADE: just order it on amazon and let them send it on Mikes adress it will cost you only USA shipping. I did so from Slovakia.

Great idea t-lex ;) AHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

39. HA HA maybeeee. I think he will make a great Mikie. Wuff!

40. Twimoonilipse12 says:

HAHAHA that is hilarious

Twi.:D

41. WHAT!!!??? Y he need socks?????!!!

42. I sent him some adorable little puppy slipper socks.
    I hope he likes them!

43. hahaha, the other cast members will hear about this and casually slip into interviews and whatnot that they need stuff

44. haha, this is great, just by seeing all the comments so far, you know he’s gonna get a whole lot of socks.

Must be nice…

45. forbiddenfruit_13 says:

hey cool!
    i might send him a pair. i wonder how much he’ll get?!?!?!?

46. okay… so socks? that sounds like fun.. i could just imagine his initial reaction… and then Robert just happens to be there… “Some fans send mix cds, some send flowers… yours, they send you socks… why i will never begin to completely understand!” lol… sorry… just a thought that occurred… love the idea… let me see if i can get my mom to give me a few bucks so i can send Newton some socks… lol… and then i shall return to the ogling of a certan bronze haired vampire… and maybe the civil war vet… lol

47. mybrandofherion says:

I am so sending him women’s socks. Just for the hell of it :D

48. swissgirl says:

Ha!this makes me laugh!that is so cool!
    by the way, Mike prbably wears about size 10 socks,im 5’10” too.
    GO MIKE!!

49. Movies killed the reader. says:

Hhhmm… A character that actually looks like the role he was picked for. Surprising. I’m sorry, but almost all the actors/actresses picked to play the vamp. family don’t fit the descriptions. I like the girl playing Alice, Rosalie, and the actor playing Emmet. And Esme’s body posture makes her seem like a good actress for that role, but she physically doesn’t fit the role. They are all supposed to be inhumanly beautiful, and well, most of them aren’t even humanly beautiful. The worst would be the actor playing Edward.

My apologies to those I have offended, its just my opinion, and I’m brutally honest when it comes to things I’m obsessed with. Such as Meyers books. They are AMAZING. And I don’t want the movie to slaughter it.

P.S. I want to see how much socks he gets. That would be really funny. I think I’ll send him a hat. Just to be different HAHA!

50. Movies killed the reader. says: