Host Tour Announced Tomorrow and Socks For Mike

It was announced on Stephenie’s site that tomorrow they will give out details regarding The Host Tour.  Because of the massive crowds drawn to Stephenie’s Eclipse signings (1,000’s, some people with 25 books in a backpack in tow) the upcoming events will all be ticketed

Although we don’t have details on this yet, it is VERY likely that these tickets will be limited and will therefore sell out very quickly (my personal gut instinct says a matter of hours). Additionally, since it is The Host signing tour, it is probable that that is the only book that will be personalized.  So if you are looking to attend an event, make sure you get up early and see exactly what the directions are for the signing site you want to go to and take action.  Don’t wait.

Shameless plug here. The Lexicon is a free site for anyone to view, but with a minimum of 20,000 hits on the blog on a slow day, it’s not free to run.  To help us defray our server costs, chat room, PO BOX, and various other things that pop up from time to time, we have our CafePress store that features a variety of Twilight and now THE HOST items. I

Now on to something fun, frivolous, and…well…just plain goofy. In our recent interview with Mike Welch, the actor who will be playing Mike Newton in Twilight, he mentions packing and not being able to find any socks. Now, for those of you who read the interview, pretty much one of the first things you notice is the off-beat sense of humor Mike has. So, we had an idea. Why not have the fans send him socks so he’s never without?

So, if you would like to participate, drop Mike a note and pair of socks. You can order socks through our Amazon shop.  Here, here, and here are just a few samples.(OK, things I never anticipated, I’ve been asked his sock size. YIKES! I have no idea. He’s 5’10" so I’m thinking he probably doesn’t have small feet.)

Michael Welch
4924 Balboa Boulevard
PMB #540
Encino, CA 91316

Comments

1. Melinda ! says:

Oh my goodness . This is the greatest idea ever ! I will so try and send him some fun socks :)

2. B Cullen says:

2nd Post! I will send socks, happy socks! What size? :)

3. best idea in history. good-bye useless christmas socks!

4. socks…. wow….so gay…
    but I’ll do it!!

5. Can you buy tickets for the signings online, or do we have to go to the actual bookstore to get them? Thanks!

Fabulous question, but we are as in the dark as you until tomorrow.

Pel~

6. woo! The Host tour I’m so excited. I can’t wait to buy my ticket! Oh and… socks? Thats, completely random.

7. ahaa awesome idea, lets send him SOCKSS !!! X)

8. IrishTea says:

I’m assuming that tickets are first come, first serve. So you basically line up when the store opens and wait till they actually start selling them… they did something similar to the book signing i went to. the socks is a really cute idea, I’ll send him some. Do we know a ballpark size?

I’m sure it’s definitely first come first serve, but as to whether it will be Internet orders, and phone hotline, or showing up in person, that remains to be seen.
    Pel~

9. Andrea Leigh says:

aha im gonna send mike sockss ! =)

10. Pinkfurball says:

Yaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!!
    I’m gunna send him the girliest sox I can get my hands on!!!!!! ;D

11. I’m sending him Pink socks that fit a 3 year old and tell him it might be a tight squeeze.

12. Twilight~apple says:

love the socks idea i will have to go find a cool pair to send him! he will never be sockless agian!

13. HAHA! socks. :)

14. Maddie Cullen says:

Oh No! WE have to help Mike LOL I’ll send that cutie some socks! :D LOL and Yipee for The Host!

p.s. Robert is Hott! with a capital HOTT!

15. ahahahahaha, im gonna send him some socks!
    :D
    i’ll get my friends that don’t come to the Lexicon to send some too.
    gotta spread the love, or in this case, apparel.
    haha.
    MIKE WELCH ROCKS MY SOCKS.
    :D

16. Send him clown soxs, white soxs, black soxs, red soxs, all kinds!

17. Pinkfurball says:

Hmmm I wonder what kind of sox he likes best like if he likes anklets, crew, thigh high, knee high, or tube sox???

Oh well maybe i’ll get him a pair of each! plus the girlie sox!!! =D

18. Dannecia says:

Funny… Imagine when he gets all those socks! He’ll be set for life. (^__^)

19. I sent socks a few days ago…snazzy black and purple striped soccer socks! How fun is this!!!

The Lexicon amazon store has been stockpiled with socks to make things easier:

20. EdwArdlOvEr! says:

hahahahaha!
    Hes gonna have LOADS of sox!
    =)

21. christina says:

LOL what a wonderful idea!
    he’ll be like “what the heck am i getting all these socks for?”
    and then it’ll hit him…”OooooOOooh yeah. i said i needed some in an interview!!” lol
    he’ll have a lifetime worth of socks soon! ^_^
    yay for mike newtonn and his socks hehe

22. Claire Ateara says:

umm… socks? lol. It’s a funny idea, but I don’t have the money right now – I’m literally broke, and if i asked my parents for money to buy socks to send to a movie star… yeah. I think you get it.

But that’s cool about the Host! Can’t wait!

23. subtleconfusionx says:

lmao socks…
    just for him haha

24. HAHAHAH this is an awesome idea!! wow we twilight fans are very generous….Roberts getting a cool support scrapbook and Mike is getting SOCKS!!!!!!

you better watch out what you say in interviews…you might just end up with a lifetime supply of socks =)

25. Sara (Yes theres more then one of us) says:

MUHAHA! xD, I’m gonna buy him a pair of emo socks! xD, HAHAHA! Thats to funny! :D

26. what a cute idea!

27. Moonpetal Lily says:

Wow…the comments on this one are more insane than the request O.o I’ll send virtual socks…mismatched, of course! How about blood-red and black patterned ones?^^ The extent of our love is disturbing.

28. oooooo.
    i have pink socks i can send him :)

29. hahahahaha. next we’ll all be sending cans of black olives to edi.

ROFL!  I actually just said that to Cocoa! We have something else in mind though.
    Pel~

30. Pinkfurball says:

The extent of our love is disturbing.

SERIOUSLY!!!!!

31. something else?

32. i will send him socks!

33. hahahaha, I’m SO going to buy him socks and send them.

And yes, I uber agree with Pinkfurball…the extent of our love IS somewhat disturbing. :D

34. edwardcullenmaniac says:

OMG!!! I shall do it!! I will send him slipper socks…or shall I?? dundundun…yeah, that’s my thing…the dundunduns, for some stupid reason, I can’t help but do them…

35. christina says:

If i find some money and get the chance to go to the store i’m so buying and sending him socks….^_^

36. Dude… sweetest idea ever. I’m totally sending socks! Anything for Mike; he’s AWESOME!!

37. …Dare I write “Mike rocks my socks” on the socks with Sharpies?? :/

hahahahahaha.

Mike Welch DEFINITELY seems like the type of person who could both appreciate AND laugh about this.

And plus, I could TOTALLY imagine remarks in the special features about what a big help the FANS were in making this movie. Without us, guys, Michael Welch wouldn’t have socks. haha.

Oh, and I could also totally imagine a behind-the-scenes exclusive involving a giant pile of socks…from US. hahaha!!!

38. hahaha..nice.

39. Janel aka Jelly says:

ROFLMAO
    SOCKS
    Haha
    I can imagine him
    Getting a ton of socks
    And most of them probably won’t fit or be too weird to wear

40. CoolsocksSam says:

totally sort of my idea! well i was the second 1 to say that
    hence the name coolsockssam
    which was b4 this post
    like today i’m wearing pig socks
    anyways
    im going to get black socks and write on them w/ puffy paint
    leftover from making my friends twilight shirts :)
    and another person said to send him golden retriever socks
    since bella called mike a golden retriever
    that would be hilarious
    hopefully he would get it :)

41. twilightislife says:

AW MAN!!! the sock idea ROX, Lex!!!!!!!! luvin it all the way

as for the tour, well I hope Meyer realizes what lurve she will find in the East and will make her way over here!!!!

42. Savannah says:

hahahaha. we’re sending him a “pack” of socks.

pack, like werewolf pack. ha. ha.
    hahaha?
    i’m bad at puns…

43. My mom’s going to the store right now. I told her to pick up socks and she asked why. I said for my “friend” Mike. You know, so that she wouldn’t think I was completely insane for sending a celebrity socks.
    Best idea I’ve ever heard! He’d get a laugh out of it, too.
    This is going to be fantastic!

44. Midnight_Sunshine says:

This is so super hilarious! As if the whole world didn’t think that we were insane enough. I can just picture reading an article about how the obsessed Twilight fans sent Micheal Welsh hundreds of socks! How am I going to get my mom to go along with this….

45. Fire and Ice says:

Ha,ha. What other fanbase sends socks to actors?

46. CoolsocksSam says:

well, fans of jericho sent peanuts…
    y not socks?

47. Definitely!
    How about some toe socks :D

48. CoolsocksSam says:

toe socks are amazing!
    but i dont have any right now :(
    not sure if mike would wear them…

49. haha.
    love the socks idea!
    gonna o get some very cute ones from the store, and sent them!

50. edwardssinger says:

wow!
    i am SO sending him socks!!!!!!!
    he sorta has big feet…
    but thats ok.
    big feet are now officially amazing!
    i even have big feet…………….

1. […] Poor guy just got a speeding ticket up there on his way to film. That brought back memories of the time fans met Stephenie in Forks. Several people got tickets for driving over the speed limit. So, if you are driving on small town roads in the area, watch you speed. Well, whatever money Mike has to dole out for the ticket, he at least won;t have to worry that it will take away from his clothing budget. […]

2. […] When we read Mike Welch’s blog today and he spoke about receiving the socks spurred on by this post, of course we wanted to know how many socks he got.  So we contacted his management who told us 25 or 30 pairs of socks. Which we thought was pretty cool, but somehow we thought more fans than that had responded. […]