Nikki Reed Tells MTV About Make-up and Hair Changes

Nikki Reed talked to MTV about the numerous problems the cast experienced with the weather in Portland wrecking havoc on the cast’s “look”.

Nikki told MTV when she sat down with them:

“We all had hours of hair and makeup in the morning, and then when we showed up on set, it was raining,” she remembered of her experiences filming the first “Twilight” flick, which hits DVD March 21. “And because we are vampires, we can’t shoot in the sun! So, we were always shooting when it was cloudy, and then there was hail, and the makeup was pouring off. It was an experimental process โ€” now, I think, we are more prepared.”

See the whole story here.

Comments

1. Well Im glad they are able to perfect everything and make it little better thats what should happen with a bigger budget movie… ๐Ÿ™‚ seems like Larry struck a chord with Nikki haha “unnatural.” I was like akwaaaaaaard…haha

2. obvi i meant awkward just waking up and trying to spell clearly doesn’t work for me

3. Aww. He hurt her feelings….

4. HAHAHAHAHHA she’s so sensitive. She shouldn’t have taken the job if she wasn’t prepared for this kind of stuff. She’s a tan brunette playing a pale blonde. What did she think was going to happen?

5. Is it just me or does anybody else think that Nikki seems to come off defensive at times? In this interview it’s easier to see but how about the interview featuring herself and Rachelle that was recently posted. I could be wrong but at one point in that interview it sounded like she said something to the effect of,” Well, if you’d ask a relevant question…” like I said, I could be way off.. She seems to enjoy “Rosalie” but doesn’t appear to take well to (what she views as) criticism and unfortunately that seems to come with the territory. ๐Ÿ™

6. Sorry, I got it wrong. I just watched the clip again and what Nikki says is, ” Well, when you ask a decent question…”
    Not a nice thing to say even when you are giggling and have a smile on your face. ๐Ÿ™

7. Do you think she’s planning on going brown in the movie?
    But one things for sure, she was not happy

8. Again I can’t watch the clip cos I’m in the uk and it never lets us watch this boo! If somebody would like to upload it onto youtube so I can watch it I’d be very grateful, and let me know by leaving a link I’d be happy to give that willing person a lifetime off servitude ๐Ÿ˜€

9. arazcal – I fully agree, she does come across as very defensive in the interview. Her hair looked unnatural, period. I would have a hard time believing that anyone thought she looked like a natural blonde. I think she’s spending too much time with “Negative Nancy” – Kristen Stewart. Hopefully Taylor is being a good influence on them.

PS. I’m really hoping New Moon is 110% better than Twilight was.

10. Love her!! I have to agree, she has been poked at a lot. She is really a sweet girl.

11. A blonde wig is a great idea. Should have used that the first time around!!!

12. Maddie Cullen says

gosh ppl are mean if u want an unnatural looking blonde take a look at jasper haha :D… i personally thought the blonde hair looked good on her ๐Ÿ™‚

13. arazcal-I think you have it wrong. In the Access Hollywood interview, Nikki was taking the approach of “here you are asking a decent question, and we are giggling away.” That’s not an actual quote, that’s just how I took it as.

I think it’s a better idea for her to wear a wig. Her hair fell out before. She shouldn’t have to go through that.

14. Julie M.- Hey, it’s possible. Maybe that’s where she was coming from. I have absolutely no idea the amount of interviews and publicity these guys are literally subjected to. We are all entitled to a bad day.
    I wish Nikki and the rest of the cast an incredible experience. I only hope they enjoy the ride while it lasts!

15. I hope she does wear a wig. Hair falling out is no good…plus in the movie industry they can get like the best wigs..

16. Rockin'It says

I just hope they don’t try and get away with making Rose anything but blonde. I’m slightly nervous as to what she means by “better.”

17. Julie M. – you’re right she is saying sorry you asked a decent question because she didn’t hear the question because she was laughing so she was asking her to repeat it.

And with the whole dyeing her hair I dont think it’s that big of a deal. With all of the things they can do I’m pretty sure they can make her hair look good. ๐Ÿ™‚ I really don’t want her to go bald and then have to wear a wig all the time and not just for filming.

18. I totally understand that she’s going to wear a wig instead of bleaching her hair. They should have had her in a wig from the beginning. Wow, she was rather defensive in the vid, was’t she?

19. In my opinion the hair in general in Twilight wasn’t good i.e. Jackson’s, Nikki’s, Taylor’s. Also, I love Nikki and I think she’s a great actress but I don’t understand why she was cast as Rosalie. Like she said, so much had to be done (36 hours worth of stuff) to make her fit the part, and there’s definitely no shortage of blonde bombshell actresses in Hollywood.

20. I’m not really a fan of this girl…and I really didn’t like her playing Rose…

21. After watching a few clips of Rosalie on other videos and interviews I find her to be very Rosalie Hale (vain and into herself and her beauty). She is absolutely gorgeous, don’t get me wrong. Just wish she was more humble about herself offset. We expect her to be vain in character, but was hoping she wasn’t that way off.

22. Amy Darlene says

ow… that was harsh. the interview i mean…i don’t blame her for being defensive….and i can’t wait to see what they pick out.

how ironic that the ad at the bottom of the page right now is for clorox. that is just sooooo wrong.

23. Twilight Nymph says

Well if it’s going to be better than by all means use the wig. My only concern is how are you going to make her a blonde, skin wise. I mean if they use make up all over, it might look unnatural as well. So, I wonder how they are going to pull that off.

24. MrsEdwardCullen0491 says

he is such a jerk. but she totally rocked it even more after he insulted her

25. He didnt insult her, he just brought up a point that pretty much everyone had made before, during and after the movie was release. She did seem a little defensive but I think she took it out of context.

Larry has always been supportive of Twilight and this series so I doubt he was implying anything harsh to hurt her feelings. He was just stating a fact and I for one am happy that they are trying out new idea’s to make the cast look more natural in their ‘vampire’ skin.

26. I don’t think he meant it as an insult, but it coming right after she said how much work she did to try and look right for the fans was a bit insensitive. I thought Nikki Reed did a great job as Rosalie and cant wait to see her in new moon/eclipse.
    And there is no way that she we be anything but blonde. No need to worry about that.

27. I don’t really like Nikki, and it’s not because she gets defensive. I wish they never hired her to play Rosalie. Sorry, fans.

28. Wow…she seemed VERY defensive. And I’m with everyone else who is happy to see that they’re trying new and better things. Really, the overall look of Twilight didn’t work. It was inconsistent so I’m excited to see what Chris will do with it.

29. Could you believe the horror to have your hair fall out because of the bleach damage? And she did this to show her dedication to the fans! Try to be in her shoes! 36 hours is a very long time. I would be defensive too. Nikki, thank you for all that you do!

30. Why didn’t they just get a paler, blonder person to play Rosalie? I am sure there are plenty of great actresses that better fit the description of Rosalie in the book. Don’t get me wrong-I can’t picture anyone else as Rosalie, now that Twilight has been made. But they should have done a better job to begin with of picking the cast. I guess it’s all in WHO you know.

31. I agree with Piper about the fact that Larry wasn’t insulting her, he was just stating that it did look unnatural for her to be a blonde. They could have found someone who had blonde hair or close to it so that they didn’t have to spend so much time bleaching. Also someone whos tan and has really dark hair shouldn’t be playing a character whos blonde and pale skinned. She even said when it rained so hard the makeup would start to come off, so because she’s tan they would have to spend forever touching it up again.

Hopefully they’ll use a wig in New Moon and it won’t look any different from her hair in Twilight because vampires don’t change. She shouldn’t have to go through 36 hours of bleaching when they could just use a wig.

I have nothing against Nikki and I think she’s a great person, but she did seem a little cranky at the end.

32. @Tina
    You’re exactly right. It’s because Nikki already knew and worked with Hardwicke before that’s how she got cast in Twilight. And you’re first point is correct as well, considering how tight they were with the budget, why would you cast someone who needed so much work done.

33. Wow, I’m starting to wonder if the majority of us twilighters hate the whole cast. I never really had a problem with anyone, but I guess that’s probably because I promised myself before the cast list came out that it’s impossible to make the characters look exactly like they do in my head. Please don’t think I’m trying to start anything, I know that everyone has their own opinions I just didn’t know that anyone besides Kristen was disliked in any way or by anyone. Am I wrong?

34. I like Nikki I think its a shame that fans can be so negative and critical. I really thought Nikki Reed did a excellent job ACTING in twilight. She is an actor who actually has talent and I would rather have her any day then some cookie cutter hollywood blonde.

35. Am I the only one that thinks her mannerisms are exactly like Kristen’s? I mean she talks like her too and appears like she’s stump on some of the questions like Kristen is in interviews. LOL!!

36. She is amazing. I love her as an actress and I have nothing bad to say about her. I liked how she stood up for herself and Twilight, you have to have a back bone. Why would you let someone point out something bad and not say anything. GO NIKKI!!

37. @lori its not just about someone’s acting in this case, its also about getting an actress that looks like Rosalie from the book. None of us said she was a bad actress, most of us thought she did a great job. However, she looks nothing like Rosalie should and it would have been a lot easier to hire someone who already had Rosalie’s natural look. If Rosalie weren’t a blonde then we wouldn’t have a problem with Nikki portraying her, but thats not the case. There’s nothing wrong with being blonde as its just a hair color and I don’t think its that typical in Hollywood.

38. Tilly4Edward says

I don’t think we need a natural pale blonde to play Rosalie – wigs or hairdye are fine. Nikki’s problem is that as Rosalie this look makes her look hard and cold – which may indeed be the effect they were after – whereas in real life she is a gorgeous brunette who is better looking than Rosalie who is supposed to be the epitome of beautifulness.

39. Cara-I love the whole cast, including Kristen! I think every part was cast perfectly. New Moon is going to be great!!! ๐Ÿ™‚

40. Most of the top celebs are turning to organic lip gloss because they have found that chemical lip gloss does not hold it’s shine as well as organic. Why add unnecessary chemicals to your skin when you do not have to? Organic lipstick is the way to go to make sure that you look good while remaining healthy.

41. @sara
    I guess what I don’t understand is if you thought she did a good job conveying Rosalie and if you believed her as that character then what is the problem? Why not have nikki, instead of a natural blonde actress who couldn’t play Rosalie the way nikki did.

42. I don’t like Nikki’s attitude. I don’t think she played a good Rose. She is cute, but not beautiful as she is described in the book. I think Ashley is more beautiful.

43. Yeah I dont think she should be complaining she took the role and changing her hair isn’t a big deal. But I agree with most of you she should just get a wig so it looks less fake. And I agree with Lori but she does need to quit complaining, just get a wig and it’ll be fine. And that way she won’t lose it.

1. […] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and […]