Twilight the Board Game

Go to Charlie’s office, directly to Charlie’s office, do not pass the La Push Reservation, do not collect…Ok sorry, we couldn’t help ourselves. It was just our reaction to learn the latest in Twilight mass marketing is Twilight:the board game.ย  Alas the game pieces don’t sparkle in the sunlight. You can see them here in the i09 gallery, for a good laugh note the names of the items in the gallery by right clicking on them.

Comments

1. Wowwwww…..

2. vampiregirlsince1918 says

The game looks good I’ll most likely buy it. But I think they could have made better character pieces instead of just different colored cardboard. ๐Ÿ™‚

3. Crazycullenfan says

OME!!!! Is this real? Where can you get it? I NEED to have this!!!!

4. am I the only one who thinks it looks kind of cheap? 0_0

5. lmao wow, i won’t be be buying this…
    what in the heck kind of game pieces are those? this looks likes something i could’ve made at home (given of course i was even semi-creative, though i hope you know what i mean…)

6. woohoo!! after how many years? like 3-4. um they had to wait for a movie to make a board game!! anyways, im gonna buy it

7. OMG when and where can i get me one of those?

8. finally! finally!
    a board game!

9. Audrey/Edward says

I agree that it looks kind of cheap. I mean, pewter is not that expensive, folks! But I’ll probably be buying a set or two, anyways. When and where do they go on sale?

10. Erm… I am speachless hehe =)) I think the Twilight Monopoly is a way better idea. Hey, wait! I’m gonna make one this weekend, probably have some fun with my friend while doing so.
    Yeah, so thanx for the idea.
    Cya!

11. Switzerland says

i LOVELOVELOVE twilight.
    but THIS is kinda retarded ๐Ÿ˜›

12. MrsEdwardCullen0491 says

do think it looks cheap…but i’ll probably still get one.

Where can we buy them???

13. hmmm is it just me or is Twilight merchandising getting a little out of hand? I mean, I love me some Twilight, and I thought that the shirts and jewelery were fine, heck I even though that the little Edward action figures were fine! But a board game? I don’t know…
    I mean I love Twilight, and I am really happy it is getting a lot of attention finally from other people, but where will they draw the line? Edward Shampoo??? Bella band-aids? Rosalie car decorations? Emmett workout gear? Jasper self-help books?? (Okay that those are a little over the top… :)) but still my feelings remain the same.

14. Yes. This. I definitely want one. It’ll drive my family UP THE WALL. Only, I bet my boyfriend and like two of my friends will be the only ones who’ll ever play it with me, ’cause they’re the only ones who put up with my twilightness without complaint.

15. Actually, now that I look at it, it looks pretty standard for the board games they make nowadays. And I just bought four board games last month, soooo.

16. Knowing that you are the Best…

HELLO BOYS AND GIRLS, MY NAME IS PATRICIA PESSONI I’M FROM BRASIL, I WANT CEECS THE HELP, WHY ARE THERE POLL ON THE WEBSITE OF MTV http://mtv.uol.com.br/noticias/quem-%C3%A9-o-mais-gato , SO OUR ROBERT PATTINSON THIS LOSS TO THE BILL OF TOKIO ( NOTHING AGAINST IT) BUT VERY IMPORTATN AND OUR ROB, COME AND GIVE A HELPING VOTE AND VOTE MORE AND MORE TO IT NO LOSE SINCE THIS IS FANS OF TOKIO OF THE WHOLE WORLD ARE DOING

THANKS … kISS

17. Haha! This is amazing!

18. Love it. I’m sooo buying this! Though the whole twi-obsession is getting a little insane, I am far from agenst it. I google New Moon every few minutes. It beats doing homework! ๐Ÿ™‚ 11.20.2009!!!!

19. This is…kind of creepy.

20. Where can I get it??!? I want the board game (don’t lie, it’d be GREAT for parties! We’ve been getting kind of bored of playing Apples to Apples every time [though it’s a great game], so it’s be a nice change!), the key cap (my key is a boring default one they give out when you buy the house [my mom wouldn’t let me get the colorful ones when hers was copied at Home Depot ๐Ÿ™ ]), and the belt!

21. Jane volturi says

wow! they have offically made EVERYTHING twilight

22. Amber Pederson says

Are we sure this isn’t just a FANmade game? Because it looks REALLY cheap.

23. futuremrscullen says

It looks cheap. And I’m still waiting for a video game. I’d love to be able to run with the vampires!

24. where can i get one!?

25. hmmm…

26. huh. I’d rather them just stick to twilight SHIRTS. I hate all the merchandise :p

27. Wow! that is just ridiculose. I would buy it but I dought my mom would let me(she’s not a big fan of twilight). So I geuss I’ll just have to hope one of my friends gets one and I can play it. or mabe A friend will get it for me for a birthday or chrismas. I still think that it’s a goofy I dea.

28. KatieCullen77 says

When will it be released?

29. OME!!! WHEN AND WHERE CAN I GET ONE??

30. Wow I’m not that desperate that I’d buy a board game made so cheaply lol. I’ll stick to buying stuff thats made in great condition.

31. I have to agree with everyone who thinks this is over the top! And I’m afraid that “Liz” who suggested the Edward Shampoo, Bella band-aids and other items has just given them more ideas to allow themselves to sellout…I’m seriously upset about this!

32. erm, ok… Now I finally saw some of the merch today at ‘What’s New’, the australian chain store. They have the Edward doll now, bags, more shirts, etc etc, even a movie poster puzzle. But to release a board game? (and no they did not have the game) I’m going to agree with futuremrscullen’s post on this. I’d be more impressed with an Xbox game! At least then you’d get to really be involved. It would be interesting to play it as a character of your choice. Could you imagine! Go through it as Edward, or Alice.. or even Carlisle! Admit it, it would be amusing and addictive. ๐Ÿ˜‰

33. Why the #$%%#$ not LOL

34. Danny Chipman says

It’s not unusual for differently themed Monopoly games to come out, but I can’t say this will be on my Christmas wish list. The merchandising is going a little too far, methinks.

35. heard about this last night and went to bed, heart heavy, eyes cast downward, while wearing my sackcloth, my head covered in ashes.

it’s merch like this that CHEAPENS Twilight. No, it’s beyond cheapened. It’s downright bargain basement time at Big Lots.

I am so fiercely loyal to this love story…seeing all this shiizzz-az makes me boil.

letterstotwilight.com

36. ashley_119882004 says

All I can say is wow.

37. eeerrr...ica says

okay, okay this has to stop! more and more pointless merchendise is coming out…twilight boardgames, candy, band-aids, trading cards, perfume… when will it end! twilighters (or at least me) want to buy these pointless, cheap items just because they are related to the book we all love dearly.

but summit is just squeezing every penny out of us by making this crap!! they are just using us, don’t they realize that we fans are the reason the movie was so successful? don’t they realize that there is a line they are about to cross when we just decide we have had enough and snap?! then what will they do!

now i want to go out and but this stupid game that probably will be confusing and no fun ๐Ÿ™

38. eeerrr...ica says

“Liz” they already have band-aids! I mean what the heck? what is the twilight world coming to!!!!!!

39. Mrs. Nina Victoria Cullen says

listen “eeerrr…ica” I love twilight too but its also true that its us fans that made twilight so popular and SUMMIT ENTERTAINMENT is taking advantage of us twilighters loving twilight. I mean i donly know 1 person thats spent more than $150 dollers on this twilight stuff and my mom is getting so mad at me that thretened me that if i bought more things shed take them and throw them away.this board game yeah it looks cheap but i’ll propobly buy it. summits gonna release more merchandise till we fans get sick of it. half of my friends have already snapped though i probobly wont snap till ive seen breaking dawn the movie.then they will have thousands of twilight related things.

Wats next a Life Sized EDWARD DOLL or SIGNED TWILIGHT CLOTHES or really expensive VAMPIRE SHINE CREAM. ( if they do make this id only buy the last 2…i think.)

40. Christopher North says

I bought this game, and loved it!!! i beat all my friends, lol

41. Libyan leader Colonel Gaddafi has defied strong criticism from the UK and the US by meeting Lockerbie bomber Abdelbaset Ali al-Megrahi on Libyan TV.site

42. I enjoyed reading Twilight Lexicon » Twilight the Board Game when I came across your message about boardgame this Thursday. I created a game about boardgame named Bailout! The Game.

43. I design and produce Limited Edition custom-themed ‘Property Trading Games’ (based on a very popular other one), and I’ve just finished the board for a Twilight one. I’m currently working on all the cards, banknotes, pieces etc, and it should be ready soon. I’m based in the UK, but can look into shipping internationally if required. If anyone here is interested in the set, get in touch. I’ve only just signed up to Polyvore, so I’m looking into how I can post a pic of the board here. All boards are printed, laminated and mounted onto 5mm Foamex board. You get a fully playable game, with everything you need from dice to rulebook…
    A pic of the board is here:

1. […] the original post on Twilight Lexicon Share and Enjoy: These icons link to social bookmarking sites where readers can share and […]