Trailer confusion

Verified through Summit to clear up confusion once again regarding the trailers for the movie.  The ONLY trailer that Summit has produced as of this moment is the trailer that you can see on Myspace.  This trailer was give to MySpace as an exclusive and is therefore not seen elsewhere until Friday.  On Friday the SAME teaser trailer that you have already seen will be placed on the official Twilight movie site as well as other sites all over the web.  This also includes movie theaters!  The Twilight trailer is NOT exclusive to Speed Racer.  If you go see speed Racer this weekend you may or may not see the teaser trailer on your movie screen.  The trailer may in fact pop up on other film previews here and there.  You may even see it pop up on your TV screen this summer.

The only, and I repeat ONLY new promo exclusive you will see until later this summer will be on the extra features section of the Penelope DVD.  Which will include exclusive Twilight movie footage!

Any rumors that there is another trailer ready to premier anywhere are false.  This is it for awhile folks.  It was a wonderful trailer, but it’s a long time between now and December you’re going to have to be patient.  In the meantime there will always be Twilight Tuesdays and the movie exclusives we have for you here.

The majority of the confusion lies of these words found on the Official movie page "Sneak Peek".  A sneak peak in movie lingo is a showing of a film or trailer before its national release date.  As in "I saw a sneak peek of Indiana Jones last week". It is not abbreviated material.  It is usually given out early to a specific audience  (in this case the die hard fans) so that the marketing team can get an idea of how the production will be received by a national audiences.  Summit gaged your reactions to make sure they had delivered a good product before it will air nationally.

Comments

1. melissa says:

yes, there’s always twilight tuesdays.

2. I noticed that the twilight movie website mentions you can see a sneak peak on My Space. The should rephrase that because it makes it sound like the full version will be released to the movie website on friday.

Movie lingo – Sneak Peak–  An advanced showing of an official release date.  As in I went to see a sneak peak of Indiana Jones last week.  A special showing of the movie before its released nationally.  ~Cocoa

3. Twifanatic Amanda says:

It’s ok…*sniff* I’ll live with Twilight Tuesdays and the lexicon, you guys keep me alive hehe

4. *Ye*le*na* says:

*SIGH* I was hoping there would be more! Thank for clerifying. At least we have The Host to quench our thirst for a couple days! I’m glad that I discovered the books this past December. I can’t imagine having had to go through all of this from the beginning!!

5. hibella says:

Thanks for clearing that up…again. How did Speed Racer get tied in with Twilight in the first place. I think its a ploy to get thousands of us to run and see that movie.

6. THE twilighter. says:

it seems like a long time do december..
    I feel like crying I was hoping for more. :[

7. subtleconfusionx says:

awesome thanks =)

8. JordanaCullenx3 says:

hahah hibella. yeah..htat would be funny if they say that..then no theaters show the trailer for Twilight. they would sure make a ton of money though ! veryy good marketing plan.

9. ashley says:

I was so exicted about the words, “Sneak Peak” on the official movie site. I just figured it would be a little longer than the one on MySpace! Bummer! But thanks for clearing it up! 🙁

10. Daniela says:

WOW! *sighs*… I agree with Stacy.. they should rephrase that because most of us were hoping we’ll get to see the “complete” teaser trailer tomorrow.. I had even counted the hours, minutes, seconds.. *sighs* Regarding to Speed.. i think it was a marketing strategy.. I believe most of us were ready to “speed” to the movie theater just to watch the trailer on the big screen. Then again.. there’s always Twilight Tuesday.. and Larry Carrol.. who has made my Tuesdays shine so far…I just hope that when the Penelope DVD is released someone uploads the preview of Twilight for the Twilighters outside the US.

11. twilightislife says:

ooh, in theaters too! THAT is awesomnezz

12. THANK YOU FOR MODERATING MY COMMENT EARLIER, I WAS SO CONFUSED!

I LOVE THE LEXICON!
    THE LEXICON ROCKS MY SOCKS!

13. Jessica says:

Twilight Tuesdays are love.

14. Jessica says:

Also, not to be picky or anything, but isn’t “Sneak peak” spelled as “Sneak peek”…? Just observing. (:

15. Fatimeh says:

i’m pretty sure this confused ALOT of people- including me.
    so thank you lexicon! we can always count on you for help.
    i love me some twilight lexicon staff!

16. ahhh that seems forever ): Ohh well thanks for clearing that up!

17. I already knew about the teaser being the FULL teaser while others were saying that there was another trailer and it was coming out in a couple of days. I already knew though but I also got a bit confused when everone was saying that there was ANOTHER one. Well thanks for clearing it up. By the way…I started reading the Host and it is Awesome!!!!

18. The selfish part inside of me wanted to yell, “SUMMIT!!!!!!!! IT STINKS! IT’S TOO SHORT!!!!!!!!!! MAKE A NEW LONGER ONE!”

But it’s definitely Amazing with a capital “A” and I am excited to wait for it and be able to jump around and giggle in anticipation until December :]

19. ugh. I already thought that.
    But it’s okay. since we have MTV and YOU. 😀

20. blackdove says:

Thanks for clearing that up, I think a lot of us are under the impression that there will be more tomorrow before Speed Racer. That’s ok, I will go see the movie anyways, who knows it may be better on the big screen!

21. Or more important than the film… 2nd of August. Only three months away now people!
    I’m more looking forwards to Breaking Dawn than the film and tbh I reckon that the ‘die hard’ fans ought to be too.

=D

22. God, i’m always late to school on a tuesday because i wouldnt be able to concentrate for thinking about what MTV released lol

The Twilight Lexicon rocks and thank you so much for being awesome!!

23. twilightlvr says:

hey guys!!!!!!! ok this has nothing to do with the trailer.which btw is INSANE!!!!!!!! but i was jus wandering if u lexicon people are guna change ur banner..i mean i luv the banner art but maybe a vote for a new change would be nice ya kno?! cuz a movie inspired one would rock! and if not movie inspired and just fanart or sumthin..just sumthin to think bout.i know i wuld love it!!!!

24. Sarah:

I’m with you, I’m SO looking forward to Breaking Dawn, even more than the movie… don’t get me wrong I’m dying to watch it but… THE LAST BOOK! I want it now….!

25. *intense angst*

(but much thanks to the lexicon!)

26. switzerland85 says:

LOOOOOOOOOOVVVVVVEEEEE THHEE VVVVVVIIIIIIIDDDEEEEOOOOOOO!!! DROOL……………..EDWARDDDDDDDDDDDD CULENNNNNNNNN!!!!!!! SIGH….SEVEN MONTHS TO GO………

27. switzerland85 says:

BTW LOVE THE BANNER IDEA….A NEW ONE WULD BE NICE! HEHE…

28. IHEARTCAMGIGANDET says:

sarah: TOTALLY!!! breaking dawn is WAY more important! its the real thing from stef herseslf!!!!!!!!! AND more legit edward….maybe even more chap.20…..haha.cant wait!!!! lol!!!!!!

29. I knew it! I kept telling that to people on facebook, but they weren’t listening to me.

I love the trailer. I’m going to go watch it again.

30. edwardcullenistotallyhot says:

Oh so disappointed. But then again we still have to wait 7 months, so I’d rather have new footage once in a while than all too soon.

31. We actually have a crisper version of that banner we just have to reload it.

As far as changing it, we actually like it. To be honest the fact that we are purple and have a unique graphic makes it easier for people to identify us vs. any other site out there. In fact Alphie noticed that when she was out in Portland. She’d say, “I’m from The Twilight Lexicon.” and movie people would respond, “Which one is that again.” She’d answer, “The purple site.” and immediately they knew who we were and what our content was.

Also, we are first and foremost a book site. Don’t get me wrong, we love that there is the movie, but for us there’s three other books as well as Stephenie’s other writing. So we’d rather not use movie graphics.

32. thanks!!
    good to know!!!!

33. I guess my confusion now has to do with "exclusive" to myspace. If it was an exclusive to myspace, then what have we been seeing all over the net???????

Good question! Exclusive in the sense that it’s sitting on the MySpace movie account., and then other sites are welcomed to link to their official coverage.

Now this is where we get  what is actually happening vs. what is legal vs. what in general no one cares about.

• Technically speaking, is anyone allowed to take images from trailers or the trailer themselves and load them onto YouTube or their own sites? No. If Summit wanted to they could prevent this and in fact start legal action. In fact Warner Brothers notably did that to several sites regarding the Harry Potter franchise.
    • Do all movies sites care if someone reloads trailers to YouTube? No, many don’t care. They see it as added publicity and as long as the guys who got the exclusive got it for at least 24 hours and get the benefit of people seeing that site, they are cool with others copying content.
    • So where do they draw the line?  In general when other sites start to take away from the movie company’s profit (like adding an entire movie onto YouTube so people won’t buy the DVD) or try to make a profit off their items (like creating merchandise using their characters and pictures so their merchandising dept doesn’t  make the money)
    • So what does Summit think about all this? No idea, we haven;t asked them this specific question.

Hope that answers it. Everyone now probably has now more info on this than they ever wanted. Maybe we should do a whole separate post on this. we seem to get asked this a lot in our inbox.
    Pel

34. Leslie says:

Can someone please tell me what time twilight tuesday comes on??

I would GREATLY appreciate it 😀

35. xoxgoodbye says:

MAYBE PEOPLE WHO STILL THINK WE WILL HAVE A “LONGER” TEASER WILL FINALLY REALIZE IT’S NOT POSSIBLE TO A “LONGER” TEASER (EMPHASIZE TEASER) TRAILER! Generally 30-60 seconds. Never longer than that. I STILL LAUGH AT THE PERSON WHO THINKS WE’RE GETTING A 2-3 MINUTE TEASER!

36. I want more -of course- but I don’t want to see the movie before I see the movie. Know what I mean?

Not that I’m not obsessed. (I’m getting ready to set up camp outside my local theater,) But I’d rather have it when they give it to me. ^^

So in the meantime… * Starts to rock back and forth *

…DecemberDecemberDecemberDecember…

37. 🙁 Was so looking forward to friday now its like any other day 🙁
    I thought that they will give us a ‘complete’ trailer with some action and more story telling so the wider audeinces who never heard about twilight would understand more what its about instead of going…
    What the hell a kid who has stayed 17 for how many years can run that fast after a deer :S!
    Ahh maybe my mood is because ive een so excitied and spreadin the news the full teaser trailer thingy was coming out tomorow…
    but hey hopefully we’ll see twilight posters underneath COMING SOON at cinemas

38. Ya that was disappointing…. :'(
    Im with sara and IHEARTCAMGIGANDET. Not that im not counting down the seconds until December but we already know the basic outline for the movie.
    BREAKING DAWN IS IT PEOPLE! We’ll FINALLY know if Bella gets changed into a vampire (if she doesn’t i will scream) If she’ll FINALLY marry Edward, and WHAT the heck will happen to Jacob.

DISCLAIMER: DONT READ THE REST OF THIS POST IF YOU DONT WANT TO KNOW WHAT i THINK WILL HAPPEN IN BREAKING DAWN!

I personally think Jacob will die :'( only because i’ve heard that it will be from his point of view as well as Bella’s and so I think he will sacrifice himself for Bella or Edward and the whole perspective thing is to let us get a look his mind set before he dies. Of course WE WILL ALL BE SOBBING if that happened but its a last book rule (ex. Harry Potter 7) She can’t kill off Bella or Edward because they are the main characters and Bella has already made her decision so yeah thats my take on things.

39. Totally agree with you ‘sana’ and thank you Lexcon it is good to know instead waking up very early to see if the Trailer is there. Well look in the bright side we have Twilight Tuesdays (i swear i call them Twilight Mondays), The Host, The first chapter of Breaking Dawn (MAY 31!!!!!!!!!!), Twilight Tuesdays, and YouTube to see the Trailer that we can all screem on Robert!, did I mention the Twilight Tuesdays? 😀

40. jane: I TOTALLY agree with you on the whole Breaking Dawn thing I was thinking the same THING….only it was Jacob or Edward.

41. La tua Cantante says:

WE HAVE LOTS TO LOOK FORWARD TO…
    BREAKING DAWN WILL KEEP US OCCUPIED FOR A TIME TILL DECEMBER.LETS NOT FORGET THATS COMING OUT AND TWILIGHT TUESDAY,PLUS THE MOST IMPORTANT…WE WILL ALWAYS HAVE THE SERIES TO READ WHEN EVER WE WANT!!
    PLUS…i HAVE A STRONG FEELING THAT THE REST OF THE MOVIES WILL HOPEFULLY BE MADE..I MEAN,HOW DISSAPOINTING IF NIT. I MEAN JUST TWILIGHT DOESNT EVEN TELL THE WHOLE STORY.
    WICH WOULD MEAN IF GIVEN PERMISSION TO DO THE REST INTO A MOVIE THAN WE WILL ACTUALLY HAVE YEARS OF AWESOME STUFF TO LOOK FORWARD TOO!
    DON’T YOU GUY THINK SO?

42. La tua Cantante says:

JANE and AGGIE,HERES ANOTHER IDEA!
    I THINK LEAH IMPRINTED ON JACOB AND THATS WHY SHE WAS TRYING TO SHOW OFF AT THE END OF ECLIPSE IN FRONT OF JACOB AND ALSO IN THE FINAL CHAPTER SHES ALL TALKING TO HIM ACTING KIND OF JELOUS WHEN SHE ASKS WHEN HE IS GONNA GET OVER IT OR WHATEVER…REMEMBER,SHE’S KIND OF ACTING DEFENSIVE…HMMM COULD IT MEAN SOMETHING?(it seems kind of like that to me)
    AND SHES UPSET HE DOESNT FEEL THE SAME ABOUT HER,HE STILL LOVES BELLA(WHO KNOW IF IMPRINTING ON ANOTHER WERWOLF WORKS BOTH WAYS,MAYBE HE DIDNT IMPRINT BACK,I GUESSS IS THE ONLY WAY TO PUT IT)
    It’s just one of my theories though..but also remember when Jacob brang bella to the bonfire to tell the story of how his people became wolves..maybe Leah was upset Jacob brought Bella,remember Bella said Leah had her eyes closed and seemed sad and thought she saw tears.
    well,anyways If JACOB dies I will be so sad,he’s my favorite character…I hope he imprints on someone when he’s away and brings her back with him or something,but doubtful.
    WHAT DO YOU THINK?

43. I already assumed this, but tis very saddening indeed to know that I have only Twilight Tuesdays, and rereading the books for the millionth time, to quench my Twilight thirst. I propose we fast forward to December, with a pause in August, of course…. So, somebody get on making this life thing a movie that we can fast forward in! We are a fairly smart fanbase… Should be within reason… Any volunteers on starting the inventing process?

44. melissa says:

well, about Summit gauging our reaction:

i know you’ll never see this Summit but, the fans all LOVED the teaser (or at least most of us). however, some people who had never read the books thought it was lame.

so uh, heres to improvement?

45. Grr, I knew that was it, but everyone kept telling me no…so I hoped..ahh it’s a little depressing…oh well

46. baby steps..baby steps
    so far im just waiting for that first chapter of breaking dawn…(and it comes out on my graduation day!!! AHHHH!)

47. HeDazzlesMe says:

I am disappointed with Summit…I mean, no one who hasn’t read the books would understand this trailer. It doesn’t mention him being a vampire or anything. That’s why I was glad they were releasing a longer one…so now it’s depressing to find out they aren’t. :'(

Of course I love the teaser, but I’m a book fan!

48. La tua Cantante: I agree either Jacob dies or imprints on somebody. I actually found a FAN made version of Breaking Dawn on http://www.edwardsmeadow.com and it gave me a lot of ideas. I loved it (it wasn’t stephenie meyer good and it has a lot of grammatical errors but it was well written) seriously at the climax i was like screaming/almost crying! anyway it kept me sane for a while if you don’t mind reading ‘could-be-spoilers’ I am soooooooooooo excited for that freak’n book! And I’m probably getting the Host for my birthday so that should satisfy me for the summer!

49. La tua Cantante says:

I THINK THE MOST IMPORTANT THING THAT HAS BEEN LEFT OUT OF ALL THE INTERVIEWS THAT I FEEL WAS VERY NECESSARY AND HAS NOT YET BEEN MENTIONED AT ALL ONCE WAS THE FACT THAT THE REASON WHY EDWARD STRUGGLES BEING AROUND BELLA SO MUCH IS THAT HE HAS NEVER SMELLED BLOOD LIKE HERS THE WHOLE TIME HE HAS BEEN A VAMPIRE AND ALSO THAT IT’S WORSE FOR HIM THAN THE REST OF HIS FAMILY.
    I THINK IT HELPS SHOW HOW MUCH HARDER HIS STRUGGLE MUST BE EVERY SECOND HE IS NEAR BELLA.
    BUT HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE ADRESSED IN THE BOOK.
    IF NOT,THAN IT WONT BE THE SAME FOR ME,BUT I WILL STILL LOVE THIS MOVIE NO MATTER WHAT ELSE IS NOT EXACTLY HOW I PICTURED IT..HOW CAN IT,NO ONE IMAGINES THE CHARACTERS EXACTLY THE SAME.

50. La tua Cantante says:

I MEANT…HOPEFULLY THAT WILL BE ADRRESSED LIKE IN THE BOOK!