VOTE: Biggest Tear-Jerker in Breaking Dawn Part 1

Now that the majority of us have had a chance to see the film once, twice, three times… we though we would have some fun with polls! The polls do contain some spoilers, so look away now if you haven’t seen the movie yet!

In this poll, we’d like to know which scene, if any, made you cry. We saw several comments on twitter from fans that cried in this film, so we want to hear from you about those scenes. Leave us a comment telling us why you picked the scene you did or to tell us that we missed a scene!

Comments

1. I voted “Bella nearly dies from the birth”, but for me it was more specifically when Edward is begging her not to leave him while he tries to get her heart started again so the venom can spread. That was the first time since the first movie that Rob has really, truly felt like Edward to me.

• This is exactly my feelings. I voted for birth scene, but it was more for when Edward was begging her to come back to him. It KILLED me.

• I voted when Bella nearly dies. But more specifically webern Jacob walks out of the house, drops to the floor and starts to cry and Seth says she didn’t make it. The years were falling down!

• I voted when Bella nearly dies. But more specifically when Jacob walks out of the house and starts to cry and Seth says she didn’t make it. The years were falling down!

• I voted for when Bella nearly dies from giving birth, but I think the biggest tear jerker for me was when Jacob runs out of the house and falls to his knees crying. My heart broke!!

• I voted for when Bella almost dies from giving birth, it was so painful to watch her going through such torture, I could feel it myself and it was like i was there. also, how did she lay there so still for so long with edward pushing on her chest ? She is really a good actress and it was heartwrenching!

• This is so true. During most of the movie Edward had been very distant. And that is one of the only times Rob really captures Edward, the whole i cant live if you dont exist feeling.

• AND I BURST INTO TEARS WHEN JACOB GETS OUT OF THE HOUSE AND HE SITS DOWN AND STARTS CRYING, IT WAS SO SAD. EVEN THOUGH I OBVIOUSLY KNEW THAT BELLA WASNT GOING TO DIE., I COULDNT HELP MYSELF. SEEING HER LIKE THAT AND EDWARD AND JACOB TRYING TO REVIVE HER, MY heart broke.

• I agree – the last few scenes were the real tear-jerkers. Jacob crying and then Jacob Imprinting. I absolutely loved the imprinting scene.

• I agree! Edward’s pain and beggingg her not to leave, cpr, thinking he had failed was so heart wrenching. and Seth and Jacob’s reaction were too. the actors did a superb job
      with those emotions.

2. You left out the scene where Jacob goes outside and cries after he think Bella has died

3. I voted for “Bella nearly dies from the birth”, but more specifically was Jacob crying thinking that she was dead, and Edward desperately trying to keep her heart pumping.

4. Catherine Earnshaw says:

I know I definitely could not help but cry when Bella was walking down the aisle in the wedding scene…She feels chaos and then she sees Edward and everything else just disappears and all that is left is just the two of them. Such a beautiful moment!

5. Marielle Groot Obbink says:

I voted “Bella nearly dies during the birth” but to me it wasn’t the fact that Bella was dying, though it was bad… for me it was Edward her begging her, pleading with her to come back…. just the line…
    “Please, please, please, come back to me, baby. please”
    it has tears running down my face…

6. My unequivocal vote goes to the scene where Jacob runs out of Cullen’s house and breaks down thinking Bella couldnt survive the childbirth. His agony and pain is so transparent that it touched my heart and I truly felt for his loss.

7. I’m a dude and I have to admit that I started welling up when Edward told Bella that their baby loves them and Bella said “I love you” to the baby. And I’m not even a dad myself.

• I thought Edward talking to the baby and telling. Bella the baby loved her was priceless!

• I thought Edward talking to the baby and telling Bella the baby loved her was priceless…very emotional.

• Michelle B says:

I think it was biggest tear jerker for me because not only did Edward finally accept and begin to bond with the baby but he and Bella were finally able to come together to enjoy and celebrate the fact that they were going to be parents. After all of the pain , suffering and discord between them for one brief , happy moment they were able to share the wonder of the new life their love created. They were now a loving family coming together.

8. I didnt thing her almost dying was that sad because i have read the books and knew she wouldnt but all the other moment up there were tear jerkers for sure. but i did vote for the nearly dying part because of jacob and edwards reactions.

9. The part where Edward begs Bella not to leave him while trying to get her heart to start to get the venom going through her body, is the best tear jerker, because my heart sunk seeing Edwards face and he looked he would even cry too, and even though I knew she would survive I was scared too, can’t wait to see the movie again :)

10. twilightdreams says:

I actually cried at the imprinting scene and when we see bella becoming a vampire from the inside out. Plus i cried when bellas transformation when it was showing all those memories, that was just such an epic moment for me
    That and when bella and edward said their vows and the song from the first movie!

• omggg me too, the entire sequence at the end when we see bella’s memories during her transformation….we see her memories from twilight, new moon, and eclipse, i was balling, i couldn’t stop and during that moment they play bella’s lullaby. I couldn’t help myself!!!

11. Twilight Nymph says:

I didn’t cry which was weird, maybe because i was angry we ended up getting the bottom seats, but anyways, the three main scenes that almost got me crying were Bella touching her abdomen as she realizes she’s pregnant and Requiem on Water is playing, Jacob crying as he belives Bella is dead, and the third is of course Edward begging Bella to come back to him. I saw so much emotion in Rob in that scene it was mesmerizing. I was ready to slap myself and say ” why the heck are you not crying?!”

12. Alright, I’ll admit I cried three times. First was at the wedding. The walk down the aisle along with Flightless Bird during the kiss was amazing. The second time I saw the movie the part where Bella is alone and looking in the mirror with shaky hands after telling Edward she is pregnant got me all teary. That Imperial Mammoth song is perfect there. And then the hearing Reneesme scene was very sweet. KStewbroughther A-game in that one

13. It is such a tender moment when Edward can hear the baby, because it really is a turning point. Edward falls in love with the baby Bella loves and in this moment they become a family.

14. It is such a tender moment when Edward can hear the baby, because it really is a turning point. Edward falls in love with the baby Bella loves and in this moment they become a family. I also cried when Edward calls Bella “baby” and when Flightless Bird, American Mouth started playing after their vows.

• Brooke I agree, when Edward touches & rubs her belly, there is just a true bonding of their own family… And him / Edward pleading with Bella to not leave him. Such truth and vulnerability from an indestructable immortal! He NEVER gave up on the true love they had for one another! As for Jacob leaving the birth conceeding that she was dead – my opinion of that is that he walked out on her, he lost his faith, for someone he was supposedly “so in love” he sure didn’t stay and fight…. Well, just proves thata Bella always had the right & BEST man in her sights!

15. It is such a tender moment when Edward can hear the baby, because it really is a turning point. Edward falls in love with the baby Bella loves and in this moment they become a family. I also cried when Edward made a toast to Bella, when Flightless Bird American Mouth was playing during their kiss, and when Edward called her baby when he was trying to bring her back.

16. I’ve cried at several different points throughout the movie but seeing it for the first time at the premiere the point that sticks out in my mind when I completely lost it was when Bella is walking down the aisle and the camera stops at Stephanie’s face for a few seconds. It was a highly emotional night anyway but I bawled like a baby thinking about how happy she looked and it all started with her!!

17. I’ve cried at several different points throughout the movie. Seeing it for the first time at the premiere the point that sticks out in my mind when I completely lost it was when Bella is walking down the aisle and the camera stops at Stephenie’s face for a few seconds. It was a highly emotional night anyway but I bawled like a baby thinking about how happy she looked and it all started with her!!

18. Katie McCort says:

I’ve seen the movie three times and I still cry when Edward begs Bella to come back to him. But, the worst scene for me, as far as emotion goes, has to be the bathroom scene. It is less than 10 seconds but it is my favorite scene in the movie. That one shot where Bella is a skeleton looking into the mirror and you can see Edward behind her sums up the entire point of Breaking Dawn in one shot. It’s brilliant. It’s the irony, it’s Bella’s sacrifice and how incredible her inner strength is, it’s the separation of Bella and Edward, and so much more…it’s brilliant. And I cry every time.

19. Stacey Green says:

I cried when Edward first heard the baby’s thoughts. He was no longer mad at the baby for hurting Bella. Also how Bella showed how much she loved the baby. I really felt it!!!

20. When Jacob leaves the room after thinking Bella has died, falls to the ground in tears.

21. I definitely have to say the part that makes me cry was when Edward is trying to bring back Bella.Can i just say that i read the book an all about 6 times and i honestly feel like the movie was better than the book it brought it to life for me in more ways than one. I don’t know about you guys but i never wanted the movie to end i wanted it to keep going! I cant wait till the second part especially the Vampire on Vampire sex scene haha!!:) When Bella finally realizes they don’t need to stop ever!!! hahahahahahahahaha

22. alwaysedward says:

of course at the end with the birth scene – edward begging her to live, jacob crying….
    but i cried when bella was saying goodbye to her dad – great scene

23. I agree with the part when Edward begs her not to die and calls her baby. My heart sunk at that line.

24. I almost cried when Jacob thought Bella died. But that wasn’t an option so I voted when Edward hears the baby. It was the first time since Bella gets pregnant that the actually look like a family. (Edward, Bella, Renesme.)

25. Mine wasn’t even on the ballot. I’m a firm Team Edward girl through and through, but I cried when Jacob cried, after he thought Bella was truly dead. That was heart wrenching and excellent acting on Taylor’s part.

26. Bella nearly dies from the birth- this scene was so …scary even though i knew what was going to happen I really felt the panic in edward and if he wasn;t a vampire, i am pretty sure there would have been tears, so Robert did an amazing job in that scene. Can;t wait to see the movie again.

27. The only time I cried was when Jacob cried. It was so genuine that it made me cry.

28. Bridgette W says:

I was holding it together pretty good at first, just tears welling up…but when Bella and Edward drive away from the reception and you hear Jacob howling in the woods…the tears were rolling down my face. And I cried a lot after that. I was a mess.

29. Bridgette W says:

30. Marigo Tsakopoulou says:

Seen it 3 times already, many scenes were heartbroken, but twi were outstanding: the bathroom scene with Bella and Rosalie,and when we thought that Bella died with the reactions of both Edward and Jacob. But i cried through most of the movie. Soooo emotional…great job Bill Condon and great performances from our beloved Kristen,Rob and Taylor.

31. Oh I havent seen it yet. But now I know to take a whole box of tissues! I’m useless. I cry watching anything.

32. Oh I havent seen it yet. But now I know to take a whole box of tissues! I’m useless. I cry at anything.

33. Wendy Hale says:

I actually teared up the most when Bella was walking down the aisle as they scanned her dress – it just was simply perfect and how I hoped it would look – it took me back to the first time I read the book and got goose bumps…

34. There were so many great scenes but the one scene that actually made a tear fall down my cheek was the scene after bella dies. Her face still haunts me but when Jacob goes outside and cries. That’s when the tears came. Then Edward freakin out biting her everywhere to get the venom to move faster. LOVED how they showed a slow transformation even her hair inch by inch!!!

35. The one scene that actually made a tear fall down my cheek was the scene after bella dies. Her face still haunts me but when Jacob goes outside and cries. That’s when the tears came. Then Edward freakin out biting her everywhere to get the venom to move faster. LOVED how they showed a slow transformation even her hair inch by inch!!!

36. Ros Gardner says:

I cried the first time I saw the trailer of Jacob dancing with Bella at the Wedding [such a sad moment for both of them]. Had a few tears again during the Movie. Seen it twice already, going back to see it again tomorrow…and again and again most probably. Pity it’s not longer, what happened to all the interaction/animosity that occurs in the book between Jacob n Rosalie-that would have been fun.

37. TwiHard Mom says:

Oh my gosh there were so many scenes that made eyes well up! I couldn’t believe it.

Bella walking down the isle.
    The Bella looking at the baby and going unconscious.
    Edward desperately trying to keep her heart going.
    The scene where Jacob imprints and drops to his knees.
    Bella transforming.
    Jacob crying outside when he thinks Bella is dead.

So many who could choose. This was by far the best directed movie in the series and I cannot wait to see it again.

The countdown begins for part 2!

38. Elizabeth (EverythingRemindsMeOfTwilight) says:

I voted for Edward and Bella’s wedding vows, because it was the first scene in the options that I cried over. But, the first scene in the movie where I started crying was when Bella is packing up her room and looking around—it reminded me VERY vividly of the night before I got married and how it felt to be leaving home.

But, I also cried watching Charlie walk Bella down the aisle and give her away and when Flightless Bird started, I was in pieces. I cried again when Jake and Bella danced. And again when Bella is in front of the mirror and looking happy and scared and “Requiem on the Water” is playing. I cried again when Edward heard the baby and they were happy again, and again when Bella died. Bill Condon evoked the exact emotions he should have. It was incredible and I saw it 3 times—and every time I cried.

39. When Bella dies was so heartfelt and sad ! I cried won’t lie !

40. I wanted to cry a couple of times – if I hadn’t been in a crowded theater, I would have – but the place where I really had to blink hard was when Jake went outside and lost it after Bella “died.”

BTW, what does Edward say to Bella when he goes outside to meet the wolves? It sounds kind of like “you don’t need me anymore” but I can’t tell. I’ve seen the darned thing 3 times, but I’m usually too numb (just numb in shock, numb) to remember to listen for it.

41. CullenCoven says:

There’s no “all of the above” on any of these.

42. Sorry, I didn’t actually cry–but for me the best and most emotional scenes were those of Edward desperately trying to revive Bella and Jacob crying at his loss…

43. I can’t say just one.
    First – when she is saying goodbye to Charlie.
    Second – the ‘Bella’ montage at the end as she’s dying and then her heart stops and everyone looks around at each other. It reminded me so much of crying as I was reading BD for the first time. Bella was dying and I didn’t know the ending of the book. I cried so much.

44. MariposaAlice says:

I think watching Bella dying throughout the whole movie, and then finally Edward’s reaction to when he thinks she’s dead. And Jacob’s? Tears. Rob’s acting just brought it through this time.

45. I was hard between the wedding vows and when Edward hears the baby.

46. rosedahlia says:

My biggest tear-jerker was not listed. When Bella goes to take a bath and looks at herself in the mirror and you see how the bones stick out, then Edward is staring at her in the mirror. I felt so bad for her. The pain she endured. It felt so real seeing played on screen.

47. I voted the birth scene, but from different point of view. Which make me cry is that you can feel the love from Edward and Jacob for Bella, and seeing both of them fighting for Bella’s life and how they end up feeling desperate … Wow, ut’s really a beautiful moment for Bella.

48. I cried almost all the way through the movie. but I really started when Charlie and Bella where talking before she left for the honeymoon. I thought I was going to die when Edward was trying so hard to change her! Thats also the first time I heard him call her baby and that made my heart melt.

49. I honestly didn’t cry at all…during the movie. I gasped a lot, and cringed, and smiled a lot. No, the tears came the next day, when I had time to reflect on the film, and certain scenes. The one that has effected me the most, was watching poor Bella, already so weak…break, crumble to the ground, scream in pain, and all the while still be able to focus on making sure her baby was the priority “He can’t breathe, get him out!” Then watching the light leave her eyes, and Edward struggle to save/change her…shit. Has had me in tears since yesterday.

So I can’t imagine now seeing it, and being able to maintain dry eyes. But that was the scene I voted for.

Kristin/Bella…personally, I can’t even say how much it bothered me to see her face in death like that. Was too realistic for me, too hard to see, because I went through it with my Father. Yeah, it was way too damn accurate for my comfort level.

50. Brittany Jackson says:

The part where Edward said his toast to Bella at the wedding made me cry. That was unexpected.