Official Bel Ami Trailer

Let us know what you think in the comments!

Comments

1. Absolutely amazing…. I love to see the whole movie… Rob in this role is heaven… I hope this will be his big break away from twilight…

2. rhiannon says:

WOW!!!!!!!

3. I’m so tired of movies that feature everyone sleeping around – here it is featured as a game or a dance to achieving success – or getting what one wants. I think it distasteful and unimaginative. Disappointing.

• rhiannon says:

its based on a very famous novel!! so take it up with the author!

• then don’t see it. your loss.

• Welcome to the world. This is a very honest and real portrayal of what even goes on today still. I agree take it up with the author!

• Yes, it is disappointing even though I can see that this is an actor doing the small, artsy film in between the larger films to build up their credibility.

As i understand it, the film was very nearly not released at all, largely because Rob’s character is so despicable, that the film is difficult to watch, and generally was said to be unpleasant throughout.

• smitten_by_twilight says:

Its based on a French novel written before the turn of the LAST century, well over 100 years old. It actually reminds me a bit of Dangerous Liasons, and in our celebrity-mad culture, it remains a timely caution. Trust me – it does NOT celebrate sleeping your way to the top.

4. Can’t wait to see it. It looks amazing!!!

5. Wow his sexiest and most scandalous role yet? Wow! It’s crazy to see Rob making out with that very older woman. She is like a grandmother. But from the trailer alone his acting is outstanding! I think he broke out of the teenager movie group and just entered the older audience group with this movie! Cheers to Rob and all his success!

6. Sadly, once this film is released it will not be shown anywhere around here (the lower plains). I’m in the middle of the book now and I am looking forward to reading the rest.

7. Lynne Stringer says:

I’m not usually into this kind of movie (like Marzee, I don’t think much of movies where everyone sleeps around), but, as a fan of Rob’s work, I’m interested to see it to see how he acts in a role so different from Edward Cullen. I must say I’m impressed with what I saw in the trailer. It looks like he’s done an excellent job.

8. I can’t wait to see this simply because it’s very different then most of the roles I’ve seen Rob take on.

9. MariposaAlice says:

I think Rob looks like he showed his acting skills very well in this movie. He even scared me! But I just probably won’t see it, because I dislike movies (or books) where they’re it seems to be all about the promiscuity (I didn’t like Cruel Intentions either, so..).

10. I am very interested in seeing this movie but my only question is what has taken so long to get it released? It was shot, what almost 2 years ago???

• Lynne Stringer says:

They’ve been trying to work out how to cut it, because they’re concerned about Rob playing someone who is, essentially, the bad guy. They’re worried it won’t do well at the box office if he is painted that way.

11. BloodSucking Leech says:

I was pleasantly surprised that this movie is still on it’s way to theaters-it had been so long I just assumed it was never going to be released.

It looks AMAZING!

12. smitten_by_twilight says:

Awesome! Look forward to seeing it finally – finished the novel ages ago (hope they release a more modern translation with the movie).

13. switzy4ever14 says:

Wow! I’m very impressed with Rob. As usual. Can’t wait to see it.