Edward’s Best Quotes

There are many quotable lines throughout the Twilight Saga and many of them belong to Edward.  In honor of his birthday we’d like to take a poll to see which of his famous lines is the most popular.  You can vote in the poll and tell us why you chose that line in the comments below.  Also, if you have a favorite line that isn’t included in the poll, let us know about it and why we should have included it in the running.

Comments

1. “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb” is such a classic! It’s absolutely hands down my favorite quote of his!

2. Those are all really good quotes. I had a hard time picking just one to vote for.

3. MeyaRose says:

“I prefer brunettes” is my fave, but that’s not included here, so “I love you. I want you. Right now.” will have to do…

4. My favorite: “But I’m tired of trying to stay away from you, Bella.” That was awesome!

5. radiowidow says:

My favorite quote is actually a Bella quote from New Moon: “It never made sense for you to love me. I always knew that.” I’ve read on other sites views that it is an unhealthy relationship between Bella and Edward, but that line says so much – Bella’s insecurity in believing that someone could care about her as much as she does him. Who hasn’t felt that way sometimes, especially in their youth?

6. I chose “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb” simply because its a true definition of their forbidden love. Love that is DANGEROUS on so many levels but yet it cannot be helped!!!!! They need to be together and its almost impossible to turn away from or resist which is why i had a hard time choosing between this one and You are exactly my brand of heroine!!!!! They are both faves of mine….

7. My favorite Edward quote:

“What if I’m not a superhero? What if I’m the bad guy?” Twilight Chpt. 5, pg. 92

Hands down my favorite quote!

• CullenCoven says:

Yes. Thats my fav quote too

• Twilight_News says:

I ALMOST put that in the poll! Honestly! But there were so many from Twilight that I narrowed it down. Maybe I should have added it after all!

• BloodSucking Leech says:

I’m so happy to read quotes from the books again and not from the movies! That’s it–I’m going to read them all over again for the. . .dang,I’ve lost count how many times I’ve read the whole series already!

Thanks Lex for the Edward celebration (LOVE the falling Eds!)

8. even though im not really a team edward i do like when he said to bella in eclipse about jacob doesnt he own a shirt cuz i think it just funny lol and think he a bit jealous about jacob body

• Twilight_News says:

That’s a line from the movie. It isn’t in the book. Same thing with Jacob’s “I’m hotter than you” line. I went with book quotes to keep everything straight.

9. Guys, from what book did Edward say “I love you. I want you. Right now.”? I guess I have to re-read the books again. *palm face*

10. “Before you my life was like a moonless night…” and that whole quote. LOVE IT! :)

11. “you’re not asleep, and you’re not dead. I have always loved you, and I will always love you. I was thinking of you, seeing your face in my mind every second that I was away. When I told you that I didn’t want you, it was the very blackest kind of blasphemy.” (New Moon)

12. My fave is not here.. And explains his suffering all these years. Edward tells Bella… “You don’t know how long I’ve waited for you”. Love it so much.. Thinking of getting it tattood!!

13. hard choice of ones given. Really like the whole moonless night quote and the note he leaves when he goes hunting from Isle Esme.

14. Alice angel says:

“Before you Bella my life was like a moonless night, very dark but there were stars- points if light and reason. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor, suddenly eveything was on fire, there was brilliancy, there was beauty. When you were gone, when the meteor had fallen over the horizon, everything went black. Nothin had changed but my eyes were blinded by the light. I couldn’t see the stars anymore. And there was no more reason for anything”
    My fav. And I’ve been there.

15. Lynne Stringer says:

I don’t know if it’s my computer, but I can’t see any lists on any of these posts. So forgive me if I’m not picking from lists.
    Anyway, I mentioned my favourite Edward quote in the post about his most romantic moment, but I’ll put it here again:

“Sleep, my Bella. You are the only one who has touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love.”

16. From which book and which chapter is “I love you. I want you. Right now”

17. My fave is the “I may not be human, but I’m a man” quote, because it’s about Edward’s human side for loving Bella against his supernatural side for craving her blood and his super-strength because he has to be with Bella but not squeeze her too much. I think it’s all about the reasons Bella wants to change: to be with Edward without him having to worry about hurting her, and to be with him forever.

18. “and so the lion fell in love with the lamb” It’s one of my all time fav quotes… it just describes the situation well.

19. Though I voted for the meadow scene, and of course the “lion & lamb” quote is a part of it…Edward’s admission of his need for Bella, finally, is truly one of my favorite parts. I have so many quotes from the books, but of these choices, this has to be mine. His ‘humanity’ finally roars through…and the tension it creates just lures you in…!!

20. This is from the movie, not the book but it is one of my favorites: “Is it not enough to have a long, happy life with me?”

21. My fav is when Edward left Bella a note and it said “Look after my heart, I’ve left it with you.” Now that is the most romantic thing I have ever heard<3

22. Ohh, stupid me…Happy Birthday Edward xxoo

23. RenezzmeeKarlie says:

“Bella, You Are My Life Now” My Personal Favorite

• vampbball says:

Yes, this one, too! And the “before you my life was like a moonless night…”

• vampbball says:

My favorite quote is from “Twilight,” “What if I’m not a superhero? What if I’m the bad guy?” The movie promoted this line as though he were asking it in a boastful, leering way, but in reality, he was asking it with heartbreaking insecurity. He was trying to tell Bella, “I’m not good enough for you, I am evil by nature, but I selfishly love you anyways. I don’t know what to do.” I choke up a little whenever I read that part of Twilight.

24. Twilight Nymph says:

“But you see, just because we’ve been… dealt a certain hand… it doesn’t mean that we can’t choose to rise above — to conquer the boundaries of a destiny that none of us wanted. To try to retain whatever essential humanity we can.” This quote was truly inspiring to me and therefore it is one of my favorites.

25. I love the quote about the lion and the lamb. It tells us so much about Edward’s feelings for Bella, especially in the beginning. On the one hand he is very aware that it is a dangerous love. On the other hand he also has a strong urge to protect her. I also love his words in Breaking Dawn. “No measure of time with you will ever be long enough. But we’ll start with forever.”

26. I voted “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb” because is the first time he admits out loud that he is in love with her, and it is when he gives up trying to fight it.
    But I have my own selection of Ed´s quotes:
    – Hadn’t you noticed? I’m breaking all the rules now (T)
    – I’ve decided that as long as I was going to hell, I might as well do it thoroughly. (T)
    – Are you going to tell Charlie that I’m your boyfriend or not? (T)
    – You’re resurrecting the human in me (T)
    – Of course I love you- and there is nothing you can do about it! (NM)
    – Well, I’m nearly a hundred and ten. It’s time I settled down. (NM)
    – I lived through an entire 24 hours thinking that you were dead,Bella.That changed the way I look at a lot of things (E)
    – I bit a pillow.Or two. . . (BD)

and my personal favorite is from Eclipse:
    If I had found you, there isn’t a doubt in my mind how I would have proceeded. I was that boy, who would have — as soon as I discovered that you were what I was looking for — gotten down on one knee and endeavored to secure your hand. I would have wanted you for eternity, even when the word didn’t have quite the same connotations.

• That last one from Eclipse is one of my favorite’s too. It really shows Edward from his time period, from where his head is. I can so see him “courting” Bella. All of the quotes are great! It’s so hard to pick just one.

27. although not in the vote i loved where edward tells bella he could not live without her in his life as she want to volterra to rescue him from the volturri.so romantic!

28. Jordan/JJFoxiTwiHardMrsCullen97 says:

I chose “You are exactly my brand of heroin” because it is so sweet and and lovable!!!! But I thought that “Would you please stop trying to take your clothes off?” qoute was brilliant as well because it is funny and intense, but I also loved the “And so the lion fell in love with the lamb…” because it is also very lovely and it shows how he feels using metaphors!!! xx

29. my favorite quote is “What if I’m not the superhero. What if I’m the bad guy?” It was quite a revelation into how he felt about his being a vampire. I chose “Would you please stop trying to take your clothes off.” I think it took a lot of courage to stand for good values.

30. Juliane says:

My favorite quote is in Eclipse chap 22, when they are in the tent: “Do you really think I would hurt her that way?” (when Jacob asks if he would kill him if Bella chose him).

I love the whole conversation with Jacob, when Edward answers all his questions. He is so noble, and this conversation shows in so many ways the strength of his love for Bella. He would do anything for her, even let her go with Jake.

31. Charlotte says:

My favourite is from eclipse where he says in the note, look after my heart I’ve left it with you. But I picked exactly my brand of heroin I think that’s when you first realise the depth pain and restraint he’s going through to be with her.

32. I have 2 favorites that weren’t listed here. “You are my life now.” and “Look after my heart, I left it with you.”

33. Brandi P. says:

Without a doubt Edward has some great lines, so it was hard to pick just one. But I totally agree, Edward is totally a man!

34. My fave : “Of all things about me that could frighten you, you worry about my driving.”

35. Geesh!!! Now I’ve got to read the series again….love it, love it, love it!

36. Christine says:

I chose, “I love you, I want you, now.” Because finally Edward gave in to his need for her. Before that he made her feel like she was a big nympho just for wanting him.

But my favorite line of Edward’s is from “Midnight Sun”

“Her existence alone was excuse enough to justify the creation of the entire world.”

• Juliane says:

I also love so many parts of his reflexions in Midnight Sun, but I was thinking that they weren’t really “quotes” as he didn’t spoke them out loud.

I follow you in this way, my favorite in midnight sun is: “My life was an unending, unchanging midnight. It must, by necessity, always be midnight for me. So how was it possible that the sun was rising now, in the middle of my midnight?”

37. Michelle B says:

“And so the Lion fell in love with the Lamb…” Because this was the first time Edward declared his love for Bella . I was so delighted that that quote made it to the movie .

38. Kathryn says:

“Take care of my heart. I’ve left it with you.”

39. When he opens his mouth to speak, a memorable line comes out!!!!

40. My favorite is ” You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love”

41. switzy4ever14 says:

My favorite two aren’t on here! I have them memorized so no checking the book for me :)

“Sleep, Bella. Dream happy dreams. You are the only one who has ever touched my heart. It will always be yours. Sleep, my only love.”

“Before you, Bella, my life was like an moonless night. Very dark, but there were stars-points of light and reason. And then you shot across my sky like a meteor. Suddenly, everything was on fire; there was brilliancy, there was beauty.”

• switzy4ever14 says:

Oh and let’s not forget “I love you. It’s a sorry excuse for what I’m doing, but it’s still true.” First time he ever said he loves her in so many words. Beautiful.

42. My favortie is “And by the way I adore you, in frightening, dangerous ways.” I saw it on another fan site and I think its from Midnight Sun. I am getting this one tattooed :-)

43. This design is incredible! You definitely know how to keep a reader entertained.
    Between your wit and your videos, I was almost moved to start my own blog (well,
    almost…HaHa!) Wonderful job. I really enjoyed what you had to say, and more than that, how
    you presented it. Too cool!

1. […] Here is the original post: Twilight Lexicon » Edward's Best Quotes […]