A site claiming to have information on Breaking Dawn being shot in 3-D has been debunked by Gossip Cop. Gossip Cop has checked and according to Summit:
A rep for Summit tells Gossip Cop, “Neither film is being shot in 3D,” and calls the rumors “fabricated.”
And a source informs Gossip Cop that while 3D effects can be added during post-production (as they have with some recent releases), right now it is too premature to say whether either part of Breaking Dawn will be converted.
See the entire statement on Gossip Cop.
One site running the rumor has now edited their post to remove the previously incorrect material. They have previously incorrectly cited the following information regarding Stephenie Meyer projects:
- Breaking Dawn would be made into three movies.
- Lana Veenker as a casting director for Breaking Dawn resulting in a flurry of calls and emails to her office.
- The Host movie would be shortly cast in Culver City and shot in early 2011.
- At one point a site claiming to have casting information took the unusual step of issuing a press release stating the film would shoot in Portland by Gus Van Saant.
So to recap Breaking Dawn info:
- 2 movies released in November 2011 and 2012 respectively
- Not currently shooting in 3-D, but it could be added in post production like it was for The Last Airbender.
- Directed by Bill Condon
- Shooting in Louisiana, Vancouver and potentially Brazil (still under negotiation)
- Info on casting found here.