Anna Kenndrick: Defends Twilight Fans

Anna Kendrick wins my personal hero of the month award.

Still, Kendrick bristled at the notion that “Twilight” fans, or “Twihards,” are a little overboard. “People like to make fun of the fans who camp out but people have renaissance faires; people do Civil War reenactments; people do what they like,” Kendrick said. “I’m tired of hearing people rag on the fans. If you don’t like ‘Twilight,’ don’t buy a ticket.”

See the whole story on the Wall Street Journal

Comments

1. Hell YEAH! go Anna!

2. Love her!! Best comments EVER!!!

3. Thank you, Anna! I think it’s awesome that she defended the fans…like me! :)

4. SavyTwilighter says:

i read this earlier today and now i love Anna even more^-^ she’s so sweet so it must really bother her that people are making fun of Twihards for her to say something about it. love how it’s not one of those diplomatic answers as well. she actually sticks up for us! Taylor should take a lesson from Anna and instead of just saying “Our fans are just super dedicated.” he’ll stand up for us as well^-^

5. GO ANNA! She is so awesome for sticking up for us! I agree with her when she says ‘If you don’t like ‘Twilight,’ don’t buy a ticket.’

6. And, going with the “don’t buy a ticket” comment…don’t say anything negative about Twihards!! I can’t stand when people, mainly on Facebook, say something negative about the Saga or the fans, and I let them know!! I was always taught that if someone doesn’t have anything nice to say, they shouldn’t say it at all!

• “if someone doesn’t have anything nice to say, they shouldn’t say it at all!”

–>you got that right! :))

7. Anna , you’re definitely one of my favorite people now. (LOVE your comedic timing)

Thanks for your support. Not all of us get Robs eyes tattooed on our backs, Taylor’s autograph tattooed on our arms, have cats attack us that we’ve named Renesmee or cry hysterically when in the presence of a Twilight star.

You ROCK Anna!!!!

8. Ahhh, Anna. Once again, you never fail to make me smile :)

9. liz raine says:

THIS GIRL! i adore her so, so much. and to read this? it only furthers my appreciation for her.

10. Judy Bradley says:

Amen Anna! I am a Twilight loving Grandma who hears too many unkind comments directed at all Twilight fans and they act like it all the crazy teenagers (their words, not mine) I say we all have the right to follow the Twilight Saga or whatever story of our choosing without criticism from others! There are so many uplifting things to learn from Twilight, so much hope to gain from it for each of us, leave us alone to enjoy it in peace!

• I agree. I am also a Twilight loving Grandma.

• And of course, there’s always the “girls only” thing.

God bless you, Anna.

• I’m a Twi-grandma too! I think we need a web site! lol I LOVE WHAT SHE SAID! There are so many fun things to do and I think Twilight is one of those rare multi-generational things. I have the best time with my daughter going to the conventions, the movies, reading, I wouldn’t trade it for anything. We’ve sucked my future son-in-law into it now too, and believe it or not he’s so enjoying it! I promise. lol

• LoveMeSomeRob says:

Well said Judy Bradley!! I’m not a Twilight Grandma, but I’m certainly a Twilight Mom!! Its for all ages, people on the “outside” just don’t get it. I wish they would just leave us alone, I hate all the negativity :)

And thanks to Anna for sticking up for us!! I knew I liked you for a reason . . . :)

11. Love her!!

My sentiments exactly!

12. radiowidow says:

Thank you Ms. Kendrick!

13. Wow, thanks Anna!! :) that takes balls!

14. Yeah ANNA!! You go girl! I’m with others who have said they’re tired of the hating us fans get. A lot of times the people saying these things haven’t even read the stories and don’t care to. They just see the most vocal fans on tv and think that we’re all like that. No offense to the most vocal fans, it’s just we’re not all like that, and I’m glad Anna stuck up for us!!

15. Thank you Anna ! WE LOVE YOU !

16. thank you very much anna. she is such a sweetheart. god bless her

17. Woohoo Anna! You go girl!

18. Thank you, Anna, just thank you!! Most amazing girl ever!

19. Preach on Anna.!

20. Thank you Anna!!

21. I just love you more for this, Anna!!! Go Team Jessica!! :)

22. switzy4ever14 says:

love you, anna. even more now.

23. Ok, I liked her before but she’s gone up quite a few notches after those comments… “If you don’t like ‘Twilight,’ don’t buy a ticket” – Truer words have never been spoken lol LUV U ANNA

24. Love you Anna!

• What bothers me is all the men who camp out for STAR WARS! they do the same thing. Why is it when us women have something to celebrate- someone has to knock it down! Go Anna-thank you so much for standing up!

25. Here, Here!

26. You know what… I say “let them make fun!” Let them geer!… Who really cares? I’m so tired of fellow Twi-hards crying in the beer because somebody made fun of them. People have been making fun of Star Wars fanatics, Star Trek fanatics, LotR fanatics, for years now. The big problem though, that I see with many Twi-hards and a possible reason for so much negativity, is the over zealousness about the material. I’ve seen Twi-hards lash out at critics and others who read the books and didn’t like them. Some of the responses were quite rude. When you have Twilight Saga winning movie awards simply because they are Twilight related, is also a real downer. I love the Twilight Saga… I’ve read all the books, seen all the movies, and I’ve really enjoyed them, but seeing the pissy attitudes of some of the Twi-hards out there… really puts a damper on things… for me at least…

Granted I don’t have much patience for folks who trash the series without even seeing it. I’d rather them watch it and then determine their opinion vs. just hating it.

That is a difference in a Hater and a person who just doesn’t like it. Haters just hate w/o reason.

In short my friends… sticks and stones may break my bones, but words can not hurt me. :)

27. Thank you, Anna! I LOVE YOU

28. I ove her even more now, go Anna!! I’m sick of people making fun of twilight fans thinking they’re all screaming 13-yr olds. Also, the notion that it’s a girl thing is downright ridiculous.I know many people who hate the saga for no reason at all,they haven’t even touched the books! I’m proud to be a Twi-hard. ;)

29. Heather C. says:

Go, Anna Kendrick, standing up fot the Civil War re-enactors and the Twilight Saga fans!

30. ABSOLULTELY! THanku Anna, we r the best fans in the world. Without us wat wud the saga b? Haters r just jelous. If they wanna start a fight we will win lol. TWIHARDS 4eva!