Volvo Launches Lost In Forks

This just in from Volvo:

Choose your path and win Edward’s Volvo.

Volvo has launched a brand new online contest to tie-in with the new Twilight Saga: Eclipse movie. And this time it takes you to Forks!

The objective of the game is to reach the Cullen House in the shortest number of forks in the road. Everyone who achieves this will be invited to enter a final round, where they’ll play for the chance to win a Volvo XC60 just like Edward’s in Eclipse.

The contest opens today at 10:00am pacific time.

Comments

1. nice trailer !!

2. Vampire-girl says:

wow amazing better than the what drives edward won. I love how they combine the movie it would be so easy for them to just focus on their car instead and I love how its the same music as the trailer. Love it

• Jennifer says:

Did the winner of “what drives Edward” win a Volvo??

Maybe it’s my age and the fact that I have a mortgage and a car payment already, but I would rather win something tangible like a car than something fleeting like a trip to the premier. I know, I know…I going to get skinned alive for that response, but I guess we all have different priorities.

3. brittney b. says:

is anone else having truble getting to the website?

4. Cant make it work, said it was over the 15th, but at the start, it says starts 22nd. whats the deal?

• Faith H. says:

I think they mean July 15th. That’s whaht the rules say.

the contest for the tickets to the premiere ended the 15th
      the contest for the car starts today…

• Jennifer says:

That June 15th date is for a different contest – a sweepstakes actually.

And maybe the usual onslaught of Twi-hards to anything remotley Twilight-related crashed their server and the official rules page is all it can handle bringing up right now. :)

• the only reason it may not work is because u hve to be a certain age to get in and if u hve to jst ask your mom or dad to put in their age and let them help u find the shortest route. By the way the shortest route is only eleven and people keep saying that one person found it in under 2-3 tries which is almost impossible. If u want to c if that works than go left twice than take a right and c if u can find the short cut and then come and tell me cause i am the on who told u all of this

• it ends the enterees on the 4 of july then the people who found the shortest route go to the finals which is on the 15 of july than they make u do something about something under the shortest amount of time than whoever found the shortest amount of time to whatever they wnt i think they will send u an email saying that u won the volvo or somethimg lke that

5. Stephanie says:

any one know why its not working? or what i am doing wrong? lol

6. brittney b. says:

i meant “trouble”

7. we have been trying to log in but the website is not working and it is after 10:00am????? can any one log in?

• mortangel says:

Nope. It’s a mobius flip….

• yeah im having trouble too i have been trying to play it for the last 2 hr and 30 min im getting tired of waiting i dont know whats wrong with it but they need to get it up and running soon

8. shronie says:

It just keeps bringing up the rules.

9. Stephanie says:

i wonder if there is some stupid trick to get this to start lol

10. it wont work!!!! like it says its suppost to open today, but it wont work!

11. if anyone gets it open, please let us know!

12. I just clicked on the website right now at 10:25 am Pacific time and it said that the contest was over and the winner would be announced on June 15th 2010 which would be last week…. yet the construction sign(on the website) stated the contest started on the 22nd…

13. Twilight Nymph says:

No luck here either and I’m on Pacific time. I think they either just forgot or something. Oh, well I can kill some time in the meantime.

14. Same here but then I saw that it starts at 10 am PACIFIC TIME so be sure that ur time zone cause here in chicago it starts until 1 pm. So make sure to do the time conversion if needed!!!! Hope I helped….
    E CLIPSE OUT IN EXACTLY ONE WEEK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

15. Stephanie says:

i only have a certain amount of time till my boss gets in to work lol

16. Stephanie says:

i am in chicago also.. and 10 am pacific time is 12 pm central time.. just fyi.. they are only two hours behind , not three.

17. Shannon says:

Stupid shiny Volvo contest…I can’t get on the site either. I had problems with the New Moon Volvo contest & now it looks like there’ll be the same problems with the eclipse volvo contest

18. johanna says:

not working still… 10:44 pst:(

19. Stephanie says:

tick tock tick tock lol

20. What is going on? It should have opened 50 minutes ago!

21. Shannon says:

it’s working now

22. Stephanie says:

it is? am i missing something? lol

23. Stephanie says:

nevermind! got it lol

24. Stephanie says:

dont keep clicking that pic.. re type the link into your web browser.

25. Stephanie says:

shoot me! lol ive gotten lost three times!

26. Stephanie says:

ooh snap, theres clues at the bottom. * slaps fore head *

27. Stephanie says:

yeah…im lost in forks.

28. Has anybody gotten less than 11 forks? I want to submit it but not if there’s a way to get less…

• Alright well I’ve been on the site for like the past hour trying to get less than 11 forks and I haven’t found a way…so my theory is that it’s 11..but I could definitely be wrong lol.

• johanna says:

same here 11 is my lowest

• I found someone on yahoo answers who said that they also got 11 as their lowest..I have a feeling it’s the lucky number for today.

• When you mentioned 11. I thought of some of the signs. South 101. And then around the campfire there are 11 people sitting there. and the graduation party sign is set for June 11. but then again that 2.50 sign on that hamburger sign could be something too. how it repeats 3 x.

• johanna says:

Definitely gives you a confirmation… finding bella’s house only gives you scenes from the movie. you can submit more than one entry so its cool to find the different scenes. you can always try again:)

29. i’m still totally lost in forks!

30. Stephanie says:

11? damn i’m on like a million! lol

31. Has anyone gotten through yet? I’m COMPLETELY lost in Forks!!

32. Dawnette says:

try and type in lostinforks.com
    That took me to a website that I had to verfy age then to, well the page…..

I never win things like this but its worth a shot!

GO TEAM EDWARD!

33. geez I didn’t know it was just too bella’s house! I found that several times. Although its cool to go around and find all the different scenes.

34. Stephanie says:

…yeah, i also was under the impression it was to the cullens..

• And I wonder if it gives you some sort of confirmation when you do get to the end of the phase? Anyone gotten there yet that can tell us?

• It does give you a confirmation after you reach the cullen’s house. It tells you how many forks you used and then asks whether or not you would like to try again, if you don’t try again then you give them your information and they say that they’ll let you know of who can go on to the next phase by july something or other.

• Thanks! Good to know there’s a light at the end of the tunnel! I keep looking at the bottom for some sort of clue but they don’t seem to be helping. I’ll have to keep trying! :)

35. It’s the Cullen house. You get a congratulations for reaching the Cullen house. I’ve gotten there in 14 forks. I’m trying to lower how many forks now.

36. Christine says:

I just got to the end. Took me like 70 forks LOL I kept getting lost so I doubt I took the shortest route. You see a pic of the Cullen’s house and it asks you to enter your name and email so they can let you know if you’re a finalist. Take your time and enjoy the little things along the way. Mouse over the screen, there are little tidbits. I don’t want to spoil it

37. I totally do not get this! I”m so lost!

38. Default says:

The absolute shortest path takes 11 forks. Good luck everyone. Cheers.

39. OMG just finished with 10 Forks!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    First time i did 200 can u believe that? ive been at it like for 2 hours straight

40. jocelyn says:

i put in my age then get to the page with the enter sign click it and the next page doesnt load! :( what am i doing wrong??

• Default says:

What browser/version of it are you using? Do you have pop-ups disabled, and allow flash content? No ad-blocking enabled (if using firefox)?

41. ok well… if its getting to bellas house i got there in 3 clicks. but how to u submit it? and if its to the cullens house then i cant find that lol

42. jocelyn says:

yay it finally went! the site is sooooo slow though…

43. Well, they certainly put the “lost” in “lost in forks…” I did get some nice desktop images though, and saw the full scene in Bella’s bedroom.

44. jocelyn says:

how do u submit it? and is it bellas or the cullens? cuz bellas seems like a dead end…

45. Finally made it in 11 forks! Man, that was something!

46. Dawnette says:

Ok, I don’t see clues…..

47. I have no clues! Wonder why I’m not getting any clues…

48. I don’t see any clues at the bottom! =(

49. Dawnette says:

Ok, so I have been keeping track of which way I go and where it takes me…. it just changed up on me… Went to the r of the gas station and I went to the beach, before it took me to a shack! THAT’S NOT RIGHT!