New Clip: Bree and Riley What Did You Do To Me

For those of you who have read the Bree Tanner book, how do you think this compares to the book? (Obviously, spoilers will be in the comments. Don’t hit the comments if you are trying to stay spoiler free.)
Via TwiFans

Comments

1. Want a cheeseburger, kid? LOL

2. poor girl… she’s thirsty … forget the cheeseburger, someone get her the cow.

3. Jennifer says:

wow…Riley seems just down right evil – heartless – in this clip. I guess “focused on his goal” might be a proper description. “Just try not to get killed.”

4. Very dark.. I loved it!!

Now here is my big BUT..
    I loved it…BUT it is another clip. Why oh why are they putting more clips out. People, like myself, are weak and we will watch them. I feel so conflicted somethimes: should I watch it, should I wait for the movie.?

I feel like I need Jasper’s help just to calm me down.
    I am getting too anxious now.!!

• I watched some (only once) and did my darndest to leave the rest alone, so as to keep a fresher perspective when I watch the movie proper.
      But ya…it’s really difficult to resist!

• Yep. I told myself I wouldn’t do this. I practically knew all of New Moon before I even saw it. I kept telling myself I would NOT watch Eclipse trailers. Ummm…yeah, I’ve seen every single one. It’s an addiction.

• i feel the same way..where’s jasper when you need him???”:)

5. Jennifer says:

I’ll have to read the book again before I make a comparison, because I will surely misremember something. I know she told Diego what line Riley used to get her to go with him, but did she really describe her transformation – other than remembering the burning?

• From what I remember, she did not talk about what happens during her transformation, just the burning. And she didn’t really talk about what happens the days after the burning stopped.

6. I won’t watch it. There’s way too much out there already…but I still read the comments! :)

7. That was nice vidieo

8. I think it works well, because in the book after her transformation isn’t discussed. In a way I wish I had more from the book in respect to time-line, but it starts up about a week before they attack, and I have a feeling that most of the newborn activity will take place before even the Bree book talks about. At any rate I think that Riley is as cruel in the clip as he came across in the book.

• Jennifer says:

Yes, I was surprised when I started reading it that SM started the book after Bree was already a vampire. I guess when I read in the intro that she wondered what a day in the life of Bree would be like, it didn’t occur to me that she was talking post-transformation. But, I loved the book, regardless.

9. WOW this clip is so scary and evil and just so awesome at the same time. i am so week. i was not suppose to see all of theses clips but i can’t help it.

10. JenniferS says:

Yeah, it fits with the book BUT…I am not going to see Bree friggin Tanner, I am going to see Eclipse! I can handle bad wigs and black cars, and even mashed up storylines but I hate that the director and screenwriter want to add something that is not there and then cut things that we fans feel is essential, like the blood typing scene and the flight home from Volterra.

• RedPrincess says:

TOTALLY agree! So many pieces have been left out that would have pulled things together much better. However, I love it, regardless:)

• I agree too. I’ll love the Twilight movies no matter what, but I have seen more than one Eclipse trailer now that has the storyline completely different. I understand that they have a time limit, but I agree with the original post here. If Melissa Rosenburg would take out all of the other “added” stuff, she would have to time to stick to the ORIGINAL storyline and the best parts of the books that we all know and love.

• We are completely on the same level. My heart aches for the blood-typing scene and for the RIGHT meadow scene.

• I agree with you totally.

11. I think it was a good representation of Riley from the point of view of the newborns. I feel so bad for Bree and the rest of them; they’re all so confused and scared and just trying to stay alive in the madness Riley is (barely) conducting.
    And I couldn’t understand why alot of the actors were saying that David Slade was bringing a darker tone to the movie, and that was a good thing, until I read The Short Second Life Of Bree Tanner. I think, like Bella, I didn’t fully comprehend newborn life and how dark Eclipse really is.

• vampbball says:

Exactly. And now when you realize that Edward lived for 10 years hunting humans…well the new book kind of puts that in perspective, doesn’t it. No wonder he didn’t want Bella to become a vampire.

Riley is a glassbowl, and I thought this clip reflected that well.

12. alexandra says:

Xavier is good.AND Jodelle.

13. Lily Cullen says:

Awesome!

14. Love it! It really favors part of the bree tanner book like I imagined it would be when I read it which by the way is AWESOME!!

15. This was a good clip. Xavier is really pretty good.

16. Bree Tanner is so confused and afraid with her new and she doesn’t know what to do. no one has told her the rules. she is scared and feels alone.

17. johanna says:

I thought Riley should be wearing sunglasses

18. Twilight dreamer says:

Loved it! but…as much as the newborn stuff is cool i hope all the newborns and wolves and all that dont take away from the main focuse of Edward and Bellas love. Without their love there is no Twilight. I also feel like certain things should not have been cut such as in Twilight ‘blood typing’ and in Nm the flight home from volterra just a clip would have dont that scene! I had all my friends (that dont read the books) ask me ‘was that all a dream?’ I cannot wait 4 Eclipse Lets hope for lots of Edward and Bella love!

• Mella Cullen says:

You know, I never thought about that because I have read the books so many times, but that could totally look like it was a dream to a person who hadn’t read the books. I wish they had included the flight back as well.

• what do you mean by blood typing ive been trying to remember that part but cant can you help me out and let me know

19. Twilibrarian says:

The Bella/Edward romance, the Bella/Edward/Jacob triangle, Victoria’s revenge, the wolfpack support, and the action are all integral to the plot of Eclipse…..book and movie.

I don’t think the refilming of some Eclipse scenes was because of wigs or bad lighting. I suspect it had to do with some script “rewriting” due to the release of the Bree Tanner novella.

I won’t spoil it if you haven’t read it. If you have, you know exactly who and what I am talking about.

• um, i’m pretty sure melissa, the director, and jodelle herself all had access to the novella way before any of us did. wasn’t there a pic of jodelle burning her body of it just to be safe? so then the reshoots wouldn’t have been to take the bree stuff into consideration if they already had it when they started writing the movie

20. awwwwwwwwwww poor bree i feel so sorry for her :(

21. I love how they have this scene in the movie! I hope they incorporate more of the short second life of bree tanner because i love it! I hope they throw in characters like Diego and Fred even if its just mentioning their names

22. but not too much from the new book that it takes away from eclipse… i love the short second life of bree tanner but i love eclipse waaaaaay more

23. Hmm, just from this clip it looks like Riley was the one who ‘turned’ her rather than Victoria, but maybe I’m wrong. On the other hand, maybe in the film they are going to have Riley doing some of the turning as well as Victoria. As far as the audience is concerned who haven’t read the books, it’s probably inconsequential. I love Samuel Xavier as Riley. Jodelle looks the part, but I am not convinced by her acting. But this is a short clip. I’m glad they have added some of the newborns’ story in the film. It makes the fight at the end so much more meaningful.

• I agree on all parts! Especially the acting for Bree. But who knows… it is only a clip. All I know is I love Xavier as Riley! I’m very glad they gave him a bigger role in Eclipse, even if it is just to gain more fan girl support in the ticket sales :) :)

24. Carolina C says:

…I agree with Luthien!

25. Twi Love says:

I want to show Bree some love! I already read the Bree Tanner book and as I have totally failed to resist temptation at any point in the saga I have looked at every spoiler leaving me intrigued as to how Bree, Riley (my love for Rob is eternal but wowee Xavier is HAWTT) and the newborn army will enhance the movie.

I totally understand how fans want the maximum screen time for Edward (in New Moon I would have been thrilled if Edward had been at the center of the screen at all times with the rest of the story in a little window in the corner!) but I want to reassure Twilighters that Summit has got their sticky fingers on a huge money maker and they will wring every cent possible from the Twilight Saga.

I’m thinking … Renesmee; the college years, Jacob & Nessie Together Forever, the Cullens Vs Fred, Jasper and Alice before Forks and on and on. Perhaps plans are afoot for a TV show?

26. I read the book online yesterday, all in one chump. Wow, at first I was so incredulous at the information she conveyed and some parts I couldn’t completely understand (this happens to me when “physical places” are written and I can’t picture them in my mind).

The last pages, right before her death took my breath away. I was stunned. I felt so bad for Edward! :(

27. switzy4ever14 says:

I got a question. Does anyone know if Fred is mentioned in Breaking Dawn? I didn’t think he was… but at the end of bree tanner bree says be nice to him if you say him to edward or something. i was just wondering.