“Bella, I envy you” Clip From Eclipse

This is the lead in scene to one of my favorite moments in Eclipse – Rosalie’s flashback! Enjoy!

Comments

1. Awesome!!

2. This is one of favorite moments from Eclipse too! It looks awesome and I CAN NOT wait to see Rosealie’s falshback!!!

3. her hair and makeup look better every time (rosalie’s)

• She does look gorgeous but what’s up with the contacts??? They seem to be getting more and more alien like with each movie. At least in Twilight, you noticed they had amber eyes but they still looked like they could fit in with humans. Now they’re getting really bizarre.

• yeah I noticed that too. They look like they glow in the dark or something..very cat-like. idk how we’re suppose to believe that they fit in around regular humans.
        but this clip is awesome regardless!

4. Oh only a month and nine days to go until we get to see the entire movie. I’m excited about it. This clip is awesome. I can’t wait to see the battle scenes! Those are going to rock. Can anyone please tell me why there’s another girl playing Victoria?

• Because of “scheduling conflicts” Rachelle was not able to come back for Eclipse. The truth? Bryce Dallas Howard is Ron Howard’s daughter. That’s my opinion anyway.

• Sara cooper says:

its alo because Rachelle’s agent asked for more money and they just booted her

• Sara cooper says:

her acting was great thats what counts!!

• ron howard has had nothing to do with this film. why would that help her get the job? just curious why you think that.
        also, catherine hardwicke did an interview stating that they originally wanted bryce dallas but she was unable to for the first movie so they chose someone else. I think she’s an amazing actress and am so thrilled to see her take on victoria! : )

• did anyone else notice the splint bella has on her right hand at the beginning of this clip? I guess she was hurt during the jacob-edward clip that was released, didn’t seem like she was.

• Meredith says:

Rachelle is the on who broke her contract. She scheduled to do another movie at the same time as filming Eclipse and that was against her contract. It was her fault, but hey these things happen and I know she’s kicking herself for it now. I feel bad for her, she just made a mistake. Summit was a bit harsh if you ask me.

5. Nicely done, Nicki! She seems so much like Rosalie here. More depth, not just all the anger like in Twilight.

6. What is up with Bella’s hair?!?! I can’t seem to get over that!!! At least Rosalie looks much better than the previous movies!!!

• I agree. Her wig in the this movies is about as bad as Jacob’s in the first movie.

• bella’s hair looks absolutely awful which sucks because i loved her hair in new moon. i’ve hated it in everything i’ve seen so far of eclipse. not really a fan of rosalie’s hair either! oh wellll.. minor details i suppose.

7. Nikki Reed looks stunning I can hardly wait for the movie it’s going to be great!

• so true! she’s look so pretty and she really looks like “Rosalie”…make up and acting is way better

8. OMG NIKKI IS SOOOO PRETTY. SHE LOOKS BETTER ON THIS MOVIE WELL I THINK THAT EVERYONE LOOKS BETTER ON THIS MOVIE.

• I think Rosalie looks terrible. She is supposed to the the most beautiful. I think she looks worse with each movie.

• beauty is in the eye of the beholder Bella thought she was plain and ordinary looking but every else thought she was pretty so it would come down to what Bella thinks would be the most beautiful girl in the world also Nikki is really pretty

• higgin704 says:

I think Nikki is beautiful, but I think the wig and makeup are not so great. Same with Peter. I know they are blondes in the book, but really wish they just had their real hair.

• yeah i know you think they would have done a better job with how big these movies have become

9. The scene pisses me off and saddens me at the same time. Because Emmett didn’t have a choice either but she made one for him.

• If you read the book, you know why Rosalie chose to save Emmett. He reminded Rosalie of her friend’s baby and since Rosalie cannot have children, she got half of what she want.

• True, but she did exactly what she’s arguing against. SHE took away Emmet’s life/death. Rosalia wishes she just died, and never became a vampire, but fell in love with a dieing man and changed him. Yes, she didn’t end his life early, but, according to her belief, she doomed him to a lifetime of misery.
        Yes, Emmet disagrees, and loves his life, but Rosalie is still a hypocrit.

• Rosalie’s mad because Bella has the option of living as a human unlike her who didn’t because of what her finance did to her it was become a vampire or die i dont think shes mad about becoming a vampire its Bella choosing to end her human life when she has a choice to live unlike the Cullens thats how i see it

10. This is one of my favorite scenes in Eclipse where we finally get to see why Rosalie is the way she is and also why she treats Bella the way she does. I do have to say that Rosalie’s wig is so much better in this movie than in New Moon.
    I cannot wait til June 30th.

11. JenniferS says:

Bah! Every time I see this scene I get a little teary eyed. I am so tired of hearing about wigs, makeup, and Rachelle. Get over it and enjoy the darn movie!

12. Christie says:

HELP…i cant see it..can someone paste another one please and thank you :)

13. Rosalie’s wig looks much better but her eyebrows are terrible. Scene looks great though! I’m so excited to see more of her and Jasper in this one! Love their background stories!

14. I wonder what would happen if all of us sit together in a movie theater. Gee, it’s so hard to please y’all!! I hope that when it’s my turn to see it, I can enjoy it and not have all Twihards criticize every single move/line/wig/makeup/etc.!

Please, just enjoy the fact that we are getting little tidbits! Those of us that are happy and excited for the movie don’t wanna be turned off with all the criticism! Pretty please?

• Ditto and Thank-You!!!!!

• Yep. I couldn’t agree more. This is why I’ve seen all of the movies at private showings where I won’t be distracted. (My friends own a chain of movie theaters so I realize I’m lucky to that extent.) I appreciate the fact that people are REALLY into it, but frankly, relax just a tad. If you spend all of your time wrapped up in wigs you’ll miss the good parts. I mean, I wish the Volvo looked EXACTLY how I imagined it too, but if I can suspend my disbelief enough to be completely enthralled by vampires and werewolves, a few scene piece decisions are not going to make me go nuts. You are of course entitled to your opinion.

• switzy4ever14 says:

exactly. very well-put.

<3 SWITZY LOVE <3

• switzy4ever14 says:

I completely agree with everyone who says to stop whining…. the studio can’t please everyone, they do what they think is best. I believe that we should stop saying we don’t like this or that, you’re not going to like everything. let’s just watch the movies, ok? leave the books for your personal vision of how everything should be.

i really enjoyed nikki in this clip. because there hasn’t been much of her in the past movies (not complaining, just saying) i haven’t really looked at her as “rosalie” yet. she really showed the character for me in this clip. wonderful job.

<3 SWITZY LOVE <3

15. Loved it. The BEST clip I’ve seen thus far, to be totally honest. Great work, Nikki!

16. OMG!!! that was soo good i cant wait to see the movie!

17. Kristen says:

It’s like waiting for Christmas!! And every day another present (in the form of a clip or photo) gets put under the tree, all in preparation for the big day!!! SO EXCITED!!!

18. I just have to say that I don’t think everyone should expect this movie to be 100% perfect. It’s not going to be, but that’s okay!

Yeah, there might be a flaws here or there; I am just thankful that they are releasing clips! :)

19. Honestly, Rosalie has never been exactly what I thought. But come on, people: There is no way to make everything exactly what we thought it was going to be. For that to happen, we’d all have to make our own movies. And as much as I’d like to hang out with Rob Pattinson and everyone for a few months, that’s not going to happen. So sit back, watch the movie, and enjoy it for what it is: someone else’s interpretation. Look at it this way: you get to stare at Rob Pattinson (and Taylor Lautner) for a couple of hours. That in itself is worth my money!

20. i’m underwhelmed by nikki. of course she’s very pretty in real life but yeah, rosalie is supposed to be the most gorgeous creature ever and well… not seeing it so much in the movie. sorry, don’t want to be a jerk, but just my opinion, rosalie was miscast. since she’s only had a handful of lines totally so far in the first 2 movies, there hasn’t been enough to impress. so hopefully i will be pleasantly surprised in this one.

• It does not matter who play the part of Rosalie, there is no way they could have ever found anyone as beautiful as Rosalie in the books. It is impossible. Just like they will never be able to find anyone beautiful enough to play Renesmee Cullen. Impossible.

21. Whoa!!! GJ Nikki Reed!!:)

22. I love the opening shot of this. Rosalie looks so eerie and pale, like a ghost. Perfectly fits not only the vampire mythos, but subliminally that Rosalie is only a ghost of what she once was.

I’m looking forward to finding out more about the Cullen family in this movie.

23. I don’t know if anyone will comment on this but here I go:

Has anyone else noticed in the comments that they start out all nice, but then get attacked. This one started out “Nikki is so pretty” than got “I don’t like her hair, eyebrows, etc.”

I agree with twilightfan39 and shauna. Lets just sit back, stare, and enjoy the view…I mean movie… :-)

• I understand but how are we the audience suppose to believe that the Cullens are fitting in when they are looking so creepy and alien like. The “humans” of Forks should have pitchforks and torches and be storming the Cullens homestead. What worked in the books, is just not working in the movies.

24. Martina says:

I totally agree ladies let’s ENJOY the films. Plus Nikki’s look is so wonderful. I feel confident that this wil be a great/good film. Even if its not perfection I can just read the books and relay on my imagination

25. TammyAZ says:

Did anyone else notice the brace on Bellas right hand? Looks like they stayed with that part too :)

26. finally rosalie looks like rosalie…better make up and acting!

27. Awww!!! I love Rose!!!!

28. Wow, she looks amazing! I’m so excited! I’m so curious to see how they come to have this conversation, since in the book Rosalie comes into Edwardds room while Bella is on his couch. OMG I can’t wait! So curious!

29. it looks great!! rosalie’s eyes are kinda creepy…. hahah but GOOD!

30. twilightsaga fan! says:

CANT WAIT FOR MORE!!!!
    Bella looks like she is wearing a wig BIG-TIME!!!!

31. Corey Cooke says:

This is so cool! I love how Rosalie says ” I don’t hate you. I don’t particularly like you,”

32. I like it a lot!!!

33. Twilight Nymph says:

I just saw the clip and I have to say that I agree with what Nikki said two years ago when she was filming Twilight, that she really wanted to get to the third movie to get to humanize Rosalie, and just watching this, makes me feel like she did. I don’t know, I always feel like they make Rosalie seem angrier than necessary in all the other movies, but just watching her in this one kind of got me all emotional, and that’s before the flashback. I think this is going to be a great scene. Probably, end up crying, but I don’t care.

34. Ashleigh says:

I’ve got to stop watching these or I won’t need to see the movie :P

• Yes, I know! I told myself I wouldn’t look at the clips this time around. I practically knew the entire New Moon movie before I even went to see it. Now…here I am, anxious as ever, waiting for every single clip to come out :)

35. mmm like this better than the “I kissed Bella” snippet.

36. excellent… my favorite part of this book.

37. I cannot wait to see one of my favorite moments from Eclipse come to life,which is Rosalie’s backstory. I’m pretty certain it shocked the readers,as this was the last thing they thought would be the explanation,of why Rosalie was so against Bella becoming one of them. Stephenie Meyer herself said she’d seen a lof of speculation from fans about Rosalie’s past and no one got it right. It was a perfect lead into her helping Bella in BD and it helped me understand Rosalie more. I liked that unexpected twist for Rosalie’s character in the third book.

38. I can’t wait to see that scene and the tent scene <3

39. Hair and makeup is so mess up. Those contacts are awful. Hope they do better with BD

40. This is my favourite book and I just can`t wait. I just hope that it comes out here (Greece) on the 30th aswell. We are all so looking forward to watching it.

41. I love this clip! It’s not exactly the same setting as in the book, but I think both Kristen and Nikki did a fabulous job here. I also love Rosalie’s look. Her hair looks great, and she looks so gorgeous. She IS a vampire. She’s unearthly in her posture and how still she is at the beginning. And her voice even has the quality Stephanie Meyer describes. I think they nailed it. Great job everybody! I can’t wait!

42. Cullenfanforever says:

Ok so twilight was a hit so why change the hair and contacts every time. They should leave it the same! Stop changing things

43. ok rosalie looks absolutly GORGEOUS in this film..she looks just how rosalie is supposed to

1. [...] to Twilight Lexicon for letting me find this incredible new [...]